• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

If you use cocaine, you’re helping kill thousands of innocent people. Oh, and you’re

poledriver

Bluelighter
If you use cocaine, you’re helping kill thousands of innocent people. Oh, and you’re destroying your health. Enjoy

WARNING: CONFRONTING CONTENT

THEY never found her body. But her killers would reveal how they had kidnapped her, tortured her, repeatedly raped her, decapitated her, then played soccer with her head.
Middle class Westerners, some of them quite possibly Australian professional footballers, enjoyed the cocaine trafficked by these animals.

For the record, the victim’s name was Yahaira Guadalupe Bahena Lopezs. She was 19 and she was innocent. Her killers, when captured, admitted they had mistaken her for someone else.
So it goes in Mexico, where more than 10 thousand people are killed each year in the drug war. Authorities say 90 per cent of victims are directly involved in the drug trade. The reality is that most victims are innocents caught in the crossfire. And all so Aussies can enjoy a high on a night out.

“If we’re a society that worries about eating free range chicken, drinking fair trade coffee and buying shoes and jeans that were not put together by sweatshop labour, well, we’d better worry about the real cost of cocaine, too.”
So wrote Melbourne economist Mike Pottenger two years ago. Those words are truer than ever today, with cocaine use still on the rise in Australia. Two per cent of Aussies now use cocaine regularly. By that and several other measures, we are now one of the world’s top five cocaine users per capita. All of our cocaine comes via those evil Mexican cartels. All of it.

Most of the world’s cocaine is produced in Peru, Colombia and Bolivia. It is then shipped through Mexico and onwards to the western world. Mexican cartels love two things about the Australian market. Firstly, our coastline is so vast the chances of interception are small, whether the drug is transported by small boats or shipping containers.
And secondly, as this graph shows, wholesale prices are insanely high.

034278-d3a54a6c-bbba-11e4-a901-79cc3d20af7b.jpg

According to the United Nations World Drug Report 2014, the Oceania market is among the world’s fastest-growing markets. Our market is so lucrative that Sinaloa Cartel kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo”Guzman Loera, a man the US State Department called “the most powerful drug trafficker in the world”, helped set up a cocaine importation business in Sydney five years ago.

But why do Australians love the drug so much? Matt Noffs, CEO of drug rehab and counselling organisation The Noffs Foundation, says it’s all about image.
“I think a lot of it is about social marketing,” Noffs tells news.com.au. “People see these sports stars using cocaine and they think ‘hey, if they can get away with it, I should be able to get away scot free too’.”

Noffs says cocaine is now the drug of choice among the middle and upper classes in Australia for several reasons. One is the decline of heroin, which occurred because of the “heroin drought” caused by the 2000s war in Afghanistan. Where opium poppies are grown. Also, heroin has had what Noffs calls very effective “social marketing”. Put simply, we all know what a junkie looks like. And that’s not an image anyone aspires to.

But the image of the cool footballer, the fast-paced Wall Street trader, the creative ad executive, all of them snorting a line or two of cocaine to get them through the day and later, through the night — is socially acceptable.
“A coke addict will look like our friends and family members,” Noffs says. “So many people use it regularly, it’s a very normal thing.”

Cont -

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...our-health-enjoy/story-fnq2o7dd-1227237031272

"If you pay taxes..."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Could you please find a way - ANY WAY - to express this quote in the form of a softball sized spiky object so I can ram it the fuck down these ignorant cunts' throats?

I was trying to find a way to more or less say exactly what you just did earlier today when I came across this story.

Holy shit the ignorance is obscene.

I highly doubt anyone who's stupid/narcissistic enough to pay the price coke demands in Australia would give a fuck about where it comes from. If you want to discourage them from using it by giving it a shitty public image, mock them for spending $400 so they can snort a mashup of laxatives, caffeine and RC stims (with maybe 10 - 20% actual cocaine content) for a few hours.

100+ comments after the article.

Feel free to go there and add your view anyone.

I highly doubt anyone who's stupid/narcissistic enough to pay the price coke demands in Australia would give a fuck about where it comes from. If you want to discourage them from using it by giving it a shitty public image, mock them for spending $400 so they can snort a mashup of laxatives, caffeine and RC stims (with maybe 10 - 20% actual cocaine content) for a few hours.

People have to pay for their coke?

I stopped doing coke a long long time ago because I knew it came from unsavory folk and I would always get worried and paranoid that there was blood on the supply. For real lol

I do think it's funny that people here in NYC get their panties in a bunch over the fair treatment of workers in South America, so they buy Fair Trade Organic Coffee... but many of the same people will happily snort lines and lines of cocaine without questioning where it came from, how it was sourced, or who made it. I had a laugh when they mentioned something similar in the article.

Two can play this game - my turn:

If you wear jewellery, there may be conflict platinum, gold, and silver, as well as diamonds and/or other gems in there, where a lot of innocent lives were lost due to greed.

If you wear clothes (it's recommended), usually they're made in dirt cheap sweatshops in China - a communist nation which treats its citizens like shit, particularly when it comes to their basic human rights and/or quality of life.

If you happen to smoke tobacco, you should know that in America alone, more people die from second hand smoking-related diseases every year (~30,000) than do those of us who pass away from all (clandestinely grown/synthesized/prepared) 'street drug' overdoses combined (~29,000).

If you buy/own anything made from ivory, you should know that an innocent animal (usually an elephant or a rhinoceros) was savagely killed in order to obtain it (almost always illegally).

If you are (or have been) prescribed medications, it should be noted that a large portion of them (especially the generic versions) are made in nations with poor records of respecting their citizens' rights such as India and China.

If you own an automobile, the gas you use to get you from point A to B might originate from countries such as Saudi Arabia, where women are treated as property rather than as equal human beings, and criminals are routinely beheaded in public for petty crimes against Islam. And meanwhile, the leaders of 1st world nations such as America (Obama, I'm thinking of you) continue to grovel at the feet of the Saudi royal family when visiting as if they rule over them, and also while across the border ISIS/ISIL also beheads their enemies in the name of Islam, which is then of course condemned. Double standards much?

Hey, here's some food for thought: If you're a human being, chances are you have a not-so-healthy habit which you repeatedly use as a means to release all that pent up stress, frustration, and rage accumulated from a tough job, or a difficult post-secondary education, or perhaps a very chaotic home, and for some people, untreated chronic pain and suffering. And as long as you're not physically harming someone else by making use of this habit as an outlet for your yearning to temporarily feel free from whatever is causing you to resort to it in the first place, then NO ONE should have a right to dictate to you what plants, powders, pills, etc. you can or cannot consume.

And I couldn't care less what clueless politicians, bureaucrats, and biased journalists (e.g. Peter Hitchens) have to say about it. These corporate cocksucking puppets are some of the biggest liars and deceivers in the history of the entire fucking human race - responsible for some of the worst atrocities ever committed against another minority group of people. And so frankly they should look in the mirror before foolishly assuming the stereotypical self-righteous routine which is on display in this article, because I sure as hell ain't buying it, and neither should anyone else.

Just watching Locked Up Abroad (banged up abroad in UK)
shows how crazy cartel guys can be. coke cartels don't fuck around.
then again, they ARE dealing with a lot of money and an expensive drug that pretty much sells itself.

Exactly this.

Yikes @ that price!

I think I now understand why Amphetamines (especially clandestinely synthesized Methamphetamine) is so popular with those of us presently residing in Australia who prefer stimulants.

Not that I'm suggesting it's a far less risky alternative to Blow (all rights reserved), but the high lasts a lot longer, the purity on average must be a lot higher than Aussie Cocaine, and the price is right Bob Barker!

"Got any gum?"

"Got any water?"

"Got any smokes?"

It's funny... The only thing law enforcement and drug cartels can agree on is that drugs should be illegal.

Two can play this game

And if you own a mobile phone or laptop or other small pieces of electronics, you should know that the brutal decades long war in the Congo is partially your fault, as a key driving force behind the bloodshed is the struggle over rare earth minerals such as coltan, commonly used in the production of mobile phones.

Etc. Many things in this world are built upon corpses.

Cocaine is a dumb drug though. The coca leaf is actually an amazing plant, and pure or close to pure coke would probably be pretty good, but modern coke is overpriced trash.

Why do these articles come out every few months?? Do they really think addicts are gonna be like "oh let me quit then", or well not even addicts just people. Very good post ro4eva...

Yikes @ that price!

I think I now understand why Amphetamines (especially clandestinely synthesized Methamphetamine) is so popular with those of us presently residing in Australia who prefer stimulants.

Not that I'm suggesting it's a far less risky alternative to Blow (all rights reserved), but the high lasts a lot longer, the purity on average must be a lot higher than Aussie Cocaine, and the price is right Bob Barker!

"Got any gum?"

"Got any water?"

"Got any smokes?"

More or less, yeah. Coke is too expensive to be a viable option as a regular stimulant for most people, so meth use has a wider socio-economic spread than it does in the US, it fills the role of functional stimulant, party drug and full blown addict drug, whereas coke is mostly a niche drug for either the occasional novelty use or projecting an image. Sydney and Melbourne are the only cities with a real cocaine market, and even there you're far more likely to bump into people smoking meth in the carpark than snorting coke in the bathroom (depending on the venue in question, of course).

Apparently coke used to be more common and at least somewhat more affordable, back in the 80's and early 90's before crystal meth became the predominant form of street amphetamine and before MDMA emerged as the major party drug, but I wasn't around then so I can't really say :p