• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I just bought my first vaporizer!

ChipTrippyFox

Bluelighter
I just bought my first vaporizer!(IT'S HERE!)

I got the Arizer extreme q ^^

Im so excited!!! I dont have any medicine right now, but i should by this weekend. the shipping will have it here by next week some time, probably tuesday or wednesday since its shipping from a short distance from my city.

How many of you own/have used this unit? I've heard it is extremely good quality, especially for its price point

Last edited:
I got the Arizer extreme q ^^

Im so excited!!! I dont have any medicine right now, but i should by this weekend. the shipping will have it here by next week some time, probably tuesday or wednesday since its shipping from a short distance from my city.

How many of you own/have used this unit? I've heard it is extremely good quality, especially for its price point

Oh man, you are going to enjoy this. It's one sweet vaporizer. I've owned Iolite, the Extreme, Magic Flight Launch Box, SSV, Da Vinci, and Arizer Solo. This is definitely my favourite.

Super easy to hit, and although a lot of people think the remote control is a gimmick, it isn't. One of my favourite ways to use it is to have it set up about 2 feet to my left with the whip set in a stand when I'm playing video games. I lean my head over, take a hit and keep playing, occasionally using the remote to bump up the temperature.

Lots of different ways to pack it; weed in the cyclone bow, in the elbow of the angled glass piece and I have used runnier hash oil dropped onto a cotton ball and placed it in the cyclone bowl. It did make me very lazy; sometmes I'd pick up the whip, turn the fan on, just open my mouth and inhale.

Good purchase. I did buy a bunch of spare glass pieces/fittings, but still have most of it after 4+ years.

Tom

Forgot to add that it works with dry hash quite nicely

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to try it :D
I'm really curious about mixing in other botanical as well for flavour and aroma. I was told mint extract helps your lungs like vapor rub or menthol, which really interests me.

thread's been cleaned up a bit, vapos are great but please keep in mind the CD rules about linking to vendors :) i tried the Arizer vape once and it's pretty good but the electronics package for the temp controls was a bit shitty, maybe they've updated it since.

My bad, thujone. I thought that was just for substance sourcing ^^ I will remember from now on.

How was it shitty? Did it not maintain the temp that it was supposed to?

I have arizer solo (the old version) and I wish I have the extreme q version

I've got 3 vaporisers now, not that one, but I'm sure it'll be great.

Are you planning to buy another vaporiser yet? I am, even though I've got three, they're all a bit different.

My bad, thujone. I thought that was just for substance sourcing ^^ I will remember from now on.

How was it shitty? Did it not maintain the temp that it was supposed to?

I don't know how accurate the temp control was but it was accurate enough to vape properly, I just meant that the buttons and LCD were flimsy, just seemed really strange to have a metal case with a nice ground glass joint for the whip and then shitty electronic controls. Then again, I was using an earlier model so that might have been fixed by now.

Gotcha. It looked rather solid in the demo video. We shall see when it arrives. It was estimated to arrive today

And drgreenthumb; I don't really have any plans to get another one in the near future but I have thought about a portable one. im just unsure really if I would use it.

OMG It arrived!
How absolutely delightful this is! So much... flavor! And I've never been able to get this high without hurting my lungs a lot.
There is so much I want to experiment with; spearmint leaves are a tasty treat

Also I can possibly see what you mean by it having flimsy buttons. It feels like they are kinda shifty in their socket and attached to a cheapo rubber dome circuit board.. im willing to give it a 9.5/10 so far though

Last edited:
I can't wait to try it :D
I'm really curious about mixing in other botanical as well for flavour and aroma. I was told mint extract helps your lungs like vapor rub or menthol, which really interests me.

One of the things that freaks my cats out is when I put some catnip in it, with just the cyclone big/elbow piece, turn it on to 140F and fan speed 1. Gets them running every time :)

I've used pouporri (sp) and it took a long time to get rid of the samell.

Tom

I like to use my vape during the day, and burn some bowls for sleepy time lol I noticed vaping is a little more stimulating for me, and smoking gives me that nice couch lock �� both are great imo

Try cooking with your vaped bud if you want something to help you sleep, it makes great hot cocoa drinks.

Salutations ChipTrippyFox,

I got the Arizer... Im so excited!!!

M'well, Arizers are everywhere like the Volcano but you should consider how the manufacturer feels for failing to separate the fresh-air/cannabic path from air surrounding its hardware. Honestly, peace of mind is something i value to a point i GAVE my Ariser Tower away, as the "PotPourri Warmer" that is is...

2625nw9.jpg

Now THAT is for real.

I mean i got rid of it WITHOUT offering the vaporist accessories, to make sure the recipient only tries to perfume a room using its aroma-therapy bowl - which is what the design is good for. Just peek inside!...

I dont have any medicine right now, but i should by this weekend.

Have plenty, this contraption requires a significant amount to perform where it shines best. First experiences can be wastefull...

I've heard it is extremely good quality, especially for its price...

That is a statement i cannot agree with, or perhaps we define "Extreme Good Quality" differently. Pleasant cannabis appreciation alone doesn't suffice to me as i'll never support manufacturers who don't care about where their "fresh-air" actually comes from. Sorry for blowing that bubble, not to mention that dry air doesn't transport as much heat as moist air, euh... But that's one more story and i don't wish to hurt.

It may look bright but that's not gold. Though better vape than combust i guess...

Anyway good day to you, have fun!!

=D

It may look bright but that's not gold. Though better vape than combust i guess...

Anyway good day to you, have fun!!

=D

I guess I can see what you mean a bit.
I understand that it's not the best out there, but it's the best I can afford.

Im curious, can you tell me more about this:
Have plenty, this contraption requires a significant amount to perform where it shines best. First experiences can be wastefull...

Hi again ChipTrippyFox,

I understand that it's not the best out there, but it's the best I can afford.

Sorry. I know it's too late to give you time to weight the various factors, you must now deal with limitations that may arise. On another hand future readers should pay attention as there are trade-offs some customers will agree to and not others.

This, for example:

344zg9d.jpg

It's just the idea of some intimate machine-man symbiosys for no purpose doesn't appeal to me. If that may help i think as much of the Volcano which causes me to express the same remark: it makes customers ventilate their hardware... Which is no problem to many individuals who can handle more than a cannabic bowl, as long as nothing goes wrong. Personnaly i simply prefer my pre-emptive aproach and i'm not even a purist!

;)

Im curious...

Ha yes, the bowl size. Well, i recall i had trouble building-up the convective heat necessary to carry away the goodies, in any case: i wanted a "Boost" button, because convection comes with a delay and i don't handle slow/long lung effort very well. My cannabic "bouquet" arrived time-stretched and hence proportionately diluted i thought... In addition when i write it « requires a significant amount » that depends:

1hquf8.jpg

I got to grant this bowl is Half-Full, after all. That must be about how much i needed to gain decent appreciation of my herb, less would have felt frustrating because « where it shines best » is another matter: below half a bowl it seemed the amount spent was difficult to justify in terms of aroma & taste. So, that's why « first experiences can be wastefull » using the Arizer V-Tower and/or Extreme-Q. It's great when a second person is ready to relay, so convective heat doesn't vanish between tokes too much. IMO i'd see it find its "niche" application with couples, to be exact...

When alone there's this heat build-up thing which can be so tiresome i recall it was like i had practically aborted inhalation despite my bowl being ready for it, at last. But this is me, we don't all have lazy/sensitive airways/lungs. A legacy of my previous smoker habit i believe.

Anyway i did have some genuine fun evaluating Arizer's V-Tower:

4ke23n.jpg

My grunge against Arizer and the like is mainly related to conceptual aspects. That doesn't mean your cannabic vapour will be of lesser quality, instead i'm only saying it's the quality of my serenity which got affected but the fact remains that catastrophic failure events are rare. E.G. you may be able to accept this while i can't. So i do not question the fact that many clients are satisfied with the other features, it's the unfinished conceptual work that saddens the perfectionist in me if you will... Nothing toxic on contact.

Well, better this one than Chinese crap. You've commited a 1st move, not so bad for a start.

Good day, have fun!! =D

I appreciate hearing it from your perspective. No this doesn't particularly bother me, but I would have thought that the ait was separated somehow. Ventilation is fine, and I guess there shouldn't be anything harmful inside the unit assuming they kept all the toxic material away from the general heat source.
Perhaps it needs ventilation, but it seems odd to get it from the same source as the product, it would be more efficient for it to have its own small fan to keep the inside cool.
again it doesn't bother me personally

also that is quite the setup you've got there :D bravo on your thorough experimentation

Last edited:

I appreciate hearing it from your perspective.

Oh my, i only evoked the subject remotely. Don't take my word for it anyway: write to Arizer, in my behalf if you must, asking them if there are plans for transparent shells in any of their models... I'll bet the answer will be no, because i'm not sure Arizers would sell with a clear shell!

Euh... Oh my!...

8)

No this doesn't particularly bother me, but I would have thought that the air was separated somehow.

Good, neither should it. I just want the potential buyers reading us to realize that the "Fresh-Air" inlet is actually located inside while the bottom opening happens to look quite like a ventilation indeed. I see we understand each other. Now what could hit you? Well it's going to be direct to the lungs so we'd all wish only minor incidents are possible, at least until the owner begins to "smell" something wrong... Which ain't this evident at times.

...I guess there shouldn't be anything harmful inside the unit assuming they kept all the toxic material away from the general heat source.

Arizer seems confident in their constant use of customer lungs, i'll grant that. But really i much prefer their late Air concept:

2i8aq6e.jpg

...where the inlet point appears to be suitably decoupled from unrelated air masses down under. Also this configuration suggests the user would get a warning, but what if the problem is intermittent and long-term? What if there's slow contaminant dispersion at random, not likely to cause concern on the short-term, though what about periods measured in years? So, if i must find a way for guys like me to tolerate the idea of an Extrem-Q or even a V-Tower then it shall rely on a mesh casing for equally fine ventilation, as in the Arizer Air, because intimate robot symbiosis right (to the lung level...) has some repulsive touch to it, euh... Sorry. Lets find a balancing angle. Here's one: on another hand the contamination should prove to be generously diluted, because of the "decoupling" of air masses already mentioned.

I regret the tables models got hard, air-tight and opaque casings intead... :\

...it seems odd to get it from the same source...

M'well, as i pointed out previously the package box says the truth about what's inside: "PotPourri Warmer".

There are no cannabic sources in potpourri warmers. The Elbow Adapter must have come later, much too late to include separate paths in the design it seems. At least this has been noticed many years ago and Arizer never cared to upgrade with corrections. Which is a shame because there's already some good potential that i could appreciate myself, using their Solo Glass Stems i should admit.

By the way, be careful with that Elbow Adapter!...

...that is quite the setup you've got there...

Without moisture from it my sessions weren't as pleasant as they could, far from it. The principle works but that's only meant as a prototype to offer others an opportunity to check for themselves, by reproducing the experiment... All it takes is distilled water to avoid a salt issue, as i recall tap water affected my appreciation for that reason. But that's cannabic conditioning performed after vapor leaves the bowl, in my pipe this is done before and hence i find the later a lot more practical - and economical too as a bowl is ~125 mg and i rarely consume more than 5 pipe bowls a day. The HerbalAire + Arizer Solo Glass Stem + HerbalAire Crucible contraption is another story but it's got its good sides.

Which reminds me the V-Tower wanted to be half-full and more all the time, that's not as economical as my pipe neither.

...bravo on your thorough experimentation

Thanks, then please lets admire how i determined which of heat or dryness was a worst offendor to me:

11b5jxc.jpg

Too bad there were no dialogs at the time to explain how this worked exactly... :D

And this is what is used in my veranda this afternoon, under the sun:

10psvti.jpg

Too bad Arizer won't offer a self-moisturized model that's equivalent. It doesn't even need to be handheld, just standard 12 Volts would be fine!

Day dreaming again...

=D

that's some nice investigation, Egzoset :) So you gave up on using a humidifier and switched over to boiling pot? How is the pressure in the vape hose being balanced with the pressure in the hose from the boiling pot?