• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I'm clean of crack and heroin for 6 months and I need an advice.

Dada5000

Bluelighter
Last time wehn I took both of them was exactly the 2nd August 2023. I had to stop because I threw away 2 semesters in the uni because of the drugs and promised myself to stay clean for the whole semester and get the job done. Now , I have final exams and I have been preparing myself for them , I didn't do any drugs this whole time from 2nd August. But now , my old friend called me and asked me if I'd like to "relax" for one night and smoke with him heroin and crack. Now thinking about smoking crack makes me already anxious, I remember all the bad things and shitty feeling I had on it overall (not talking about the high which felt of course good), so I'm very hesitant about it , but I feel like if I'd smoke little bit heroin, I'll be able to relax and forget about it again (I never was really addicted to heroin , because I was smoking it only maybe every third day or so). Is this all a very bad idea ? Should I tell the friend, that I'm anxious, I might start destroying my life with drugs again. Does anyone have experience with which he could give an advice ? I'm really hesitant to take any drugs but maybe if I did I could at least relax for once from all the University hustle ?

If you have to ask the question then I think you already know the answer.

If you want my opinion then, yes, it's a very bad idea.

You don't have to justify your choices to your friend. But if you do want to say something just tell them that you've been there and done that and you're done with it. That you're focused on other things. And if they can't accept that they're probably not your friend.

Concentrate on your studies and fulfil your promise to yourself. Sure go relax, maybe have a couple beers, treat yourself to a nice meal, go get laid, whatever. But fuck that shit right off and don't look back.

Good luck with your exams.

Last time wehn I took both of them was exactly the 2nd August 2023. I had to stop because I threw away 2 semesters in the uni because of the drugs and promised myself to stay clean for the whole semester and get the job done. Now , I have final exams and I have been preparing myself for them , I didn't do any drugs this whole time from 2nd August. But now , my old friend called me and asked me if I'd like to "relax" for one night and smoke with him heroin and crack. Now thinking about smoking crack makes me already anxious, I remember all the bad things and shitty feeling I had on it overall (not talking about the high which felt of course good), so I'm very hesitant about it , but I feel like if I'd smoke little bit heroin, I'll be able to relax and forget about it again (I never was really addicted to heroin , because I was smoking it only maybe every third day or so). Is this all a very bad idea ? Should I tell the friend, that I'm anxious, I might start destroying my life with drugs again. Does anyone have experience with which he could give an advice ? I'm really hesitant to take any drugs but maybe if I did I could at least relax for once from all the University hustle ?
You will end up smoking crack if he has it and you start smoking heroin and you put in too much work to throw it all away for one night to” relax “ there’s better ways. Time to cut ties with old friends

Echoing the truth the others have spoken - it's a truly terrible idea. Both are grim drugs all told.

Just because it didn't grab you by the balls last time means fuck all - next time could easily be different

Staying away from crack and heroin is a gift to yourself mate, present and future - you're 21 don't roll the dice, it's loaded

Echoing the truth the others have spoken - it's a truly terrible idea. Both are grim drugs all told.

Just because it didn't grab you by the balls last time means fuck all - next time could easily be different

Staying away from crack and heroin is a gift to yourself mate, present and future - you're 21 don't roll the dice, it's loaded
I didn't even think about the middle part of your text but I now I see that's a very good possibility , I use to overestimate my capabilities often. I'm glad I asked question, now I'm even more confident it's a bad idea. Thank you again :)

Just found this thread. I don't think it would be wise. The times that I folded and got back on it was twice as hard to quit/abstain every time. You'll just go down a bad path. Good work with being sober :)

Thanks for personal experience and advice ♥️
Just found this thread. I don't think it would be wise. The times that I folded and got back on it was twice as hard to quit/abstain every time. You'll just go down a bad path. Good work with being sober :)

I fucked with heroin once a year. From 2014, to 2020. Then not at all, for 3 years. Then I finally got hooked on it when I was having a bad time with other stuff everything else falling to shit relationships wise.

IMO people make out that heroin is more addictive than it is. What makes heroin so addictive, is it's ability to numb yourself to other problems in life. I can imagine for someone who grew up in shitty circumstances for example, heroin would be very easy for them to get addicted to almost immediately. I also would say though for 9/10 of people. If both are coming good quality, then crack cocaine will get people addicted far quicker than heroin. I am not saying something bad HAS to happen to fall into heroin addiction, ofcourse many people just enjoy the euphoria. But I think to really hit rock bottom with IV'ing a round the clock type habit you will find most in those scenarios have had some form of trauma that brought them there.

It's the same with these county lines here in the UK, dealing type set ups. Where the drug dealers will move into the home of a vunerable drug user, and have them run about doing meets for them. Now in my experience 90%+ of the time, the runners are all heroin addicts. Because only a true heroin addict could be that desperate and not think of another way to fund their drugs. Crack heads steal shit and rip people off all the time. I know a guy who paid a bill for an oz of coke once in copper pipe he stole from an abandoned high school. That is like the most crackhead thing ever. Whereas once your involved in daily heroin use your whole body is so weakened, prospects are just desolate, desperation for that fix is high. 4 bags of brown a day they give the runner means no clucking. 4 bags of crack a day and the crackhead would still be spending 23.5hrs of the day looking for a fix.

Last edited: