I Just Need To Post Vs. Lend me your eyes and ears, your wisdom and beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
onelove_zpscda02687.jpg

Corazon goodluck with your appointment. Let us know how it goes and I'm hoping for the best.

Cool pic zwanya :D

^^ Could be. My week culminated with naked streaking on a beach at 3am last night followed by sleeping with the most unexpected friend to sleep with earlier today. Who apparently almost tried to have a threesome with me and this other girl when we were hanging out the other day - the part I feel weird about is that I'm actually into this other girl and not sure how she's going to feel about me sleeping with the latter of the two. Though if SHE was down to sleep with both of us the other night (didn't because the one I slept with today wasn't down the other night for hygienic reasons, is what I've been told anyway) should I really be worried about her caring a whole lot that I've now slept with this girl without her there too?

Yeah. Strange and unexpected few days... And the week isn't over yet.

At what point does worrying become completely justified? When someone was meant to turn up 9 hours ago and has been out of contact since? When you know that they were headed to their abusive ex's place beforehand? When no one can give you any information on what's going on because they knew less about it than you?

It's a bad day to be in my head....

^that sucks BROI.. maybe you can try contacting her to see if she picks up her phone. I'd be damn worried too by now.

I think I'm a hypochondriac, I don't know. I keep worrying about things that aren't even wrong with me, worrying about my tooth hurting again and not being able to get a filling done etc or about falling ill.

On another note I just had the craziest dejavu 8(

Last edited:
Sounds good Deezy.

I'm not gonna drink for a long while either. Thankfully I don't get headaches or get proper hangover but I've had very little sleep last night/in the morning and whole body feels off after a shit day.

Of course I lie to myself and go ahead an do it anyway. :|

^that sucks BROI.. maybe you can try contacting her to see if she picks up her phone. I'd be damn worried too by now.

She'd had her phone off to avoid calls, but she did turn up again a couple of hours later. I'm with her now helping with things.

My eyes are burning the fuck up right now.

I can't wait to get this easter breakfast ting over and done with so that I can go to sleep.

So I'm thinking about spending one or two months this summer on the other side of the world, not exactly sure where yet. Maybe India or Nepal. I'd like to either do some sort of volunteering program if possible that would pay for my expenses and otherwise I just want to pick a starting destination, pack a backpack and go without making any other plans. I've been seriously thinking about this for the last couple days and I really think I might do it. I need to get away and go find myself, if that makes sense. I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with backpacking abroad and spending as little money as possible. I won't have the funds for staying at hotels and such, I'll just be winging it.

I've been thinking about something like that too, but I'm too broke and it doesn't seem like there would be any point in it for me.

Anyone in the UK right now, look outside...
I don't even have window blinds to not have to look at this abysmal weather.

So I'm thinking about spending one or two months this summer on the other side of the world, not exactly sure where yet. Maybe India or Nepal. I'd like to either do some sort of volunteering program if possible that would pay for my expenses and otherwise I just want to pick a starting destination, pack a backpack and go without making any other plans. I've been seriously thinking about this for the last couple days and I really think I might do it. I need to get away and go find myself, if that makes sense. I'd love to hear from anyone who has experience with backpacking abroad and spending as little money as possible. I won't have the funds for staying at hotels and such, I'll just be winging it.

A few years ago I quit my job as a consultant, ended my apartment lease, and put all of my property in storage. I put what I could fit into a backpack, and left California to teach English in Northern Thailand for a year. I was paid a small stipend and provided with free housing, so I had enough spending money to travel around the country on the weekends. When my contract ended, I backpacked through Thailand to Laos.

South East Asia is a beautiful, enlightening area, with a diverse landscape, and a tourist-friendly infrastructure. I've lived all over the world, but that area is a particularly affordable place to travel compared to other areas of the planet; the dollar stretches well there. I recommend that area of the world to anyone interested in Buddhism, meditation, jungle treking, wildlife, and Eastern philosophy. It was a life cihanging experience for me. I had the time to learn new skills, learn a new language, meet new friends from around the world, visit temples and hill tribe villages, and trek through the untouched jungle. I came back to the US with a renewed perspective on the way I exist, and the way I want to exist in the world.

(*It is important to note, however, that drugs are easy to find and a prominent presence amongst the many tourists who move through that area. Many go there just to indulge. A positive aspect of the deluge of tourists that decend upon that part of the world, however, is that when you do have the desire to socialize, the opportunity is always there.)

I've done similar treks through South America and Southern Africa. PM me anytime if you want more info or specific suggestions, Case. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

I have too much information to type out but as I just did this--not for a year but for quite a bit of time and did it completely cheaply--let's talk. I think it is a great idea for you and there are so many ways to do it.

I know that feeling case!! There are times when I feel like I just need to get away from this hectic life lol. I think I should watch Eat, Pray, Love and learn from julia robert's character. He he

I won't be able to travel until December boo!! First will be cuba then mardi gras by next year in New Orleans then europe by july. I just hope that at least one of my coworkers on maternity leave will come back!!

Thanks Zwanya and Herby. I'm still considering my options, I spoke with my sponsor today and while he always starts off by saying "First of all, you can do whatever the fuck you want....but..." and said he thinks it would be wise for me to wait until next summer, rather than this summer, before going on an extended trip by myself a world away from here. Not because he lacks confidence in my recovery, just from a realistic and wise/cautious point of view. And I understand where he's coming from - I am well aware that there will be quite a lot of temptation with drugs in south east asia, not to mention alcohol. I'm bound to meet plenty of people my age who are also backpacking around, and they will likely be getting fucked up. I could see how being a world away from my normal environment could make me feel like I am also a world away from addiction, especially after a few weeks. If I do travel somewhere, I may just go for two weeks rather than a month or two.

However, I'm also now considering a more local option - I just filled out an application for a summer work study program at a Buddhist Monastery in Northern California. I've always been incredibly interested in Tibetan Buddhism, so maybe getting away from here and working on my spirituality might be a wiser choice at this point in my recovery. It all depends on if I'm accepted for the work study, if I am then I think I might do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.