• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

If you were at a party and someone needed help, what would you do?

i don't know if i would reccomend slapping every wastoid i met but it sure worked this time so well done whirly.
More importantly though i think it is important to have done something when you stumble across someone in a situation that you construde could be a problem.

nice work;)

good job on that. I can't imagine what was wrong with him.. If he wasn't having a seizure than I think he must have been on a very high dose trip and was in the 'mushroom beyond' place where you have no understanding of reality. Its really sad that nobody would help him out and troubling that they didn't have a first aid station...

yeah, it's troubling when people ditch their friends. i was at a party and ended up talking to a very distraught 13-year-old girl curled up in a ball in a corner at a party. it was her first "rave" and her "friends." who were about two years older than her had given her a hit of ecstasy, two hits of acid and a couple caffeine pills and promised she'd feel great. now, at 13, a rave itself is enough stimulation as it is, and this girl had only ever smoked pot before.

so, anyways, yeah, she was having a rough time.. anxious, panicked and disoriented, people were scaring her, and she was worried she would die.. and of course her friends had taken off because she was "ruining their buzz.."

i assured her she'd be okay when the drugs wore off and bought her a bottle of water, and she said she felt a little better, but boy was i pissed at her friends.

so yeah, it's good to have people out there to check up on you. it gives partiers and drug users a bad name to not look after each other's welfare.

*applause*

Lifting someone from the depths of the abyss is worth the buzz kill. I couldn't forget about a lost soul in the corner wandering the infinate darkness of a bad trip.

I dont think i would really know what to do. But hell i wouldnt just leave someone in a state like that!

I read this in your journal and I thought it was really sweet the way you stopped to help. I probably would have done the same, if it looked like the guy was not just on something but in distress (which, from your description of him, it seemed like he was). I'm glad that you were there for him and that he was okay. What goes around comes around, and that good deed will come back to you. :)

Originally posted by blahblahblah
^ its most likely the state HE wanted to be in...

ya know

unresponsive is generally never a good sign.

in that state i'd much rather somebody kill my buzz and ensure i'm ok than ignore me - i mean leave me be - and i die. seriously.

alasdair

I was at a concert once and spent the tail end of it helping some people out with one of their friends. I ended up giving him some of my Valium to help him calm down (he had eaten a ton of acid and was having issues related to his mother's recent death).

His friends thanked me over and over again, which I found kind of weird in a way. To me it seemed pretty obvious to help out someone who was so obviously in distress (whether or not he was an idiot for getting that way). He certainly needed some Valium more than I did that night.

Clearly, there are pleanty of people who will just try to get away from the "buzz kill". Thankfully it's not everyone, especially in cases where it might be a life-or-death situation.

Good for you - and a good reminder to everyone not to assume that someone else is taking care of a person who's having problems.

blahblahblah said:
Ever think of letting him be rather than, slapping some poor kid in the face that was on mushrooms... 8(

You should have put his drivers liscence back in his pocket, its pretty easy to tell if some one needs medical attention or is just fuct-up.

oh well

As Kel said, I didn't know he was on mushrooms when I was trying to *help* him. I'm not the one that took out his walet. They did it, so anyone who walked by him, could see what his name was and possibly know him. He was all covered in blankets, so you couldn't see him.

You weren't there. You didn't see him. He couldn't talk or open his eyes or look at you or here you. He was totally unreponsive. I thought he was dying. Sometimes it's better to overreact then not act at all. I could see you being one of the drunk guys that was surrounding him and not doing shit. He didn't want to be like that. He was scared and in another world.

The party wasn't private. It was an outdoor rave. I read in the review thread for the party that there was a trained medic/nurse or something there, but that person was no where to be found while this was going on, which I think it pretty shitty.

^^^ sorry, my mistake.. cultural thing.. where I live in aus we call a rave a rave, not a party :)

I dont know about you but I prefer to be unresponsive...

Most of my life, and if one of you slaped me HA I'd laugh and than feed you mushrooms till your stomach filled up.

get real, this isnt what jesus whould do this is party'n takin drugs relax....

get real

you first.

alasdair

I dont know about you but I prefer to be unresponsive...

this isnt what jesus whould do this is party'n takin drugs relax....

So you like to get uber fucked up and only care for yourself? Fuck fictional characters I think there is something to be said about helping people who are having a bad trip

i only hope that when blahblahblah is catatonic and on the verge of an accidental death from some drug, the samaritan who passes ignores his advice...

unless you have a death wish?

alasdair

it sounds like he could also have been drunk as hell as well as trippin, which could have led to the memory loss , shaking, and throwing up

and I HOPE blah is just trying to show you how most people think, as to why they dont try to help someone

I hope he isnt serious.

and dj, you're a great person for looking out for the kid

did you get his name and number or anything to contact him later on in life.

I'm going to ignore blahblahblah, like all of you should.

All I know is the guy's first name. I really have no desire to contact him further. I just hope this never happens to him again. :)

Post removed (Copied to WOB)

Message Removed!

This post is nor beneficial or constructive to the thread or forum. It’s in near breach of SO Posting Guidelines. Please stay on topic and only contribute advice, opinion or valuable information to the thread. Flaming and name-calling will not be accepted. Flaming and ass-raping is not tolerated.

Please - Everyone, Stay on Topic!

If you dislike someone and cannot hold back flaming them, please use the ignore feature.

Edited by shal

Last edited by a moderator: