• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

I think meth abuse damaged my gut microbiome.

eduznzncer

Greenlighter
Hi. I was reading something about how meth can damage the gut microbiome, thing that maybe happened to me for using too much of it. One day I found that I had IBS symptoms every day, so one day I decided to continue taking my medicine called olanzapine, which I did not know it could cure the IBS, thing that did so well after the second day. What I did later was to buy the most potent probiotic supplement (300 billions cells) and take it, I got 60 pills, one every day. That was few time ago when I finished taking the probiotics, hoping to have repaired the gut and hoping not to have the IBS symptoms when if for a reason some day I stop taking olanzapine. I have been taking olanzapine, and training myself to not to be depended on it, so maybe I can stop it in the future, and find no IBS symptoms because I supposedly repaired the gut microbiome with the big bomb of probiotics recently taken. English not my best, worked hard, thanks. Dude I really hope that the probiotics worked.

Which pro biotics did you use?

I actually tried 2 products found on amazon online store, one was 60 billion, which I tried for one month, and later I found the 300 billion number, and tried it 2 months. I don't know if I should continue taking more probiotics, maybe what I have done so far is big enough, but I dont know. The brand of 300 billion is Dmeisy, the other one I dont remember, it surely is something generic, all I can do is to hope that was enough. Thanks.

Hi. I was reading something about how meth can damage the gut microbiome, thing that maybe happened to me for using too much of it. One day I found that I had IBS symptoms every day, so one day I decided to continue taking my medicine called olanzapine, which I did not know it could cure the IBS, thing that did so well after the second day. What I did later was to buy the most potent probiotic supplement (300 billions cells) and take it, I got 60 pills, one every day. That was few time ago when I finished taking the probiotics, hoping to have repaired the gut and hoping not to have the IBS symptoms when if for a reason some day I stop taking olanzapine. I have been taking olanzapine, and training myself to not to be depended on it, so maybe I can stop it in the future, and find no IBS symptoms because I supposedly repaired the gut microbiome with the big bomb of probiotics recently taken. English not my best, worked hard, thanks. Dude I really hope that the probiotics worked.
Regards to prebiotics or probiotic it's not the quantity that matters it's that live bacteria survive your stomach and reach the gut alive.

Which country are you based in?

I've used loads of different pre/pro biotics and the only one that has done anything is by symprove.

Hmmm…I bet my benzedrex abuse last year did the same thing. How do you tell? The reason I wonder is because I used ALOT and used the Pepsi method with all that lavender and menthol…ick…never touching it again.

And I read somewhere that if edibles don’t work for you try a probiotic and a lot of times they work…so makes me think my gut is fuckex up because edibles haven’t been working.

I actually tried 2 products found on amazon online store, one was 60 billion, which I tried for one month, and later I found the 300 billion number, and tried it 2 months. I don't know if I should continue taking more probiotics, maybe what I have done so far is big enough, but I dont know. The brand of 300 billion is Dmeisy, the other one I dont remember, it surely is something generic, all I can do is to hope that was enough. Thanks.
Make sure to store them in the fridge after opening if you didn't already know that

you should never buy probiotics that aren't refrigerated at all - nevermind putting them in after opening them

you're better off eating kimchi and drinking kefir

Symprove is the only probiotic drink that's ever worked for me. It's been tested to reach the gut alive as you must take it first thing upon waking up and wait a bit before even drinking water. You must store it in the fridge, if you're in the UK definitely give a try, it's a little on the pricey side but worth it.

I agree with Mr Krinkle, kefir is great and delicious, non pasteurised sauerkraut is nice at small amounts and kimchi too but only if you can handle spice as the op mentioned IBS

Olanzapine doesn't cure IBS. Meth can probably damage your gut microbiome, as well as not sleeping which will effect your gut biome, you probably will be over/under doing your nutrition. It's probably partly in your head. Meth also works on serotonin which is kind of gut-based. So it's probably that. It's possible also to have IBS from meth use but it should clear up after a few weeks of NOT using.

May I ask why you're taking Olanzapine? That's the shit they gave me when I went to the ER after trying to commit suicide and I'm not manic/schizophrenic/bipolar and that shit was the reason they kept me in there for almost two weeks because for some reaso they decided it would be fun to inject me with the stuff everytime I acted out. And you get a guy like me who's not at home with his wife and at the time my wife was visiting her parents so she had stayed on the phone with me when I called and during my "episodes" and told me the nurses reported to her that I was flipping heavy tables and throwing chairs and scaring the shit out of everyone and even the officer was terrified and I told her why they didn't just kill me and that was a slip on my part but she knows that I've been suicidal ever since this last time I relapsed and the meth or lack of meth for better word whatever they are putting in this garbage has destroyed my bones and my ability to have a normal life and be active and work out blah blah blah anyways back to the Olanzapine.. what the hell is the purpose of this drug and why would they give someone like me something like that if they clearly saw that it just got me fucking mad as hell ? Im curious because I have 3 month prescription waiting to be picked up and I wanna see how fast I can fuck my life up right now by filling the prescription. That's what my wife worries about now it's not so much the meth use she checks my gym bag to see if I got the prescription filled because I wanna see how crazy and aggressive this stuff gets me. Is this for manic people or people looking to have the cops shoot them to death cuz I might get it filled just so I can let it bring me to my end! Cuz two failed suicide attempts really gets to you.. I can't fail a third time! I mean it's not my marriage at all not the 2nd time around my wife is amazing but I feel like staying alive for loved ones is great sure but what he fuck is a 37 year old doing when he can't work out and look good? When he can't GO TO WORK BECAUSE PHYSICALLY HE'S GLUED TO THE BED. I mean sure I'm lucky I have a woman like my wife who doesn't care about all the stuff who doesn't care about my looks or money God bless her heart but I FUCKING DO! And at the end of the day I'm not trying to be selfish but I'm a fucking man. I don't feel right if I'm not providing/going to work. I've cherished spending time with her it's been beautiful.. but I'm still human. I feel fucking lost and insecure when I'm losing muscle and I can't be active like I once was my well being is fucking shot out man I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do or how I'm supposed to cope and nobody has the fucking answer and I just FUCKING CAN'T ANYMORE MAN!

May I ask why you're taking Olanzapine? That's the shit they gave me when I went to the ER after trying to commit suicide and I'm not manic/schizophrenic/bipolar and that shit was the reason they kept me in there for almost two weeks because for some reaso they decided it would be fun to inject me with the stuff everytime I acted out. And you get a guy like me who's not at home with his wife and at the time my wife was visiting her parents so she had stayed on the phone with me when I called and during my "episodes" and told me the nurses reported to her that I was flipping heavy tables and throwing chairs and scaring the shit out of everyone and even the officer was terrified and I told her why they didn't just kill me and that was a slip on my part but she knows that I've been suicidal ever since this last time I relapsed and the meth or lack of meth for better word whatever they are putting in this garbage has destroyed my bones and my ability to have a normal life and be active and work out blah blah blah anyways back to the Olanzapine.. what the hell is the purpose of this drug and why would they give someone like me something like that if they clearly saw that it just got me fucking mad as hell ? Im curious because I have 3 month prescription waiting to be picked up and I wanna see how fast I can fuck my life up right now by filling the prescription. That's what my wife worries about now it's not so much the meth use she checks my gym bag to see if I got the prescription filled because I wanna see how crazy and aggressive this stuff gets me. Is this for manic people or people looking to have the cops shoot them to death cuz I might get it filled just so I can let it bring me to my end! Cuz two failed suicide attempts really gets to you.. I can't fail a third time! I mean it's not my marriage at all not the 2nd time around my wife is amazing but I feel like staying alive for loved ones is great sure but what he fuck is a 37 year old doing when he can't work out and look good? When he can't GO TO WORK BECAUSE PHYSICALLY HE'S GLUED TO THE BED. I mean sure I'm lucky I have a woman like my wife who doesn't care about all the stuff who doesn't care about my looks or money God bless her heart but I FUCKING DO! And at the end of the day I'm not trying to be selfish but I'm a fucking man. I don't feel right if I'm not providing/going to work. I've cherished spending time with her it's been beautiful.. but I'm still human. I feel fucking lost and insecure when I'm losing muscle and I can't be active like I once was my well being is fucking shot out man I don't know what the fuck I'm supposed to do or how I'm supposed to cope and nobody has the fucking answer and I just FUCKING CAN'T ANYMORE MAN!
It's usually the first drug of choice for treatment of meth psychosis. But it can be very full on and disabling. Have you tried seeing a different psychiatrist if you have the option? It's not for everyone, especially in higher doses. You'd probably struggle keeping a full-time job on it. Your wife sounds like a sweetheart. Things will get better but please do actively seek out help. The mental health system does what it can and it's not perfect but you gotta find something to hold on for. There's better medications than olanzapine as well.

is olanzapinr an atypical? I know abilify and vraykar are but dunno how effective they are. Abilify I know has a very small side effect profile compared to older anti-psychotics. Can’t say much on vraylar as it caused me to be very aggressive and I’m not aggressive in that sense naturally unless necessary and vraylar caused me to have akathisia and gave me acne at 40 AND one bonus tho is it made me like teenage boy again if you know what I mean. I’m pretty sure it was I teasing my testosterone somehow but haven’t seen anything stating it can do that.

Yet, acne, extremely heightened libido, and aggression all sound like too much T

Alright this is something I’ve dove into a fair amount. As someone who had their gut biome annihilated by chemo, I started trying to figure out how to repair it. I was someone that used to drink a kombucha a day but after chemo even a sip had me crying to god to make the pain stop. My friend is a researcher into gut microbiome too so I had some help.

First thing most important. If your gut biome is destroyed do not just start downing probiotics of any kind in hopes of repopulating it. It doesn’t work like that, and can actually be detrimental to your progress.

Don’t consume probiotics but instead focus of prebiotic containing foods and high fiber fruits and veggies. Steadily eat healthy. It took me a couple years but now I can once again eat a yogurt or kombucha without being in immense physical pain.

-GC

Alright this is something I’ve dove into a fair amount. As someone who had their gut biome annihilated by chemo, I started trying to figure out how to repair it. I was someone that used to drink a kombucha a day but after chemo even a sip had me crying to god to make the pain stop. My friend is a researcher into gut microbiome too so I had some help.

First thing most important. If your gut biome is destroyed do not just start downing probiotics of any kind in hopes of repopulating it. It doesn’t work like that, and can actually be detrimental to your progress.

Don’t consume probiotics but instead focus of prebiotic containing foods and high fiber fruits and veggies. Steadily eat healthy. It took me a couple years but now I can once again eat a yogurt or kombucha without being in immense physical pain.

-GC
So would prebiotics be like sourkraut? What are others?

I have no idea and just know yogurt and cottage cheese are great. I'd guess probably a little once a day in the morning but idk. Sounds weird to eat it before bedtime. Somebody will chime in here I'm sure

Eat cottage cheese every single day if you want. Every single night before going to bed because it's a slow digesting protein.. great for your body to recover and stay anabolic!

"Casein is a slow digesting protein. Protein in general is important for muscle building and recovery. “Protein ingested prior to sleep is effectively digested and absorbed during overnight sleep, thereby increasing overnight muscle protein synthesis rates,” reports the National Institutes of Health (NIH)."

So cottage cheese has casein in it that's why it's ideal and better than yogurt but I myself love Greek Yogurt because it tastes amazing! I personally love the Greek Gods brand honey or honey vanilla but I'm sure that's probably not the healthiest cuz the sugar content maybe but I don't care it tastes good and it's still yogurt lol there are worse options out there