• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Ice -- Methamphetamine NOT 4MAR

No offense man, but is this really supposed to be a measured spectrum?! Looks very much like a ChemDraw-Prediction to me (the increment-calculations at the bottom tell enough).

If you have real spectra, would you mind to post 'em here? Thanks a lot!

Murphy

Crankinit said:
Nah, split it in half, put it into a bottle of water and shake well before drinking. Works like a charm.

Usually just fill the baggy up with water and giver her a shake and swallow it down haha.

Back in the clubbing scene (a couple of years ago for me) I used to get great Ice (meth). Would burn for ages, give great highes, keep me up for days. These days everyone I talk to can't get on, and when they do it's absolute shiz. Gone are the good old days!

MurphyClox said:
No offense man, but is this really supposed to be a measured spectrum?! Looks very much like a ChemDraw-Prediction to me (the increment-calculations at the bottom tell enough).

If you have real spectra, would you mind to post 'em here? Thanks a lot!

Murphy

No, its not supposed to be a measured spectrum cos to most people that means fucking nothing. I'll get the scans done this week and put em up

i still dont understand the difference between Ice -- Methamphetamine -4MAR can you show what the difference is in pictures my idea of ice is shards yes? and 4mar i have no idea

Ice is referring to relatively pure methamphetamine.

4-MAR is 4-methylaminorex, check it out on Erowid, it's a stimulant that I find quite interesting.

baby boy said:
i still dont understand the difference between Ice -- Methamphetamine -4MAR can you show what the difference is in pictures my idea of ice is shards yes? and 4mar i have no idea

4-MAR (4-methylaminorex)
220px-4-methylaminorex-2D-skeletal.png

Methamphetamine
200px-Methamphetamine-2D-skeletal-.svg.png

Check out Wikipedia articles for more details. But basically 4MAR was synthesised as a designer drug in the mid 80s as a means of circumventing the CSA (analog) laws in the USA, since 4MAR is an analog of a Schedule IV drug (pemoline, Cylert(R)) it was legal to possess/sell/use, until the DEA placed it in Schedule I with an emergency classification. 4MAR is harder to make, since precursors are harder to obtain (in Australia, but in the USA since the early 2000s too).

PS. actual scan(s) should be good to go by start of next week to those who wanted to see them

EDIT: I just realised you probably mean pictures of the actual product, not the molecules. They both look like shards, which is where the misconception that ice is 4mar arises

Hard to tell which one I prefer really.

4-mar is safer with addiction I am assuming?

However smoked crystal meth doesn't tend to give me a very stimulated feel, where as 4-mar does.

djsim said:
PS. actual scan(s) should be good to go by start of next week to those who wanted to see them

I'd be interested in that. :D

Jakeperson said:
Hard to tell which one I prefer really.

4-mar is safer with addiction I am assuming?

However smoked crystal meth doesn't tend to give me a very stimulated feel, where as 4-mar does.

I haven't used 4-MAR, hope to get the chance someday. From what I've heard it's similar to meth when smoked but not a big rush and obviously not as powerful. Obviously there would still be some addiction potential, I've read a couple of reports where people stated re-dosing didn't work out so well for them though.

Mr Blonde said:
I haven't used 4-MAR, hope to get the chance someday. From what I've heard it's similar to meth when smoked but not a big rush and obviously not as powerful.

While I don't have any personal experience to go on, are you sure 4-MAR isn't as powerful as meth? Maybe I'm interpreting wrong but from what I've read on Erowid, the dosage for 4-MAR is quite an amount smaller than for meth, with a strong strong dose of the former being considered 25mg compared with 50mg+ for the latter. That said, I'm interpreting the word powerful as a dosage, rather than the feelings of the substance itself compared to meth.

For those interested in a picture, here is a comparison of the two (pictures couresty of erowid)

meth_summary1.jpg

4_methylaminorex_summary1.jpg

The first is meth, the second is 4-mar. It's probably not really the best representation though. I've used meth many times and maybe once have I seen anything that looks remotely similar to that in the first picture. I've also used product that appeared very similar to the 4-mar, but it was sold as meth, and I didn't test it, so that shall forever remain a mystery.

By powerful, I meant effects felt. Usually when I refer to dosage comparison, I'll use the words potency or strength (potency being the preferred word).

Going by potency, like you pointed out Erowid states that a strong dose of meth smoked is 30-60mg (of pure product), with a strong smoked dose of 4-MAR being 20mg and above. So yes, looks like this compound is somewhat more potent.

they look the same nearly i dont think that the everyday person would know the difference i wouldn,t is there a tester that can test for both?
1 thing i heard about lately was something called a cold cook its meant to be like speed but not speed this is the first i have heard of anything like this has anyone heard of this its meant to be like a short cutted method of speed i dont tink it is meant to be as goood as the dealer i spoke to was complaining of being ripped off!

^ No synth discussion, but I haven't heard of a 'cold cook', unless it's just some slang used to refer to one of the various methods used to produce methamphetamine.

'Cold cook' possibly refers to birch reduction where yield is increased with lower temps. Dry ice may be employed to acheive such temperatures. Depending upon the skill of the chemist, meth made via this method can be very pure, however, the techniques require good lab skills as anhydrous NH3 is extremely toxic, and explosions are frequently reported.

yes i have heard of the birch using anhydrous ammonia in an ice bath very toxic shit either way my friends so called cold cook batch was shit a throw away

phase_dancer said:
'Cold cook' possibly refers to birch reduction where yield is increased with lower temps. Dry ice may be employed to acheive such temperatures. Depending upon the skill of the chemist, meth made via this method can be very pure, however, the techniques require good lab skills as anhydrous NH3 is extremely toxic, and explosions are frequently reported.

the cold cook is an urban myth which has been passed down since the 70s. I had a friend who did Federal time in the states and he heard about this myth too (along with the real ways to cook meth, as some of you know jail is criminal college).
But yeh, the cold cook has a grain of truth. The ingredients are all put in a barrel (like a beer barrel), the barrel is sealed, then it is rolled down a hill (out in the wilderness) into a river or stream. Then when they come back a couple days later, if the thing hasnt exploded, they get the meth out of the barrel.
It's bullshit, and always crops up every few years, and someone says they have a new easier method to cook meth. It doesnt get any easier than the birch reduction.

Mr Blonde said:
I haven't used 4-MAR, hope to get the chance someday. From what I've heard it's similar to meth when smoked but not a big rush and obviously not as powerful. Obviously there would still be some addiction potential, I've read a couple of reports where people stated re-dosing didn't work out so well for them though.

I actually don't get a huge rush from smoked meth so 4-mar tends to be more enjoyable to smoked meth for me.
Would much rather eat/snort crystal over smoking it.

Yeah re-dosing works but the effects change and are never as good. Tend to feel un-well and a bit tingly after re-dosing all the time.
But I have only had expierience with smoked 4-mar.

thanx for the info on cold cook i thought it was a romour and yeh the birch is the easiest

But yeh, the cold cook has a grain of truth. The ingredients are all put in a barrel (like a beer barrel), the barrel is sealed, then it is rolled down a hill (out in the wilderness) into a river or stream. Then when they come back a couple days later, if the thing hasnt exploded, they get the meth out of the barrel.
It's bullshit, and always crops up every few years, and someone says they have a new easier method to cook meth. It doesnt get any easier than the birch reduction.

Wasn't that the technique reputedly used by the Hell's Angels way back in the sixties? iirc, P2P, methylamine and a reducing agent were the ingredients. I believe this story is even mentioned in a few forensic papers of that time, and was the drive behind the initial scheduling of P2P and MA. Of course it could be all BS, but in theory it should work.