• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I told my mum about my father's abuse this morning

Eligiu

Moderator: TDS; Discord Sr. Staff
Staff member
Uh, yeah so. Look. I was high when I told her last year at the start of December I didn't want any phone, text, or social media contact with him, and I was high tonight. But fuck it, she knows. And I can't live with myself anymore being so guilty about making my dad feel bad, even if he is a cumstain, cause I fucking hate hurting people.

So basically I was in a lose lose situation. Feel like a bad person and blame myself for continually getting sexually assaulted, or feel like a bad person and blame myself for my cumstain sperm donor being upset that his dearest youngest upon which he visited a level of horror many people find sickening, has decided he doesn't want to speak with him at all.

But I fucking broke tonight. I have to go to Christmas at their place. The same goddamn place where he sexually assaulted me which made me remember so much stuff (not all of it) and having the shocking realisation that the pervasive sense of all encompassing fear I felt from being around him, as well as waking up feeling 'disgusting' and 'dirty' were cleary something more meaningful.

I would say the conversation went as well as it could have. I have no fucking clue as to how this is gonna go. She seems to believe me? When I was basically crying saying 'what the fuck have i got to gain from lying to you about this? Like what benefit do I get? And what am I fucking risking? All your financial support.

I think, because of witnessing me fall apart due to mentioning my dad which causes me to just repeat that I wasn't allowed to talk about it and he'll get mad that she actually sees that she is dealing with some real shit here.

I'll keep you all updated as this continues. I literally have no idea who is doing what and how with the family stuff. I told mum I can access all my psych ward records, or the 7 years I have been seeing a clinical psychologist (which still, until this very day she has thought has been due to bipolar. No mother. The psychiatrist is for bipolar. The developmental trauma disorder is treated by the clinical psychologist.

She seems to think it'll get better. I told her I haven't told her everything and then I started crying that she will choose my dad and not me, her son that her cumstain husband molested.

I just can't deal with her coming up to me every time I see her and asking for me to consider doing it. I told her about some of the drug use, the third degree burns. I don't know if she needs to know everything.

Also send a copy of the child protection file, which I guess is somewhat damning evidence.

It was gonna happen sometime I guess.

Hi I just saw this & want you to know you for sure are NOT alone. I went through similar. There wasn’t no reason I left home at age 14 & got involved with awful men that were even worse … that I had to literally escape & tried to murder me because I was apparently ‘property’. Im not trying to & will try to spare you my whole story because that’s not the point (plus it’s way too nuts and long for my first time responding to you & this is your post (I just really want you to know you are not alone) sorry anyways… but fast forward to years later & me trying to get back into touch with my family & my mom who is old school super tough. & always really hard on me because the whole narrative that I’m the fucked up one because psychologically I think that’s how she dealt with denial of how dysfunctional my family was. Anyways after years & years of repression, drug abuse to numb ect. one day me & her got into an argument & I just blurted it out. I couldn’t believe it when it came out of my mouth. She LOST it & tried to fist fight me, I refused to get physical back but we got in one of the biggest arguments I ever had with her & at the end she came up to me when I was sitting on the floor & said so what happened & I froze. But I told her about what happened some of the stuff with my ex ‘which obviously she knew a bunch but not all but she definitely knew he tried to murder me & some other stuff *but denial is her thing* then she said “no what else happened” & I just after her trying to fight me with already knowing my physical injuries & the insanity of the that day I was almost blanking out it was crazy so I just told her … I have memories & get night terrors about it but I’m not sure about everything I’m still trying to figure it out. She said fine okay I’m going to bed (she divorced my dad years ago, like I said it’s such a long story, but he still stays in touch with my brother & other family members & he tries to txt & call me sometimes but I keep him at ridiculously arm lengths distance. I’m still trying to figure it all out, in trauma therapy but after all my experiences with my ex abuse have trying to be trafficked & everything else it’s a huge mess of ‘what the hell trauma do I try to unpack & work on first while other memories have been coming through, night terrors & still trying to deal with physical injuries ect.

My mother has not spoke about it since that day , she probably never will again knowing her but I’ve seen her try to do nice things for me since … like sending me care packages & … just I don’t know it’s so crazy complicated. The reason I tell you any of this is if it can help you, but I truly hope it doesn’t make you feel worse. I just couldn’t read what you wrote & ignore ya.

It’s really really not your fault AT ALL. There’s literally physiologically responses that peoples body’s go into in these situations … fight, flight, freeze or faun. It’s almost out of control how we respond. Then there’s the un necessary guilt that I’ve never met one person that has dealt with this that does not go through … it’s bullshit what we’ve had to endure & its bullshit that we also have to carry the burden & guilt but after the years of being in groups of trauma survivors it’s the one thing I noticed we ALL carry the guilt (I still carry it). I wish I was in a better response so I could give you a better response I am still VERY much so a work in progress. I actually just got a book called ‘the body keeps the score’ the statistics in actually how common this is actually made me feel sick, I’ve actually had to put the book down, but I will return to it. But yea, my God I promise you it’s not your fault No matter what happened. Please try to be as gentle with yourself as you can, you are more brave and precious then you could ever imagine l promise you that.

I hope I didn’t go on too long & hope I didn’t mess up my response to you, you can always reach out to me in a pm if you need.

Sending you support, strength, hope & many prayers dear one
Gentlest of hugs to you 💜

Hi I just saw this & want you to know you for sure are NOT alone. I went through similar. There wasn’t no reason I left home at age 14 & got involved with awful men that were even worse … that I had to literally escape & tried to murder me because I was apparently ‘property’. Im not trying to & will try to spare you my whole story because that’s not the point (plus it’s way too nuts and long for my first time responding to you & this is your post (I just really want you to know you are not alone) sorry anyways… but fast forward to years later & me trying to get back into touch with my family & my mom who is old school super tough. & always really hard on me because the whole narrative that I’m the fucked up one because psychologically I think that’s how she dealt with denial of how dysfunctional my family was. Anyways after years & years of repression, drug abuse to numb ect. one day me & her got into an argument & I just blurted it out. I couldn’t believe it when it came out of my mouth. She LOST it & tried to fist fight me, I refused to get physical back but we got in one of the biggest arguments I ever had with her & at the end she came up to me when I was sitting on the floor & said so what happened & I froze. But I told her about what happened some of the stuff with my ex ‘which obviously she knew a bunch but not all but she definitely knew he tried to murder me & some other stuff *but denial is her thing* then she said “no what else happened” & I just after her trying to fight me with already knowing my physical injuries & the insanity of the that day I was almost blanking out it was crazy so I just told her … I have memories & get night terrors about it but I’m not sure about everything I’m still trying to figure it out. She said fine okay I’m going to bed (she divorced my dad years ago, like I said it’s such a long story, but he still stays in touch with my brother & other family members & he tries to txt & call me sometimes but I keep him at ridiculously arm lengths distance. I’m still trying to figure it all out, in trauma therapy but after all my experiences with my ex abuse have trying to be trafficked & everything else it’s a huge mess of ‘what the hell trauma do I try to unpack & work on first while other memories have been coming through, night terrors & still trying to deal with physical injuries ect.

My mother has not spoke about it since that day , she probably never will again knowing her but I’ve seen her try to do nice things for me since … like sending me care packages & … just I don’t know it’s so crazy complicated. The reason I tell you any of this is if it can help you, but I truly hope it doesn’t make you feel worse. I just couldn’t read what you wrote & ignore ya.

It’s really really not your fault AT ALL. There’s literally physiologically responses that peoples body’s go into in these situations … fight, flight, freeze or faun. It’s almost out of control how we respond. Then there’s the un necessary guilt that I’ve never met one person that has dealt with this that does not go through … it’s bullshit what we’ve had to endure & its bullshit that we also have to carry the burden & guilt but after the years of being in groups of trauma survivors it’s the one thing I noticed we ALL carry the guilt (I still carry it). I wish I was in a better response so I could give you a better response I am still VERY much so a work in progress. I actually just got a book called ‘the body keeps the score’ the statistics in actually how common this is actually made me feel sick, I’ve actually had to put the book down, but I will return to it. But yea, my God I promise you it’s not your fault No matter what happened. Please try to be as gentle with yourself as you can, you are more brave and precious then you could ever imagine l promise you that.

I hope I didn’t go on too long & hope I didn’t mess up my response to you, you can always reach out to me in a pm if you need.

Sending you support, strength, hope & many prayers dear one
Gentlest of hugs to you 💜

Thank you for your very thoughtful post. I am having some trouble seeing (thoughooting major whatever partner yo oppose the democrats. They post the party line to poison the name.

I mean it isn't like I have not just been strict by teacher white.

Idk. This know thing makes me infuriated. She keeps behaving more like at months so I'm feeling come back buy my QR choice \3% have slow or you wouldn't dout it.

Thank you for your very thoughtful post. I am having some trouble seeing (thoughooting major whatever partner yo oppose the democrats. They post the party line to poison the name.

I mean it isn't like I have not just been strict by teacher white.

Idk. This know thing makes me infuriated. She keeps behaving more like at months so I'm feeling come back buy my QR choice \3% have slow or you wouldn't dout it.

The facist you staked meet ranway gorge wacy each game in their 17-18 men , while they had to ball with his balls and because I feel like this isn't a first time. I just really i am stacking up in protection unless I can see a screenshot of last ted

Okay, so now for some relevant to your comment messages. Yara was never gonna be greatsword was to join the switched. For what he rowed, he reap many sows.

On a funny note though, this user seems to fit Marc in the laps there get to struggling they aren't the same

Uh, yeah so. Look. I was high when I told her last year at the start of December I didn't want any phone, text, or social media contact with him, and I was high tonight. But fuck it, she knows. And I can't live with myself anymore being so guilty about making my dad feel bad, even if he is a cumstain, cause I fucking hate hurting people.

So basically I was in a lose lose situation. Feel like a bad person and blame myself for continually getting sexually assaulted, or feel like a bad person and blame myself for my cumstain sperm donor being upset that his dearest youngest upon which he visited a level of horror many people find sickening, has decided he doesn't want to speak with him at all.

But I fucking broke tonight. I have to go to Christmas at their place. The same goddamn place where he sexually assaulted me which made me remember so much stuff (not all of it) and having the shocking realisation that the pervasive sense of all encompassing fear I felt from being around him, as well as waking up feeling 'disgusting' and 'dirty' were cleary something more meaningful.

I would say the conversation went as well as it could have. I have no fucking clue as to how this is gonna go. She seems to believe me? When I was basically crying saying 'what the fuck have i got to gain from lying to you about this? Like what benefit do I get? And what am I fucking risking? All your financial support.

I think, because of witnessing me fall apart due to mentioning my dad which causes me to just repeat that I wasn't allowed to talk about it and he'll get mad that she actually sees that she is dealing with some real shit here.

I'll keep you all updated as this continues. I literally have no idea who is doing what and how with the family stuff. I told mum I can access all my psych ward records, or the 7 years I have been seeing a clinical psychologist (which still, until this very day she has thought has been due to bipolar. No mother. The psychiatrist is for bipolar. The developmental trauma disorder is treated by the clinical psychologist.

She seems to think it'll get better. I told her I haven't told her everything and then I started crying that she will choose my dad and not me, her son that her cumstain husband molested.

I just can't deal with her coming up to me every time I see her and asking for me to consider doing it. I told her about some of the drug use, the third degree burns. I don't know if she needs to know everything.

Also send a copy of the child protection file, which I guess is somewhat damning evidence.

It was gonna happen sometime I guess.
You did a really brave thing and I hope it’s another step in your recovery.

I’m sure you hear this all the time but it wasn’t your fault. You did not deserve the abuse you suffered and I’m so sorry that you experienced it.

I hope you’ve good therapy to help you through it and venting on here will help get some thoughts out of your head.

I’m also sorry you have to spend Christmas in a place that holds so many bad memories for you. I don’t know your personal situation and obviously it would be best if you didn’t have to go there at all. I realise though, that sometimes we have no other options and the financial aspect can hold us to situations that aren’t in our best interest.

Try to use the tools you’ve learnt at therapy, take time alone for yourself in your room to centre yourself again or go for a walk and clear your head. We are always here for you and support you.

You keep telling yourself, you did not deserve this abuse and it is not your fault.

Sending love to you at this time, you will get through it. ❤️

So sorry for what you have endured and are still enduring.
I just wanted you to know that you are safe and supported here.
I wish for you to heal.
❤️

I just want him to say sorry and tell me why did have loads pretend to him his when why me? What did I deserve according to him to know this information.

I told much I said he needed to me as stripping a real than it a temporary long baby sane and so forth.

I actually am asexual more than bixuality but because asexuality in retrovert in a way double 6 have never both on something again. Me: WEEEEEE. Me sort GIANT PLAN. I hope your plan is able to be set up well.

My chest like this thing I would but drawn towanrs my that their words if something that would be charges. Please do

Inform me.

I just want him to say sorry and tell me why did have loads pretend to him his when why me? What did I deserve according to him to know this information.

I told much I said he needed to me as stripping a real than it a temporary long baby sane and so forth.

I actually am asexual more than bixuality but because asexuality in retrovert in a way double 6 have never both on something again. Me: WEEEEEE. Me sort GIANT PLAN. I hope your plan is able to be set up well.

My chest like this thing I would but drawn towanrs my that their words if something that would be charges. Please do

Inform me.
Well....I don’t think you are ever going to get an apology.
There is no apologizing for doing something that heinous.
He is a sick person.
Maybe he was abused too.
That kind of thing seems to be a cycle of abuse.
Break that cycle!

You have got to find someway to leave it behind you.
Pick up the pieces of your shattered psyche and become whole again.
This has not broken you.
You are still here and you are still fighting.
You are stronger than what has been done to your body.
I want you to know that.
You are.
Keep working on it and overcome.

I think it is a bad idea for you to return to the place of abuse.
I wouldn’t.
Not for Christmas. Not for anything.
It may not feel like it but you ARE in control now.
Control what you can.
Remember the serenity prayer.
God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change...

Courage to change the things I can,
And
Wisdom to know the difference.

Evil is rampant. It is lawless.
For now.

There is an End coming for the truly evil and for those who have no compassion.
They have traded their humanity for naught!

Disclaimer: I have no idea what came before the quoted post, and I don't laugh at people (only with them).

Was being sexually assaulted really that bad? If so, why didn't you object loudly enough for someone to stop it? If not, then why are you letting it define your life? Grief counseling actually increases suicide rates, you know (I cannot attest to the veracity of that particular statistic, but I have no argument with it).

I don't do grief counseling. Don't know what it is.

This is going to be very long, but if you can maintain your stance after reading it all, then I will know to avoid you in the future.

TW for other victims/survivors of CSA, and adult victims of sexual assault/rape. I will be including enough detail in this that if you will be triggered by it I must strongly suggest not reading it. However if you can, and you wish to know that there are people who believe you about your experiences, then it may be worthwhile.

Do you really think I had the ability as a child to prevent myself from being raped repeatedly?

Yeah, being sexually assaulted and abused is really that bad. There is a reason especially that people who experience parental incest are fucked up.

The reason it fucks you up is because it completely changes how your brain works. It's hard not to dwell on something when you get daily reminders of it.

When I get changed, I feel exposed. I feel like I did when I had that happen to me when I was going.

I wake up multiple times throughout the night screaming and moaning. When I lie on the bed, I can literally feel what happened to me happening again. It's been encoded on to my DNA. I become immediately fearful that my father will break down my front door and will come into my room and do what he always did.

I'm terrified of him because he told me if I told anyone that he would kill me, that's if I didn't get into trouble. He said no one would ever believe me, and everyone would tell me I was disgusting and dirty and that I wanted it, and I consented.

I told him every day that he did it, that I wanted him to stop. When he would still do it, there were times I went straight to my GP and I would be shaking from head to toe. I begged my dad to stop. On Christmas, 2016 when he groped my ass I spun around, hit his hands away, and I screamed in his face to never fucking do it ever again.

He told me that he is allowed to do that because that's just 'how he showed he loved me'

I begged him to stop the sexualised comments. And I bought myself a new lock which I put on the INSIDE of my bedroom door, since the one he installed for me was on the OUTSIDER (its almost like he is a creep)

I told him, to stop telling people how my FOURTEEN year old German exchange student had 'a massive rack, good for playing around with' as if he wasn't a 55 year old man saying that about a fucking CHILD.

I told him that I did not want to do the things that he made me do, but he told me I had to because that's how children show that they love their parents. I told him I didn't like it, it made me feel weird, uncomfortable, gross, and yucky.

He has ruined my fucking life dude. I am so glad that you think being sexually assaulted by a parent isn't bad, as if it's something one should look forward to. All I lived through for 20 years of my life was being endlessly violated and never feeling safe in his presence.

What part of being sexually assaulted would be nice? It's sexual assault. By definition, it is without consent.

The last time he did it to me, was my 27th birthday. We were at a nice Italian restaurant. My mum sat on my left of the square table, my brother say opposite me, and sperm donor sat on my right. He 'accidentally' spilled water, which went on my thick chinos and didn't cause an issue anyway. So what does he immediately do? Grab a very thin napkin, and proceeded to fully cop a decent 30-60 second feel of my genitals while my mother and brother discussed the menu.

There is no part of me which enjoys these repeated assaults, rapes, and the fact that I have been so effectively groomed that I told my behaviour support practitioner for therapy for my self harm related to this, that he only 'attemted' to fondle my crotch because I hit his arms away. I wanted Tom to think I defended myself. Cause otherwise I was afraid that he, like you, would make some kind of absurd statement that a victim/survivor of prolonged child sexual abuse would not be so effectively groomed and controlled that they have no ability to fight back.

When one of my friends tapped my ass one time, I spun round, grabbed his shirt, and almost punched him in the face and said 'dont you fucking do that cunt'

When the guys from lacrosse would hug my shoulder I would spin around, and frantically escape from them, kicking, biting, punching. But they would eventually subdue me and at that point I would go from shouting at them to 'fuck off and let me go' to them seeing me switch and then cry in front of everyone begging the person to let me go and not hurt me like they did the last time.

By the end, I would walk towards my sperm donors office to see my brother and mother and I would brainstorm ways in which I could avoid him groping me this right? Maybe if I only stood in the door way. Maybe if I sat down immediately, he wouldn't do it. Maybe if I didn't let him walk past me, he wouldn't do it.

It never worked. First, I would stop going to see him out of anger for a couple of months. But then my mum (to whom he is still married) would become sad at me distancing myself. So I would come over, terrified but hoping he has changed. And then he wouldn't do it that time! So I would tell the rehab psychologist who gave me free trauma sessions that my dad had finally changed and I was going to be fine. I'd thank him for his help, and I'd stop going. Then, after a couple weeks, or a month, I would walk into his office before the main group, shaking and dissociated. He would ask what happened the first times this happened, but eventually after this went on long enough, as soon as he saw me he would bring me into his office and go 'he started doing it again?'

One time, when I had to see my parents and go to their house which is so triggering that I can't even accept Christmas gifts presented as such from people, he asked what my strategy was and I just confidently went 'oh for seeing my dad? Well, see I'm trying something which seemed to work before from now on. I'm just gonna pretend he isn't doing it.'

After a month of missing meetings he just asked 'so how's that strategy working for you? From what I can guess not only is he still doing it but now you can't pretend he doesn't like you could before.

So here's the thing.

I was a pre-school child when I got raped. Do you think I should have done something to prevent my mid thirties sperm donor from doing that when he told me that I couldn't move and has to stay quiet or he would kill me? And that if I ever said anything to anyone, both me and him would go to jail, that's if anyone believed me and didn't just think I was disgusting.

I was 12 when he made me do other stuff. I told him I didn't want to, I said it made me feel weird and gross. I begged him not to make me do it, then he said he wouldn't make me, but that I wasn't what he wanted me to be (being gender non conforming) which made him upset, and that if I wanted to fix that I could do what I asked and then he would be proud of me, because it would show him I loved him. I have the most shame about this one, and I already think that I should have done more about it. You know, I was 12 - maybe I should have used my special forces combat training to protect myself, or pulled a Glock out from behind my back. The thing that you won't ever understand is that he was also incredibly verbally abusive to me and my brother at home, and at times physically, so I knew how mad he would get if I didn't do it. And the shitty thing is, he used my love for my dad against me, because the reason I did it was that I wanted him to tell me that he loved me, since he never really did. And then after, he said that I wasn't allowed to tell anyone or him and me would get into trouble again, and that again, people wouldn't believe me.

The sexual assaults started as a teenager. I relentlessly asked him not to do it but he told me over and over again, that he was allowed to because he was my father and he was just showing me that he loved me. You can imagine that now hearing the term 'I love you' can be triggering, and there was a long period of time where I couldn't allow friends to say that to me.

And again, when I was an adult I yelled at him to not do it, in front of THIRTY people. Not ONE person defended me, so I believed that I was alone. No one listened to me when I was a kid and told someone about what he did to me, the single time I did it, so I truly believed that people would see me as a liar my entire laugh.

When he would bust into my room I would run and slam the door shut again and yell at him not to perve on me.

You seem to be mistaking sexual actions which are consenting with those which are not. Not consentual sexual activities are not pleasant in the slightest, because your power, control, and your ability to be safe, in my case, are stolen from you.

Because of what he did to me, I still live with the trauma because he twisted how I thought about the world. I was a child, and my dad had done something to me which made me feel really bad, really gross, really weird, disgusting, and dirty. I felt like I was poisoned. If I touched another person, the sickness he put into me would spread. I believed him when he told me that no one would believe me, until I met someone who I thought would, and they didn't because they had met him and trusted him. They told me to stop making lies up about your dad. And because it was so ongoing, the issue became this - children need to be able to depend on their parents for not only safety but survival. Clearly, if I accepted what he had done to me being his fault, he would no longer be able to protect me. So I blamed myself. And I also figured that what happened to me was a really bad thing. And kids aren't that smart, see? To 5 year old me, good things happened to good people, and bad things happened to bad people.

What happened to me was very very bad. Possibly the worst thing that can happen to a child. So I was very very bad. And I still think this is true. No matter how much evidence to the contrary my brain, friends, and carers provide me with, all it takes is remembering what he did to me and that he won't ever accept that what he did was wrong, that he was 'only showing that he loved me' and he used my queerness and gender non conforming identity against me so that I would become one of the 56% of transexual people who report sexual abuse by a parent before the age of 13.

And you know, I struggled so much with telling people he still abused me as an adult. But after I yelled at him in front of everyone and no one helped me? Not even cousins to offer their support?

I realised there was nothing I could do about it, and it was inevitable. I gave up.

You have probably heard of the terms fight/flight/freeze/fawn? There is another stage, called collapse. It's what happens when an animal (or human) has been conditioned to experience horrific events so often that they simply do not only not fight back, but they accept the situation as their reality. Due to his position as my parent, I had a trauma bond with him.

Furthermore, I was, and remain, financially dependant on him, even though we didn't speak for a year, because he remains married to my mother.

Here's the real kicker. Without mums help with money? Homelessness. No psychologist for trauma. No psychiatrist for my psychotic bipolar. No financial help with my transition (and before you ask, no. Neither my mum, my brother, nor myself can figure out why he was happy to pay for that but he did what he did. He does still misgender me though, if that tells you anything. And unlike my mum who tells me how proud she is of me, him and I have an agreement not to talk about that. He didn't even use my chosen, legal name in his phone for 9 years). Without being able to transition, I would have killed myself.

I would like to ask you a question of your own, since I can only assume that you have never experienced any form of sexual violence, and if you have, you have seriously twisted it in your head as something pleasurable and maybe even your fault. And if that has been your experience I would truly urge you to seek help for that trauma because denying that something is traumatic only leads to more suffering.

But if I were to have mentioned the incidents where my father stormed into mine and my brother's room when we were 6 and 8 because we 'stayed up too late talking' and threatened to beat the shit out of us if we didn't immediately shut up, storm back out, slam the hallway door so loudly that the entire window in the frame shattered before then threatening my mum, and driving off in the car for an undefined amount of time as being something 'not that bad'? Should I have objected loudly, as a 6 year old child scared and crying in bed, who could hear his mother crying in the kitchen, terrified, at the fact that whenever he came back, he would proceed to shout at us again? And maybe this time would be when he finally beat us. He would always come back see, and sometimes he left us alone, but his favourite thing to do was come back in and yell at us that we weren't allowed to leave our rooms all night, for any purpose.

And when, in the morning, he would come in to see me and my brother both sleeping on the carpet because we had both pissed the bed, he would order us to strip off and wait in the bathroom while he took out our mattresses. Then, after ordering us both under the shower, he would blast us with freezing water and smirk and laugh at us as we cried and cried and begged him to stop. He would stop, and we would thank him, only for him to yell at us for pissing the bed and hit us with the water for another 20 min. Then he would call us disgusting and tell us to get dressed for school and stop crying because it pissed him off.

What about when he got mad at me for something he broke, pushed me against the wall and choked me, before punching the wall against my head until I pissed myself out of fear. I honestly think I didn't live in perpetual fear that this incident would be the time he actually hit me, that I probably wouldn't have pissed myself. Should I have thought that wasn't so bad? I mean being choked out by your dad then having him cause you so much fear that he is going to punch you in the face isn't really that bad.

And when he got pissed at me for hurting my knee so badly I couldn't walk so I was maybe gonna miss out on a soccer tournament him and mum already paid for, one where I would represent my state? He had a creative punishment for that one. Didn't take me to the physio, and didn't give me any crutches. I walked (lol, walked. No, I hopped intially then limped) around my school until the school asked what was wrong. I explained, and they gave me crutches to use at school. But I wasn't allowed to take them home. So I had to get 2km to and from school on foot.

And the times he literally ignored me for weeks? Well, at least he ignored me. But he also wouldn't let me eat anything but 2 minute noodles. I suppose I'm at least thankful that I fucking love 2 minute noodles.

The time I called him a hypocrite in front of a friend when he was criticising my game I just played? Threw my sandwich at my feet and told me to find my own way home. A 45 min drive away. I was 14, with no phone, no bus ticket, no money. The coach had to bring me home.

Or maybe his whole deal where he hated how much I cried and so he deliberately said awful things about me to 'toughen me up' like calling me a mistake, or just dumping me on the side of the freeway and coming back to check if I stopped crying. If I was crying, he left again. Eventually I just stopped crying. What was the point, anyway. Plus, at least now when I got bullied at school I could just go 'ha, you can't make me cry, my dad is much meaner than you, he calls me a mistake or leaves me places for hours. What are you gonna do? Tell me I smell?'

Would your reply to me about those instances of abuse be asking if it were really that bad? Being almost punched the head like that? Yelled at? Put in a situation where I repeatedly pissed my bed and was punished with ice cold showers? Bullied so relentlessly I have lost the ability to cry? Would you sit there and tell me I would have done more to stop it? That I would have, if I actually didn't like it?

Or is it just victims of sexual violence that you blame for their own trauma?

I could go on and on. And I have my doubts that you'll read this. You probably don't care to. It would be nice to have someone who blamed a survivor of parental incest (which like... Dude, that is such a bad look. I'm less offended that you said it, more in awe that you would put even your screen name to that statement). Was being sexually assaulted by your own father really that bad?' Yes, yes it was. 'Why didn't you say anything?' Because he has abused me so severely I am terrified of him. 'Why didn't you fight back?' You mean when I was a literal child? I would assume something to do with me being a child. I may be wrong though. You're right, maybe I could have used my enormous muscles to push off the 110kg man who was abusing me. And abusing my trust - I feel like you're missing a lot of that. I *trusted* him. I *wanted* to still have my dad. I was *desperate* for him to just stop one day and I could forget about it, but it never did. It continued. I cannot remember a period of my live from my earliest memories until I was 27 that was not filled with some kind of abuse. In fact even until presently, at 28, where he can just snap his fingers and I could be homeless.

No, the reason I wrote all this out (and in fact, the reason I can is that I've done extensive trauma therapy and depending on the day, I know that I shouldn't feel ashamed of being sexually abused as a child). He should, because he's a fucking pedophile. And in the most polite way possible, your comment reeks of sympathy for people like my father. Those poor men, who are accused of molesting their children and their good standing ruined.

Usually, people have a pretty personal reason for doing something like that. I don't want to hear yours, if you have one. I would much, much rather believe that you simply did not understand what you were saying is offensive to not just me, but every survivor of childhood sexual abuse that exists or has existed (because so many of us die early due to suicide and that has almost been my life end more than once), of whom the greatest proportion of substance use disorders exist out of any other demographic, who suffer from more homelessness than any other demographic.

And who, in this bizarre and cruel irony that you have so brilliantly illustrated and the reason I bothered to reply instead of report your comment, are not perceived as actual victims. And not only that, they are told that they should have enjoyed being raped by a grandparent, a father, a mother, an aunt, an uncle. Or raped by their older sibling.

Incest is far more common than most people like to believe, and the effects of it are so much more damaging than any other type of sexual abuse. The worse the sexual violation of the child, and the degree of trust between victim and perpetrator is the definiting tool of how 'fucked up' a person will be. I was extensively violated for basically my whole life, by my father.

I don't do grief therapy or whatever it is that you said. I do trauma therapy. It took me FIVE years after remembering everything (and yes, forgetting child sex abuse is common and this is reflected in studies, which are readily available online. Funny how the 'organisation against repressed memories of child sexual abuse' was founded by parents who had been accused of sexually abusing their children.) No one suggested to me that I had experienced that type of abuse, as an adult. I considered my father a dick, and I was scared of him for a reason I couldn't figure out, but it took until a friend at the end of 2017 after I remembered stuff asking me directly 'were you sexually abused' and me freezing up and almost having a panic attack then and there, only to manage to barely say 'I'm not allowed to talk about that' before rushing off to throw up in the bathroom, and panic about my friend knowing because I realised that I had said yes, in as many words.

So I would like to hope after reading this, which is admittedly a very long comment, that you may reconsider your position. I would forgive you for your previous statements if you did. My replies here have been all over the place. I had to use to be able to be strong enough to tell my mum, and apparently the second dose kind of knocked me around cause I got some stuff off a new source. The only reason I didn't overamp last night was listening to the dealer when he said to use a point less.

But this post is in defence of any survivors of child sexual abuse. Any adult victims of sexual assault. Any adult rape victims. Anyone who has had their power, control, and freedom violated by another person, and then asked 'but was it really so bad?'

I wrote the information out to see how you'll respond to it now that you have more details about how these things occured, given I'm one of the very few CSA survivors who can even type out their story in any kind of detail. Usually people like me never say anything because it's too painful. And, again, painted in brilliant irony by your poetic comment, that we will be blamed for it.

So I wrote this for any other survivors who might read your comments, so they know that there are people who support them.

Last edited:
What do you do, to help yourself, what helps/empowers you, if anything (seems posting on here, does?... can't erase the past, it haunts, but what do you do with anger - how do you deal with it?)
Have had my own issues, am curious for others to share their wisdom? 🌚

that pulling-pushing-self-deception pattern is some very real shit.
we are social animals and we behave on terms of social principles. We all have strings, some people just know exactly how to use them for their benefit.
take care of yourself and yourself foremost.

:heart6:

What do you do, to help yourself, what helps/empowers you, if anything (seems posting on here, does?... can't erase the past, it haunts, but what do you do with anger - how do you deal with it?)
Have had my own issues, am curious for others to share their wisdom? 🌚

I asked my mum to come over the following morning at 10am while my behaviour support practitioner was with me (he comes for 2 hours each week) because he is the person who knows the most about my trauma and my behaviour than anyone else due to his role.

He mediated the discussion. I think my mum is conducive to believing me, as she changed the plans for having Christmas at her and my dad's place after I told her why Christmas is so bad for me, because of him sexually assaulting me then in 2016 on Christmas Day. Also, she got very defensive when she misinterpreted something I said as saying my dad did something in specific, and I stated that I have *never* said he did that. However, she wasn't denying anything else I said. When I told her about a certain memory she got defensive over that, before I stopped her and said I have no proof of what the memory infers but asked her if she was with me 24/7 and she admitted she wasn't.

Tom was able to help me calm down a bit, which was good as it was a lot for her to take in and I do love her (in fact the main reason I have never told her about the sexual abuse since 2016 and even last year when I went no contact was due to not wanting her to know, and to protect her from that knowledge). Tom pointed out after he left that doing this was massive progress for me, because he never believed I would do this ever due to the complexity of my situation (my dad employs both her and my brother, and my brother has wanted to stand up for me for years but can't afford to lose his job or his house or he will be homeless with his wife). He pointed out that I don't have to carry the burden of protecting her anymore. She can make her own decisions now. I just have to hope that she makes the right one.

I agreed to do family therapy, on the provision that my brother is also there. Tom said that I need to be the person who chooses the therapist, because as my father is a legitimate narcissist (something I pointed out to my mum and she did agree with when I listed all the ways in which he met the criteria, not least his total inability to ever be wrong, or accept even the most slight of criticism).

I admitted that I continued to use drugs well past the point in time at which she thought I stopped, but never mentioned it because neither her nor my dad ever asked why I used (in fact my dad was always very quick to jump and state it was due to me being trans and it very rarely if ever was), and that even if they did ask, I wasn't nearly ready to talk about why at all. It took close to half a decade for me to tell my mental health professionals and closest friends for the first time due to a life of never being believed. So I told her about using heroin and meth. I didn't say I'm an IV user, but I likely will during family therapy.

Tom helped her understand that people with my kind of behaviour (self harm of many kinds, drug use, recurring suicide attempts) and my symptoms of cPTSD (which he asked if my mum now knew about since me and her speaking) like not being able to trust people is directly in line with everything I have disclosed to him. He even pointed out that I don't even fully trust him, and he notices that I am constantly prepared for him to tell me that I'm too much work, and that I have incredibly low self esteem which is evidenced in how I don't understand why people like him and my GP are so nice to me.

I explained to her how my GP (who also treats her, my dad, and my brother) suspected that I was abused since early 2016 when my drug problem became really severe during when I was homeless. I explained I decided to be homeless when my dad kicked my brother out after finding a bag of weed in his room that I couldn't stick around in the house without my brother there to protect me, and lied to her and dad about it so that she didn't worry, then told her that it was all this which was why I barely had any contact with her and dad until late 2018, when I needed their help financially - my dad has always been quick to help with money, he once told me when I was distraught about something that he 'wasn't your emotional support just your financial support, go away and bother your mum' after asking why I was standing in front of him crying. When I raised that comment, I pointed out how when she spoke to dad about him saying that and how he tried to explain it away as him 'just not being that good at helping emotionally as he's never been good at that but he can help financially, and I might get what I need from mum because he didn't want to fuck it up' I told mum that if he had actually just said that, I probably never even would have remembered that interaction and in fact doing that would have even been helping me. I told her that the moment he said that to me, the absolute last shred of any emotional connection with him I had vanished and I promised myself I would just do what he asked, and only bother him if I needed money or something bought for me. Then I pointed out that statement is why when last year he began showing the only emotional interest in my life since birth I was uncomfortable and suspicious because I was just doing what he said for me to do, and he didn't seem to take issue with that for close to a decade.

Me and mum agreed on family counselling, but I said my brother had to come and be there every time (which he had already assured me he would, alongside saying that if I chose to ever bring this all out that he would be right next to me whichever choice I made). Tom said that it would be vital that that happens, and that I need to be the person choosing the therapist which is good because I know of someone perfect who specialises in helping perpetrators accept responsibility for their actions.

I explained to mum that dad can fix this - I am a very forgiving person, and I always have been. I don't tend to hold grudges. I pointed out that not many who have had that done to them by a parent would be willing to sit down with them and talk about the abuse, but I desperately want my dad in my life. *my* dad, not a replacement dad. I want the dad who I have good memories of. Me and mum agreed there were good times. I just pointed out that while the good times were really good, the bad times for me were horrific.

Basically the reason I'm agreeing to do the therapy is that either outcome is good for me. If he apologizes and takes responsibility for what he did, says it wasn't my fault, and it was wrong of him - that he won't ever do it again and he is truly sorry about the impact it has had on my life, then I can move forward (tentatively, of course) with a new relationship with him.

If he gaslights me more, denies it (a very real possibility), tries to blame me, and calls me a liar (I pointed out an example of him gaslighting me and saying I lie, make things up, and my memories can't be trusted as an example of why he spent time doing that through my life as the goal was specifically so that if I *ever* did what I just did, I wouldn't be believed, so that was a plan he pre considered). If that happens, then mum has the chance to choose between me and him. I said that I can't have any contact between, see, or hear about the person who did this to me or I will be dead in the next decade. I can only heal from it if I have an apology with all that entails, or complete seperation.

If he apologizes and takes responsibility, I genuinely believe that the anger I have towards him that I direct at myself will largely be resolved. Not entirely, I'll still have some work to do, but it needs to happen.

Everyone is different, some people just prefer to completely cut a person off. But I want to fix this g's between me and my dad, if I can. I'm desperately jealous of people who have good or even normal relationships with their dads.

I hope you can figure out what you need soon.

It really fucks us up. The shame and embarrassment. If I told my dad I was abused, he would probably disown me. He would for sure look at me differently. It sucks being shunned because of the abuse I went thru...

I have a suspicion there's a lot more people on this forum that have been abused. It's ok, friends. I <3 you.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

We all end up drug addicts. We just want to numb ourselves...

I wish the best for you, OP.

I have so many questions I want to ask you, because I've finally found people that have had childhood trauma, too. I'm going to keep them to myself, though. I'm just glad i'm in your Prescence. I have your back, OP. And anyone else out there feel free to pm me, if you need to talk. I'm here. :)

I wish the best for you, OP.

I have so many questions I want to ask you, because I've finally found people that have had childhood trauma, too. I'm going to keep them to myself, though. I'm just glad i'm in your Prescence. I have your back, OP. And anyone else out there feel free to pm me, if you need to talk. I'm here. :)

Thanks, I have your back too. And anyone else who experienced this type of abuse and was told over and over that they would never be believed and the world would think them a liar.

I guess I sort of just fell apart. I've been carrying the guilt of the whole family myself for so long, and I was being made to feel worse for doing that.

It's actually sort of incredible that I was able to keep myself together longer while he was still sexually assaulting me, but I'd reached a point of complete shut down about it versus when my mum (accidentally) constantly made me feel guilty about not wanting him to ever contact me, except for at family events (at which he always managed to seat himself next to me).

She told me he has been drinking a lot. To be frank, I don't know whether that's because he is genuinely sad and is somehow so oblivious as to why I don't want him contacting me, or he is beginning to realise that his reputation may crumble at any time. What will happen will happen. I'm far less interested in pressing charges than I am fixing things if he apologises properly.

You can inbox me and ask me any questions you want, if you are not comfortable posting them for the public to see.

It really fucks us up. The shame and embarrassment. If I told my dad I was abused, he would probably disown me. He would for sure look at me differently. It sucks being shunned because of the abuse I went thru...

I have a suspicion there's a lot more people on this forum that have been abused. It's ok, friends. I <3 you.
Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

We all end up drug addicts. We just want to numb ourselves...

You don't need to start with telling a parent. The first person I told was a then friend (the one who asked me if I was sexually abused) and my GP. Plus the psychologist who gave me free trauma sessions when I was in such avoidance about my cPTSD that I literally walked out of the trauma screening session.

Are you seeing anyone for your trauma now? If so, do they have speciality in the area you need?

Some of my best healing came from attending a 'survivors and mates support network' 8 week trauma course then attempting monthly catch up meetings with other guys who survived CSA. The group was also trans men inclusive and when I saw that I immediately applied, and when I got a call I begged them to let me join.

Connecting with those guys has been truly healing.

BL was my 1st time I shared. The only time i've seen a psychiatrist is when I went to the mental ward for suicide attempts.

I'll have to look into these groups you speak of. By no means am I healed and I don't want to lose my kids , again.

Ah, well my group is local based, and only runs in Australia in certain states. However I was helping a friend search for groups to help survivors of physical abuse near him and it became very apparent that shockingly none exist for any type of abuse other than child sexual abuse really! I find that really bad, because people who experienced different types of abuse should also be able to experience a group like that.

I would start by just looking up on Google 'CSA survivor group (location)' and you will be required to specify gender as to my understanding all groups are generally gender segregated.

Hopefully you can find one that is free, and nearby. The reason I found them so good was as I found out, when I finally disclosed to a select group of friends who had been telling me I could trust them for years, the most they could still really muster up was 'im sorry' and the thing is, I hear that a lot and its just not what survivors are looking to hear, which I am sure you know.

I wanted to talk to someone who *got it* but I specifically did NOT want my friends to *ever* be able to 'get it' at all.

When I went to this group? I found that. All the weird shit I thought was just my coolness? They did that. Trust issues? Yeah all of them. Just, so so many things.

And being able to sit in that room at the monthly meetings and know every single male who walked through those doors was safe? I became able to trust men again. Some.

It isn't everyone's cup of tea, and if they are pressuring you to talk feel free to try one somewhere else.

You can also look up NGO services in your area which might provide government funded specialist CSA counselling.

In terms of regular therapy idk, if you can afford it then try a clinical psychologist with experience in cPTSD or developmental trauma. If you see someone who doesn't understand that it's honestly a huge waste of time.

Ah, well my group is local based, and only runs in Australia in certain states. However I was helping a friend search for groups to help survivors of physical abuse near him and it became very apparent that shockingly none exist for any type of abuse other than child sexual abuse really! I find that really bad, because people who experienced different types of abuse should also be able to experience a group like that.

I would start by just looking up on Google 'CSA survivor group (location)' and you will be required to specify gender as to my understanding all groups are generally gender segregated.

Hopefully you can find one that is free, and nearby. The reason I found them so good was as I found out, when I finally disclosed to a select group of friends who had been telling me I could trust them for years, the most they could still really muster up was 'im sorry' and the thing is, I hear that a lot and its just not what survivors are looking to hear, which I am sure you know.

I wanted to talk to someone who *got it* but I specifically did NOT want my friends to *ever* be able to 'get it' at all.

When I went to this group? I found that. All the weird shit I thought was just my coolness? They did that. Trust issues? Yeah all of them. Just, so so many things.

And being able to sit in that room at the monthly meetings and know every single male who walked through those doors was safe? I became able to trust men again. Some.

It isn't everyone's cup of tea, and if they are pressuring you to talk feel free to try one somewhere else.

You can also look up NGO services in your area which might provide government funded specialist CSA counselling.

In terms of regular therapy idk, if you can afford it then try a clinical psychologist with experience in cPTSD or developmental trauma. If you see someone who doesn't understand that it's honestly a huge waste of time.

Thank you! I'm starting to gain more confidence about sharing my cPTSD. Just knowing there's others help a lot. The bad part is I feel like everyone looks at me differently. I'm damaged goods...

Thank you! I'm starting to gain more confidence about sharing my cPTSD. Just knowing there's others help a lot. The bad part is I feel like everyone looks at me differently. I'm damaged goods...
No way you’re not damaged goods, I promise. There’s this thing called Kintsugi- it’s the Japanese art of repairing broken pottery by mending the areas of breakage with lacquer dusted or mixed with powdered gold, silver or platinum.

They end up looking beautiful & I relate it to PTSD & healing. I wish I could explain it better but I’m having a kinda tough night. But look up Kintsugi these pieces of pottery end up even more beautiful after have being broken & mended back with the gold, silver or platinum 💜