• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids I want to try hydromorphone, advice?

This may be a stupid question but, should I be prepared to puke? Just want to make sure Im ready just in case ...

This may be a stupid question but, should I be prepared to puke? Just want to make sure Im ready just in case ...
You should always be prepared to puke if you're opiate intolerant and you're consuming big daddy opiates.

Whatever you do, don't get hooked. I've been on a Dilaudid prescription for eight solid years and escalated on my wife's supply, and last week I got the great idea to quit cold turkey. I thought it would be a breeze—I was "only" taking around 48mg a day.

The hell started the first night (Thursday) but the real horror was last Friday. No sleep, no food, couldn't get off the bed—wracked by continuous yawning (5-10 a minute) and nasal passages clogged to unbreathability. Whole-body involuntary stretching, a couple of times a MINUTE. I know it doesn't sound that bad, but try it for 12 hours STRAIGHT. And then the sneezing began.

Fast forward to Sunday . . . no sleep despite large amounts of zopiclone, still yawning/stretching/sneezing . . . and then suddenly I thought There MUST be some pills in this house somewhere and somehow the gods were smiling because I found a stash I had prepared months before and forgotten about.

Right now I'm waiting on a new prescription but I've had it with this shit. I'm going to taper until I'm taking one a DAY for at least two weeks before I try quitting again.

I have to admit quitting alcohol cold turkey many times was much worse, but this was unbelievably brutal. I would not be pushing this stuff into your vein if you have never done it before.

I'm gonna be that guy but, it needs to be said and it seems like you haven't done it yet, but I wouldn't really recommend IVing it if you've never injected before. Like said previously, it could easily become an addiction and it's a painful and potentially lethal addiction at that. Just plug it if you want to do anything with it, otherwise I'd just sell it to a proper dope fiend I'm sure they'd pay a pretty penny for it.

I'm gonna be that guy but, it needs to be said and it seems like you haven't done it yet, but I wouldn't really recommend IVing it if you've never injected before. Like said previously, it could easily become an addiction and it's a painful and potentially lethal addiction at that. Just plug it if you want to do anything with it, otherwise I'd just sell it to a proper dope fiend I'm sure they'd pay a pretty penny for it.
For those who are wondering, I did it yesterday. I was worried about feeling nauseous so I took a 50mg gravol 1 hour prior and did 3.5mg rectally. I started feeling it in about 15 mins and got pretty high, so high actually that I couldn't focus on the TV so I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling and eventually fell asleep. I still ended up puking after the gravol wore off about 4 hrs later, but it was over quick and I did not really feel nauseas before or afterwards, it was kinda weird actually, lol. Anyway, it was a nice high and I did enjoy it. I have always wanted to try it and having done it now, I have no interest in IVing it or doing it again. Unless in a hospital setting when in pain or at end of life. Thanks for all your replies and support on this site! Not sure what I would have done if I hadnt of gotten the advice I did here.
Thank you!

For those who are wondering, I did it yesterday. I was worried about feeling nauseous so I took a 50mg gravol 1 hour prior and did 3.5mg rectally. I started feeling it in about 15 mins and got pretty high, so high actually that I couldn't focus on the TV so I just closed my eyes and enjoyed the feeling and eventually fell asleep. I still ended up puking after the gravol wore off about 4 hrs later, but it was over quick and I did not really feel nauseas before or afterwards, it was kinda weird actually, lol. Anyway, it was a nice high and I did enjoy it. I have always wanted to try it and having done it now, I have no interest in IVing it or doing it again. Unless in a hospital setting when in pain or at end of life. Thanks for all your replies and support on this site! Not sure what I would have done if I hadnt of gotten the advice I did here.
Thank you!
Awesome, glad to hear everything is alright and you went about it safely ❤️ Sorry you got sick. I remember when I got my hands on some hydromorphone at first, it definitely has that effect sometimes.

Awesome, glad to hear everything is alright and you went about it safely ❤️ Sorry you got sick. I remember when I got my hands on some hydromorphone at first, it definitely has that effect sometimes.
Thanks … its funny tho, I was so worried about the nausea and that ruining the whole experience but when I did puke it was like instant, all of a sudden I was like Im gonna puke and I did and that was it … I never felt nauseous before or after so it was fine really, it was the weirdest puking experience Ive ever had lol, if that makes any sense.

Thanks … its funny tho, I was so worried about the nausea and that ruining the whole experience but when I did puke it was like instant, all of a sudden I was like Im gonna puke and I did and that was it … I never felt nauseous before or after so it was fine really, it was the weirdest puking experience Ive ever had lol, if that makes any sense.
Yep, that's kinda how it is anytime I've puked from opiates, especially heroin. No stomach ache it just comes up out of nowhere. All except for Suboxone, that had me terribly nauseous.

IV forsure. The best part of hydromorphone is the rush.... it has no legs behind it but a wicked rush. 2-4mg IVpush is safe and will knock your socks off with no tolerance. you could do more but I'm pretty sure 4mg is enough.