IL, Murphysboro - 08.15-17.08 Camping Weekend - UnderGround Sound 4 *REVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ah, got it. hey guys, advice on where to camp?

also, i'm pretty sure i'll be sporting one of these...

nametagil8.jpg

Last edited:
^you stole my idea :|

lol I got offered like 3 rides today but I already bought a train ticket :!

yeah, that was definitely your idea, but we should all do that. :D btw get online!

yes the venue in black river falls was getting a little old. i look forward to a new spot to wander around in.

this place is pretty easy to find?

Ok so theres an 80% chance Im flying out from San Diego to StL with 3 other people then making a trek to the cave.

1 - Don't most people just sleep in tents around the area?
2 - Can I buy tickets AT the door? just in case I cant go I dont want to waste cash right now.

See you all there!

yes most people bring tents and camp out, there is tons of room to camp all around the place. If you want a good spot though thats covered by shade (you will need it), I suggest getting there early.

You can buy tickets at the door, they are 60 bux

delta, you've been there before so im asking you...is this place easy to find or is it well off the beaten path?

also whats the police presence like....does the music actually go all night or does it take one neighbor to complain and everythings off at 3am?

It is massive. Do not expect the music to stop at 3am.
If one stage had to go down, another would start playing music in its place. I don't think it would be possible to shut it all down without a very large force.

Prepare to have your stuff BRIEFLY searched at the gate, as we had to do last year. This is routine and it seems is mostly a nod to the police more than an attempt at entrapment.

Everyone who is/isn't psy oriented come check out the psy area!
This is where we will be getting our stomp on all weekend.
I'll be wearing the SKULL tie dye and doofing ecstatically about.
Come say hi if this is a trigger.

Main stage should be going till at least 5, and then I know the st louis stage is doing an idm session from 5 to 11.

so there will be music straight through.

Cecuk said:
I don't think it would be possible to shut it all down without a very large force.

You underestimate the intimidation powers of Caveman Bob. UGS1 received complaints from neighbors and he was going around to all of the stages yelling at the DJs to turn it down. A word of warning - If you see an old fat, bearded hippie on a golf cart, stay well away. He doesn't want to be your friend.

splitSol said:
delta, you've been there before so im asking you...is this place easy to find or is it well off the beaten path?

also whats the police presence like....does the music actually go all night or does it take one neighbor to complain and everythings off at 3am?
Actually getting there can be confusing if you're not fammiliar with the area, but you'll know when you're there and it's on Hwy 127 so as long as you're on Hwy 127 you'll find it for sure. This place makes itself known.

As far as cops and shit, dont worry about that. You might be searched at the gate but I wasn't last year and neither was anyone else in my ride. Although to be honest last year the guy who was driving got us all in for free by saying he was a dj with infrared :! and the rest of us were his 'sound guys' so that might've been why we didn't set searched.

are they going to charge full price for people coming in on saturday?

if they are then i'm not going.

Is the cave north or south of Murphysboro on Hwy 127? It's been a few years and I don't want to just go off my memory of making a left turn lol

if you have access to the internet, cant you look it up on a map? Google map shawnee cave and it'll show you the way.

(its south)

I was using Mapquest and searching for Shawnee Cave, but it wouldn't say exactly where it was at, it'd just show me Murphysboro. But I thought it was south....like I said, turn left lol

Status
Not open for further replies.