• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

I Like to Draw Pictures of Random Molecules

Status
Not open for further replies.
overeasy,

I really did not particularly enjoy tramadol, but I'm no big fan of opiates. I think it can give you seizures if you take too much. To me it felt like an 'imitation' opiate, if that makes any sense. Personally, I do not consider it to be a desirable recreational drug, but your mileage may vary greatly.

Here's one that may be promising, reminds me of desoxypipradrol, but uses the phenyltropane configuration of the phenyls off of the piperidine instead of the MPH configuration with the nitrogen et al:

acYAd.jpg

Even reminds me a bit of nocaine or phenmetrazine.

Besides the above one I posted a page or few back, I made these at home on my Marvin Beans, starting from cocaine or methylphenidate:

FourNovelPotentialStimulantDRIs_zpsefxffoui.png

I kind of touched on the bottom left one. The right two are piperidine style cocaine-influenced styrene analogs. The top one (on the right) really reminds me of some desoxypipradrol analogs.

Now the one on the upper left, is a totally gutted cocaine, it's no longer a ringed-fused tropane, but more open like dimethocaine or similar; with sulfurs replacing the oxygens (which doesn't seem to do much different than an oxygen beside lower the overall electro-negativity of the molecule) the cis-propenyl on the carbmethoxy is because of the interesting binding profile that such a change did at a phenyltropane's other "cocaine" binding site for MAT; effectively tersing the norepinephrine transporter (NET) away from affinity for *both* SERT & DAT without compromising either, as is usually done when affinity is changed (NET & DAT go up together or DAT alone, but not "allied" with SERT nigh ever like it is in RTI-11w. Just because I used it here doesn't mean it shall have any such effect, but it is similar to an ethyl in other instances but more extreme, and since ethylphenidate & cocaethylene are so pervasively similar to the shorter methyl, this might be an extension not diverging much similarly in it's capacity to bind).

Last edited:
Nagelfar, I think these are the kind of compounds that make synthetic chemists sweat in their sleep... I mean... substituted cyclopentadienes are generally considered bad enough, but that sulfur-laden abomination... and it's chiral, too...!

The one in the bottom left looks promising though. (And more importantly, accessible by known chemical methods & known to be stable)

Nagelfar, I think these are the kind of compounds that make synthetic chemists sweat in their sleep... I mean... substituted cyclopentadienes are generally considered bad enough, but that sulfur-laden abomination... and it's chiral, too...!

The one in the bottom left looks promising though. (And more importantly, accessible by known chemical methods & known to be stable)

Lol. Always enjoy your input sek... ;-P ;-j Too many isomers, that's the prob. with it, eh?

qdFO3ER.png

Possible empathogens.

I like this one, quite directly similar to monoamines themselves.

…Careful with that though, one simple hydroxyl-group added to dopamine at its six position makes a highly neurotoxic dopamine receptor annihilator which rapidly induces permanent Parkinsonism; it's called "oxidopamine"

is there solid SAR behind that?

edit -- ah i found the thread. intended to be a fentanyl/methylphenidate chimera. probably no opioid activity.

which reminds me. i've tried to google what the morphine rule is, and never have been able to figure it out. can someone explain it to me?

Last edited:
Morphine Rule
(Chemicals that have opioid activity generally have all of these)
1. A tertiary nitrogen with a small alkyl substituent.
2. A quaternary carbon.
3. A phenyl group or its isosteric equivalent directly attached to the quaternary carbon.
4. A 2 carbon spacer between the quaternary carbon and the tertiary nitrogen.

I bet you someone has made this compound before, but I'd be interested in trifluorocarbon(TFC)-substituted psychedelic compounds. 2C-TFC and an analog of DPT with the last methyl group in propyl chain fully fluorinated.

I bet you someone has made this compound before, but I'd be interested in trifluorocarbon(TFC)-substituted psychedelic compounds. 2C-TFC and an analog of DPT with the last methyl group in propyl chain fully fluorinated.

Er, maybe there´s something I´m missing here, but........wouldn´t that just be TFM, that is triflouromethyl? 2C-TFM has been made and tested, and it´s supposedly a pretty good psychedelic :)

Also, and I know I´m being nitpicky now, but the right terminology would be "the last carbon of the propyl chain......" Not that it matters, I understand what you mean and it is an interesting idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.