• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids I want to try hydromorphone, advice?

Mandy1970

Bluelighter
I got some Hydromorphone 10mg/ml from someone that works in a hospital. Its legit and untainted. I’ve never injected anything IV. Can I try this IM? I was thinking of trying 1mg IM, is it worth it? Any advice?

Id go for the whole 10mg IM, won't be that strong. Can also use rectally. Any other ROA than IV and rectal i think is. Waste

I got some Hydromorphone 10mg/ml from someone that works in a hospital. Its legit and untainted. I’ve never injected anything IV. Can I try this IM? I was thinking of trying 1mg IM, is it worth it? Any advice?
it all depends, do you have any tolerance?

If you have zero tolerance I'd have fun with 2-5mg. If you have serious tolerance just do it all.

I would not advise IM...(?)

Thanks for the comments. I have no tolerance, opiates arent really my thing, but I got this and wanted to try it just wasnt sure how much to take ...

Thanks for the comments. I have no tolerance, opiates arent really my thing, but I got this and wanted to try it just wasnt sure how much to take ...
Since you're opiate naive and this would be your first time injecting I think you should stick to the medical guidelines to avoid having a bad time.
IM : 1-2mg max
IV: less than 1mg (probably ~0.5mg or so)

But your solution has a pretty high concentration for someone who's opioid naive. For 1mg you'd need to inject 0.1mL, make sure you know what you're doing if you end up deciding to take that path.

Yeah, me too, certainly with no tolerance injecting 10mg is overboard, tho I do imagine IM, it would be impossible to kill someone, even entirely opiate naive, but maybe I should shush about things I dont entirely understand

My thoughts were to try 1mg (0.1mls) IM but have been unable to get much info re: IM online

Last edited:
I tried morphine IM (also from a little ampule like you've got) 10mg did nothing. However, I do feel 1-2mg IV, but only slightly. My only concern is its similar BA to morphine with this ROA and you will waste it all trying to get an effect.

That is a wicked cool find. Are you in tge Boston area and looking for a fancy man of dubious looks and questionable sexual experience? We could split it?

So, when you're dealing with a sterile solution for injection, pretty much all injection routes of administration are viable. We tend to discourage IM and SC injections when using street drugs as they are more likely to produce complications just by the relatively slower/less blood flow to the muscles and skin tissues, respectively in descending order.

With sterile solution, the risks are the same in relative terms. Youre more likely to get an infection by the slower to dissipate ROAs, but this is unlikely if you clean the site properly.

I see no good reason not to IM. The only difference is the time of onset. For someone with little tolerance/experience, I'm willing to bet they would perceive an IM shot of Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) as having a wicked rush regardless. With this in mind, I almost feel like an IV shot would be a waste of an experience, as it would be plenty strong and long-lasting by the IM route.

I wouldn't do more than 4mg Hydromorphone at most with no tolerance and 2mg would be fine for most people. They will administer .5mg or 1mg for most people in a clinical setting for pain management to start.

Thanks for info! I will let you know how it goes 😊 Oh and btw ... I live in Ontario, Canada 🙃

don't waste it IM. either iv or rectal otherwise a waste.

I totally get where you're coming from man. I would probably say the same thing. It's a little different for me, as I started doing intramuscular shots about a year and a half before I stopped injecting, so I got comfortable with it over time. The "rush" from IV injection was always just a cool bonus to being high for 4-6 hours. It was never the primary goal. I know a lot of people who IV everything, Methamphetamine, Fentanyl, everything and they say the same thing. It's all a waste without the rush. Even my buddy who will be high for 12 hours after a shot of Meth will claim it's a waste without the rush.

Just try to examine this situation from the lens of someone who is doesn't have a tolerance or significant experience with this stuff. I'll clarify what I mean when I claimed that an IV shot would be a kind of "waste" for someone without experience. Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) is arguably the most powerful rush offered by any of the commonly available Opioids available, Fentanyl included. My best friend, to this day, and I lived together during college and neither of us really ever played video games that much. He brought home an original Playstation from a yardsale one day and we played Gretzky for like 12 hours straight. This was around 2008-2009 and there was, I believe, at least a Playstation 3 going at that point.

The point is, if we have just gotten a Playstation 3, we never would've had nearly as much fun as playing that original Playstation. We would need the better graphics, the different games. Our naivete regarding video games allowed us to have a ton of fun, for cheap and if we got tired of that playstation, we could always get a playstation 2 down the road and have fun with that.

Not to mention, as we know that a faster, stronger hit is known to produce a relatively stronger level of psychological reinforcement, it's safe to say that you are increasing someone's likelihood for later addiction to drugs. I say, the intramuscular route is perfect. I would even recommend the rectal route prior to moving up to any injection ROA, but the ball is in the court of OP in this situation.

IV 2 mg , IM 2 mg either way you can’t go wrong it’s a great drug,I had a couple surgeries in February and was given 2 mg IV and you’d feel it coming on in about 2 seconds after being administered, it made having a testicle removed a rather pleasant experience 😁

Be really fucking careful....opiates might not be your thing now, but after getting high they might BECOME your thing....
Also, dose low and slow so you don't OD.

It would be a sin to not inject an ampule or vial of hydromorphone. I haven't injected in a decade and wouldn't feel that guilty if i injected an ampule of hydromorphone. Thats not true, i would feel guilty, but I'd also feel guilty not doing it.

Honestly didn’t get much from hydromorphone at the time but im sure id love it now.

I can tell you I once missed a shot, and somehow still got higher than shit for a few hours or less. I can't recall the dose, but knowing me it was 8mg. I prob could have gone higher, but can't imagine what me overdosing would do to those who care about me.