View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Ideal setting for a huge DMT trip

SoonAJunkie

Bluelighter
Hey all.I got my hands on half gram of DMT. It's been a while since my last time.All my previous dmt experiences were kinda simple.I just smoked the dmt.But I decided that I should make a better preparation this time. I decided to eat only fruits and vegetables the day I'm gonna trip. I also decided to not touch anything electronic (cell phone, tv,pc).Additionally, I'm gonna IV it.Large dosage but not huge because I want to have recollection of the trip.So, when it's time to smoke it,I will meditate in deep trance. I'll place my amethyst obelisk (mini)in front of me,light my incense and chill.It should be dusk time,cause that's my favor time of day.So when the time comes,I'll inject about 60MG of it and just enjoy.Do you think this is a good setting? What's your ideal setting? I'll do it at home

Check out Strassman's studies with IV DMT injection. It is reported that the effects get pretty intense rather fast (depending on dose of course). The high dose in his study was .4mg/kg. Thus for a 160 pound man a dose of about 29 mg was used. This created almost overwhelming effects with complete disconnection with the ongoing reality with the entrance into the "alien" landscapes of the mind (or whatever one believes). Half this amount .2mg/kg would still produce very intense significant effects.
Again one would not want to inject oneself as the rapid effects may imped the ability to withdraw the needle causing damage. Thus have a friend who knows what they are doing such as a doctor or vet. One who knows what they are doing could "Probably" handle IVing the lower doses themselves.

And here's an archived thread with some good information: http://web.archive.org/web/20081007...ce/19925-dmt-hcl-i-v-expirements-uh-whoa.html

60mg seems like a huge dose to jump into with IV, with Straussman stating a high dose being 0.4mg/k (so 100kg or 15.5 stone (217lb's) person would require 40mg) - Half this amount .2mg/kg would still produce very intense significant effects.

Is your DMT freebase (normally for vaping), if so you'd need to convert it to a soluble salt.

Hopefully someone more experience might chime in, but I'd like to throw in the question of IM vs IV for DMT in regards to Speed of come up, dose and duration

I think DMT is one of the few drugs were set and setting make Zero difference. IMO that is. On the beach, in the woods, back of a bus; it doesn't really matter where you are when you break through...having a safe and stress free area able you to relax to break through, but your not smoking it so it's not like your not going to be able to push it like you'd start to have difficulty smoking. Look at the documentary "DMT: The Spirit Molecule" where they inject individuals in a hospital setting and all of these individuals came back with extravagant, amazing trips from in a hospital bed. Also, I'm not as familiar with IV dosing DMT dosage. 60 might be a little high? Also makes me nervous injecting substance that is not been through proper lab prep and washing.

I suppose those guys were given 100% pure dmt.I m not getting pure dmt...And yes it's freebase, I'll just mix it with some lemon juice to help dissolve

My ideal setting is on my bed, coming out of hyperspace to be laying in a comfortable bed is really nice

Persomally, I'd be leary of doing the "crack cocaine lemon juice trick", but if it works go for it.
IM is my personal favorite, but I do IV on a regular basis too...IM followed immediately by IV is really intense and you stay high a while.
I've done 60mg IV of the fumarate, but that's as much as I've IV'd at one shot...also, 60 mg fumarate is like about 45 of the base. So, your 60mg base is the equivalent of around 80mg of the fumarate. PRETTY BIG SHOT.
The come-up on IV is not as fast as smoking for me though...that's why I like it...gives me around 30-45 seconds to fasten my safety belt.

HAVE FUN and keep us posted.

OH, if this works out for you, you might consider IM, however, it takes a couple hundred mg to get there, but you STAY there for an hour or so.

Last edited:
Don't use lemon juice. If you insist on IV'ing use citric or ascorbic acid which can be obtained from drug outreach centers an Healthfood shops. Lemon juice contains harmful bacteria. In the name of HR I strongly advise not to go ahead with this. You cannot be sure what is keft there from the extraction and cause potentially life threatening allergic reaction.

Judging from what I've seen you post and your screenname I assume you will not heed my advice as you seem to have some kind of self-destructive streak. Maybe it's time you reevaluated your relationship with drugs. I don't mean to judge, I'm just a little concerned as you remind me of myself about 10 years ago. I was very lucky not to get killed or do permanent damage to my body. I'm still repairing relationships which I almost destroyed.

Being a junkie is nothing to aspire to...

Last edited:
Yes, don't inject a lemon juice solution, bacteria etc. Do you know the purity of your DMT? Why don't you play it safe and smoke it instead? You'll still get a breakthrough.

OH, if this works out for you, you might consider IM, however, it takes a couple hundred mg to get there, but you STAY there for an hour or so.

IM would my preferred preference, do you know the dose/kg and also the which form used? It seems inefficient, but the duration could be beneficial. DMT has always left me feeling just on the cusp of something, before tearing me away.

My only comparative would be ketamine IM/IV. IM is nice, gently coming on in around 5 minutes before being pulled into it. IV is like being shot out of a cannon, I can feel it coming by the time I'm half way though my shot, but I still have around 90 seconds after administration to settle down. Never holed with a needle left dangling from me.

My worry with IV DMT (it was the same with ketamine before I took the plunge though), was with the reports I read of it coming on far too quick to remove the needle. This turned out not to be the case for, so So based on that I would be willing to take the risk with DMT.

DMT fumarate dosage would differ from HCL, Citrate, Acetate dosages, and with a chemical thats pretty dose responsive, several mg's error could cause complications.

With ketamine IV, I would aim to get the dose dissolved into .5cc for faster administration (for IM I would use 1cc). With DMT, I would aim for .5cc again, using an LDS syringe if available.

Using lemon juice may cause further complications in Calculating dose (I don't know what impurities and potential contaminates are in the lemon juice). You can get Pharma grad citric acid from most needle exchange programs, and they're available online relatively cheaply.

Apply the acid slowly, until a solution is formed, Don't just dump the whole lot in. Dilute with saline (avoid solutions with preservatives, buffers etc. if possible)

I'd just like to point out that I have no experience with DMT via this ROA, and it's probably wise to take my comparison to Ketamine with a pinch of salt.

I would highly recommend the use of a micron filter though, if you can obtain them.

Bottom line. Calculate your dose. Halve it for your first trip. Prior to this, do a tester dose (<5mg) to check for problems, adverse reactions etc. Do as much research as you can, until you're comfortable you know EXACTLY how to approach it.

Then post the methodology you plan in detail, for people to advise on possible pitfalls, errors etc.

Last edited:
Do NOT inject extracted DMT without micron filtering...serious potential for anaphylactic shock

Do NOT inject using lemon juice...nasty bacteria...endocarditis anyone?

Do NOT inject not pure DMT

Do NOT inject 60mg FB for your *first time*.
Seriously, do some research.

Setting doesn't matter much with DMT..somewhere safe.

Spend less time on silly crystals and "no electronics" (?) and more time on stuff that actually matters....researching what you are proposing to do. This is a harm reduction board...you seem hell bent on self destruction based on some of your other posts. Stay away from injecting heroin man...anyone who has done it will tell you that. Stay away from injecting huge doses of crude botanical extracts loaded with potential allergens, toxins, and bacteria. This is your life. It can be thrown away all too easy....soonajunkie seems like a goal to you, and it's a horrible direction to be headed. Maybe psychedelics *taken wisely* can teach you this, as you don't seem too keen on listening to others advice here.

Sorry to preach, but it just bums be out watching young people make the same mistakes over and over again on here the last 15 years, the same shit I did, and ending up in miserable places or dead...

Last edited:
Don't use lemon juice. If you insit on IV'ing use citric or ascorbic acid which can be obtained from drug outreach centers an Healthfood shops. Lemon juice contains harmful bacteria...

Citric acid IS in lemon juice, As for bacteria ,mix in some ethanol...Everclear or whatnot., it's a little hard on your veins so don't use it on a regular basis.
Also, be sure to break your DMT down and suck it into your syringe BEFORE you add ethanol...DMT base is soluble in alcohol....I think.

Even though I am not an alarmist, I'd have to agree, in this instance, with the dissenters...sounds risky.
Get some mimosa, do an extraction, make a salt, THEN shoot it...smoke what you have now.

Lastly, having had been a junkie for 15+ years, abrad is right...it's nothing to aspire to...you'll become a slave to that shit...I GUARANTEE it.

Citric acid IS in lemon juice, As for bacteria ,mix in some ethanol...Everclear or whatnot., it's a little hard on your veins so don't use it on a regular basis.

Nope, lemon juice contains citric acid along with nasty bacteria. The sachets that needle exchange programs are sterile and in crystalline form.

Allow me to reiterate. Do Not IV extracted DMT

Nope, lemon juice contains citric acid along with nasty bacteria. The sachets that needle exchange programs are sterile and in crystalline form.

Allow me to reiterate. Do Not IV extracted DMT

allow me to comment on your reiteration...BULLSHIT!
Where do you think most "street DMT" comes from? The lab?...not EVEN!
extracted DMT can be perfectly fine to fire-up.
Granted, I wouldn't shoot any I hadn't extracted myself...I've been shooting mine for quite some time with NO ILL EFECTS!

Good extraction and recrx procedures will yield a very pure product...just gotta know what you're doing.

allow me to comment on your reiteration...BULLSHIT!
Where do you think most "street DMT" comes from? The lab?...not EVEN!
extracted DMT can be perfectly fine to fire-up.
Granted, I wouldn't shoot any I hadn't extracted myself...I've been shooting mine for quite some time with NO ILL EFECTS!

Good extraction and recrx procedures will yield a very pure product...just gotta know what you're doing.
You had no ill effects so you conclude it is safe... Well that's great and all that you've done your research and are comfortable that you can safely IV , but saying extracted DMT is safe to inject is incorrect and dangerous advice. The only DMT I'd consider IV'ing is high quality synthetic DMT

Last edited:
I didn't say I'd shoot any old extracted DMT...I said I'd inject MY extracted DMT.
In a perfect world you could buy "high quality synthetic DMT"...IN A PERFECT WORLD. Open your eyes brother, it ain't perfect. These are illicit drugs made wherever by whomever...there's ALWAYS going to be risk.

However, I stand by my original statement "extracted DMT CAN be safe"

All this talk about endocarditis and anaphylactic shock you like to throw around...is this backed up by personal experience shooting dope? or are you just talking shit?
I have been shooting different subs off and on for 20 + years, have been around hundreds of people doing the same thing and have NEVER known ANYONE who contracted endocarditis OR any who has gone into anaphylactic shock....EVVVVER.

Plant extracts can contain serious allergens, thus the need for a micron filter! The risk of anaphylactic shock is real. Read up. Remember, this is Harm Reduction board!

@PN:
That is a very weak argument, this is a HR forum and the hypothetical fact that junkies in rio de janeiro inject 2 component epoxy glue does not make it anything worth encouraging. Even if you know ones that live.
Get the metaphor?

I've been around this forum, phuckingnutz, and I am not bad at logic. IMing anything less than sterile can get you an abscess even if people get away with it, just like injecting alkaloids yielded from amazonian roots, the sum of which we usually consider DMT because when vaping it doesn't really matter that much, injecting that is also hazardous.
I admit that at some point during my use I cut my sterile procedure with IMing some slack and while nothing happened I know damn well that is not okay. It doesn't matter that I actually believe the chance that my body can handle mistakes is fair, the repercussions when someone fucks up are unacceptable and thus we do not accept talking like therefore we should not care.

We should not make a habit out of considering anything that looks fine to a person actually safe.

The fact is that with synthetic DMT you can back-track the impurities and they are not random-ass compounds (like allergens ^ thank you!) from a root raging through your body. With extracted DMT who the fuck knows, and who can really say if some dude can judge whether the product is even any good as far as extracts go?
Next thing you know it is just compared to black tar heroin, and god help us.

Really, we don't have ample tolerance for the 'meh just go for it, looks good enough and there is not enough evidence to the contrary from studies' attitude... maybe on other parts of BL it's okay but here the focus is to actually advise users.

Last edited:
So now you use a weak strawman argument to accuse me of "talking shit". I've been around the scene a long time and have seen all sorts. I have actually seen someone go into anapylactic ahock from a nut allergy. Luckily everyone was sober at the time. She was lucky to survive and if she had already tripping s it would have made the paramedics job very difficult.

And please no more ad. hominem attacks. They're the last resort of a person with a weak argument.

Last edited:
Imagine you botched the extraction and left some lye or solvent in your DMT and pushed that? Hell nah man, stop being a fool.