• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe I hate suboxone n want off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that sub-lingual or another ROA?

I know I can get to that point, too, but it takes at least a week after the initial phase of acute heroin w/d subsides, which is just being made bearable by the suboxone masking the majority of the symptoms.

Yeah its sublingual with the strips. Sometimes an energy boost and moodlift comes along with it! :) Low dose sub FTW try it peeps

Giving the OP suboxone for a codeine habit sounds overkill; I can't believe how keen some treatment providers are to prescribe it. I knew somebody who was taking 120mgs of dhc, and was prescribed bupe, a far more powerful drug-it's reckless imo.

^ 120mg oral DHC is about 3.5mg sublingual pure bupe for me. subjective effects wise. I've had a lot of exp with both. I don't see why a doc would even change since the DHR SR has a pretty decent half life .

DHC is a nicer high IMO.

Did anyone put weight on when on subsux???? I've put a ruckload on n its depressing me. I am thinking of maybe cold turkeying off it. A friend cold turkeyed off 12 mg.

I have put weight on, but I've been exercising less; I don't think the drugs totally to blame. Then again, it slows me down and makes me less active, though. Personally, I've been on it for 8 years and feel trapped by it, coming off is scary to me after such a long time.

Lately I've been thinking cold turkey is the way to go as well, for the simple reason that sub blocks all my useful detox drugs I've been stockpiling: kratom, loperamide, tramadol etc

Last edited:
Woe you guys a passionate over this. Look I did do cold water extraction. Got bored as it took an hour to do that plus codeine is very sensitive to heat n light so I lost some of it. As you know when you're addicted you want as much as much so I thought f in had it straight. I bought 112 of 60 mg codeine tabs per fortnight plus the 15 mg plus codeine linctus cough syrup which contained 600 mg codeine n I'd easily have two of those plus other stuff in one day.
I used to binge on the 60 mg tabs like they were sweets.

I tried many times to quit and I tried many times to taper but I did not work. I had suicidal thoughts n was a completr mess. Plus my parents expected me to go there every time I need a tablet so which causing problems in my relationship with them.

There's a lot of judgement with this n no disrespect but non of you here no me or my situation. I chose the method. I am not asking for your ipinions as to whether or not codeine addicts should be prescribed suboxone or not n as to whether non IV users should be prescribed nalaxone or not. My area only does suboxone. It's that simple.
I ASKED for suboxone because I needed out of that situation plus I have a four year old who needs me to be.well to look after her n to be there for her. Withdtawal so hell for me n I had no motivation n wasn't responding to my little one as I should have done.
I am simply asking for SUPPORT in coming OFF suboxone WITHOUT this judgement. Not too much to ask is it?

Anyway off to an indoor play area with my little one.

Evey xxx

Mr scagnat I've only just seen your post - sorry for triple posting. I will use the 'edit' button in futue.

Beachcat thank you for you response. It was non-judgemental n what I was after x

Last edited:
If you really want off, you mine as well taper. Going cold turkey is just causing yourself unnecessary discomfort. Start weening down a little bit each day, or each week, however slow you want to taper.

Do people really do 3g of heroin a day? That would be 120 bags of heroin per day in New Jersey wtf lol. One bag will get a normal person high here. The stamp bags are always sealed with the stamp over the tape (excuse me, I just looked at my collection. Most of the bags have the stamp over it. Ruins the image but nice to kno there not fucked with) A bag here weighs 20-30mg.

For tapering off I'd do 8mg every other day for 5 days, then 4mg everyday for 4 days, then 2mg everyday for a week, then 1mg for 5 days, then .5mg for another 5 days and then quit.

I'm prescribed 8mg a day too. I can go 48hrs without it with no serious withdraws. It's all in ur head.

Last edited:
I agree with cold turkey, it's worst, but also the best because it's fastest way..if you attempt sub I use to cut mine down 8mg into 4s and I was good for 2-3 days. I only used sub when I couldn't find any thing else, downfall you can't feel opiates for at least 24-36 hours after taking subs. There's a lot of great info on BL about subs.

Edit: Life exp is also long so it stays in your system for quite a while and in works. As Mr scagnat said no point to start high dose,because during the end of the process you will probably develop tolerance and encounter another WDs of subs and THEY ARE ALOT WORSE than opiate WDs.
Sorry for caps, just wanted to really point out the side effect of subs

Best of luck to you and before you know it, it's over. By reding your posts your life will provide more support thru PAWS.
Edit: if you tamper off be careful, because most likely will require some kind of combination of meds, at lease in most cases. Imodium worked great and it's a opiate,but dose not cross BBB of course you don't want to take 20mgs :) it will help the belly 100% 2mg a day was plants for me. When I attempted my cold turkey I used small doses of adderall instead of sub, and low dose of Benz to stay asleep.

Last edited:
I have learned thru experiences with people tapering that feeling reductions when you are taking over 2mgs can be more of a mental mindfuck than feeling true physical feelings. The brain is a mysterious powerful organ.

People that have tapered tell me that in order to feel control over their taper...they pick a day to hold off taking there dose as long as they can and they ignore any physical sensations for 24-48 hours...they get as close to real withdrawal as they can....it's to seee just how long you can go and exactly what the true w/d's start to feel like. They do this many times and they said their brain gets used to not having it and it calms them down to know they can go a long time before the truew/d's really start to happen.

Because of this advice when I started to taper I tried it and found I could go 40 hours before I started feeling bigtime w/d's. I was able to dose every 36 hours and my brain was happy with that....I was in control of the taper after that.....it wasn't until I got real low that I started feeling crappy.

Hope this helps.

Hi. Here is my suggestion for getting off of the subs.

Immediately drop your daily dosage to 4 mgs. Stay at this dosage for 1 week.
Next week, drop your daily dosage to 2 mgs for one week.
The following week, drop your daily dosage to 1 mgs for one week.
The following week, drop your daily dosage to .5 mgs. Stay at this dosage until you stabilize. In my experience, you probably won't really notice the drops too badly until you get down to around 1 mgs, but it should not be too terrible; you can adjust the timeframes i've suggested to accommodate your personal experience. Essentially you want to remain at each dose until you stabilize on it. It will not be completely pain free, but it should be doable.
The week after you drop to .5, I would alternate days of .5 and .25 for a week or 2. Then drop to .25 every day for a week or 2. Then stay at .25, but begin dosing less frequently, i.e., .25 every 36-48 hrs. Then try to do something like .25 every 2-3 days. Then make the jump.

Like i said, this will not be pain free, but it should be relatively easy to reduce amounts until you get down to less than 2 mgs. Then just take it slow and continue reducing regularly. Be strong. You can get through this. As others have said, when you get down low, you may wish to throw some other substances in the mix. Loperamide is very helpful. The occasional benzo, etc. can be helpful in moderation. There are numerous threads on this, so just do some research, and you will be able to get off the sub without going through absolute hell anyway. Good luck!

I bought 112 of 60 mg codeine tabs per fortnight plus the 15 mg plus codeine linctus cough syrup which contained 600 mg codeine n I'd easily have two of those plus other stuff in one day.
I used to binge on the 60 mg tabs like they were sweets.
Ok I understand better, the codeine in cough syrups are never codeine base. No way a bottle of cough syrup contains 600mg of codeine base So don't worry, you were not doing 800mg of codeine a day, make the conversion (of whatever form of codeine was in you syrup/pills) and you'll happily find out that your daily dose was closer to 500mg (the ceiling dose, from 450 to 550 from individual to individual).

I also feel that with bupe, "more is less".

as long as your not suicidal, cold turkey....I don't know your willpower....I don't know your life situation.....but I do know cold turkey is light years ahead of replacement therapy in success rate

as long as your not suicidal, cold turkey....I don't know your willpower....I don't know your life situation.....but I do know cold turkey is light years ahead of replacement therapy in success rate

Pardon, but just...what?

If you really want off, you mine as well taper. Going cold turkey is just causing yourself unnecessary discomfort. Start weening down a little bit each day, or each week, however slow you want to taper.

Do people really do 3g of heroin a day? That would be 120 bags of heroin per day in New Jersey wtf lol. One bag will get a normal person high here. The stamp bags are always sealed with the stamp over the tape (excuse me, I just looked at my collection. Most of the bags have the stamp over it. Ruins the image but nice to kno there not fucked with) A bag here weighs 20-30mg.

For tapering off I'd do 8mg every other day for 5 days, then 4mg everyday for 4 days, then 2mg everyday for a week, then 1mg for 5 days, then .5mg for another 5 days and then quit.

I'm prescribed 8mg a day too. I can go 48hrs without it with no serious withdraws. It's all in ur head.

Ok I understand better, the codeine in cough syrups are never codeine base. No way a bottle of cough syrup contains 600mg of codeine base So don't worry, you were not doing 800mg of codeine a day, make the conversion (of whatever form of codeine was in you syrup/pills) and you'll happily find out that your daily dose was closer to 500mg (the ceiling dose, from 450 to 550 from individual to individual).

I also feel that with bupe, "more is less".

Excuse me I WAS taking 800mg+ codeine a day. No offence but you did not live my life or see the the amount of codeine I was taken, the concoction of tablets etc. whilst I really appreciate n am thankful to those of you who have given me advice re getting off suboxone, I am starting to get extremely annoyed at the judgement n assumption from some posters. I think I will take some time- out from reading this thread, ok.
A codeine addiction is just as serious as heroin etc i have been through hell n it's affected my life.

Like I said thank you to those of you who have given me advice. I will take a screen shot with my iPhone n take time to read them.

I believe you Evey because my grandpa was severely addicted to codeine tablets because he had a bad spinal condition. Into his 70's and I'm not sure what his doctors prescribed him (they lived in Michigan and I'm in Florida) Gramps would send my aunts and uncles to Toronto to buy bottles of Tylenol 2. I do not know how he lived to be 87 see he was in lots of pain, no doubt. But he was easily consuming 40 pills a day sometimes more from what I was told.

Excuse me I WAS taking 800mg+ codeine a day. No offence but you did not live my life or see the the amount of codeine I was taken, the concoction of tablets etc.
No offence taken, but no cough syrup contains 600mg of codeine base by bottle.

A codeine addiction is just as serious as heroin
Well, that's just like, your opinion man. I doubt it is shared by the majority of heroin addicts though.

I don't think it makes too much difference, whether a person is hooked on heroin, oxy, codeine or whatever. They end up in the same place of needing xx amount of drug in order to get buzzed/function every day. I read a story a while back with a lady who was prescribed suboxone because she had gotten addicted to loperamide, of all things. This doctor had her taking 16 mg a day and instead of tapering, he suggested that she may need it for maybe 2 years! Some of the things I read on forums and think, wow how do these things happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.