• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I know there are plenty of other post but "IV methadone"

The only successful methadone dose IV that i have seen is a friend i watched from the UK with a bottle of an amber coloured solution of methadone , i havnt seen anything on how to shoot methadone pills , the amount of binders would clog the needle before the plunger is half way down i would just stick to oral admin if i were you , things may not turn out the way you want them to.

I guess it depends on what sort of filters one has available. With a quality filter (I'm thinking of the sterifilt's and similar products) I doubt it's any worse than heroin.

if you got hospital hookups they do make methadone in an injectable form, I've seen it before in the cancer wards

ok shootin is a NO...... what about smoking..... I am just only half kidding.....I saw a pic on the microgram of a blunt with ectacy crunched up... and it seemed odd.... does that even work... and could you do the same or convert hydrocodine or methadone into smokable form??? just wondering

Last edited:
loudaudio said:
ok shootin is a NO...... what about smoking..... I am just only half kidding.....I saw a pic on the microgram of a blunt with ectacy crunched up... and it seemed odd.... does that even work... and could you do the same or convert hydrocodine or methadone into smokable form??? just wondering
No.

many posts have been made by some of the most experienced drug users ever probably (phreex, negro) about the IV use of methadone, including every form of the drug possible (the overseas ampoules, 10mg tablets, cherry solution, etc. You should have really searched and found those threads.

Simply put, it's not worth IV'ing methadone; the risks do not outweigh any sort of benefit that will occur (the methadone "kicking in faster" which if you're on MMT and have been for a while it's doubtful this will even happen.

as many other people here have said, depending on which generic or brand name version of methadone you're getting, i believe there is one or two extra ingredients that aren't found in normal pills (perhaps) and obviously the cherry liquid is going to have starches, things of that nature (there's a full list somewhere on bluelight) and it's extremely unhealthy. therefore the fun you might get from the needle ritual could produce more irreplaceable damage than you really wanted to bargain for. Just eat them. Or read phreex/negros post and experience what they warn you about.

Either way, it's your choice. May it be the best one for yourself.

shortshooter2011 said:
My dealer told me he had liquid methadone , doesn't sound right to me anyone heard of this?
Yes. Its the kind that methadone clinics use. When you get 'take-homes' from the clinic, they give you the liquid in a little bottle so you don't have to go there every day do get your dose.
I figure you might ask how strong it is later, so I'll answer that now too. We can't say. Some clinics have 5mg/mL liquid, some have 10mg/mL. There might even be other strengths, or dilutions. I wouldn't be surprised if the dealer diluted it to make more money off selling it.
So liquid does exist, but be weary of it if you don't trust the guy, because it could be tampered with (diluted).

if you have liwuid methadone from a clinic, just drink it. i have shot personally but not without putting all of it through a .22 micron wheel filter first.

also to designed reality, in my personal experience (and i have a lot) IVing methadone is one of the greatest things ever. the rush is amazing, it feels great, and its simple, easy, and clean. i would take it over good clean dope anyday.

then again, this is only if you know what you're doing. there is a lot mroe potential to fuck your shit up hard with methadone than there is with say, dope.

anyway just wanted to clarify that sometimes it most definately *is* worth iving methadone. dont make such large assumptions :)

you're probably the only person on this forum that will attest to it giving you a "rush" , which seems almost impossible considering methadone doesn't fit the 4th part of what i like to call rachamim's 4 part opiate guide;

you would take a methadone "rush" over good clean dope any day? Have you ever done dope? unless you have methadone ampoules, i'm afraid i'd have to believe the many many other qualified users that have done this multiple times and stated that there is little if any rush, regardless of the amount being shot, and regardless of the formulation.*

*the only exception being the overseas methadone ampoules that are made for IV usage.

i'm not making a "large" assumption, i'm going off an incredible amount of information from hardcore users.

my last comment to you, "ifonly" , is that if IV'ing methadone works well for you, then great. However, in the essence of harm reduction, you saying: (quote "that sometimes it most definately *is* worth iving methadone." endquote) is a poor message, because the benefits never outweigh the risks with this certain drug.

designed_reality said:
you're probably the only person on this forum that will attest to it giving you a "rush" , which seems almost impossible considering methadone doesn't fit the 4th part of what i like to call rachamim's 4 part opiate guide;

you would take a methadone "rush" over good clean dope any day? Have you ever done dope? unless you have methadone ampoules, i'm afraid i'd have to believe the many many other qualified users that have done this multiple times and stated that there is little if any rush, regardless of the amount being shot, and regardless of the formulation.*

*the only exception being the overseas methadone ampoules that are made for IV usage.

i'm not making a "large" assumption, i'm going off an incredible amount of information from hardcore users.

my last comment to you, "ifonly" , is that if IV'ing methadone works well for you, then great. However, in the essence of harm reduction, you saying: (quote "that sometimes it most definately *is* worth iving methadone." endquote) is a poor message, because the benefits never outweigh the risks with this certain drug.

He isn't the only one to attest to methadones rush. Negrogesic said he was receiving 260mg of methadone IV in the hospital and said the rush was great and lasted for hours.

LISTEN I HAVE SHOT METHODONE 10MG TABDS WITH THE m ON THEM FOR A FEW YEARS,!!!

yea there have been breaks but i have gon 6 months banging 50-150mg a day ,i have found unless you have a reserve there is no rush !!!?? wtf and trust me there is a rush cause i hardly ever get high just by methadone alone anymore it just costs to much for me aroundhere

dont fuck with the orANGE WAFErs the generic whites are shootable without wasting your time

you will be doing MULTIPLE injections unless 7you have a 2-3cc rig ,its hard on your veins

i have found i can go 2-3 days before i feel the slightest W/d ,back when i was banging 100-150mg a day for like 3 months straight i got curt off and it took 7 days for me to get slightly sick and it was all IV use

my injections always look right damn clear ,but wirthout a micron filter there will be particles and i know my liver hates me wich reminds me i need milk thistle

so unless you get the 10mg tabs i wouldnt bother unless you a IV junky like me ,the round 10mg tabs arent very good imo i have alot of experience with this guys so ask away i strill have all my veins ,etc ewtc but i take care of them by bicep curls and forearm exercises,although i work everything but the bicep curl tricep /forearm workouts keep your veins rather healthy

if you got the wafers buy som micron filters

designed_reality said:

Many experienced opiate users just like myself can attest to the great rush that methadone provides. just because you havent experienced a rush doesnt mean that it's impossible. this is starting off to be one of the more ignorant posts i've seen, and i've been around here a while.

designed_reality said:

yes i've done dope before. your question actually made me snort at my keyboard. i wont go any furthur there. You talk about the statements of many 'other users'? you can't be telling me that your posting in an IV methadone thread without having IVed methadone yourself? i hope not, because the irony would be unbelievable.

as for the other statements, you say that they are 'regardless of the formation'? Please, find me someone that has used physeptone pain management tablets IV and says there is no rush. After that, find me "many many" other qualified users that say the same thing, and then get back to me. please dont make such pathetic claims in your post without thinking it through first.

additionally, difference in formation is vitally important.
"The diskettes are designed to stay bound to an insoluble matrix until the acid in your stomach hydrolyzes it (frees it)"

- from http://www.methadone.org/namadocuments/es05basic_pharmacology_2.html

this is exactly why IVing doesnt work with many of the methadone maintenance formations - which is what the huge majority of methadone comes from. I get pain management pills, which dissolve in 30seconds and filter to a consistancy and colour indistiguishable from water. I have said this many times, but it does not seem to sink in. what is wrong with you?

designed_reality said:

incredible amount of information from hardcore users? Your information has completely inconsistant variables - you do not seem to realise the difference in medication formations, and thus your 'information' is invalid.
As for hardcore users, i pity your logic. Some of the most 'hardcore' users ive met were also the most worst informed. experience means nothing if you have always had a certain belief - because you will always assume that you are right.

I am currently studying in the medical field and have recently began my unit on pharmacology. I also work in the medical field in an area that uses one of the largest amounts of pain medication anywhere. I am not just hypothesising here. Even if your users were knowledgable, it is still pointless because they're probably using different formations. and even if, by some wild stretch of the imagination, you had somehow valid reports from other people, the fact remains that people react to different drugs differently, and making idiotic claims like "almost impossible to get a rush" is still just that - idiotic.

for the record also, every person i have known in real life that has IVed the methadone formation that i use, has reported an identical, euphoric rush. Some say they still prefer the dope rush, but that is just personal preference.

designed_reality said:

You have no idea what you are talking about, and have only served to make a complete fool of yourself here. I stand by what I said, and would advise you to please apply at least some intelligence to your posts on this board before pressing the submit button. It will same me a whole lot of time next time, as i dont like seeing morons roam free on bluelight.

peace

i wouldnt exactly call the rush from methadone great ,dont get me wrong i look forward to it every day but it isnt no different than most rushes ,they all have a certain characteristic thast affects people with heroin and oxy my knees tingle wildly then my stomach the i get goosebumps

methadone is a rush i have just grown to like i can only remember it bing OVERBEARING a few times and yea i have to say it was rather strong as in felt like i was gonna pass out kinda fealing but all my joints tingle with methadone IV my stomach growls no kidding !!! and i feel a slight rush in the head and most of the time goosebumps ,but mostly my stomach feels really weird when it hits

i cant tell you how much makes me feel like what cause i stick like 50-10 10mg tabs in a big spoon filter and draw with a 1cc rig so the dose is split up and i still get a rush,but i would take morphine or heroin or oxy over it if i could afford the amout it takes of those drugs to keep me satisfied ,

yeah chronic the methadone rush is definately rougher than other rushes. its less pure euphoria and more just physical fucking. its a very physical rush; its hard to explain. but its there. the fact of the matter is that methadone in many forms is simply not suitable to inject.

however, in the forms that are appropriate, it's just another opiate and thus provides a rush and all else that comes with injecting opiates.

xeracismx how did it go?

well me and alot of people on here can attest that ,well let me take that back for me there is no rush till i get a reserve built up a "reserve" wich took bout a good week or so

now i wish i could get back on bue(ifwishes were quarters though ,huh?)

Injecting the oral solution, even if filtered, is very unpleasant (burning at injection site). Plus, if you have any kind of tolerance you will need very large syringes with butterflies. Also, there can also be a rather pronounced burning under the tongue when injecting any quantity of methadone oral solution. I truly hate thinking about injecting that shit (or anything for that matter). Its is also quite impractical to use the 10mg tablets, unless your tolerance is very low.

Again, the rush was good at very high doses, but far more suprising was the incredibly long duration of the peak. However, even intravenously, it still takes a few minutes to truly peak, but once it does, it stays there for hours.

Nothing even remotely similar occured when injecting the oral solution, but then it was never feasible to use massive doses, as who wants to IV 20ml+. Don't try it...

Ifonly, what doses are you using?