• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

I wanna do something big.

undead

Greenlighter
I always have this feeling. I want to do something BIG. I don't know what... I don't know how... I don't know who I'll involve. I really, truthfully... don't have a fucking clue.

But I wanna do something big. I want to make a difference. Somehow... somewhere. I feel like I'm bound to do something that will change lives for the better. I feel like every day I'm on the cusp of putting everything together.

Anybody ever feel like this?

Yeah. I know it's a vague thought, but there are days when I really believe it to be true. Then I get pissed off at myself for wasting the days away being lazy. That's not how you change shit!

Not necessarily even. Just something important. Like... going to somewhere devastated by tragedy and introducing them to soccer big.

Like... giving people a peace of mind.

I don't know... I'm probably just talking out of my ass right now. I just refuse to believe that I'm gonna be a no name piece of shit my entire life. I'd like to know that my innovation has made some sort of change for the better.

I'm totally peacin' right now. :)

undead, you already have. brofase, as cheesy as it sounds, you are an excellent example of genuinely doing things your own way.

doing something big can mean such day to day, person to person interactions. you can't measure the ripple of awesome you inspire into others and how that ripple travels on still. if you want to "help people", there are plenty of jobs in which you can pursue such things. look into degrees to get into human services, maybe.

as for a grand scale breakthough deal, like a great work of art or invention.... it takes a lot of work. you can have inspiration til you're blue in the face, but without the skill to apply it, it is wasted. look into practicing some form to a degree of competency and then just play your arse off. you're creative and original enough to spark something special.

I genuinely appreciate that, brother! I can't tell ya how much that means to me.

There's a reason you've always been one of my favorite BL'ers and it's more than just because of our Halo 2 sessions. :)

I guess to put it simply... I tend to get into these moods where I feel like I've got more potential than what I'm expelling. Maybe that's a tad bit conceded, but I truly believe I've got things to offer, but I struggle to figure out how to really make my offerings efficient in a way that they'll make a difference. I guess I don't take into account the fact that even the smallest of interactions may make the biggest of impacts to some people.

I try to do right every day, but if I were facing my eternal DOOOOOOM tomorrow... I don't think I'd be happy with the effort I put forth. :\

keep doing what you're doing, mate. NEVER let go of that feeling of dissatisfaction, it can be a great driving force when you really need it. so when you find that thing you want to do, you do it as hard as you can.

you gotta find that balance between effort and satisfaction. it's a real fine place where you bust your balls but at the same time you feel like you could have been doing more. it builds serious momentum.

hit me up anytime, if you wanna brainstorm ideas and shit. <3

edit: funny, just this week i considered starting a thread something like "when you tell others that you've tried your best, do you really believe it?" and it was meant to illustrate this exact point.

edit2: halo2, how long was that! ... you were the first blur i spoke to... on either side of the pond!

Just something important. Like... going to somewhere devastated by tragedy and introducing them to soccer big.

C'mon dude, I'm sure you can come up with something more a little more groundbreaking than that. Something tells me a kid dying of malaria who hasn't eaten in weeks because his parents were eaten by a lion isn't aspiring to be the next Messi.

But I admire your vision. :)

I used to think like this. Over time the feeling kind of morphed into doing small "good" things in my daily life though. If you think about it, we probably have more of a positive effect on the things around us with those rather than a single grand gesture.

In retrospect... I'm so glad I started this thread! :D

You guys are killin' me!

L2R, I might have to take you up on that offer to hit you up. If nothing else... some creative inspiration never hurt! I kinda miss those worry free days of stayin' up all night (well... it was probably all day for you) and slayin' people. That shit was so fun! Interesting thing about that thread idea you had btw, we must be in sync! Not like that awesome band, but like for real!

Max, I know you're just bein' funneh, but you know what I mean. ;) I don't need to teach some 3rd world kid how to play soccer, but the kinds of things I'd like to do would be on par with that. Ya know... maybe introduce some sort of art facility to an area of the world... or hell, the United States... where things are run down. Ya know... like art therapy. Not that that shit doesn't already exist, but I'm sure it's always a welcomed entity. Something to keep peoples' minds off of the perils of every day life. It's what works for me. :)

GM, I totally respect that. I think that's akin to what L2R mentioned as well. The little things that you get into a habit of doing naturally, you tend to forget, have an impact on people. I don't mean to make it seem like I value the "big" things more than the little things... I know it's all important, but I just feel like all the things I wanna do with my talents or ideas... point to doing something awesome that will make some sort of epic impact. Maybe it's just the internet giving me a false sense of awesomeness (which I doubt cause I'm awesome).

CS, c'mon man... I'm crazy, but not stupid.

tokenname... I dig that quote... and it seems pretty fitting here! :D

The funny thing about doing something big is that once its over, it doesnt seem as big.

I too feel like i was meant for something grand, like really strong feelings that go beyond the standard "I'm different". Like i was predestined to do someone grand!

But L2R is right, we have done big things. And with every big thing we do, we want something BIGGER

^yeah that's what all my ex-girlfriends say ;)

May I suggest:
Terry Crews?

75313_o.gif

I feel like that when I am manic sometimes- like wanting to create some new technology that is purely fictional, lol
it's really childish of me at times, but if people (practical people, unlike myself) want to do something remarkable, I have found that most of what it takes is time.

The funny thing about doing something big is that once its over, it doesnt seem as big.

I too feel like i was meant for something grand, like really strong feelings that go beyond the standard "I'm different". Like i was predestined to do someone grand!

But L2R is right, we have done big things. And with every big thing we do, we want something BIGGER

It's not even once it's over. It's during the BIG thing it won't feel big. Sometimes what others see as monumental will just seem everyday to you. If you work hard on everything you do, BIG as such will be all around you.

you should sit down with some friends, smoke a bunch of pot, talk about it and then get your munch on.

I think the biggest thing ive done in my life is to live it. Do you feel like you just want to remembered or should make your life a better life by accomplishing something. Accomplishing things is great, I reccomend doing it haha. People forget that life is hard, life is full of challenges and day to day stuff that give you opportunities to help and make other people happier in general. My advice, do little things that brighten up peoples days, do little things that benefit multiple people, do things that benefit you remember that your still a person who deserves the pursuit of happiness. You don't NEED to do something huge, if you want to go ahead and try your hardest it sounds like a great idea and is 110% positive. You jsut don't NEED to, as people have said. its the little things that count, and that is very very true.

I like to think of it like this, so your in the middle of nowhere and have no idea how you got there. You see a fence but, you don't know if your inside and the other side is outside or if its the opposite. The fence is big goals, even when you finish them not much changes, you could climb over that fence 200 times and be no were closer to being inside but, its more the inbetween that matters. The act of you walking to the fence, climbing over etc is what matters. They are the little things, climbing over thefence is nothing. Sure its the big goal and its the most 'important' thing but in the end you and others remember the other stuff. So you could do 200 big things (climb the fence 200 times) and you would still crave more, crave to know if you were inside or not.

I worded that horribly but hopefully you will understand, just enjoy yourself :)

Sometimes what others see as monumental will just seem everyday to you. If you work hard on everything you do, BIG as such will be all around you.

yeah man. imho, most of the people out there who do "big tingz" aren't even aware of it until they hear it from the people they respect and love. not to mention that truly BIG occurances are so fleeting in this world so full of people and their actions. i also feel such a strong desire to be remembered after i'm dead and buried, but in the grand scheme that doesn't matter much because all of our race will be forgotten in the sands of time. It's like that quote from the movie Sunshine goes:

At the end of time, a moment will come when just one man remains. Then the moment will pass. Man will be gone. There will be nothing to show that we were ever here... but stardust.

The future is oblivion, but our existence is here now and we share it with everyone alive at this moment. I think that if we can just be remembered by the people who really know us as being honest, virtuous people who pursued our passions to the hilt, it would be the noblest legacy that we could leave.