• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Im going to pain management for the first time ?

i think probably another ablation could be on deck....

you're saying you felt better after the first ablation so the nerve probably grew back

ask him what he thinks about another one since it worked and you think it worked - no? :shrug:

i think probably another ablation could be on deck....

you're saying you felt better after the first ablation so the nerve probably grew back

ask him what he thinks about another one since it worked and you think it worked - no? :shrug:
After the last thoracic facet injection fucked up my back I’m scared of them now ,if I do have to do them again it’ll only be on my lumbar spine that’s where the discs are really bad , I never do anything near the T8 fracture again.

T

After the last thoracic facet injection fucked up my back I’m scared of them now ,if I do have to do them again it’ll only be on my lumbar spine that’s where the discs are really bad , I never do anything near the T8 fracture again.

T

ok but a facet injection is different than an ablation

was surgery ever mentioned?

ok but a facet injection is different than an ablation

was surgery ever mentioned?
Insurance will not pay for an abalation until you do two rounds of facet injections first ,

I went to two different orthopedic surgeons this summer about stabilizing the compression fracture and
One said he won’t stabilize it as is he’ll have to straighten me out first and then stabilize it ,and all work will be done thru my abdomen ,chest and a risk of paralysis and new pain starting from all the work needed, very risky and I might be worse off afterwards .

The second said pretty much the same thing but in the end said ,
You lasted 30 years living a normal life working a 9to 5 , leave it alone ,relax, and enjoy your retirement.

Both said it’s possible but not worth the risk

A little history first , I have a compression fracture of T8 that I did when I was 18 that I self medicated for decades and I have degenerative disc disease which social security just recently awarded me my approval certificate for disability social security, so my question is I have my first appointment at the pain management place which also is where I get my marijuana prescriptions filled at for the first time next week ,do you think it’s wise to bring in my self sourced drugs to show the doctor that allthough I have plenty of drugs on my own that I’m just trying to do things legit ? Or do I leave them home ?

My question is not about me sourcing drugs, but about do I bring them along to help validate my story ,I’m completely honest with my docs about my prior drug abuse and everything else going on in my life but I’m not sure about dropping 1000 pills on the counter to prove a point is a good idea , 😬
Update , I ended up leaving everything home and just telling him the truth about everything and he was totally cool with it , he told me to skip the kratom from now on.
He gave me #60 10 mg Oxys a month ,baclofen,and another one too, he asked if 60 tablets would be enough for a month or two weeks 🤪, I didn’t wanna seem greedy so I said that’ll be plenty.He took my word when I told him 300 mg tramadol 2x a day keeps my pain under control but I can’t take them any longer because of the ssri fucks with me and he did a conversion;that said 60 mg morphine is the equivalent to 600 mg tramadol.

When telling a true story there’s no reason to lie, brutal honesty prevailed again.

Update , I ended up leaving everything home and just telling him the truth about everything and he was totally cool with it , he told me to skip the kratom from now on.
He gave me #60 10 mg Oxys a month ,baclofen,and another one too, he asked if 60 tablets would be enough for a month or two weeks 🤪, I didn’t wanna seem greedy so I said that’ll be plenty.He took my word when I told him 300 mg tramadol 2x a day keeps my pain under control but I can’t take them any longer because of the ssri fucks with me and he did a conversion;that said 60 mg morphine is the equivalent to 600 mg tramadol.

When telling a true story there’s no reason to lie, brutal honesty prevailed again.

Is this USA? I don’t believe it if it is lol.

-GC