• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

IM being more dangerous is a misconception.

telepathetic

Bluelighter
I have done all kinds of crazy unsafe IM practices - as bad as you can get, injecting liquid that spilled on the floor, full of all kinds of particulate, not sanitary - with no issue,

but the one time I do IV myself, I wind up almost dying and in the hospital for 3 days.

I have done all kinds of crazy unsafe IM practices - as bad as you can get, injecting liquid that spilled on the floor, full of all kinds of particulate, not sanitary - with no issue,
Maybe you are lucky 🍀
but the one time I do IV myself, I wind up almost dying and in the hospital for 3 days.
Maybe you are unlucky 🤷‍♂️

To sum up: at the least, you are still alive with all limbs intact 👍

🤔 So, has this put you off of any future IV injections?

lucky at least 15 times or 100 if you are as paranoid as you should be about it and unlucky the one and only, just saying

Maybe you are lucky 🍀

Maybe you are unlucky 🤷‍♂️

To sum up: at the least, you are still alive with all limbs intact 👍

🤔 So, has this put you off of any future IV injections?
yes, of street drugs absolutely, and recklessly, absolutely, no way in hell.

I have IV'd at least 10 times before but never knew how to do it myself, first time i did it alone this happened

I think with IV/IM there is a bigger perceived risk because of the mechanism of these methods. For a start, you bypass the metabolism of the liver. Secondly, the effects are almost immediate which means potential harms if you overdose are massively higher. You have no time to react and unless you are around medical professionals and/or experienced users who know how to provide care, you are very much on your own. Also you have less control. IV/IM removes the perceptions of control because you are essentially hijacking the body in order to shortcut all the usual stages the drug goes through. That's why it's a good method for execution because you are leaving the body vulnerable to a powerful combination of drugs that it has no chance of overcoming. The same is with drug use/abuse, hence why it's such a popular method because the way in which the drug is administers provides a much more powerful onset followed by a much more intense experience, of which you cannot regulate (and that is part of the experience for most people) because it hits you so fast, along with all the physiological side effects (wanted or not). That's why heroin is primarily injected. People want to essentially 'hack' the experience and they do that by overcoming the usual boundaries of 'normal' drug administration ie external use; oral, snorted, absorbed through skin etc.

I can see why it's considered more dangerous. You are opening your body and then sticking drugs into it violating the boundaries between internal and external. It's like surgery but for drugs. You open yourself up for a brief moment in order to have a drug experience. And when you are open on the surgery table, the risks are far greater than if you were closed up. And it's obvious why that is the case. We are not designed to be opened up. When we are opened up, it's usually a bad thing and we are gravely injured and/or sick, or even dying/dead. That's why people have a fear of needles, because the instinctive response is to protect the body from being penetrated because we know beyond our thin skinned barrier, we are exposed and this can be mean serious injury and/or death.

I IM steroids, you can't do it any other way, not without the effectiveness of the steroids being reduced somewhat because of how the body breaks down the gear. Having said that, oral steroids have been created to bypass the third pass of the liver which means the availability of oral steroids is pretty good. That being said, you cannot match the effectiveness of injectable steroids because of it's method of administration. I still don't enjoy injecting and I know the risks are far greater should I mess something up, because now the drug, and the side effects (if any), are IN the body and I have bypassed much of the body's ability to flush out the nasty sh*t. This goes for dodgy gear, which I have had and has done me in a few times. Your body can and will be compromised should infection occur, should the gear be fake or messed up, should a small variable be present. And the chances of getting into trouble and way higher because, again like mentioned above, I chose to inject and therefore the drug is in my body and will be absorbed, it will go round my body, it can affect organs, it can do damage. If you drink injectable steroids though (stupid, I know) it won't do sh*t. Likewise and if you take oral steroids, the chances are the side effects will be smaller and much more controllable. This is just based on my story though.

Well it does seem that the circulatory system seems to handle some pathogens and particulate matter better than the muscles.

For this reason frequent intramuscular and subcutaneous injection can be more dangerous, and is associated with some pretty nasty outcomes, very severe infections, wound botulism etc.

In any such event, all drugs injected must be filtered via micron filters.

Well it does seem that the circulatory system seems to handle some pathogens and particulate matter better than the muscles.

For this reason frequent intramuscular and subcutaneous injection can be more dangerous, and is associated with some pretty nasty outcomes, very severe infections, wound botulism etc.

In any such event, all drugs injected must be filtered via micron filters.
unless i am extremely luck over and over and over again with IM and my luck ran out around the time of this IV, i beg to disagree

Secondly, the effects are almost immediate which means potential harms if you overdose are massively higher.
That's not entirely true. IM DMT lasts for around an hour, indicating that it's released to the blood slowly

To the OP.

No, it's not a misconception.

IM injections of unsterile drugs can cause a build up of bacteria in your tissues where they can replicate and fester unhindered.

At least with IV (assuming you don't miss or go straight through the vein into underlying tissue) then any nasty bacteria is diluted by the bloodstream and dealt with by our natural defenses.

IV injection of street drugs if far safer than IM if your technique is spot on and you actually have any veins left...

To the OP.

No, it's not a misconception.

IM injections of unsterile drugs can cause a build up of bacteria in your tissues where they can replicate and fester unhindered.

At least with IV (assuming you don't miss or go straight through the vein into underlying tissue) then any nasty bacteria is diluted by the bloodstream and dealt with by our natural defenses.

IV injection of street drugs if far safer than IM if your technique is spot on and you actually have any veins left...
To be fair I did inject myself with megacilina (combo antibiotic) within hours the 4 or 5 most risky times.