Scared I'm choosing life

If you're not dealing with withdrawal symptoms absolutely do not start taking gabapentin or xanax or valium, there's no reason to and you would just be dipping in to another group of equally (if not more) addictive drugs for no reason.
I hear you! Thanks for the input, I didn't start any of those for this exact reason.

Hey RuffSamurai.
So sorry to hear what you had to go through, and I can only imagine they pain you are dealing with. Life is unfair on so many occasions, and sometimes we simply can't control what happens, and defenitly not what happens to others. I can feel that you are in a lot of pain, and let me tell you bro, when time is right, you will drag yourself out of the hole you are in right now. I know you will get better as time passes if you just do your best. God gives the hardest fights to the strongest people, and I'm daym sure you must be strong, to come post here in my thread, while you are miserable yourself. I'm going to pray for you tonight, you can be daym sure I will. I'm 3 days off, and your words does a difference for a guy like me, so I'll take em. Maybe you couldn't save your soul mate, but YOU are helping to save me.

Trust in yourself, you are worth a daym good life my brother. BLESS YOU.
You are too man. Jail, institutions and death my man. It really is that damn simple, I hate to admit it. Thanks for the kind words.

The anxiety gets better with time. It really does.

Good job for real. Just one day at a time , you really are in for a long run. Don't think about it. Just one day at a time.
I know the racing thoughts, it gets better , you'll be calm again , just need some time .

There's not a magic number of days I can tell you when you start to feel normal again. But I can tell you it's well worth the fight.

You fucking got this bro. You just keep that hope up, this is your D-Day. You reach out to anyone anytime. Wish all of you the best always

I have faith in you, my friend, but you really have to be hypervigilant about it, and work on the personal issues that drew you to drugs in the first place. I don't know any addict (including myself) who didn't have some kind of trauma in their lives. Even if you had the most perfect childhood, you could still have anxiety/depression/OCD, etc.

I tapered myself off a severe 12-year opioid addiction (like 300+mg of Oxy a day) back in late 2016. And I won't lie: I've had my share of slip-ups. These days it's more with alcohol and benzos, but right now I'm doing well.

Never, ever, EVER give up!

Peace, Love & Faith,
Dreamflyer

PS-Several years ago I flushed my vial of Adderall down the toilet after a 3-day binge and never looked back. It was one of the smartest things I've ever done.