• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I hate suboxone n want off

Status
Not open for further replies.
No offence taken, but no cough syrup contains 600mg of codeine base by bottle.

Well, that's just like, your opinion man. I doubt it is shared by the majority of heroin addicts though.

I do not give a flying f*** who shares my opinion. It is MY opinion. And I am NOT HAPPY with the way I am being treated here. Tell me how quick a person can get liver failure due to paracetamol / iboprufen. I find a lot of people very arrogant. I have ask nicely not to receive this judgement.
Do not tell me how much codeine is in cough syrup in the UK. Quite frankly I am extremely offended over this thread n will no longer be viewing it. How DARE people belittle my addiction n what I have been through because it's not heroin. I
am disgusted with this thread.

Evey

Everyone is just saying that 8mg a day is way to much,even for a heroin addiction....drug addicts are very opinionated and outspoken. dont mind us =p

Okay lets everyone cool it and get back on point.

OP, if you want real help with getting off of suboxone, we can do that and come up with a taper plan or something.. there are also multiple threads you can do a search and find, that go into detail about coming off of suboxone.

But, this thread will be closed if it keeps escalating into a big fight because it's not helping any of the potential viewers who would need help.

Damn you science, I don't want to hear you.

Kinda wasting my time here , but I thought i'd chip in.

Codeine at ceiling dose 600mg = +/- 60mg oral morphine
60mg Morphine PO = roughly 1.5mg Bupe sublingual

Fact ; ORT therapy started at higher than required dose , replaced an addiction to one drug at a stronger equianalgesic dose (addiction to any opiate can be debilitating, only the person experiencing it can subjectively say how debilitating it is) .
My advice to anyone starting ORT would be to make sure they are taking equianalgesic dose, question your doc if needs be.
advice to OP would be taper down to the 2mg, stabilise at that level and then taper off the bupe entirely.

Yea I mean the fact you got addicted is because there is an issue somewhere else...I'm sure bupe + therapy would be alot more beneficial

Fact ; ORT therapy started at higher than required dose , replaced an addiction to one drug at a stronger equianalgesic dose (addiction to any opiate can be debilitating, only the person experiencing it can subjectively say how debilitating it is) .
My advice to anyone starting ORT would be to make sure they are taking equianalgesic dose, question your doc if needs be.
advice to OP would be taper down to the 2mg, stabilise at that level and then taper off the bupe entirely.

Thank you - that's what I'm doing suboxone n therapy.

I don't think it makes too much difference, whether a person is hooked on heroin, oxy, codeine or whatever. They end up in the same place of needing xx amount of drug in order to get buzzed/function every day. I read a story a while back with a lady who was prescribed suboxone because she had gotten addicted to loperamide, of all things. This doctor had her taking 16 mg a day and instead of tapering, he suggested that she may need it for maybe 2 years! Some of the things I read on forums and think, wow how do these things happen?

Okay lets everyone cool it and get back on point.

OP, if you want real help with getting off of suboxone, we can do that and come up with a taper plan or something.. there are also multiple threads you can do a search and find, that go into detail about coming off of suboxone.

But, this thread will be closed if it keeps escalating into a big fight because it's not helping any of the potential viewers who would need help.

Thank you. I really appreciate that :)
Would you please close the thread? I
Think I will do as you suggested n do a search I feel that if potential new posters see some of the judgemental comments it may put the off posting. Thank you so very much for your help x

Last edited:

More like 60 mg oxycodone and 90 mg morphine (both PO), but whatever.

Also, that is a irrelevant fact concerning Bupe RT because the ceiling effect of bupe is higher than the tolerance of most people who use it for ORT. I know I feel like crap for a day, and its takes around 4 days before I am feeling fine. Basically I am masking w/d from heroin with Bupe, as best possible. Most people with regardless of tolerance can taper quickly following the acute phase of their DOC's w/d. and maintain at low doses, with less side effects and an easier time transitioning off the if they desire. Its not even possible to achieve an equianalgesic dose of Bupe to many addictions. Sure you can throw the ceiling effect out the window and give people 16-32 mg even though its not making a damn difference compared to 4-8 mg, but its pointless.

Thank you - that's what I'm doing suboxone n therapy.

Thank you. I really appreciate that :)
Would you please close the thread? I
Think I will do as you suggested n do a search I feel that if potential new posters see some of the judgemental comments it may put the off posting. Thank you so very much for your help x

Yeah I'll close it. If after your search you still have questions and want help making a specific taper plan, make a post in the suboxone megathread and we'll help you out.

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.