• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I know there are plenty of other post but "IV methadone"

he's said to me he's used up to 70-80mg, distributing the tablets and solution in a few spoons for prep, for practical reasons. sorry to stomp on your words B-man, but you went offline. :)

we live near each other and talk over i.m. im confused to how it's a bromance.

maybe its all those circlejerks we get into leftwing? oh wait

anyway necro what is this burning you speak of? i have over 6 months of heavy IV methadone experience and nothing ever came remotely close to a burning sensation or feelings under the tongue. i didnt even get the taste in my throat like i did with nice heroin. ( :( )

with a lowish tolerance i could fit 70mg into a 5ml syringe (actually fits a little over 6ml of liquid), which is easy to use. above that i have used up to 120mg in one of two ways. first is a standard 10ml syringe, with a 25 gauge tip. this was ok but pretty cumbersome, and u shudnt use needles that big unless your very confident. i am studying iv use etc so i know my stuff, and it was ok, but still squeezing 10ml out of a 25gauge tip takes a long time and a fair bit of force. otherwise yes a butterfly can be used, which is fine cause i like butterfly spikes anyway. they are very very practical and easy to use. (a partner or medical tape helps tho)
*also you could just do two shots with a 5ml barrel but why when butterflies are so fun?

read this thread. ive already posted it many times but nobody reads it and then asks questions which are all answered in this thread. its not too long. its a good read. read it.
http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=368292

I'll throw my 2 cents in on this topic..
Yes, I've IV'd Methadone, several times, and while the rush isn't great, there is a Rush. I'm talking the white 10 mg rectangle shaped tabs with M on one side, etc.

I never do more than 10mg at a time.. any more and the solution seems to get 'thick' (clear, but thick, think thin corn syrup). I learned this once with 15mg.

My method.. Obviously sterilize, use clean equipment...
Crush 10 mg, cover with hot water, stir with plunger. Filter twice with qtip cotton tops, and the result is a very clear liquid(just like water). Draw up, register, and release. Also lick/suck the remaining filter and residue from the spoon.

Why you ask? Well, I have access to it for one. I have no access to regular dope (this is small town Montana mind you)... and I'd done Dilaudid several times a while ago and LOVED that rush, and just tried the same/similar method with the Methadone with no ill effects.

I am in NO WAY saying this is safe. I'm either lucky, or my method has worked for me.
2 Cents.. and out

There are a lot of people who shoot the 5mg and 10mg Methadone tablets, and those that shoot the 40mg wafers and various orange/red Methadose brand liquids.

Britain, Holland, and other European countries and possibly elsewhere in the world you can be prescribed Methadone ampules for either IM or SC injection (everyone IV's it, the doc's prescribe it for SC or IM on paper). Some patients are maintained on injectable Methadone for years.

So, Methadone is shootable, and plenty of people worldwide do it. As far as safety and comfort go, pure Methadone ampoules still produce a burn at the injection site most of the time, as well as irritation and possibly redness and swelling. Methadone pills are some of the most unsafe pills that are regularly shot. Lets say OxyContin and Dilaudid are the easiest/"safest" of the RX pills to inject, Methadone is on the bottom (shooting pills is never safe). There are those that rank IV Methadone pills (5mg/10mg) as their drug of choice. Read up on the Diconal phenom in the UK back in the 70s. Dipap is almost identical to Methadone, chronic IV use leads to gangrene, amputation, collapsed veins, severe abscesses, etc as a regular occurance. Shooting Diconal into the femerol vein on the top of the penis became extremely common among male Diconal addicts, as they ran out of veins everywhere else.

The only thing less safe for addicts to shoot is Suboxone pills (which is also widespread, look at India and France).

ifonly said:
maybe its all those circlejerks we get into leftwing? oh wait
must be hey man. i got first dibs in a few weeks for reach around

Tchort said:
There are a lot of people who shoot the 5mg and 10mg Methadone tablets, and those that shoot the 40mg wafers and various orange/red Methadose brand liquids.

Britain, Holland, and other European countries and possibly elsewhere in the world you can be prescribed Methadone ampules for either IM or SC injection (everyone IV's it, the doc's prescribe it for SC or IM on paper). Some patients are maintained on injectable Methadone for years.

So, Methadone is shootable, and plenty of people worldwide do it. As far as safety and comfort go, pure Methadone ampoules still produce a burn at the injection site most of the time, as well as irritation and possibly redness and swelling. Methadone pills are some of the most unsafe pills that are regularly shot. Lets say OxyContin and Dilaudid are the easiest/"safest" of the RX pills to inject, Methadone is on the bottom (shooting pills is never safe). There are those that rank IV Methadone pills (5mg/10mg) as their drug of choice. Read up on the Diconal phenom in the UK back in the 70s. Dipap is almost identical to Methadone, chronic IV use leads to gangrene, amputation, collapsed veins, severe abscesses, etc as a regular occurance. Shooting Diconal into the femerol vein on the top of the penis became extremely common among male Diconal addicts, as they ran out of veins everywhere else.

The only thing less safe for addicts to shoot is Suboxone pills (which is also widespread, look at India and France).

Suboxone doesn't exist in france there is onlt subutex which is considerabkly safer to inject (the generics are smaller than s novsrtis ritalin 10 mg) and doesn't contain naloxone

oh and methadone even ampules is not 100% safe to inject because there is something in it which attacks red blood cells and it makes the blood clot so there is always a risk of thrombosis

I used to get my methadone syrup in 5 mg per ml with no colouring and no sugar added , i have to admit that when you don't have anything else it's quite a nice fdeeling injected no big rush ime but still nice warm feeling