• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

I don't need drugs to enjoy myself..or do i?

i dont need drugs to enjoy myself but ive found that they improve on almsot anything, if done with moderation of course.

I used to need weed to enjoy myself. Everything had to be tried 'on weed'! Dumb as shit looking back.

Always tickles me reading those comments of PooToob - "Wow! Everybody needs to see this ON WEED!!!" :D

I've never tried weed. Never even smoked a fag. In fact the only drugs I've ever had is codeine, alcohol n 3-FPM. I know I'm a saddo lol

Lack of extensive drug use doesn't make anybody a "saddo". Equally, as has been noted by many above, use of drugs also doesn't make anybody a "saddo". As you said yourself...

Awh I feel that people should be allowed to put what they like in their bodies n shouldn't be judged for it or made a criminal or whatever. Everyone is different. I don't like control like that. Feel we should all be allowed to do what we wish within reason <3

Live n not live.

some one's seen half baked.... Personally I don't see how one can function on weed. That's sleepy time stuffs for me.

Weed has never made me sleepy or tired really. I could function fine on it day to day, it's amazing how the mind gets used to being in that state all the time. Just looking back it became my only hobby after a while and I sometimes think about how much more productively I could have used some of that time/money.

But anyway I had a lot of fun in those years. Everyone needs a stoner period in their youth, it's like a rite of passage.

I cannot and will not imagine life without drugs. They are so ingrained in my life that I will continue to take them until I die (except fuckin opiates - I've kicked those fuckers well and truly into touch...)

"I don't need drugs to enjoy life, only to enhance it".

Or something. I go through phases where life is enough, and phases where I need a bit extra.

Most things are enhanced by smoking weed though right? As long as there's no danger of having to communicate with someone who isn't stoned I reckon its a pretty safe bet.

Do you think you'll be using drugs into your dotage like Lemmy? Or can you see a point when you'll "retire"?

The drugs must be of sufficient purity tho...where is atm23 when needed...

Do you think you'll be using drugs into your dotage like Lemmy? Or can you see a point when you'll "retire"?

The drugs must be of sufficient purity tho...where is atm23 when needed...

Atm23 is Allein he's told you a few times now lol

I need drugs to tolerate some of the prattle that comes out around here

If it's that bad log off for awhile =D

Evey

Last edited:
I've always had a keen interest in drug induced perception from a young age, experimented with HBWS, nutmeg and salvia as a young teen. At that point, I was genuinely fascinated at the mystery of the unknown.... if it happened to feel good then that was nothing more than a lucky bonus.

It when I started getting into the mindset of "this will enhance this situation" that drugs began to change. I was 16 around the time mephedrone was legal, so that was a pretty powerful party powder/social lubricant for someone so inexperienced and young. Similarly, I began to find hanging out with friends was always better when it was hanging out with friends getting drunk/high/whatever. With cannabis, the mindset of THIS would sound so much better or THIS would be so much more hilarious/delicious while stoned became a part of my daily thinking. I was smoking daily as soon as I could afford it around age 18 anyway, but I think this triggered a thought process which has resulted in my current need to get high. I could make a very long post, going through my drug history and explaining how my relationship which these substances altered my daily life, but the point I am trying to make is that I programmed myself into a position where I really do not cope well without daily drug use. I have luckily cut out most of the more damaging drugs from my current lifestyle (I used to be severely addicted to benzos, with some serious abuse of alcohol, dissociatives and stmulants thrown on top.

However, I have never been able to get out of the state of mind that my sober self is an inadequate experience when I want to enjoy my life the most. I have no problems going to work and helping with peoples problems for like 7 hours a day, and doing my best to responsibly help anyone in need. HOWEVER, I simply can't accept that in my free time, if I am to sit down with some tunes or a film or kick back with a close group of friends (i.e. activities that drugs will enhance), I cannot accept that I can be at my happiest in life if I was to never touch another substance again. I'd simply be haunted by the knowledge of how much better it could be.

And for that reason I imagine I will probably be using drugs for the rest of my life, to keep trying to optimise my experience. I still love surreal lynchian cinema/tv, but you better believe I am enjoying the immersive world soooo much more now that I'm bumping ket through the experience. I still enjoy blasting techno, darkpsy, math rock, post rock, metal etc etc etc., but not as much as I do on 'x' drug that goes well with that music.

So I suppose you could say I don't NEED drugs to enjoy life. But I DO feel an intense need to pursue drug use to feel that I am getting the most enjoyment out of a given situation.

So it really depends on how literally you take the question as to what my answer is. I do get SERIOUSLY bored when I don't have access to any of the drugs I want at a given moment. I'm not looking to stop taking drugs, just take drugs that cause least problems in my life while filling that hole. 3-meo-pcp has been the only drug I've found that might fit that description (can use responsibly, don't get bored of it, don't withdraw when supply is gone).

For now, it has been difficult to obtain and I have been resorting to less wholesome drugs.

EDIT: Obviously, there are also drugs like psychedelics and MDMA etc which are simply not suitable for daily use. I recognise this, the need to get high daily refers specifically to drugs that fill that close that gap between everyday life and dissatisfaction.

Last edited: