L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I have such a good guy and I still can't feel it for him

Ninae

Bluelighter
He's really noble and good and one of the few guys who have real respect for women and put your needs before his.

He's practically as good as this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMqXj-eVCjI and this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9sRJ-eOHnc.

While my EX was a monster in comparison, but I was crazy about HIM. I would lay on my back and feel the feelings coarsing through me and it was stronger than any drug you could ever have. I don't get it. I guess quality of partner has little to do with it.

I guess quality of partner has little to do with it.

On the contrary - it has everything to do with it for you. You are turned on by guys who treat you badly, and you can't process a guy who treats you well.

If you want to change it, you have to work on your self-esteem.

Hmm...I don't think it's so much to do with my self-esteem exactly, as if a guy treats me badly I'm very happy to kick him out. My ex wasn't bad to me, just a badboy in general.

I think it's more biological, or almost like you're evolutionary programmed to favour badboys as they're good protectors of you and your children. Not much that can be done about that.

Anyway, I think it goes a bit deeper than that. I spoke to a psychic who said we'd been together in many lifetimes but weren't supposed to connect in this llfetime as he's a bad influence on me. Anyway, props for recognising the examples I showed as good guys.

OK, I got it wrong. Sorry about that! :) You like bad boys.

I don't understand that dynamic so I can't comment on it.

What attracted you to your new BF? Surely you had those feelings for the guy when you met him and started dating in the first place - what changed?

I really like him and find him attractive in all ways...he's a very ideal guy...great personality, and both tall, good-looking, and well-built.

So it's not like I have anything to complain about. Just the spark isn't really there and it's more like I'm using him for emotional support and almost been leading him on since October. I've been giving him the "maybe, maybe not" kind of thing, as I don't want to lose him but also don't want to promise anything I can't keep.

It's not like I planned it like this. I've just been thinking it would be like a short-term thing and would end any day now so it didn't really matter. But it's not like it's fair to him. He fell in love like after 3 days, while I wasn't really in the mood to fall in love, and had just come out of a relationship. But he was definitely my type and I was attracted to him so thought it might happen.

Anyway, for me if it doesn't happen within the first days it doesn't seem to happen. Also, there aren't really that many people you fall in love with in a lifetime, so maybe it was never on the cards. I wish it was as he would be a great boyfriend, but it's almost more like a platonic relationship with a guy that I'm attracted to. Though I feel some opposite-sex attraction it's not like being in love.

I just find it hard to grasp that someone can feel differently for me than I do for them so most of the time it's like I imagine he feels the same way. But he's ready to settle down and have children and everything. Which I do not want but he was unrealistic ideas about it like many. Male-female relationships just don't seem to last for a lifetime and most can only be happy together for 2-5 years at the most. If you start a family together you're likely to hold it out for 10 years for the sake of the children before you get divorced...or really suffer for 10 more years.

Male-female relationships just don't seem to last for a lifetime and most can only be happy together for 2-5 years at the most. If you start a family together you're likely to hold it out for 10 years for the sake of the children before you get divorced...or really suffer for 10 more years.

I really do not agree with this...healthy relationships are a product of the work you put into them. I have been with my partner for 15 years and we are extremely happy together, but only because we work at having a successful relationship.

Feelings of infatuation fade quickly, so it is important to have a partner that you can see yourself building a future with, if that is what you want.

I think you should take some time to figure out what you want, and if it is not him, then at least let him know that you do not envision a future with him so that he can make a decision himself.

Male-female relationships just don't seem to last for a lifetime and most can only be happy together for 2-5 years at the most. If you start a family together you're likely to hold it out for 10 years for the sake of the children before you get divorced...or really suffer for 10 more years.
I think you're wrong there. I have seen couple who were together for 50+ years and still loved each other sooo much!

relationships can last 70-80 years but you have to be willing to put in the effort

Maybe it's the drama of having a "bad boy". I dunno. I think it's selfish to hang onto him and lead him on. Let him go to find someone he truly deserves. A lot of women would be very happy with him I would imagine. I get that you "say" you feel bad about what you are doing with him but shame on you. Let him go.

I feel guilty.

And I have tried many times. Especially when I've been in benzo WD I can't really stand the presence of another human being so I almost practically tell him to get lost. Not in a hurtful way, I just show lack of interest and ask him about other girls, which he hates (because you wouldn't like to bring that up when you're really into a guy) but I sometimes do when I get an attack of conscience. Anyway, he'll just get mad and stay out of touch for a while, then he'll call me again in a week, and it's like it never happened

He can't stay away, though I know he's mostly given up now, and is trying. But I messed up really bad last month. I almost managed to finish it but it didn't work out. Drugs were involved. First I was traumatised by spending a week in withdrawal and didn't care I wasn't hearing from him. But when I feel better I can appreciate him more and start to want to see him. Plus I was still shaken from the withdrawal and felt I needed the comfort.

So I kept messaging him, then got a message from him saying to stop messaging the phone as he had left it with his cousin and had left the country to try to get a work permit there (He's a Muslim immigrant and for some reason haven't been able to get a work permit, even though he's been working 12 hours a day and paying a fortune in taxes for 2 years, I think they're just taking advantage). Then I messaged his cousin saying if he could just ask him to call me once.

So he did and was really angry, almost shouting at me, and had obviously given up on the whole thing. Then, like an idiot (though this was also influenced by drugs), I broke down and started crying and said I wanted to marry him and I didn't mean what I'd said (think I even mentioned having children) which I absolutely don't want but at that moment and for a few days I was out of touch with reality enough to actually believe it (don't ask).

Anyway, that really moved him and he just melted, as that is kind of my strength and I was feeling really genuine about it, and a few days later he sent me a message saying "I'm coming back :(". So I started coming to my senses and thought, "Shit, what have I done?" This was the perfect opportunity to end it and I should have just let it be. So I pondered what to do and decided I just had to tell him straight as gently as possible and sent him a short email in about 5 sentences explaining that it couldn't work. It hurt to do it, as I still felt a need for him, but I realised it was the only thing to do. But he just sent me back "That is not possible - I have to have you".

And I thought "Now what can I do?" and was about to post for advice about it but decided the only thing to really do was to try saying the same thing again in different words. But I was nice about it and also told him I missed him, etc. Then 3 days later he calls me at night and says he's coming home the next day and he was really happy about it and I freaked out a bit. That was a week ago, and now he's not so happy as he senses I've gone back to my previous state, and he's been ignoring me today and told me not to call him at work, which he's never done.

So it's been practically impossible to get rid of him, partly because he's lacked the self-control, and partly because I haven't rejected him clearly. But I know the end is coming soon as there's no reason for him to go on like this for much longer. He can do better. But I'm not looking forward to that either. I feel a lot of pain and guilt for both of us. It's like I can't cope with either way. Or I'm too weak to be in a relationship and I'm too weak to be alone.

better get a "bad" good guy;).. you should think about going for what you need and not what others tell you you need.....

Let me ask you this: is it that he was a bad boy and your current bf is a good boy, or is it that you can control your current bf and you couldn't control your ex? Because if it's the second one, then you can definitely find a decent guy who you can't control, and then you get it all: the thrill and a decent life.

It's not really becuse he's not a badboy, people get too hung up on that. Most of the guys I've been interested with have been typical good guys. It's just that my last wasn't so it felt strange to notice the differences in comparison.

Anyway, he has pretty much finished with me now. He sent me some texts last night saying "Thanks for everything" and "Call me if you get better". I guess he has finally seen the light. But it hurts for me, as I've become quite dependent on him at this point, while I guess he's over the worst infatuation. So it's not very pretty but I guess that's only fair.

I'm also giving myself a really hard time and don't even know if I'll be able to forgive myself. I was always trying to break it off, it's just he did all the work so it was easy to just pick up the phone, when I really enjoyed interacting with him. At least I never said "I love you" back. I couldn't make myself do that when I didn't really mean it. I would just kiss him or say something appreciative.

I'm sure he's pretty bitter about all that, but it wasn't like I was just taking him for a ride, it was just as much his fault for wanting to continue when he could see the signs. I deliberately tried to discourage him many times. Mostly under the influence of drugs or in withdrawal when I cared less.

One time I even mentioned I had been more interested in a drug-addict I met before him (it was true) and that made him really mad so he left the country.

Are you serious?? I'm not trying to be mean but to say that it is "near impossible to get rid of him" is ridiculous when you are obviously playing a game, whether it is intentional or not. Here is a guy that is, in your words, super good to you, and yet you don't want him when he is doing such. The second he gets fed up and firm with you, you need/want him back. You are just leading him on and to be honest, playing head games with him, playing with his feelings. I'm sure he doesn't appreciate being there solely for your amusement.

You are blaming him for caring about you?? You say it is his fault for not getting a hint? You should have grown up and just told him straight up and not kept leading him on.

How very selfish of you that when the couple of times he decides to leave you alone and move on you decide to take him for a ride again. You clearly said you don't love him or want any kind of future with him but just had to reel him back again by talking marriage and kids when you yourself said you knew you weren't even remotely interested in that with him. Sounds like you don't want him but can't stand the idea that he might not want you. How very selfish!

I would say let him go and not keep leading him on. If you care at all about him just as a person let him move on and find someone who will appreciate him and not use him, that doesn't need to "get better" and that believes that marriage isn't just always a temporary thing. It sounds like everything was about you. Again, not to be mean, but just try being kind to him by letting him go on his way in life and experience real caring and doesn't have to be yo- yoed back in forth for someone's amusement at the expense of his feelings!

Last edited:
I agree with missmeyet?. It sounds like you jerked around a good hard working guy in a difficult living situation who felt unrequited love for you because you were having emotional issues kicking your own drug habit. You leeched off his love for support in order to rebound from your last relationship and addiction with no real intention of giving any back. Apologize, let him go in no uncertain terms, and repent from a distance if you can do so responsibly (like helping him out with his money issues or something).

Last edited: