View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! I'm looking for a new life

Jdangles18

Bluelighter
I don't think I have a bright future . Why bc well I'm really shy and anti social . I'm 18 and never had a job in my life and I'm about to graduate high school . I'm not smart , few friends, to shy to talk to girls , I'm really lazy , always think negative ,etc . Will LSD give me a new life ? Sorry Im new to drugs beside weed. Thanks

I started psychedelics when I was in that boat too. They haven't really amplified my social life but they sure have made me a happier and more optimistic person. I enjoy spending time with people but I'm by no means a social butterfly, kind of introverted, I enjoy pursuing and studying whatever tickles me fancy. I might get flamed by saying this in PD but for an introduction to psychedelics I actually recommend MDMA. It was my first truly uplifting breakthrough experience and it changed me a lot. There's more of a positive push to it and the chances of having an uplifting experience are very high. After MDMA I moved on to "deeper" psychedelics but MDMA is a great one to start with. :)

If he has few friends (and they don't seem very into drugs), I would recommend something more introspective than MDMA for a first experience. The depression he may experience afterward could be tough considering he's already so negative and seems to have little support. You seem to be on the right path, dangles, by pursuing LSD (mushrooms are another great option). Don't expect any miracles, but I can't see what you really have to lose.

You've pretty much qualified a "life" as having a job, fooling around with girls, and having what society considers a conventional good time. In that sense, drugs sure as hell won't advance your cause. I think, at best, drugs can be a supplement to the important things that you value highly, but they are unsustainable on their own merit.

If that wasn't the case, there would be no such thing as tolerance, and the effects of the drugs would last for much much longer than they do.

You should decide for yourself what makes a good "life", and hopefully resolve your choices with those ideals.

I thought he was looking for a new, more positive outlook on the reality of his current life, rather than expecting drug use to give him friends and such.

If he has few friends (and they don't seem very into drugs), I would recommend something more introspective than MDMA for a first experience. The depression he may experience afterward could be tough considering he's already so negative and seems to have little support. You seem to be on the right path, dangles, by pursuing LSD (mushrooms are another great option). Don't expect any miracles, but I can't see what you really have to lose.

I hang out with a few friends that probaly tried every drug but everytime I'm with them I only smoke weed. I told them I would never try anything but weed . I don't even smoke cigs but I'm desprete now . And your right I don't have anything to lose bc my life already sucks . I always wanted to try shrooms bc I thought it would be fun so maybe I'll try that first .

If he has few friends (and they don't seem very into drugs), I would recommend something more introspective than MDMA for a first experience.

I dunno, My first trip was MDMA solo, I didn't have many friends at the time, and none that would be the type to take a psychedelic. I found MDMA very introspective and an incredible spiritual experience. The after-effects are no doubt its big downfall. There is an afterglow but there's also some mild depression later on in the week. For something with no hangover like that LSD would be great, I'm just afraid it might be "too much" for someone in that state and cause more harm than good. LSD is a fantastic substance if you accept what it has to show you. In your case if you do LSD I would recommend a lowish dose, say 150ug. You can get an idea of how much is in your blotter by looking it up in the "acid availbility threads" such as "acid in america 2k9" or "acid on Canada" In North American Drug Discussion or whichever continent you're from. Chances are more expereinced users will have had your blotter and have an idea of how much LSD is in it.

Last edited:
I always wanted to try shrooms bc I thought it would be fun so maybe I'll try that first .

Just to communicate my experience, mushrooms are much harder than LSD. They have a tendency to produce a lot of anxiety in me. I find LSD much smoother. Mushrooms for me are by no means "fun", they're a grueling, difficult, spiritual experience that has it's benefits, but by no means "fun". Your mileage may vary of course.

I agree with you on mushrooms, not much fun at all (I don't even laugh), but enormously rewarding for most despite the difficulty one may experience.

I don't think I have a bright future . Why bc well I'm really shy and anti social . I'm 18 and never had a job in my life and I'm about to graduate high school . I'm not smart , few friends, to shy to talk to girls , I'm really lazy , always think negative ,etc . Will LSD give me a new life ? Sorry Im new to drugs beside weed. Thanks

Sounds like your in many ways just a typical guy growin' up- a lot of these feelings will subside in time; I have felt similar at points, and I don't think drugs really helped as much as provided some kind of springboard to freedom in mind.

I'm gonna have to disagree with Uniter about using MDMA- the state it creates is simply too false IMO, and the comedown can really fuck a person up. LSD will not give you a new life- you get a new life every single second, everything is changing all the time, but LSD might provide some insight as to why you think the way you do....The best advice I can offer is to try and not look for external things to fix things that are happening internally; its kinda futile. Drugs can help at times, but the main problems we humans have are in our inner world- taking from the outer, material world to "fix" the inside doesn't work that well.

Have you thought about maybe speaking to a counsellor of some sort about how you feel? I know the idea can be intimidating, but a good counsellor isn't going to care if your shy or anxious about seeing them- all they will do is offerr you different outlooks.

Take it easy brother :) <3

Just thought I'd add something. My first trip was actually mushrooms and it showed who I truly wanted to be. It was a very arduous experience. Six hours of absolute soul wrenching hell, and I came out spiritually cleansed. MDMA was my first "positive" good trip, I just suggested it because of the beauty and ease of the experience, which I thought might be nice for someone like the OP. I suppose for an introduction to psychedelics the arduous spiritutal cleansing of a true psychedelic is what is required and that's exactly what mushrooms gave me.

^Well, of course it each to their own...many people find MDMA very thereapueaitc (spelling capacity is dead sorry)....mushrooms are a little bit like mind-rape to me....I would suggest DMT myself as a measn of gaining perpective....

I was an anarchist after I took psychedelics the first time... although I was before too.

Just became more sure of it.

I'm gonna have to disagree with Uniter about using MDMA- the state it creates is simply too false IMO, and the comedown can really fuck a person up.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this, Swilow. Was just talking about this very thing in EADD so I'll just quote myself, if you don't mind :)

Been taking MDMA regularly (and often extremely heavily) for fifteen years and it's just as good as it ever was. Others seem less lucky.

I think the loss of "magic" is simply as you realise it is all plastic and the happyness and empathy etc is not real but simply created by a drug masking the realities of the world, sadly. I believe it is all in perception of the experience and how you feel in yourself and out of yourself (toward others, the drug etc) that define the experience.

I very much disagree with this. MDMA is about as far from "plastic" and "unreal" as a drug can be. Feels completely natural - like the piece of me that is missing. Has made huge changes in my life, self-image and relations with others - extremely long-lasting and positive changes. Guess I perceive it in a good way so never lost the "magic" and never will :)

Changing mindset in order to make it great again is probably a bigger ask than any of us could pull off though unfortunately.

Take more (good) MDMA (and plenty acid) then - works for me :D

Surely the feeling that everyone is your best friend, full of trust in everyone etc has been jaded by reality shammy?

Not in the slightest, Aros. Gets stronger every time I use MDMA and stays with me when I don't. The psyches have probably added to this effect but I have it anyway. It's all in how you perceive it, as you say :)

For me, drugs (psyches - including MDMA) changed me from a suicidal fuck-up to... whatever I am now. Not a suicidal chap, but possibly still a fuck-up. Overall, they saved my life and made me a happy camper which is something I could never have thought possible. They won't necessarily solve any problems, though - may even add to them in some cases - so caution is recommended.

PS: I don't get comedowns from MDMA either. None worth a wank anyway.

Last edited:
I think you need to resolve your life issues; psychedelics aren't going to fix all that shit for you.

More to add: With MDMA dosage is key. The bad hangovers people talk about are usually from very high doses and/or redoses. Using MDMA the way I used to was harmless. On the contrary it was quite beneficial. I took about at the most ~130mg in a single dose, NO redoses. Later on in my use I dropped the dosages to ~100mg or maybe a little more. The most comedown/hangover I ever got was a very mild depression later on in the week equivalent to the type of feeling you get during a long string of cloudy, gloomy days. In the first few life-changing experiences the afterglow blew any sort of hangover out of the water.

MDMA was my first psych that I used semi-regularly. I did it once a month for the years I was 18-19, and the benefits it provided me I am very grateful for. I've had non of those crippling, damaging effects the heavy users talk about. Dosage is key. The profundity of my MDMA experiences probably has a lot to do with the fact they were all taken solo. Any time I took MDMA with people it was just a "high", nothing that special, but given time to yourself to do some soul-searching it is one of the most spiritually uplifting psychedelics. (for me anyway)

I've used it a lot longer and at far higher doses with multiple redoses (I've sat up IVing it (crystal, not "Ecstasy") all night on many an occasion) and the "few gloomy days" feeling would be as much of a comedown as I've ever had - overpowered by the afterglow most of the time. I also use it when alone more often than in social situations, although I like both. Used alone I find greatly increases the internal, more psychedelic, effects.

I've heard that from a lot of people. Some are able to use high doses without hangover as long as it is in fact MDMA. I'm the type that's sensetive to the effects of most psychedelics and I find 130mg gives me an intensity that I don't want to go past because after that it gets too much excess stimulation. I'm a wire-ey, nervous energy, high metabolism type though. My MDMA use has always been with "ecstasy" pills due to the lack of crystal MDMA around here, but I always research the pill and find out what's in it and how much.

I've gotten lucky in the past. I research the pills before I buy them and there's often an MDMA E-pill going around, you just have to search it out from all the other crap. My first MDMA experience was pure luck. I thought all E-pills were MDMA so I just bought 3 and took one. Turned out to be the most enlightening experience of my life at the time. It was in fact a decent dose of pure MDMA :)

Last edited:
^ Crystal MDMA is nothing like most pills - even "clean" MDMA ones. It's far more mellow and almost sedating. Very dreamy and introspective if used alone. This effect is massively increased with IV use (once the insane rush it produces has faded a lil, of course). Wrote a Trip Report on IV MDMA if anyone's interested :)

I'd also like to add that shooting MDMA IV is probably a deeply, deeply unhealthy and bad idea - I am not recommending it at all, just reporting my own findings.