IL, Murphysboro - 08.15-17.08 Camping Weekend - UnderGround Sound 4 *REVIEW*

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImpossibleDreamer said:
Sorry. By Caveman, I meant Bob Goodale. Regardless of the different events being unrelated, the common factor is Bob, the cave, and the amount of drugs that comes through the area for the shows.

No worries...

It's not you or anybody else that I have to worry about. It's the creepy lawyers that like to waste their client's money and other peoples time without getting their facts straight. Thank you for the clarification anyways.

ImpossibleDreamer said:
Sorry. By Caveman, I meant Bob Goodale. Regardless of the different events being unrelated, the common factor is Bob, the cave, and the amount of drugs that comes through the area for the shows.

Any large music festival WILL have its share of drugs. Look at Bonnaroo, Ultra, DEMF, Lollapalooza...hell, even fucking Woodstock. You can take the music out of the drugs, but you can't take the drugs out of the music.

The real key to making this work is for the promoters to step up and become a little more conscious of what's going on inside. You can't stop everyone, nor should you for fear that the event will go deeper underground and it will become more and more illegal and unsafe.

Catalytic Souls has the right idea, I just don't think they were prepared for the numbers that showed up without presales. They had EMTs, they had First Aid stations, and I did see a fair amount of "STAFF" shirts walking around. These shows bring so many people to the area and it will only hurt everyone if they decide to ban the event.

It's all about safe, responsible fun. Look after your fellow ravers and keep track of the fucked up kids in your posse. The real tragedy is that when these ODing kids were found, none of their friends were anywhere to be seen. I know we definitely had some fucked up kid named Yoshi stumble into our campsite and we did everything we could to help him out. Hell, the kid even ralphed all over the campsite and we didn't care.

It's too bad that a few bad apples could really end up snowballing this event into something much more dangerous.

feelgoodhit said:
"the seizure guy" is my friend Red. he's currently still in a coma, but responding more and more to stimuli... we certainly hope he won't die, and it doesn't look like he will.

by the way, what was the caveman experience?

Glad to hear that's he's gonna be ok. I'll certainly keep him in my prayers.

The Caveman Experience is a federally protected trademark.

http://tarr.uspto.gov/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78581606&action=Request+Status

It's been used for various purposes.

This is how people are most familiar with it.

Hollow Point said:
Any large music festival WILL have its share of drugs. Look at Bonnaroo, Ultra, DEMF, Lollapalooza...hell, even fucking Woodstock. You can take the music out of the drugs, but you can't take the drugs out of the music.

The real key to making this work is for the promoters to step up and become a little more conscious of what's going on inside. You can't stop everyone, nor should you for fear that the event will go deeper underground and it will become more and more illegal and unsafe.

Catalytic Souls has the right idea, I just don't think they were prepared for the numbers that showed up without presales. They had EMTs, they had First Aid stations, and I did see a fair amount of "STAFF" shirts walking around. These shows bring so many people to the area and it will only hurt everyone if they decide to ban the event.

It's all about safe, responsible fun. Look after your fellow ravers and keep track of the fucked up kids in your posse. The real tragedy is that when these ODing kids were found, none of their friends were anywhere to be seen. I know we definitely had some fucked up kid named Yoshi stumble into our campsite and we did everything we could to help him out. Hell, the kid even ralphed all over the campsite and we didn't care.

It's too bad that a few bad apples could really end up snowballing this event into something much more dangerous.

Well said.

Hollow Point said:

I agree that you can't stop everyone and that some amount of drugs will inevitably get through, but the staff didn't even seem concerned with trying. The multiple paths through the woods that could be used to bybpass security aside, even the security staff at the main gate was useless. "I'm tired of looking through bags, just go in." That's an actual quote from when I went through the gate. And as far as the promotors being more conscious of what's going on inside, you couldn't walk 10' without being hassled by someone selling; you'd have to be deaf and dumb to not be conscious of what was happening in that place. It was the same way the last time I went to UGS in 2006 and I doubt it was any different last year. It seems to me as though the issue is less about being conscious of the things going on inside the venue as it is a complete apathy towards it by the promoters and staff.

Here's my whole thing, even though I wasnt there......Deal with drug use. Its your choice to do them or not. We've all been there before. I've seen most of you on here that is bitching about it, rolled out of ur mind at parties or fucked beyond belief on something inthe past. Its just you being more grown up and jaded that makes you better then them now. Yeah I agree that if you do it, to be alittle more on the "downlow" with it. But fuck it, let them get busted bc they are idiots.

WOW!! that was my first cave, and it was 10x the intensity i thought it would be. That was just plain raw. i'm sooo glad i brought my records. i went up to chris grant w/ the outlaw stage. asked him if he had any open slots. he said go get your records. did. ending up playing for 2 1/2 fucking hrs, ah!!!!!!!!!! also on the best sound system i've played on, ah!!!!! it was cool because there was a steady flow of peeps coming at all times. unbelievable!!! also a highlight: tripping on really good liquid, and dancing to jackal and hyde with a hot topless girl in front of me. yep i was happy:)

man big ups to everyone involved with this. ugs4 was def. on another level. I don't care where i am in the world next year. i'll fly in if i have too.

BOO Dang!!!!

thanks hollowpoint for the ride.

turtleproductions said:
a highlight: tripping on really good liquid, and dancing to jackal and hyde with a hot topless girl in front of me.

pics-stfu.gif

Hollow Point said:
I've got a link to a flickr album with said naked chick, but I'm apparantly too new to post images or URLs. :p

Get on that shit!

all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration... that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves

you can pm me the link and ill post it for you ;)

I feel a bit sorry for the naked chick, we saw her at the 2nd stage in the shack and she looked like she didnt have a clue what was going on she was so messed up. She was going to town on the pacifier in her mouth with her eyes in a blank stare to la-la land.

BB317 said:
all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration... that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves

That sounds like a bunch o f Hippie talk to me. ;)

sounds like jimmy journey talk more likely, ive never known any hippies to talk crazy like that.

BB317 said:
... and Here's Tom with the weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.