• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

I think I've had (somewhat?) uncommon physical side effects from weed and meth

here is a google description of tension headache "The most common type of headache is a tension headache, which feels like someone is pressing on or squeezing your head"... if google says it, i think you should be okay to describe it that way.

here is a google description of tension headache "The most common type of headache is a tension headache, which feels like someone is pressing on or squeezing your head"... if google says it, i think you should be okay to describe it that way.
so do you disagree with Frog Dreams saying that doctors wouldn't take that description seriously?

maybe that's what you want deep down and you are just giving yourself the headaches like how people take placebos. lol

Do you grow your product yourself?
If not, do you wash your product?
I used to grow it myself. Back then I still got the same exact type of pain.

The pain has gotten worse over the years but the type of pain has always been the same

so do you disagree with Frog Dreams saying that doctors wouldn't take that description seriously?
i think if you said you had scoliosis at whatever age, then yes, they will take you seriously because the spine will age as you get older and there are ways to excersise that might help. i actually built up a great deal of strength in my back and can do drugs that i couldn't do a couple years ago since my injury has healed.... it's your primary care physicans jobs to inform you how to keep your body healthy, so if you have a good one they will at least try to help you... like probably won't be into giving you an MRI scan cause it costs so much, but if they have a cost free solution, then yes, they will try to help you

i think if you said you had scoliosis at whatever age, then yes, they will take you seriously because the spine will age as you get older and there are ways to excersise that might help. i actually built up a great deal of strength in my back and can do drugs that i couldn't do a couple years ago since my injury has healed.... it's your primary care physicans jobs to inform you how to keep your body healthy, so if you have a good one they will at least try to help you... like probably won't be into giving you an MRI scan cause it costs so much, but if they have a cost free solution, then yes, they will try to help you
I specifically meant the part about describing it as my "brain being squeezed"

Frog Dreams thinks doctors would stop taking me seriously the moment I utter those words

That's not what I said.
Is "when I smoke weed" not precisely the context of what all of us are talking about?
The entire visit to the doctor would be to find out why I've had this adverse reaction to weed.

That's not what I said.
if the doctor is smart they will take the weed complaint seroiusly because it's uncommon to happen... if they really had scoliosis a doctor might be able to help them because back pain totally relates to some types of headaches... i know people can just make up symptoms too... but if they honestly had scoliosis, i think they might want to check up on their posture and give them some excersises cause if the back was getting weaker, it can get stronger esspecially at the OP's age...

maybe the doctor will say their headache is not related to their back, i really am not an expert, i only know what has gone on with me and what i've read and doctors have told me...

the whole scoliosis thing is what i'd really check about. say you are worrying about that and you think it could be related to marijuana headaches. i don't think they will judge you in this day where weed is getting to be so common.

What is the point of investigating if you're not going to smoke weed anymore?

Are you afraid that there is something physically wrong with your brain, beyond when you're using weed? If so, they will be able to find it. Not sure how mentioning weed will help.

Don't get me wrong, you should be able to mention weed... but doctors will probably be less likely to help you if you do.

What is the point of investigating if you're not going to smoke weed anymore?

You could just call it curiosity. It's a strange enough issue that part of me just really wants to know what the hell has been going on.

I get the curiosity thing. Although the curiosity is probably driven by fear.

Determining the cause may be long and expensive. I had three MRIs and they still couldn't determine 100% if I have trigeminal neuralgia. The overall cost was well over a thousand, maybe two thousand AUD... In the end they said they would have to biopsy my trigeminal artery while I was having an episode.

If the sensation you're describing only happens when you consume weed, it's going to be difficult to scan for it.

If you get a cranial MRI, they typically need you to do another one 3/6 months later to compare it... but the scans may not work if you're not stoned when you get at least one of the scans.

In the end I gave up. My symptoms are much worse than yours. Half of my face goes completely numb and it feels like a red hot poker is being forced into my right temple.

I highly suspect it is trigeminal neuralgia, but I don't know. I have accepted that I'll never know.

Even if I did know, then what? Nothing I can do about it, anyway.

Same thing with celiac disease. They've tested for it three times and the results are inconclusive. I could keep testing for it, or I could just stop eating bread.

google "can exercise help scoliosis"

"Strengthening exercises build muscle strength and endurance in your core to slow the progression of the spinal curve and reduce scoliosis-related pain and discomfort. Many scoliosis exercises can be used at any age, but the goals and techniques are often age-specific."

"
Frog Dreams said:
Even if I did know, then what? Nothing I can do about it, anyway."

if you really have scolioiss and this is a problem where you can build your spine to be better, i wouldn't let someone that is disgruntled about their condition being worse telling you not to better yourself... maybe the doctor can't help you and your marijuana use days are over, but they are definitely gonna give you some suggestions to excersise if you've been diagnosed with scoliosis... maybe weed isn't for you, but if you're worried about your health, scoliosis is definitely something to take care of it can get worse and turn into arthritis i was just reading... so even if it's not for the weed, you might want to try to keep your spine as healthy as possible with some light excersise.

maybe weed isn't for you, but if you're worried about your health, scoliosis is definitely something to take care of it can get worse and turn into arthritis i was just reading... so even if it's not for the weed, you might want to try to keep your spine as healthy as possible with some light excersise.
The "Nothing I can do about it, anyway" is in reference to the weed issue.
I definitely agree that the scoliosis thing is worth trying to get help with

@foodcrisis

I was describing my journey with MRI scans.

Scoliosis is extremely easy to diagnose and doesn't require repeatedly undergoing expensive scans.

I'm not discouraging a scoliosis diagnosis. I have scoliosis.

At a certain level of severity it can be diagnosed pretty accurately without scans because you can see the spine curving with your eyes.

No point mentioning brain being squeezed when stoned when going down this path, IMO.