• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

I have severe Anxiety, Will smoking weed make it worst??

ILOVETORELAX

Bluelighter
Hey guys, uh I have like a severe anxiety disorder, annd i use to be on benzos, xanax, ativan, valium alll that shit to help and i eventually got addicted to it and went through a bad ass benzo withdrawl. (all this was like 4 months ago)right now i am not on any medications my anxiety has calmed down a nice bit, I smoked weed 2 times back when i was younger like 3-4years ago and one of the times i smoked it I completly lost my mind, i was crying and begging for the buz to end, I was shaking, my heart was going about 140-190 BPM and i was panicing sooo horrible, and the tv was shaking or soemthing, but it wasnt laced because i smoked that same joint with my relative.( i was also under respiradol for psychotic thoughts) I also have high blood pressure at the age of 17 (now)and im only 190lbs and i weight train alot, my bloodpressure is usually 165/108 but i was wondering if it would be safe to smoke a joint tonight becuase i am bored and no money for booze?
right now im not under any medications at all.

please write back and let me know what you guys think

( I havent smoked weed in years, n ot even been around the smoke)

i recommend learning some anti-anxiety techniques before smoking and employing them when high if you do decide to smoke. it will be safe in the sense that it won't kill you but i can't guarantee you wont panic attack. do not smoke a high dose. are you recovered from benzo withdrawal yet?

Panic attacks are inevitable even without anxiety. I've had one or two in my life while high, and I've never been diagnosed nor had any symptoms of any anxiety. Like the poster above me said, learn some techniques to cope with your anxiety, and weed may actually help your anxiety because of its relaxing properties.

i recommend learning some anti-anxiety techniques before smoking and employing them when high if you do decide to smoke. it will be safe in the sense that it won't kill you but i can't guarantee you wont panic attack. do not smoke a high dose. are you recovered from benzo withdrawal yet?

hey yah im done with the withdraws now THANK GOD.

it could go either way. you may relieve stress or induce more anxiety.

kind of like flipping a coin.

ugh, i wont risk it then.
god i hate being sober, guess this is bedtime for me.
:/

it could go either way. you may relieve stress or induce more anxiety.

kind of like flipping a coin.
^
Exactly..

But that doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a try, just start slowly. 1 hit of weed isn't likely to send even the most susceptible people into a panic attack.

I have severe anxiety disorder and motor ticks. Im on 3 medications seroquel, zoloft, and buprenorphine for opiate addiction. Smoking trees and psychedelics both do the same thing to me, on or off meds, they throw me into a unpleasent psychotic episode. It only happens with pot and psychedelics. And yes 1 hit of weed will do it. If you had terrible experiences before, I think it will do the same thing now. I wouldnt recommend it from personal experience, but their is always a chance that this time was result differently. Just think about it.

yo man try just not smoking so much. i just took my first 6 day break in 2 years of smoking and I guess I've forgotten how powerful the dank shit can be. I smoked a moderate spliff of some straight FIRE last night and half way through it i almost blacked out, puked, and was sweating balls for 5 minutes. Weed can be very intense if you don't have a high tolerance. Try taking the amount you would smoke in one hit, break it up, and put it into the spliff.

Now, smoke the spliff slowly and if you start to feel uncomfortable stop immediately.

If you feel like you are panicing, take a deep break, follow your breath and focus on your breath hitting the inside of your nostrils. Notice the pause when you are done inhaling, and breathe out (all this time focusing on your breath and the inner nose contact). Try not to think about anything else. This will restrain your thoughts and establish a higher degree of concentration and relaxation which will stop a panic attack.

Don't try to smoke a joint slowly. If you're going to smoke, snap down a mini-bowl from a bong/homemade bong/pipe). Rolling a joint for a puff or two is kind of a waste, plus it's hard to unlite it, then relite it again.

yo man try just not smoking so much. i just took my first 6 day break in 2 years of smoking and I guess I've forgotten how powerful the dank shit can be. I smoked a moderate spliff of some straight FIRE last night and half way through it i almost blacked out, puked, and was sweating balls for 5 minutes. Weed can be very intense if you don't have a high tolerance. Try taking the amount you would smoke in one hit, break it up, and put it into the spliff

do these spliffs of yours involve tobacco? because one hit of weed mixed with a cigarette's worth of tobacco in an unfiltered joint is likely to give you some unpleasant effects.

Don't smoke.

But if you do, smoke hash, or outdoor indica. Really white hydro is high in THC and will almost definitely exacerbate your anxiety.

^ I find that sativa strains reduce my anxiety

Also only smoke a bowl or 2, depending on your tolerance

Smoking alot usually gives me panic attacks alot I find .

Oh and I know u said u had no booze but a few beers really reduces the anxiety

Orrrrrrrr you could just not smoke :(

Hey guys, uh I have like a severe anxiety disorder, annd i use to be on benzos, xanax, ativan, valium alll that shit to help and i eventually got addicted to it and went through a bad ass benzo withdrawl. (all this was like 4 months ago)right now i am not on any medications my anxiety has calmed down a nice bit, I smoked weed 2 times back when i was younger like 3-4years ago and one of the times i smoked it I completly lost my mind, i was crying and begging for the buz to end, I was shaking, my heart was going about 140-190 BPM and i was panicing sooo horrible, and the tv was shaking or soemthing, but it wasnt laced because i smoked that same joint with my relative.( i was also under respiradol for psychotic thoughts) I also have high blood pressure at the age of 17 (now)and im only 190lbs and i weight train alot, my bloodpressure is usually 165/108 but i was wondering if it would be safe to smoke a joint tonight becuase i am bored and no money for booze?
right now im not under any medications at all.

please write back and let me know what you guys think

( I havent smoked weed in years, n ot even been around the smoke)

Mental health issues do not mix well with recreational drugs. If you have mental health issues pot is one of the worst things you could be using. You already suffer from an anxiety disorder and have experienced psychosis as well. Using recreational drugs will likely make your symptoms worse overall. Cannabis is well-known for amplifying symptoms of existing mental health issues.

I won't lie to you: If you smoke one joint or a few puffs you may very well be OK. If you start to use it regularly and not just a few times a year, and you really do have an anxiety disorder, you will fuck your shit up quite nicely.

well i have wicked anxiety problems too. different kinds of weed do different things. but mostly they make it better. because im in love with mary jane :). every once in a while if i get some superduper dankers i freak out but i know how to handle it so its ok. i also found that smoking daily is not the way to go for anxiety though

on the long run it will give you more anxiety, because if you smoke to level of living important experiences of your life high, when not high you would not be able to deal with the situations as you would have done based upon your previous experiences...remember that humans are what we are because of our conscience..

on the long run it will give you more anxiety, because if you smoke to level of living important experiences of your life high, when not high you would not be able to deal with the situations as you would have done based upon your previous experiences...remember that humans are what we are because of our conscience..

Sounds like a pretty bullshit theory to me.

I think it's worth it to try. Take the worlds smallest puff, wait a bit, if your alright take a little bit bigger a hit, until you feel something and then decide if the feeling is something you would enjoy or wouldn't enjoy.

My friend was taking zoloft and she smoked with me and she almost had to go to the hospital because of a panic attack.
The only way I calmed her down was by saying that she was okay and it was just her medicine and nothing else.
Have someone with you when you smoke just incase