• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

I think I've had (somewhat?) uncommon physical side effects from weed and meth

Sicnoo

Bluelighter
There are these two side effects I've experienced that have confused me for years.
I've smoked weed from the age of 14 until about two weeks ago. I recently quit weed because of a really uncomfortable physical sensation from weed that slowly got worse over the years.

For the first few years of smoking weed I never had this weird uncomfortable physical sensation. Those really were the good days; I genuinely wish I could still enjoy weed. Nowadays the physical pain and discomfort I get from smoking makes it completely not worth it anymore to smoke any amount of weed at all. It's that bad.

Basically, I'd describe the physical discomfort like this:

It feels like the back side of my brain is being squished, almost like if someone was squeezing my brain with their hands. I've only ever felt this feeling due to smoking weed; nothing else has ever caused this sensation.

Sometimes if I smoked a lot I would also get a sensation on my nasal bone at the same time as the feeling in the back of my brain. It basically feels like someone is pushing their finger against my nasal bone, with the strength of a toddler.

Very rarely I would also get a physical sensation in the front of my brain, too. The most common effect was always the pain in the back of my brain, though.

Sometimes while experiencing the pain in the back of my brain I would occasionally get these really weird involuntary head movements.
Additionally, the pain in the back of my brain would always make it feel very uncomfortable to have my head turned for a prolonged period of time.

That's pretty much all I have to share as far as weed.

I've only done meth a handful of times in my life.

My first time with meth I snorted it. The next day, I woke up with a really uncomfortable pain in my tongue that made it really painful to swallow anything. This pain lasted for about half a week.

I know for a fact that I wasn't biting or picking at my tongue at all. I tried looking at google images to see what type of condition looked like what I had but none of them really resembled what I had. Mine were little mountain-shaped bumps with pointy white tips all over my tongue. Each one was about the size of a grain of rice. I didn't get them anywhere except my tongue.

What I noticed is that if I put some water in my mouth and kept it there for a while the pain would somewhat go away very quickly until I either swallowed the water or spat it out.

The next time I tried meth I smoked it, and I still got the exact same pain in my tongue and it lasted the same amount of time. So no matter whether I smoked it or snorted it I would always get this pain in my tongue.

One time I tried squeezing one of the little mountain-shaped bumps to see if it hurt, and yes it hurt. They were definitely the most sensitive spots on my tongue and they were probably the source of the overall tongue pain that would always last a few days. If I remember correctly, the pain went away completely at about the same time that the bumps disappeared, about three days after using the meth. If I remember correctly, the pain would only ever begin the day after smoking/snorting, never the day of smoking/snorting.

I'm fairly certain that weed and meth are the only substances I've ever had physically uncomfortable side effects from. I've done ecstasy and had zero problems. Same goes for cocaine.

The meth thing might not really be all that uncommon but I do really want to know what exactly was happening to my tongue. I don't think it was ulcers but I could be wrong.

I'm very curious as to whether anyone else has experienced the physical pain in the back of the brain that I described earlier from smoking weed.

Yeah I'm experiencing it now, but it isn't pain for me because I'm not afraid of it... then again, we could be talking about different things. Sounds remarkably similar, though.

Pain is mostly fear, IMO. Fear can turn sexual pleasure into pain. The lack of fear can turn pain into sexual pleasure.

There is sensation and there is how you react to the sensation. The latter defines pleasure/pain.

Recently, I had a really bad case of COVID-19. I leant into the virus, letting go of all fear (including dying) and I realized that - without fear - the virus was like ketamine.

You say you haven't experienced it with other drugs. My guess would be: weed and meth are super prone to psychosis & paranoia.

With meth, I've believed there are live spiders crawling under my skin. I could see them. I have also believed a spider laid eggs in my toes. I've seen shadow people. I've heard voices... I've seen inter-dimensional beings flying around my room.

Welcome to Bluelight.

Last edited:
I hesitate to accept the idea that the physical pain and discomfort I went through was caused by psychological or psychosomatic factors, but I could always be wrong. The meth one might be easily explained by the presence of physical bumps on my tongue which caused physical pain. A physical explanation for physical pain. The weed one is more of a mystery, but I'd say that it more than likely has something to do with blood flow to the brain. The very peculiar thing is that the brain pain always occurred in the back half of my brain. Very occasionally there would be a slight pain in the front of my brain, but even then that pain was minuscule compared to the pain in the back of my brain. I should also mention that I pretty much never got paranoia or anxiety from weed. Also, I primarily smoked my weed; I've only taken edibles once in my life.

Also, let me add that the pain in my brain from smoking weed feels nothing like a headache. Two very different kinds of pain. It genuinely just feels like the back half of my brain is being squeezed.
The pain doesn't wear off when the high wears off. The pain typically lasts until I wake up the next morning. Any time I smoked weed I could pretty much expect the pain to last for the entire rest of the day.

Last edited:
What if you try switching to edibles? Do you smoke other things?
For a couple years now the only drug I've used is weed. I haven't smoked anything besides weed in years. I genuinely want to give edibles a try. Like I said, I really wish I could still enjoy weed. It would be such a bummer if I just have to give up on weed. I'm all out of weed at the moment but in the next few weeks I'll hit up my weed plug and try making some homemade edibles.

I'd recommend getting an MRI/Catscan just to be sure.
That sounds like a really good idea. I've tried googling around to see what the problem could be, and the only thing that seems reasonable is that it may have something to do with blood vessels in the brain, or something to do with blood flow to the brain. It really feels nothing like a headache at all. I've gotten used to occasional weed-induced headaches, and those headaches feel entirely different from the brain pain.

I don't know if it could possibly have anything to do with the brain pain from smoking weed, but when I was 17 I had a seizure from smoking synthetic weed (K2) and I somehow fell and hit my head on the floor really hard. My parents heard the thud and came in to check on me. According to them, there was tons of blood everywhere coming from my head. They rushed me over to a hospital and I spent the night there. That was my last time ever using K2. I had used it about 5-10 times before that incident. I'm somewhat doubtful that this had anything to do with the brain pain from smoking weed, but I figured I'd mention it regardless. I can't exactly remember if I was already getting the weed-induced brain pain before the age of 17; all I do remember is that when I was 14 I never had any physical pain at all from smoking weed. The pain either started in my mid teens or my late teens.

There is a general stiffness that comes with weed.
I think the general stiffness might have a lot to do with why I would sometimes experience very rapid involuntary head movements.

It's pretty much like I would rapidly rotate my head about 10 degrees and then rapidly rotate it back to its original position, all without meaning to

I don't have Tourette's, and the involuntary head movements have only ever occurred when I was high on weed

A smartass asshole is probably going to come along and point out that there are no pain receptors in the brain

So let me be more clear:

The pain feels like it's coming from deep within my head, specifically the back half of my head

But once again, it feels NOTHING like a headache. Completely different from a headache. I've had pretty much every type of headache that exists, and this weed-induced pain is not at all like any of those types of headaches

I've never heard of weed-induced head pains..

I think weed can constrict blood vessels in the brain, so maybe you have an injury or something that is being antagonized by any sort of drug use or whatever.

At least with an MRI / Catscan, if they say they don't see anything, it should clear your worries some.

I once dealt with an abnormal tingling on the back of my scalp that spread across the side of my head & behind my eye. It was spring of 2021.
I couldn't find anything online about "tingling in the head/scalp" either, except for in cases of stroke. It honestly felt like I was having a stroke or something was wrong with the left side of my brain for about a week. I had a lot of pressure on the left side of my head & thought it was going to explode at any minute. Mine wasn't a "headache" either, this felt like something I've never felt in my entire life. I also had trouble talking, walking & my vision seemed tilted or not in sync in both eyes. Idk, it was honestly the weirdest fucking feeling I've ever felt.

I just woke up one day about a week later & it was gone.

But I think mine was caused by dirty IV meth use + stress. I got a catscan done later on (looking for something else) and my brain was apparently normal, so it couldn't have been a stroke or they would have saw that I had had one. But I still have no idea to this day what it actually was or what caused it. Our bodies do some strange things some times, especially if you're under a lot of stress.

But yeah, if you have the means for it, get checked out. And if there is something wrong, they'll find it. And if there isn't anything wrong, then it should at least alleviate some anxiety.

A smartass asshole is probably going to come along and point out that there are no pain receptors in the brain

So let me be more clear:

The pain feels like it's coming from deep within my head, specifically the back half of my head

But once again, it feels NOTHING like a headache. Completely different from a headache. I've had pretty much every type of headache that exists, and this weed-induced pain is not at all like any of those types of headaches

Maybe your head gets bigger because it makes you even smarter than you already are now

Maybe your head gets bigger because it makes you even smarter than you already are now
Hey buddy. Been missing you but swear like a dubious fling car-boot purchase wall picture, just hanging around lol

Spent 25 quid nail up house looks shit anyway

So I just leave certain things about.

Is my stoned analogy for you recycling surely in my skull, like all things not (eg Wizard of creek lol)

Been through mud, amazing things am all or nothing too and unable to donate any energy to online engaging, also real personal consciousness shifts separating.

Hope you keep good. Still too worn through atm to try much activity but...

Do you think, Noah came from Venice? I think he should, do that wormhole back in time thing. I bet Venicians have been upsizing their boats though surely cos madly probably the most prepared part of Italy right?