• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I just bought my first vaporizer!

The shiny hose is pretty similar to a shower hose (but I'm not sure what material cheap shower hoses are made of), it's made out of decent quality stainless steel so it has no taste & it dissipates heat well, the hose gets hot by taking the heat out of the vapour. Even after a lot of use it only has a slight resin coating, I think the resin runs down the tube & vapes off when it builds up & the tube gets hot.

I've still got no idea what you're on about with air-mass decoupling, especially when there's no hardware that could really go wrong or give off any fumes.

I wouldn't want to use any soft PVC that hasn't been specially produced to be heat resistant near any vaporizer myself.

Salutations DrGreenthumb,

...the hose gets hot by taking the heat out...

That makes sense. So we can assume the tube cools off cannabic vapor effectively.

...I think the resin runs down the tube & vapes off when it builds up & the tube gets hot.

That's good to know, i happened to be curious about that particular aspect.

I've still got no idea what you're on about with air-mass decoupling...

Acknowledged.

...especially when there's no hardware that could really go wrong or give off any fumes.

There's a city in the Québec province called Lac-Mégantic, the MMA trains which passes by wasn't expected to face the unexpected and yet it happened.

:|

Arizer has been having a similar behaviour consistently for years by repeating the same pattern one product after the other. Air-mass decoupling is the only thing that could make me tolerate the mere idea of their latest "Air" model somewhat better...

I wouldn't want to use any soft PVC that hasn't been specially produced to be heat resistant near any vaporizer myself.

Here's quite another fine paradox but it's no sufficient reason to bother.

Good day, have fun!! =D

I Plan To Buy A Volcano Vaporizer Considering the Reviews Of How it Works Best Out Of Any Vaporizer Invented Also the Official Website that Sells them gives A LIFETIME Warranty For them. I also Read On A Forum that they had been Using it For 15+ Years Non-Stop And it Still Works Like it is Brand New.

Although A Lot Of people I know Say they Like Smoking Better is that because Of CBDs Burning at Higher Temperature than the THC Or is it because My Friends Probably did Not Use Very Good Vaporizers?

They probably didn't use very good vaporizers.

Also, the manufacturers of the Volcano invented an even better one for just over half the price, called the Plenty, it's my favourite thing ever & I'll never go back to smoking. They make very good & reliable vaporizers.

BTW, warranty is void if you don't stick to using their short list of approved herbs (thyme, etc, not cannabis), but you're unlikely to ever need it.

Hey OP... My first vape was an Extreme Q that I got about 5 years ago now, and I Still have it and it still works great! The remote control died, but that's no big deal for me.

More recently about 1.5 or 2 years ago I bought a Solo (portable) which is also made by Arizer and it has been great so far, it's cool to use it in the backyard or when I go away etc.

I love the Extreme Q's fan forced air, and I do go thru more weed with the EQ than the solo, as the solo has a much smaller area to pack the buds into than the EQ does.

Anyway I reckon both vapes (EQ and Solo) are awesome and I've been totally satisfied with them, they helped me get off bongs and tobacco, I now do neither of those and I only vape full time.

It gets me so stoned too.

Enjoy!

Hummm... One has got to wonder if this could be my case:

Here's what it takes to make me a happy HA owner, any idea how this would perform using a Volcano??

Good day, have fun!... =D

Probably work better because of the larger diameter filling chamber & better heater. The Volcano pumps air through it so if you're going to use a whip with all those attachments it could make it trickier, you'd have to hit it constantly or waste some. There's probably no need to do anything like that with a Volcano either. You could just get a Plenty & a drink.

...any idea how this would perform using a Volcano??

Probably work better...

Really? In view of the information previously shared i was expecting a different reaction, to say the truth...

How about expressing concern relatively to having water vapor inside the machine, for example?!!
112.gif

Unless you've already forgotten what i keep repeating which doesn't seem to filter through: the Volcano airpath is a slap in the face and you've just shown how ellusive the implications can be. The fact that this has been going on forever is no glorious asset in terms of respect for paying customers neither.

IMO this calls for a fair revision of the context as i seriously doubt it may work "better" to moisturize Volcano internals?!... But that's me.

Briefly put lets agree to disagree!! 8) At the very least i'd need to decline politely, euh...

There's probably no need to do anything like that with a Volcano either.

It's pointless to offer me electric-dry cannabic vapor and hope for a miracle, there's no magic that Volcano money can buy: the critical ingredient is simply called moisture and practically none of these deceiving devices was build to provide it. So what's all this praise for when only a few butane-operated vapes offer us portable self-moisturization exactly?? Or why not just suggest to plunge a straw into the TV set and start sucking to appreciate its "neutrality" relatively to aroma & taste?

As surprizing as it may sound to some, no the Volcano won't meet my expectations. :|

Too bad i must keep explaining after refering to a proof-of-concept that could become an inclusive solution someday, if duplicated correctly. So, no a Volcano really won't work for me meanwhile. Sorry, my personal needs are NOT going to be fulfilled by some electric vaporizer manufacturer who fails to pay attention at living "antennas" like myself, much less a company where they think it's nice to force clients to have intimate symbiosis with vaporizer internals.

Now how does it help an eventual reader to play it safe by gambling on material which very few of us are willing to ever acquire anyway?!!

That's beyond me but the reader is always free to decide, once sufficiently informed that is.

Good day, have fun!! =D

So, is the moisture going into your vaporizer, or just the vapour? Looks like that pipe comes out of the top of your vaporizer so moisture is added to the vapour. I don't see any reason you couldn't rig any other vaporizer up to that contraption if you wanted.

I don't see much problem with connecting something to the inlet tube on the volcano, I'm not sure of the design of that air pump, but you could remove it if you're going to connect a whip to it. Have a soft PVC pipe coming out of it if that's more your preferred taste. Of course if you don't want to bother with balloons then you'd be better off just getting a Plenty instead.

The Volcano outperforms the HerbalAire because there's a larger surface area of bud for the heated air to pass though. The design of the heating chamber is what makes it (and the Plenty) special, it's a fine screen that never gets blocked because any oil gets vaped off, it stops almost all particulates & it's diameter helps a lot too. Other vaporizers tend to have a narrower/deeper oven which doesn't work as well. I bought my Plenty second hand & I've used it almost daily for over 4 months now, there's no sign of even needing to replace a screen, the aerial does a great job of cooling the vapour & isn't going to get blocked. Everybody that I shared it with gets totally wreaked & I still can't finish a full load myself in one sitting after 4 months of practice. If there's any problem with it, it's possibly too strong. Even if I put a smaller load in of about 0.3-0.5g then it's far more powerful than the same amount of bud in either of my portables, it vapes very well & evenly.

You've shown us a diagram of the internals of the Volcano, which parts are you scared of exactly? It's all very simple stuff & there's nothing harmful in it, it's only cold air passing over the (lack of) parts too. It's nothing like a TV.

You keep talking about price too, but the Plenty is hardly any more than the HerbalAire you're using & mine was cheaper second hand.

Last edited:

I don't see any reason you couldn't rig any other vaporizer up to that contraption if you wanted.

Attachment/integration is no big issue with many other products though the Volcano balloon is a major element of its cannabic path so this is far from obvious how to add moisture unless a bag is filled and then removed so the owner can connect it to an adapted setup, since it's not possible just to plug the machine "as is". Such a solution would also work with Arizer's table models and i tried it myself with HA bags:

wah98g.jpg

I don't see much problem with connecting something to the inlet tube on the volcano...

The true "inlet" point is located inside on the Volcano schematic and no outside tube can connect there - but perhaps it might help to consider taking a picture for revised illustration!!

After all is it possible you've been sold a mutant model or something? :?

...I'm not sure of the design of that air pump, but you could remove it...

I've done exactly that with the HerbalAire while keeping the pump function, simple negative pressure (vacuum) will work if you can plug a tube:

YouTube: HerbalAire ShotGun (Bag) Accessory (2011-Mar-8)

This shorter path removed the associated aroma/taste of fresh PVC plastic and rubber in a conclusive way. %)

Have a soft PVC pipe coming out of it if that's more your preferred taste.

The PVC material is suitable for my application and i recall i already commented about the apparent paradox when this was mentioned.

So, how does one resolve such paradox?

...if you don't want to bother with balloons...

Ballons have their niche market, a VapirRise would support those on top of other modes but i already got an HerbalAire which doesn't force customers to accept unwanted/pointless path trade-offs.

The Volcano outperforms the HerbalAire...

Any side-by-side comparative study for reference?

...it's a fine screen that never gets blocked because any oil gets vaped off... ...still can't finish a full load myself... Even if I put a smaller load in of about 0.3-0.5g...

That's a type of information potential owners would appreciate. Does baking worsen an eventual "locomotive effect", for example?...
39.gif

...far more powerful than the same amount of bud in either of my portables, it vapes very well & evenly.

But the trade-off is it must get it in 300 ~ 500 mg chunks, hummm... And i thought my HA was voracious!

The curious reader will probably hope for a future update on load capacity, in case a learning curve can improve this most crucial parameter. 8o

...which parts are you scared of exactly?

Scared?? The absence of a feature is no feature at all and in this type of particular case my peace of mind just can't be garanteed 100 % unless the power cord is cut...

Sorry for an apparent lack of details, M'well i'm no good at story telling, spells and divinations. Not even lottery gambling i'm afraid! ;)

...there's nothing harmful in it...

Unfortunately i yet have to read a related statistical analysis myself and yet there should be 15 years worth of numbers according to a previous reply. What are the most frequent failure modes? Where are those numbers?... These are simple questions but i got a hint i better not hold my breath for untainted clues.

It's nothing like a TV.

For starters i guess it got a power supply built around electro-chemical capacitors where venting ports have been designed to handle an eventual failure...

So how is that any different from other electronic products and who's the supplier of such perfect components which are supposed to never fail?...

You keep talking about price too...

ChipTrippyFox explained that his newly acquired vaporizer was said to be "extremely good quality, especially for its price point". This tells me economics is a determining aspect while he also requested feedback from those with hands-on experience.

IMO commercial accomplishments are of little service to the typical vaporist, a properly conceived vaporizer function is the only item actually required while the market seems focussed on backward perspectives where soldering iron catalogs and similar determine the outcome instead of a final goal defining what sort of innovation would be required, whatever.

Good day, have fun! =D

It takes about a gram to fill the Plenty, could maybe squeeze a bit more in, I think 300mg is about the minimum for it to work well - with the oil pad to fill the rest of the chamber. It lasts quite a while though & it's potent. It takes me about 90 minutes to finish a ~500mg half-load in the Plenty, or under 30 minutes to finish as much as I can pack into my portable vapes (about 300-500mg), each pull is bigger on the plenty due to the unrestricted airflow & more potent too. If I use the Plenty too much then the portables don't touch the sides due to increased tolerance, it's that much stronger. I'm not sure there are any capacitors in either the Plenty or the Volcano classic, pretty sure it all runs on mains voltage, maybe there's something in the digital version. There aren't many components in it & they're all simple, it's just a pump, some switches, a dial & a heating element, no pump in the Plenty.

You don't have to finish a full load in one go as the heating chamber is separate to the heater. The heating chamber is easily removed so you don't keep cooking the herb while you're not toking.

There are a few teardown pictures & videos of the Volcano. I can't find any on the Plenty, but I can see there's not much in it through the ventilation holes. I might buy that special screwdriver & put some photos up of the internals just because I can't find any on the internet.

Volcano Classic & Digit internals...

NSFW:
volcano-vaporizer-hands-on-9.jpg

Volcwire.jpg

You can fairly easily attach a whip too
37409-volcano_teaser.jpg

You can see that the air intake is separate from the internals on the Volcano & there's not much inside it anyway. The air intake goes through a filter at the bottom of the Volcano, the parts are vented through the sides.

The screens on the Plenty are much finer than that looks, not seen any hint of dust anywhere. Not sure what you mean by locomotive effect, but it's all still as clean as when I bought it & works just as well, no resin builds up on the screens, little inside the whip & nothing gets blocked.

There have been studies done on the Volcano, here's one: http://www.canorml.org/healthfacts/jcantgieringervapor.pdf

One slightly concerning thing is the presence of Dibutyl phthalate, which I guess comes from those soft PVC pipes used to isolate the air intake & they're only on the cold side in the volcano too. This is your 'paradox' about using soft PVC pipe, toxic plasticisers used to soften the PVC.

Last edited:

...300mg is about the minimum for it to work well...

That would be an issue as i'm trying to move away from that: as it is the moisturized HA contraption hurts my tolerance level already!!

8)

It takes me about 90 minutes to finish a ~500mg half-load in the Plenty...

It's certainly at the other end of the spectrum compared to an MLFB, or a FlashVape which is similar to the later.

I'm not sure there are any capacitors in either the Plenty or the Volcano classic... ... maybe there's something in the digital version.

To be honest i'd need to view more graphic material to be able to make a statement. Indeed i must concur, maybe the classic doesn't have that after all but the Digital would need them. Except you might find tantalum components instead of electro-chemical capacitors, for example. Yet it doesn't appear to matter in the Digital model anyway, because there's a radical difference between the Classic's schematic i was given and these photographs extracted from the linked video you've mentioned previously and which dates back to september 2013 exactly:

2hwfnlz.jpg

2ntlhlt.jpg

5etkqg.jpg

You can see that the air intake is separate from the internals on the Volcano & there's not much inside it anyway. The air intake goes through a filter at the bottom of the Volcano, the parts are vented through the sides.

Mea culpa, i rarely have correspondance with persons who will actually care to help me find the truth when i appear to be misleaded! :D

Clearly in a Classic the "Inlet tube" item connects to "Angle Tube" (C) while nothing connects "Air inlet slot" to the pump (...), while this is something else now: for starters the larger quasi-spherical element connecting tubes "B" and "C" was not there before i think.

By the way, would that correspond to the circular feature on the lower-left corner of my 3rd illustration above (below the air filter)?... :?

In any case what i see from the Digital pictures is its real "inlet" point is located inside but air-tight confinement keeps it separated from the surroundings. That's a long internal path with lots of contact surface with synthetics though it's certainly food-grade certaified, etc. So i wish someone had shown it to me sooner as this is just another animal!

Well done, thank you for sticking around...

;)

There aren't many components...

Essentially the Digital model is an example of some fair designer effort meant to improve a former product, so if i were to choose a Volcano the Classic wouldn't have a chance.

...the heating chamber is separate to the heater.

Good point but i can remove my glass tube from the HA too and yet i tend to leave it there for some reason. My modded pipe corresponds to another consumption mode entirely and my Lava concept goes even further towards cigarette emulation. Form should serve function but the "expresso" image often associated to some table vapes has nothing express about it, nonetheless.

...you don't keep cooking the herb while you're not toking.

But cooking may not be avoided completely between tokes if i'm reading this correctly.

There are a few teardown pictures & videos of the Volcano. I can't find any on the Plenty...

I understand, it can be frustrating to find details and when the data finally goes out people's topics have changed, etc. Hard to follow and i'd wish manufacturers were more cooperative with the essentials. Still i wouldn't fear moisture conditioning using a Volcano Digital, i might even wish to insert a mixing site right next to the "inlet" tube inside in order to support an external water voiler/evaporator setup...

Can their heat-exachanger stand water vapor? Someone would have to check. :\

...I can see there's not much in it through the ventilation holes. I might buy that special screwdriver & put some photos up of the internals just because I can't find any on the internet.

Somehow i share the feeling. It's been on the market for a fair while now and yet so little transpires of it!

Not sure what you mean by locomotive effect...

It's a behaviour pattern which i fall into quite easily if i use my personalized HA (in the genuine configuration it was worst)... This is a non issue with my pipe: i simply leave it alone and it cools down, when i want another toke it doesn't require a 3 minutes preparation, so i can pause and never mind.

The HA is like a train in motion which i must catch as it passes by, too soon would feel too faint and too late woud hurt aroma/taste. While bags would add more transit if prefered, etc.

There have been studies...

Good idea! I'm more curious about pulse heating but that's an excellent suggestion nonetheless.

...Dibutyl phthalate, which I guess comes from those soft PVC pipes used to isolate the air intake & they're only on the cold side... This is your 'paradox'...

There are many.

In my modded pipe a flexible extension helped with heat at 1st, then i observed aquarium PVC tubes changing appearance as those absorbed oils or water... Once i perceived there was a boundary zone between "sticky" and "moist" i eventually installed a metal screen in the wood handle to take that boundary closer and hence ultimately i believe the material can be considered fit for the task as it's now faintly warm to the touch after a typical toke/session. Of course i'd like to try silicone if an opportunity pops up, but i keep forgetting about it the rare times i visit local shops. So i rely on the local hardware store for that and learned to deal with this material's limitations since i don't define myself as a purist. The transparency & flexible features are needed in any case. Yet i can understand your concern as i've explored ways to tame down such worries myself.

Good day, have fun!! =D

Maybe the phthalate was from the bags on the Volcano, maybe those tubes are silicon or something, like what is used to seal the connections on the Plenty's mouthpiece. I think most types of soft plastic, including your pop bottles & aquarium equipment will contain them. Your PVC will change appearance as it loses them, slowly getting more brittle, this will happen faster at higher temperatures. Let us know if it starts changing your sex or anything.

Maybe you could find a stainless steel flexible hose that isn't PVC coated or switch to glassware. There are glass 'water tools' available, or it's not too hard to rig most vaporizers up to a glass bong without PVC.

Volcano bags can't be left for too long or the vapour will condense on the inside of the bag. I'm not a big fan of the bag system really, I prefer the Plenty.

I like to keep my tolerance high so I'm not tempted to hit a spliff when it's offered, they don't do anything for me now. It also helps if I can still walk after a session on the Plenty, that was a problem at first.

With the Plenty it takes a good drag to start it off, then the second & every one after is great, as long as you don't leave it too long between hits, then there will be a dry hit to get it going again, the trigger switch turns it on, so it wont start to heat up unless you're holding it. The only 'locomotive effect' it has is it hits like a train. The heating chamber, hose & mouth piece all come off, so if you don't want to finish your 0.3g in one session then you can remove that & suck any vapour out to cool it off, then save the rest for later, it wont keep cooking while the heating chamber is removed from the heater. You need to have the chamber quite tightly packed so that the herb doesn't slide around & leave gaps or the vapour isn't satisfying at all, if there's 0.5g or less in then you need the supplied 'oil pad', maybe it'd be possible to rig something to hold smaller amounts of bud in place.

Having multiple sessions off one load works a lot better in the Plenty than in my portables because the bud doesn't keep cooking if the heating chamber is removed from the heater & cooled.

I think working out ways to use less bud in the Plenty is missing the point a bit though. Being able to put a lot of bud in it is the main feature.

It works well as a party piece, if you fill it up & have 3 friends to share it with, puff puff pass to keep it going.

I'm still wondering if I should get a crafty for portable use, I've heard people say they hit as well as a Plenty, which would be amazing to me in a pocket sized battery powered unit. The Titan 2 is fairly good for such a cheap vape, but the vapour is very hot, can't taste it much because it'd burn my tongue, need to angle it above my tongue, it still has a slight plastic taste too. Can't fit much in my flowermate & it still gets blocked fairly easily even after I changed the mouthpiece & replaced the screens. The flowermate has the best taste (after removing the tape from the inside), but it's just little sips. If I could just mod the flowermate a bit to improve the airflow it might be better than a crafty. Maybe the Chinese will build an amazing vaporizer for 1/4 the price of the Crafty if I wait a few months, or maybe I could mod the limited ones I have, there's not much wrong with them.

I know I don't need another mains powered vaporizer, that Plenty is a proper tool.

Lets run off to Taiwan & mass produce something Egzoset.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by pulse heating. With the Plenty it heats up to the set temperature & then turns off, there's a ~90 second timer before the heater can turn on again, but it holds enough heat to keep it going, it doesn't usually drop more than about 10c even when hit hard. With my portable vapes it seems to be a digital/pwm control, which keeps the oven at a steady temperature, can hear the flowermate tick as it heats. I assume with the volcano digit, crafty & mighty it's a digital pwm controlled thing, so it'll stay at an even temperature by switching the heater on & off very quickly, like my cheap portables.

Last edited:
Salutations DrGreenThumb,

Lets run off to Taiwan & mass produce something Egzoset.

Sorry, i'm afraid you actually keep missing the point DrGreenThumb! If there were anything to mass produce it would be "Lava" something, certainly not Egzoset!! Additionally, i must also insist to repeat that i'm not here to discuss some ready-made permanent solution: the illustrations are only meant to suggest/support ideas which the reader should feel free to validate for himself by replicating my results, or not.

...phthalate... ... I think most types of soft plastic, including your pop bottles & aquarium equipment will contain them. ... Let us know if it starts changing your sex or anything.

Hummm... Like i wrote above, you're free not to replicate the experiments at all. Most people do, euh... As a matter of fact i can't recall too many persons who actually cared much for the topic. M'well, this one was exotic for sure:

20pddtu.jpg

He made certain his glassware was perfectly clean as i recall... It's not clear he understood my suggestion the way it was intended! To say the least.

Anyway, the required functions and shapes have been illustrated before, please feel free to comment with your own contributions. As long as it's flexible, can be reshaped slightly, happens to be available in local stores and at an affordable cost. Glass certainly won't fit here, in any case.

...it's not too hard to rig most vaporizers up to a glass bong without PVC.

What?? I can't read you ground station! Switch to emergency channel... WARNING: Paradox event in progress!!

...working out ways to use less bud in the Plenty is missing the point a bit though. Being able to put a lot of bud in it is the main feature. It works well as a party piece, if you fill it up & have 3 friends to share it with, puff puff pass to keep it going.

That makes sense to me and i'm sure the reader will appreciate as well.

Again, I'm not sure what you mean by pulse heating.

Let me remember how i came to use that expression, euh... Here's a web search for starters:

Google Search: JAI "Pulse Heating"

The "JAI" acronym stands for Japan Analytical Industry Co., Ltd. and i'm refering to this manufacturer because of their JCI-22 PyroFoil product found in (IH) Curie point pyrolyzers. So to make that story short i'll just quote this except from their web site:

JAI: Curie Point Pyrolyzer

Curie point Pyrolyzer uses pulse heating method applied with induction heating and curie point of ferromagnetic properties.

When ferromagnetic properties receive induction heating, it loses its magnetic properties and reaches up to its curie point temperature in an instant. JAI has developed 21 kinds of pyrofoil for 21 different temperatures with alloy as heat source and each pyrofoil has only one curie point temperature and they are highly stable.

Curie Point Pyrolyzer

1.Rapid heating (within 0.2sec) to any target temperature and high reproducibility (±0.1℃).
2.Rapid heating prevents from secondary reaction and decomposition.
3.Easy to decompose poorly soluble compound.
4.Developed 21 temperatures from 160℃ to 1040℃.
5.Able to use with any GC from any manufacturer.

To conclude this tells that me "Pulse Heating" would result in lesser "secondary reaction and decomposition".

Which sounds like a great feature for any cannabic vaporizer. %)

With my portable vapes it seems to be a digital/pwm control, which keeps the oven at a steady temperature...

Temperature only reflects vaporisation, i believe an energy pulse with attack/sustain/decay characteristics describes best what is required to bring a heat-exchanger up to temperature. As a matter of fact that's not unlike your favourite vape when powered-on starting from cold: at first a peek of energy is required, though the timing is different...

With pulse heating the hope would be to leave the substrate intact while only noble goodies would be made volatile.

=D

I'm not even sure which my favourite is now, I unblocked the flowermate a bit, put a steel screen directly on top of the herb & I'm getting clouds again. Maybe with a bit of drilling it'll be good. Favourite vaporizer seems to be whichever is full of herb & in my hands at the time.

Try cooking with your vaped bud if you want something to help you sleep, it makes great hot cocoa drinks.
Wow, its like you read my mind, lol. I was going to post exactly this. Try vaping your bud a little less than you normally would so it's not completely brown and then cook with it. Its great, you can get high twice off of the same nugs! =D

Never tried the hot cocoa though. Don't have a vape right now (cops took my last one) but once I get a new one I will definitely try this.

Last edited:
Salutations 12monkeysnyc,

Try vaping your bud a little less...

M'yeah, that's possibly a factor in vaporizer buying decisions - that and also reclaims maybe.

An HA device doesn't leave much as it extracts deeply though my modded VG pipe fits this method perfectly considering i don't like how the taste changes past some point anyway. Consequently there's a jar filled with pre-vaped material in the refrigerator waiting for my next cooking session using Betty Crocker's Double-Chocolate Chip Cookies, which is a mix i've specifically chosen because i can lower the oven temperature down to 320 °F.

Additionally leticin in 1/10 ratio (with the oil) could be an option.

Have a nice day!

=D

Should I bother to save the weed after I have vaped it and use it in cooking? I go through a bit and i just throw it out, but whats the process to use it for cooking? That dry brown stuff....

Salutations PoleDriver,

That dry brown stuff...

Yes, and we're not talking about the odor transition.

;)

It's what i do. The recipe requires 50 ml of oil so i substitute that with cannabic-infused oil and lecithin.

I heat my infusion slowly for as much as 4 ~ 6 hours inside a sealed pouch, in a double-boiler which i cover and hence water vapor ensures no over-heating ever occurs - though i must remember to check and possibly refill, of course... Simple cheese cloth will allow separation of the cannabic oil.

The purpose isn't to decarboxylate since it's been vaped anyway: the goodies migrate from their vegetal substrate to the oil you've chosen. Personally i like olive oil, or sunflower oil, etc. Strong aromas help to mask eventual bad taste a bit if it's less than apetizing (combustion acident, whatever), now with double chocolate cookies this works correctly for me i shall say.

If your tolerance level went up lately forget the cookies and leave them in your freezer until it's down again, this ain't very potent if there wasn't much left to begin with. Lecitin may be a "potentiator", so i once read, but it won't perform miracles. Consequently reclaims recycling from glassware may be a good idea.

I'm relatively new to this myself; sometimes i feel i've failed, others i get what i could expect realistically: a somewhat longer "body" effect.

Better that than waste noble molecules and then face a void IMO, but YMMV!

Good day, have fun!! =D