• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I told my mum about my father's abuse this morning

This happened to my Mrs. She endured sexual abuse from her stepfather from the ages of 12 to 16. She finally plucked up the courage to announce it to her mother, and it was all brushed under the carpet. The cunt got away with it for life.

I have absolutely no idea what you're going through mate, but I can sympathise to a certain extent...

No way you’re not damaged goods, I promise. There’s this thing called Kintsugi- it’s the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver or platinum.

They end up looking beautiful & I relate it to PTSD & healing. I wish I could explain it better but I’m having a kinda tough night. But look up Kintsugi these pieces of pottery end up even more beautiful after have being broken & mended back with the gold, silver or platinum 💜

Fuck, I love Japan. Golden joinery. That's encouraging. Thank you <3

This happened to my Mrs. She endured sexual abuse from her stepfather from the ages of 12 to 16. She finally plucked up the courage to announce it to her mother, and it was all brushed under the carpet. The cunt got away with it for life.

I have absolutely no idea what you're going through mate, but I can sympathise to a certain extent...

My mum actually has been remarkably good about this. She came over the next day too, for a bit of a small chat. And then the next day for Christmas she dropped round.

Neither of them went to Christmas. I think they should have gone, even if they didn't host it. The rest of the family has started to talk, and a lot of them have been guessing right. Either they have always found my dad creepy (possible, people who meet him have told me that they do) or, very possibly, they have unfortunately fallen for the 'oh what could it be? Ohhhhh the gender change... Sexual abuse' myth.

My cousin filled me in on everything since I told him everything years ago when he disclosed his dad physically abusing him. Apparently my dad called up to say they weren't coming all upset. That made me feel really guilty. I didn't want to make him upset. Then James told me that he went to visit grandma on his own last night... And that made me worry he's gone over to get his side of the story in first.

James said he thinks my mum will divorce my dad, and I got sad about that cause I don't wanna be the reason they get divorced and he'll be sad and alone. Mum already told me that he drinks more because I don't talk to him. Then I found out his reason for saying they couldn't come was 'dealing with problems with eli' so I got mad cause I feel like I'm being treated like I'm the problem. Maybe I am the problem. He always said I was, if I never said anything there wouldn't have been any problem, especially if I didn't go no contact. That was what started the problem.

When mum came over for Christmas she gave me gingerbread biscuits and when I got one to eat I felt like shit cause she spent all this time making a gingerbread house like she used to and now it got wasted cause of me.

I wish I didn't feel so much empathy. I never understood why people think Autistic people don't feel empathy. I literally feel bad about my abuser being sad and ruining Christmas for my mum and everyone.

I felt good until then, cause I really thought we could fix things with the family and we could be a family again, me, my brother, my mum and my dad (without the abuse obviously) cause the reason I told her wasn't to get him in to trouble and make a police report and press charges. It was so that he could apologise and everything else that includes.

But now I feel like I did the wrong thing and I'm a bad person. Logically I know this isn't true. But this is what I feel like at the moment. I think I just want to talk to friends and Tom when he gets back from the holiday break.

I hope your partner gets the support she needs from you. I never have believed it possible to have a partner believe me when I tell them what happened to me. Or that they would not think it gross, bail on me, then laugh to their friends. It makes me really happy knowing that have a partner who believes them. I know it's hard sometimes being a partner or even a friend to people like us because of how we can behave due to what happened. But the fact that she told you means that she very much loves and trusts you.

And from someone who experienced the same thing she did, many of us don't ever believe we can fully love or trust another person, especially when it is a sexual relationship because of all of the confusion that comes together with that due to the grooming we experienced ever again in our lives.

You must be a very, very special person to have gained her trust and love and I respect you for that, and she has been very brave to tell you. We expect people to leave us when we tell them, and when people prove us wrong it feels surreal. It's the best thing in the world. But I've also had that happen then the friend eventually prove me right, and it destroyed me, so you have a very special role in her life.

Your old man is a cunt i was physically abused by my cunt of a dad and I still wake up and cry in shower but your ordeal is much worse stay strong brother and you did the right thing telling your mom

What happened to me repulses society more when they hear about it happening.

But it is not more damaging than the betrayal of trust where a parent beats their child, it's just that depending on the circumstances and the ways both happen, they can be more or less damaging. Some people are basically physically tortured by their parents and go through extreme physical pain. I can't relate to that.

I know of people who need far, far more mental health support than I due to prolonged physical abuse. Everyone processes things differently.

What happened to us was different. It wasn't any easier or harder to go through. The only reason I said I wished he hit me was because at least then it wouldn't have been a perpetual game of his to almost hit me. But I feel like I only would have preferred it to happen one time.

I definitely do not wish I got beaten up by him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

What happened to me repulses society more when they hear about it happening.

But it is not more damaging than the betrayal of trust where a parent beats their child, it's just that depending on the circumstances and the ways both happen, they can be more or less damaging. Some people are basically physically tortured by their parents and go through extreme physical pain. I can't relate to that.

I know of people who need far, far more mental health support than I due to prolonged physical abuse. Everyone processes things differently.

What happened to us was different. It wasn't any easier or harder to go through. The only reason I said I wished he hit me was because at least then it wouldn't have been a perpetual game of his to almost hit me. But I feel like I only would have preferred it to happen one time.

I definitely do not wish I got beaten up by him. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.
In my head i always tried to take comfort any way I could I guess . First I tried to think he was a war vet maybe war fucked him then I met my wife dad who did 3 tours of vietnam and I remember eating dinner at their house on 15 years old when I first me him wanting to cry because I was looking at a vet who the nicest person you could meet destroyed my excuse for the cunt old man . Then I stuck on he may beat us break ribs nose of me and my brothers but at least it was not sexual abuse I try to look for any excuse I can .

Childhood trauma is weird you can have everything a man need love of a wife great kids good business but the pain always there . Once I walked out of a optican saw a father hugging and being nice to his son he must have been 5 eyes filled with water or movies with father son scenes . The best we can do is be the best parent we can use the hurt to make their lives filled with love not what we had . I wish you the best and get help because I don't and do more heroin and bigger lines of coke to just not have to think of it and this way not the best

A good friend on here told me once as a child our home is where we meant to feel safe and loved me and you did not have that . I always used to think when I a dad I will never have my kids feel the fear we had when you heard that key in front door and think fuck the old mans home . I wish you the best and hope you learn to cope with it the best you can because what else can you do don't let it destroy you use that pain to drive you forward

The developmental trauma disorder is treated by the clinical psychologist.
This is true.
I am going to make this short as possible.
At 56 and previously diagnosed with PTS (which is what it was called way back) I have seen a few psychiatrists and was prescribed drugs to "help" me deal with the night terrors and anxieties of traumas sustained throughout my life (which some have been quite serious). Never has it ever done one damn thing to treat underlying causes.
About a year ago I was put in a horrible situation and my life started spiralling out of control. Even semi-sober the darkness took over and enveloed me to the point of me feeling paralyzed, anxieties were rampant and self worth came to an all time low.
A few months ago I realized that I needed help to move ahead. I sought help from mental health services and when I was being assessed/evaluated there was no stopping the tears, was literally shaking, physically sick, disoriented and just floored from the experience.
The first psycolgist I saw afterward was not equipped to handle all the shit I had been through and was kicked to one who specializes in trauma.
The initial few seasions always had me feeling "crushed" and crestfallen as I felt there would be no helping me because there was no real noticable change in my disposition.
The very next visit she used a method called EMDR
and I swear something "clicked" and after the session, it was the first time I walked out of her office with a smile on my face and felt a return of self confidence in this madness we are flooded with at every turn.
Yes most of my issues were from unprocessed childhood abuse and the sexual abuse inflicted by a step father and the neighborhood bully (which was older).
Not trying to make this about me... just agreeing with the quote about a competent psychologist that specializes in trauma.
It seems to be working for me. Just hoping it is sustainable....
<3

I'm so sorry you had to go through this.

I can't imagine how something like that would make me feel.

I been close to people who've been abused (one of my first relationships was with a girl who was assaulted by her grandfather at a young age) and I know it takes a long time to process, but - believe me - you won't always feel about it the way you feel about it now... you don't have to, anyway.

Telling your mother about it is a huge step in the right direction. What you did was beyond brave and it was the right thing for you. You need to take what you need in this life (socially / emotionally / spiritually) rather than living a lie for someone else.

Not telling her is letting him get away with it.

Healing is possible, even when you don't think it is.

You're a passionate person. You're smart. You're funny.

Don't let him win.

It's so complicated. I loved the person that ruined me. I don't even like saying that they ruined me cause somehow I feel like it's a cop-out. Having to pretend and go along with the narrative that I ruined myself and feeling worthless like a burden to the family. I believe that I'm the clown now because I am a fuck-up/went off the rails in most people close to me's eyes- especially mine. Feeling guilty about not being able to deal with it like many others who don't bring shame on themselves and family. I can't accept that it was bad enough to warrant the response I've had but if I picture another kid my age struggling I understand. society praises u to be honest but if it's too close to home it's too difficult for people and the person who experienced it due to the guilt and shame.
for me it's Kind of like if ur mum put her heart and soul in to making you a lovely meal and u just tip it all over the floor and say fuck you and your efforts it's shite and I want to ruin it all, then seeing them get really hurt and upset and start to cry only you can't explain that ur allergic to an ingredient - terrible analogy just trying to put into simpler example don't actually even know what I'm trying to say myself. I get like that when trying to process thoughts/feelings regarding this and in general about 20 unfinished thoughts fly by before I've finished thinking them theiugh- don't know if that's related or what. Basically what I mean is I feel powerless and guilty for having the reaction I did/still do but I also at times feel like it wasn't fair to me. Sometimes I feel like even that im exaggerating/ being a drama queen. But I know I'm not exaggerating how I feel cause all I wish is to be content and shame/guilt free or to start again and for things to be different it literally affects every part of me and life. Even in comparison to others who have been through lots what I experienced sometimes feel it Shouldn't have affected me as much as it did/does. I hate myself and feel fugly. These are my thoughts...e.g. If i didn't just want special treatment/sympathy I would have got on with it and been grateful for my other-wise amazing upbringing - which doesn't logically make much sense. It's just overwhelmingly sad. I wish it was different. It's complicated and I don't hate the person. I have been angry at my parents in the past for not protecting me which affected our relationship... but I have no right to be angry especially at my parents when they looked after me to the best of their ability and I just feel totally guilty about it all. Tried to tell my best friend when younger they vanished - after telling their mum and other people which made me so paranoid and worried and much more ashamed. Shame. Guilt. Regret. Anger. Self-hate. It's brutal. I wish it was different but I try to make the most of the relationship I have with my mum cause it's a special one. I love her so much. I miss my dad so much and wish we had been able to spend more quality time together and have that closeness we once had when I was little (before I hit puberty etc and became a little brat lol)... It feels like a double edged sword at times because to remember all the good stuff, their efforts to raise me right with good morals, all the amazing holidays, Christmas', all the small stuff, support, love etc etc - that not all kids have growing up - makes me feel guilty and like a bad person somehow, especially since I turned out to be so bad at one point e.g. had no contact with them for years, was iv-ing which carries its own stigma, alcoholic, totally gave up etc.. That's what this does to me - it's confusing af. Still only started proper therapy about several months ago so hopefully gets better. Shame and guilt I feel it constantly it's always there. Even altho I didn't choose for this to happen it feels like I hurt people I love by existing hurting them like torturing their puppy/kitten in front of them

Last edited:
^ ^ you are you, know matter what you've been through.
'Damaged goods' is only the insecurity you wear on your sleeve/face/behaviour.
There are millions of damaged people, that hide it well, hurt others insidiously, in hiding their damage.
It's a hard balance to grow, accept yourself and thrive, while dealing with unbelievable, insecurity - but like you said, it's a process, can be done; WILL be done and keeps us thriving, living, being and living to undo, any shit that tainted any of us - make it better. This is strength, this is purpose. 💪❤️🌚

I just want to tell anyone who posted here talking about your own experiences, don't feel like this thread wasn't the place for you to do it. I posted just to have somewhere to write about it as I can't do so on my Facebook account, and get a bit of support. Hearing other people's stories and anyone feeling like me posting has made you feel like you have the strength to post, especially after I explained to the person who asked if it was that bad and pointed out why it was, that you would be believed in this thread - then please, post as much or as often as you would like or need to.

Hearing the stories from other members I think makes all of us feel less alone in this regard, and I wish I had the time to reply to everyone who has shared their experiences in the amount of detail that you all deserve.

I just hope that you all find some level of healing that you can. I'm not quite there yet, even though I try. But I have my hopes that it's going to get better one way or another.

I encourage any one of you to look for someone you can find who can help with the things associated with the abuse that you might struggle with, the complex post traumatic stress disorder, dissociation, shame, anger, embarassment, anxiety, feeling disgusting or dirty, feeling damaged, feeling broken.

You can get better. I can't say that the memories of it will ever go away, but I can say that the emotions associated with my abuse have lessened over time with intense therapy.

So please no one apologise for posting your own story in here. I am more than happy for anyone to use the thread for getting it off their chest too.

Seperately, I'd like to thank anyone who has posted in here supporting both me and other survivors. It means a lot to us to hear the supportive and kind things that people who understand the impact this has on our lives has on us. I'm very lucky that I have a lot of therapy and a lot of support from professionals in my life for this, but some other members do not, so by all means if someone else other than me posts in here and you want to respond directly to them and give them support, please do. They deserve it too.

So,

I have had two family therapy sessions. I found someone who a facilitator at my survivors group referred me to who has worked with cases like mine for 20 years. She let me meet her for half an hour without paying and and said she doesn't make people pay for those sessions cause it's unfair and we have to pick the right person and feel safe. She said a bunch of stuff that made me know she is the right person.

I am still seeing my mum frequently. Sometimes more than once a week. I'm also letting her see the effects of my mental health more and letting my guard done and she is understanding better. She is really trying. When I told my GP he literally was like 😯 for 30 seconds. He treats my whole family. But he compartmentalises it all. Tbh I dunno if my dad still sees him tho, if I were him I wouldn't cause I'd feel super awkward knowing my GP knew I abused my kid they also treat. But I don't know cause he's a professional and he doesn't talk to me about anything about my dad, just let's me talk about him and comments on how things are going. He told me to let my mum know that he is happy for her to see him for extra sessions if she needs to talk about it and mum told me when I told her that through the year I wasn't talking to dad she had been talking to my GP about me not speaking to him and how that was affecting her. So yeah, he is amazing at keeping it all seperate considering he's our family doctor. He told me he suspected what happened to me for a long time and when he found out about my sexual self harm he had an educated guess about what happened. Originally when he found out my dad was also a patient he said we couldn't talk much about him, but after that all happened and my self harm rapidly escalated and I had a suicide attempt earlier this year due to all of this he said yes when I asked to disclose to him and explained he already knew or guessed most stuff due to reading a statement of lived experience I'd written for my disability funding anyway.

Bad news... My brother came over to give me my Christmas Present and 'talk to me about something' and cause I had work until 7 and it was 8 hours until he would see me I begged him to say what it was about. Eventually he told me he wanted to apologise. I didn't think it necessary but he said his psychologist suggested it so I figured if it helps him then I'm glad to.

He came over, handed me the present. Sat there awkwardly for a minute or so. Then he said he remembered when I was 12 and he was 14 that we used to wrestle together and it 'got weird'... I wasn't mad. I was upset. Very upset cause I'm like... Jesus, did anyone in my immediate family not fucking sexually abuse me?

But firstly, he apologized as soon as he remembered it happening. So I have to give him credit for that as opposed to my nonce sperm donor. Secondly... To me this indicates he was also abused, or that he was copying what dad did to me when I wrestled with dad or him and me wrestled with dad and it's a testament to my dad's creepiness and lack of boundaries sexually and physically with me and my brother just... Didn't know any better.

It hasn't affected my relationship with him. He has always been a great brother and I honestly don't even remember it happening. I'm not mad at him, I'm just upset that I was victimised so much.

I'm sure this will be a topic for discussion in therapy when he comes along. Mum is apparently coming this week but I need to double check.

When I was doing therapy with my behaviour support practitioner I had a body memory (something you feel but can't see visually) come up and this fucked up shit happened where I said something, he did what I asked and asked me to describe how I was feeling but I suddenly was in complete terror about saying it and broke down screaming and begging him not to make me talk about it. Then my body felt like it was on fire so I was like, jerking around and then starting bashing my head with my fist, not just hitting but full on slamming my head begging him to 'make it stop' and screaming for him to help me. He went though the script I told him which would ground me, it worked, but then some weird ass fucking shit happened after so I've had some new developments in my life. I completely understand why I could never remember that thing happening cause feeling that way would have killed me as a child and I couldn't display that emotion in my family or someone would have known something was wrong, so I fully repressed it.

I'm hopeful for the future though. For once.

Uh, yeah so. Look. I was high when I told her last year at the start of December I didn't want any phone, text, or social media contact with him, and I was high tonight. But fuck it, she knows. And I can't live with myself anymore being so guilty about making my dad feel bad, even if he is a cumstain, cause I fucking hate hurting people.

So basically I was in a lose lose situation. Feel like a bad person and blame myself for continually getting sexually assaulted, or feel like a bad person and blame myself for my cumstain sperm donor being upset that his dearest youngest upon which he visited a level of horror many people find sickening, has decided he doesn't want to speak with him at all.

But I fucking broke tonight. I have to go to Christmas at their place. The same goddamn place where he sexually assaulted me which made me remember so much stuff (not all of it) and having the shocking realisation that the pervasive sense of all encompassing fear I felt from being around him, as well as waking up feeling 'disgusting' and 'dirty' were cleary something more meaningful.

I would say the conversation went as well as it could have. I have no fucking clue as to how this is gonna go. She seems to believe me? When I was basically crying saying 'what the fuck have i got to gain from lying to you about this? Like what benefit do I get? And what am I fucking risking? All your financial support.

I think, because of witnessing me fall apart due to mentioning my dad which causes me to just repeat that I wasn't allowed to talk about it and he'll get mad that she actually sees that she is dealing with some real shit here.

I'll keep you all updated as this continues. I literally have no idea who is doing what and how with the family stuff. I told mum I can access all my psych ward records, or the 7 years I have been seeing a clinical psychologist (which still, until this very day she has thought has been due to bipolar. No mother. The psychiatrist is for bipolar. The developmental trauma disorder is treated by the clinical psychologist.

She seems to think it'll get better. I told her I haven't told her everything and then I started crying that she will choose my dad and not me, her son that her cumstain husband molested.

I just can't deal with her coming up to me every time I see her and asking for me to consider doing it. I told her about some of the drug use, the third degree burns. I don't know if she needs to know everything.

Also send a copy of the child protection file, which I guess is somewhat damning evidence.

It was gonna happen sometime I guess.
I can totally relate and am very sorry for what you are having to deal with and especially for the way trauma has impacted your life.

My dad beat the shit out of me since I was 5 and he mostly did it while my mom wasn’t home, but there were times he did it in front of her just not as bad as when she wasn’t home. I told her when I was 17 how much he actually beat me. I mean I remember sleeping in bed at night getting yanked out if my bed dragged onto the floor beat for no apparent reason and then sent back to bed, yet when I told her about how much he actually beat me she said I was lying. He was smart enough to only hit me hard where my clothes were covering and he is a career marine so he definitely knew what he was doing.

It really sucks when our moms don’t want to believe it so choose not to when the evidence is right in their face. He really fucked me up because I was so terrified of violence because of him that when I got picked on at school I would freeze even though I was a black belt in sho ryn ru and so the kids at school would bully me because I was seen as easy pickings. I never felt safe at home or at school.

One day that changed though and I turned into a gangsta and rebelled lol. Never froze in a fight sense. But yeah I’m 40 and am still in therapy for this shot and some other stuff.

Sorry not trying to make this about me but just wanted to show that I can relate. Definitely not as bad as sexual trauma but I can relate.

I can totally relate and am very sorry for what you are having to deal with and especially for the way trauma has impacted your life.

My dad beat the shit out of me since I was 5 and he mostly did it while my mom wasn’t home, but there were times he did it in front of her just not as bad as when she wasn’t home. I told her when I was 17 how much he actually beat me. I mean I remember sleeping in bed at night getting yanked out if my bed dragged onto the floor beat for no apparent reason and then sent back to bed, yet when I told her about how much he actually beat me she said I was lying. He was smart enough to only hit me hard where my clothes were covering and he is a career marine so he definitely knew what he was doing.

It really sucks when our moms don’t want to believe it so choose not to when the evidence is right in their face. He really fucked me up because I was so terrified of violence because of him that when I got picked on at school I would freeze even though I was a black belt in sho ryn ru and so the kids at school would bully me because I was seen as easy pickings. I never felt safe at home or at school.

One day that changed though and I turned into a gangsta and rebelled lol. Never froze in a fight sense. But yeah I’m 40 and am still in therapy for this shot and some other stuff.

Sorry not trying to make this about me but just wanted to show that I can relate. Definitely not as bad as sexual trauma but I can relate.

No please don't apologise for sharing. I have mentioned that the thing that helped me most until I got my current behaviour support therapist, was going to a 'survivors and mates support network's where I did a 8 week trauma peer group with other male survivors. This one was especially special cause they said on the website trans men welcome and when I saw that I knew I had to beg them to let me do it cause maybe no where else would be the same. Hearing them share the same issues made me feel understood and not defective. For the first time ever.

I still have days I feel horrible as anyone who spends time in person with me knows, but it's a vast improvement on the past.

I want anyone to share in this thread if they choose to, what happened to them so that they can receive support from other people saying that they believe them and that it wasn't there fault. So because your mum didn't say it, and I was lucky enough that my mum did (the first part at least) I want to tell you.

You didn't deserve it, and it wasn't your fault. It was his. You were a child and he was an adult.

The best thing we can all do, especially people who were physically abused (people who were sexually abused more often than not do not sexually abuse others as adults, they more often sexually abuse other children like I suspect my brother did for example because they're just modelling what they know, but because we often can't get close enough to people to trust anyone and also like I have this thing with kids I know many other victims of CSA share is a pervasive fear of even touching a child in an innocent way because I worry that the 'poison' I feel inside me will spread to them, or I worry (and I had these thoughts as a teenager which is extremely common with CSA victims I learnt while doing child protection courses to be a mandatory notifier and another time I was like ooop red flag, is that when I was in my early teens I would get intrusive sexual thoughts about children in the sense that I was terrified if I touched them I would literally do something, I couldn't put words to what it was at that age but something horrible that I got flashes of in my mind but didn't understand, and I knew doing that to kids was wrong even though I was also a kid so I grew up hating myself and wanting to die cause I thought I was a pedophile. Thankfully, I am not, and everyone I've told has said that my response when I tell people this which is begging them to understand that it's not urges I get, it's not like, an attraction, it's like more of a 'oh my god what if I lost control of my body and I hurt them like I was hurt I would be such a horrible person' type thing if that makes sense. Now, I'm actually really good with children. I still refuse to touch them more than necessary (on camps I volunteer at I may have to touch a shoulder, or like rub their back or their head to help them sleep, but we all do that there because they ask us to since their parents never did, and in foster care or residence units - housing for foster kids with employees who arent allowed to show them any physical affection or touch them - they are fucking like, touch starved when they get to us. So I even break my 'no hugging' policy with the kids but I give them a hug limit per day and then they have to use high fives instead. So they get 5 hugs spread out through the day and any other time they want to have physical affection they get high fives. Unlimited high fives) is to not continue the cycle. Break it.

As I've said before. Sexual abuse is viewed by society as more disgusting and sickening and gross and immoral. It just... Like it is. But like the age of consent is different in different countries so like fuck I dunno, in some places people would say a lot of what happened to me wasn't sexual abuse. I think they're probably a bit backwards though even though some of them are European. I do think there is good reason for a higher age of consent being 16/18 and 16 only with other people under 16 so a 16-17 year old if that makes sense.

But physical abuse? I don't know if I could cope with that. Please do not understate the suffering you went through. I don't think you would have coped with what my dad did to me. I don't think I'm I would be able to cope with what your dad did to you.

They're different. Sexual abuse is more stigmatized and that has its extra difficulties, but being beaten by a parent fucks your relationship with them just as badly.

Take care and reach out if you need.

Last edited:
I'm sick of flashbacks and feeling like sub human scum. Just when I get slightly comfortable someone I care too much about fucks me over. I let myself get drawn back to my abusive ex and he emotionally blackmails me. I have been getting night sweats from stress and waking up panicking. I can't live like this. My psychologist is leaving and having to start all over is fucking nuts and I want to get the stuff I need today to end it all. I wish my family didn't have to suffer but I've been suffering in silence all my life for them while they think I'm just a druggy/alcoholic loser.....well guess what I've been sober for over a year and half and I want to relapse....but not really I just want HELP to cope with how I feel or some fucking diazepam SOMETHING for a week or even few days. My psychiatrist laughed at me yesterday first time meeting her when I asked bout ketamine therapy and how long she thought it would take to come through. She said with joy....20 years. I'm 31.... I needed some hope and she treated me like the loser I am.
I'm so mad all I needed was some compassion and empathy and maybe a day or two diazepam ....they do it for people in psychosis but not even for one day to help someone suffering from cptsd symptoms and wanting to overdose and/or relapse on alcohol to cope but not wanting to let family down etc
I'm so sorry for even posting on an anonymous website and tarnishing an important thread but it's the only thread that understands
I don't even take anything anymore I just vape weed. Can't get ketamine anymore cause my ex was the one getting me it and I'm too stupid to figure out how to work telegram or whatever it's called fuck this for a game of soldiers I'm fucking stressed out and I don't give a fuck anymore. I am fucking embarrassed by this post and I'm not attention seeking I just needed to get it out somewhere so don't reply or like this or anything cause i don't want it
I can't get over my abusive cunt of an ex I know he's bad for me and always sets me up to let me down like this. First decent sleep and he knew I had zopiclone for one night only and he made sure when I woke up he had text saying he was killing himself etc etc because I told him yesterday can only be friends if ok. o was getting last night after looking after my psychotic friend for a week who btw totally turned on me and has blocked me don't know where she is etc. I don't take it personally cause she's not well but I can't help but be worried and the change is too much to handle. I like my comfy routines I'm not afraid to admit. I need it. I'm getting tested for Autism by that psychiatrist but in another three months and that's just writing shit down to make the case for the investigation they think I don't know they're taking the piss because they don't see me as high risk/ don't care if I relapse/ don't really suspect have it. I just want it investigated cause it sucks. I wanna rule it out. People think I'm stupid I have an IQ of 129 if any consolation....not that it matters on my eyes but I need to prove I'm not the person my illness shows. I'm stupid and weak to everyone else and I couldn't give a fuck sometimes but I just battle through these body memories and I can't do it anymore. My head's blank cause it switches off no wonder I can't hold a decent convo....maybe it's not autism related .....I did used to line my toys up and I'm sensitive to touch hate being touched mostly and crave intamacy as well I know I spelled intimacy wrong but do I give a fuck m...........nut!!!!!!!?? The only time I feel any normal human almost is when full of benzos and fuck that. I'm a pure melt. Wish I could get ketamine or shrooms. Can't wait til September if I can make it til then
Psychiatrist won't help unless psycjotic with Diazepam even altho I told her how I'm feeling and gonna relapse on drink
I hate that I can't remember my childhood trauma (mostly) but also greatfyul it's just some little well big things I remember lland that the person wasn't meant to have that type of relationship with me. Cause I need to understand rather than have these random bouts of anger at like a man who's not real family but an uncle holding my baby niece I don't trust him and I went down the woods and punched a tree and my hand is fucked.

I'm beingpathetic and I don't give a fuck I'm shite at everything and I try my hardest. My music's shite I don't have any confidence in my ideas. My singer has left me and I don't feel comfortable with many people to share my ideas ....hope would be good if it produces results
But it never does with the confidence/abuse history stuff and I'm sick and tired of making delusional progress
Fuck working towards being anl recovery worker/music therapist I'm gonna take a baseball bat to someone that really done me dirty before I go myself I won't kill them I'll break their legs then do what I need to do before getting arrested ....even if I do get arrested and change my mind bout killing myself I don't care cause I can't achieve my dreams anyway. Fuck everything and eveyone. I sound like a big fucking child bratfucking br
Don't fit in anywhere fuck it all
I know I'm stupid for saying this and people who have real problems like running from war etc are the real motherfuckin' g's who deserve to be upset and whine like a baby.i mean I have it all really - a roof a safe place to stay a comfy bed a loving family benefits cause I'm a useless cunt who can't work.
Sick of making tunes and loving them then hating them I'm sick of fake fucking friends I don't have any of my real friends left ....well one but she just humours me like my family views me like the burden even in best intentions I know they care bout me but they don't understand. Music the only thing I have and I don't have the confidence to share my ideas I'm a total shitebag

Re thread: it's a right mind fuck loving your abuser I LOVE him and I really mean that .... I don't care what people think either cause it's easier not to love them I think I wish I didn't not comparing etc but I really wish it wasn't such a contradiction in my head and heart I want to chop my bottom half off sometimes and I feel like the biggest freak on this planet
While I'm at it. My fucking disgusting p.e. teacher Mrs C*****e who used to like watching me get changed whilst doing the register and (she a pretend lesbian.... well for an appetite for vulnerable teenage girls i.e. peado*****) she didn't help matters I fucking hate her. I hated swimming because I hated the feeling of getting out the pool because of her and the actual feeling of being wet in uniform for the rest of the day. I love swimming but hate the feeling after. I've always been funny out getting undressed in front of people even befor that so thank you you fucking beast for making me even worse. I still don't like getting naked. Well years ago I went the other way as a coping mechanism but now I'm back to being totally nun-like. I wish I could be mad at someone for abusing me but one that I do have memories I love too much and they're dead and the other I am not sure about....so can't prove it but I have a really funny feeling about my "uncle" and now I'm really confused as to whether the threat is still here or not I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me here. I know this won't make any sense but it does to me. I just get an icky feeling around that Bible bashing cunt. And I didn't like the way he was holding my niece....maybe I'm being paranoid or having a trauma response. Used to stay there as a child and I hated it but don't have any memories of sexual abuse at his hands although my "cousin" was obsessed with sex scenes from a very early age in films we were lnt maybe supposed to be watching that young that we use to sneak on the tape when nobody was around at theirs. I used to hate staying there and remember crying myself to sleep cause I had to use my doll as a pillow. He would come in and put the light off and say night girls that's all I remember. So I was very confused at my response - my gut feeling towards him after seeing him for the first time in years and years

I wish my family would understand and I didn't have to feel the shame but that's a dream that won't ever happen I couldn't hurt them anyway and if I can't understand it why would I expect them to. They'll never know I hope ...ifthey might already have an idea but just not know how to handle it ...like the lephant in the room

Last edited:
I'm sick of flashbacks and feeling like sub human scum. Just when I get slightly comfortable someone I care too much about fucks me over. I let myself get drawn back to my abusive ex and he emotionally blackmails me. I have been getting night sweats from stress and waking up panicking. I can't live like this. My psychologist is leaving and having to start all over is fucking nuts and I want to get the stuff I need today to end it all. I wish my family didn't have to suffer but I've been suffering in silence all my life for them while they think I'm just a druggy/alcoholic loser.....well guess what I've been sober for over a year and half and I want to relapse....but not really I just want HELP to cope with how I feel or some fucking diazepam SOMETHING for a week or even few days. My psychiatrist laughed at me yesterday first time meeting her when I asked bout ketamine therapy and how long she thought it would take to come through. She said with joy....20 years. I'm 31.... I needed some hope and she treated me like the loser I am.
I'm so mad all I needed was some compassion and empathy and maybe a day or two diazepam ....they do it for people in psychosis but not even for one day to help someone suffering from cptsd symptoms and wanting to overdose and/or relapse on alcohol to cope but not wanting to let family down etc
I'm so sorry for even posting on an anonymous website and tarnishing an important thread but it's the only thread that understands
I don't even take anything anymore I just vape weed. Can't get ketamine anymore cause my ex was the one getting me it and I'm too stupid to figure out how to work telegram or whatever it's called fuck this for a game of soldiers I'm fucking stressed out and I don't give a fuck anymore. I am fucking embarrassed by this post and I'm not attention seeking I just needed to get it out somewhere so don't reply or like this or anything cause i don't want it
I can't get over my abusive cunt of an ex I know he's bad for me and always sets me up to let me down like this. First decent sleep and he knew I had zopiclone for one night only and he made sure when I woke up he had text saying he was killing himself etc etc because I told him yesterday can only be friends if ok. o was getting last night after looking after my psychotic friend for a week who btw totally turned on me and has blocked me don't know where she is etc. I don't take it personally cause she's not well but I can't help but be worried and the change is too much to handle. I like my comfy routines I'm not afraid to admit. I need it. I'm getting tested for Autism by that psychiatrist but in another three months and that's just writing shit down to make the case for the investigation they think I don't know they're taking the piss because they don't see me as high risk/ don't care if I relapse/ don't really suspect have it. I just want it investigated cause it sucks. I wanna rule it out. People think I'm stupid I have an IQ of 129 if any consolation....not that it matters on my eyes but I need to prove I'm not the person my illness shows. I'm stupid and weak to everyone else and I couldn't give a fuck sometimes but I just battle through these body memories and I can't do it anymore. My head's blank cause it switches off no wonder I can't hold a decent convo....maybe it's not autism related .....I did used to line my toys up and I'm sensitive to touch hate being touched mostly and crave intamacy as well I know I spelled intimacy wrong but do I give a fuck m...........nut!!!!!!!?? The only time I feel any normal human almost is when full of benzos and fuck that. I'm a pure melt. Wish I could get ketamine or shrooms. Can't wait til September if I can make it til then
Psychiatrist won't help unless psycjotic with Diazepam even altho I told her how I'm feeling and gonna relapse on drink
I hate that I can't remember my childhood trauma (mostly) but also greatfyul it's just some little well big things I remember lland that the person wasn't meant to have that type of relationship with me. Cause I need to understand rather than have these random bouts of anger at like a man who's not real family but an uncle holding my baby niece I don't trust him and I went down the woods and punched a tree and my hand is fucked.

I'm beingpathetic and I don't give a fuck I'm shite at everything and I try my hardest. My music's shite I don't have any confidence in my ideas. My singer has left me and I don't feel comfortable with many people to share my ideas ....hope would be good if it produces results
But it never does with the confidence/abuse history stuff and I'm sick and tired of making delusional progress
Fuck working towards being anl recovery worker/music therapist I'm gonna take a baseball bat to someone that really done me dirty before I go myself I won't kill them I'll break their legs then do what I need to do before getting arrested ....even if I do get arrested and change my mind bout killing myself I don't care cause I can't achieve my dreams anyway. Fuck everything and eveyone. I sound like a big fucking child bratfucking br
Don't fit in anywhere fuck it all
I know I'm stupid for saying this and people who have real problems like running from war etc are the real motherfuckin' g's who deserve to be upset and whine like a baby.i mean I have it all really - a roof a safe place to stay a comfy bed a loving family benefits cause I'm a useless cunt who can't work.
Sick of making tunes and loving them then hating them I'm sick of fake fucking friends I don't have any of my real friends left ....well one but she just humours me like my family views me like the burden even in best intentions I know they care bout me but they don't understand. Music the only thing I have and I don't have the confidence to share my ideas I'm a total shitebag

Re thread: it's a right mind fuck loving your abuser I LOVE him and I really mean that .... I don't care what people think either cause it's easier not to love them I think I wish I didn't not comparing etc but I really wish it wasn't such a contradiction in my head and heart I want to chop my bottom half off sometimes and I feel like the biggest freak on this planet
While I'm at it. My fucking disgusting p.e. teacher Mrs C*****e who used to like watching me get changed whilst doing the register and (she a pretend lesbian.... well for an appetite for vulnerable teenage girls i.e. peado*****) she didn't help matters I fucking hate her. I hated swimming because I hated the feeling of getting out the pool because of her and the actual feeling of being wet in uniform for the rest of the day. I love swimming but hate the feeling after. I've always been funny out getting undressed in front of people even befor that so thank you you fucking beast for making me even worse. I still don't like getting naked. Well years ago I went the other way as a coping mechanism but now I'm back to being totally nun-like. I wish I could be mad at someone for abusing me but one that I do have memories I love too much and they're dead and the other I am not sure about....so can't prove it but I have a really funny feeling about my "uncle" and now I'm really confused as to whether the threat is still here or not I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me here. I know this won't make any sense but it does to me. I just get an icky feeling around that Bible bashing cunt. And I didn't like the way he was holding my niece....maybe I'm being paranoid or having a trauma response. Used to stay there as a child and I hated it but don't have any memories of sexual abuse at his hands although my "cousin" was obsessed with sex scenes from a very early age in films we were lnt maybe supposed to be watching that young that we use to sneak on the tape when nobody was around at theirs. I used to hate staying there and remember crying myself to sleep cause I had to use my doll as a pillow. He would come in and put the light off and say night girls that's all I remember. So I was very confused at my response - my gut feeling towards him after seeing him for the first time in years and years

I wish my family would understand and I didn't have to feel the shame but that's a dream that won't ever happen I couldn't hurt them anyway and if I can't understand it why would I expect them to. They'll never know I hope ...ifthey might already have an idea but just not know how to handle it ...like the lephant in the room
Hey Star I know you said you didn’t want anyone to respond and I’ll just make it short because I feel like I really don’t want to cross boundaries but really wanted you to know you are heard and seen. I have really bad PTSD & I just wanted you to know you have my empathy. We can be sooo hard on ourselves too. I believe you have great worth, it’s even in your name Star, because that’s what you are. I hope this isn’t a stupid suggestion but do you think there’s any way you could go to an emergency room & tell them that your flashbacks are giving you panic attacks and maybe they would give Valium or try to tell that to your psych doctor again but it sounds like she’s not listening. I don’t know I hope I’m making any sense anyways as I’ve been up all night avoiding night terrors.

Here with you listening as a sister in solidarity, please try to be gentle with yourself as much as possible
Sending you support, hope & a gentle hug 💜

Hey Star I know you said you didn’t want anyone to respond and I’ll just make it short because I feel like I really don’t want to cross boundaries but really wanted you to know you are heard and seen. I have really bad PTSD & I just wanted you to know you have my empathy. We can be sooo hard on ourselves too. I believe you have great worth, it’s even in your name Star, because that’s what you are. I hope this isn’t a stupid suggestion but do you think there’s any way you could go to an emergency room & tell them that your flashbacks are giving you panic attacks and maybe they would give Valium or try to tell that to your psych doctor again but it sounds like she’s not listening. I don’t know I hope I’m making any sense anyways as I’ve been up all night avoiding night terrors.

Here with you listening as a sister in solidarity, please try to be gentle with yourself as much as possible
Sending you support, hope & a gentle hug 💜
Yeah. I was wanting to reply as well earlier, but I read that too that she didn’t want responses but she probably just doesn’t want people to think she’s attention seeking. It seems like whenever people reach out with dark thoughts that people generally feel like they are just being dramatic and attention seeking.

There are those of us who understand the pain and torture mental health issues can bring though and we want to be there for support.