• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I need help with a decision of dosing my subxone of 16mg a day!

Less is more with suboxone.. Take it in 2mg increments until you feel little to no WD... Trust me, when it's time to come off it you will thank me... Be well, stay safe and stay informed.

This^...

Nothing like 4 weeks of severe pain because you were taking waaay more than you needed....I do the same thing in a futile attempt to get high, but I just end up running out and jonesing for anything...

Went on a sub binge the last week at about 6mg per day...now i'm broke with nothing but about 100 50mg tramadol tabs, which unfortunately, aren't helping me that much at all..

I'm seriously considering seeking out help with a Suboxone/Methadone maintanence program, but i'm so afraid to tell my doc...they will probably want me to go to rehab LOL i'd murder a few people in there, and to be completely honest, I don't WANT TO QUIT, I WANT TO BE COMFORTABLE, and 3 Norcos a day WILL NOT cut it..
I don't use the opiates to get high, like EVERYBODY ELSE I KNOW does, I use them to maintain comfortability from pain so I can get up and do the shit I want to do without being miserable the whole time,, haha I can dream right??

Whether I gotta score off the streets, or go to a clinic for a fix every month IDC, I'm just tired of wasting so much time and money all to get some decent pain relief..and the fucking uncertainty is what's really awful.

"Well fuck it, I think i'ma just tear myself off and a go on down, really aint no use in me hanging around, your kinda scene..music sweet music, wish I could caress, with a kiss, opiate addiction is a frustrating mess!"

So just got back from the doctor and I am now on 24mg a day. He recommended 8mg 3x a day and I was wondering if there was a better way to dose 24mg

Isn't the point of suboxone to keep you from living your life with the constant obsession and dosing that goes along with opiate addiction?

Opiate replacement therapy such as methadone and bupe are structured to be able to take on a schedule (mostly once per day but for some more often) so that you can relieve your brain of the compulsion to " take more. Prevent sick. Feel good". In active addiction that's all we focus on-- when is the next shot/hit/pill ? How long before I get sick?

On bupe, you shouldn't still be experiencing that. And based on your posts you are. You went to the dr cause your brain keeps telling you take more (and in all honesty there is no way you are experiencing physical wd after 4 hours on bupe). It's mental. That's what you have to retrain yourself in-- no drug in the world is going to magically stop the desire for some people. If it didnt happen at 16 mg, it's not going to at 24. Or 32. You need to look at what is making you crave in a few hours. And then find your way to deal with it.

For me that desire just kind of left when I was on methadone. Getting older kind of lessened it as well. Hopefully you find what works for you.

Seriously though, step back and look at what you just posted. You just got a 50% increase on your med. instead of trying it 3 x per day you are already posting trying to take differently. Same insanity. Still chasing that high. Bupe isn't about chasing the high. It's actually supposed to give you some freedom from the obsession.

Calm yourself there little man. I was only asking a question like I have been in the past

I never said How can I get the most high taking the meds. Maybe that's your intention. If you've read my past posts I've been trying to figure out the best ways to dose it because every way I have tried doesn't work as well as other peoples dosing experiences.

I had the same problem trying to switch from methadone to suboxone. Basically I couldn't take enough, there were always still withdrawal symptoms. I cut out at 16mg once per day because it was stupid expensive and the methadone worked better. Maybe you should try that?

My doctor won't let me do methadone. There was a reason but I cant remember lol. But I take the tablets, not the strips, they are very cheap. It might be my insurance but it cost 12$ for 90 tabs

Yes, it is. Are you on medication that would interact with it? Benzos or something?

I take Buspar. It's a type of non sedative anxiety medication. But that's probably why my psychiatrist won't prescribe it because it is sedative.

I'm just saying, if you are on 16 or 24 mg of bupe, dosed however, you should not be experiencing wd symptoms. If you are craving after 4 hours it may be that bupe just isn't right for you

Nothing at all to do with getting high. I'm speaking strictly in terms of keeping you stable and out of wd. For some people bupe just isnt effective. With the half life it has you should not be even thinking you have to redose after a few hours.

Like I said the point is sort of to be free of the craving. If at those high doses you are still craving, bupe may not work for younomatter what. You may have to look at a full agonist such as methadone. You might be one of those a partial agonist simply doesn't work for.

So just got back from the doctor and I am now on 24mg a day. He recommended 8mg 3x a day and I was wondering if there was a better way to dose 24mg

If you stay at these doses for much longer you can plan on never getting off sub, at this point 4 mg or less should be doing you just fine and you should be starting to taper off and when you do taper make sure you go slowly down to micrograms. As far as your cravings, sub never took my cravings away either, it's just something you have to conquer on your own...it does pass, if you are trying to "feel" something from your sub you r fighting a losing battle. Try to think about tapering off...when you put a partial agonist on a receptor that is built for a full agonist your brain struggles to understand it and can't reach homeostasis... imagine what that does over a long period of time???? Seriously tho, the cravings will subside. Btw, just realized this thread is a bit old but I will keep my post up cuz I think it makes sense

Pro tip: Take as little Suboxone as you can. I was coming off of 300-400mg/day oxycodone habit when I started rx suboxone. I never took over 2mg/day (morning). Taking more didn't really do anything for me and I figured it would only saturate my opiate receptors more, making it more difficult to chip while also keeping my tolerance up. After about 2 years of being on Suboxone I started doing oxy and eventually IV H full time and my tolerance hadn't budged.