• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

I don't need drugs to enjoy myself..or do i?

Ismene

Bluelighter
I vaguely remember asking this question a few years ago but seeing as the bluelight clientele has changed so much i'm curious again...do you find your life is basically shite without drugs? Or do drugs just add a little fun and excitement to what is otherwise an enjoyable existence?

I'd have to say without drugs, particularly psychedelics, my life would be bearable when times are good but when times are bad without the consolation of drugs it would be shite on toast. And out of the top 10 best experiences of my life I'd have to say all 10 of them involved psychedelic drugs.

Over to you my darlings.

I've been off the drugs for 3 years and life was fine.
I got smashed 2 weeks ago and I'm thinking of doing some mdma tonight once my kids are asleep and I'd be totally fine with doing another 3 years off after that.
All depends on where your at really

Did for the longest time but drastically cut down my drug (including alcohol) usage a couple years back and must say I've felt much better for it. I certainly do still enjoy my chemical jaunts - and there are still situations I would pretty much always choose to partake in - but I can definitely enjoy myself just fine without anything these days.

I can't really bother typing out my history of use (I've mentioned bits of it here and to various members), but to cut a long story short, I my current attitude towards drugs along with my level of use and abuse is pretty reasonable at the moment RELATIVELY SPEAKNG. My life was a trainwreck for 2 to 3 years (seriously heavy polydrug abuse, in particular but not limited to, heavy benzo abuse, romantisation and abuse of party drugs which develped from extremely frequent and often inappropriate MDMA use to heavy ketamine and mephedrone use. I don't really count psychedelics here, I know many people will disagree with that but i have gone pretty heavy with them and often pushed boundaries (extreme doses in intense situations, ridiculous dissociative abse, even high dose salvia extract accidentally while in serious depression), yet none of my interest in them seems to relate to my pull towards other recreational drugs. Anyway, pretty soon I was regularly doing drugs alone, anything I could get my hands on if my favourites weren't available, the chase of the high became the primary occupation of my mind. At that point, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that I needed drugs to enjoy myself (and I even mean that if I completely ignore the serious physical dependencies I was forming). By the end of this period, I was using ridiculous amounts of various RC benzos daily, along with daily alcohol use (literally taking swigs out of a cheap bottle of spirits), and opiates, dissociatives and stimulants at a not infrequent rate.

I'd be lying if I said I have my life together now. I have absolutely loved the freedom of enjoying great drugs as I please once more, and I am already feeling twinges of disappointment at the fact that the coke and speed are now gone, irrespective of the fact I have plenty seriously strong heroin and a good chunk of hash within arms reach. I know tomorrow when the heroin is gone, that feeling of disappointment will intensify. Finally when the rest of the current party stash is gone and normal life resumes, i have NO DOUBT at all I am going to be craving the ability to get those feels. In a week, It wil still be on my mind but less so. The same thing usually happens the next week. The point is, learning to love sober life gets easier with time. However, you will never entirely forget your desire to use, assuming you are like me and are a person that is passionate about good highs. I have plenty of other interests in life, and I could certainly live without drugs if I had to. So I guess the answer to the question is a yes, but with a big BUT..... I don't need drugs to be happy, but there will always be a part of me that WANTS drugs so that I can be even happier.

I think it is going to take a serious change in my life (career, girlfriend, serious change in world viewpoint) in order for me to reach a stage where I don't plan to use drugs. I'd like to think I'd be able to continue my lifestyle (and the last week isntrepresenative of my everyday), I could do so without coming into too much major trouble but I know how easy it is to suffer from comedowns nd withdrawals. I've been caught out again, and sadly I think the chances are I'll get caught out again. I just have to minimise the damage until a better option comes along :)

I don't need drugs for enjoyment of my life. I must say that they help though.

When I use cannabis daily I have increased libido and reduced chronic pain.

When I use alcohol I sleep better and am less prone to anxiety.

Overuse of either also has detrimental effects, so Nowdays I have regular spells without.

What if instead of drugs we were talking about masturbation? Why is so wrong to engage in something enjoyable? We can't all be zen monks about it.

Hedonism is all good.

Drugs have been great to me.

Which I'd rather be than a straight edge puritanical piece of shit innit.

What if instead of drugs we were talking about masturbation? Why is so wrong to engage in something enjoyable? We can't all be zen monks about it.

Hedonism is all good.

Drugs have been great to me.

This.

There is a negative moralistic implication in the question that drug use is a weakness. A complete volte-face on the fact that it is straight life itself that holds us down with moralist imperatives and dichotomies that make us feel weak.

Do I need a holiday to enjoy myself? No, but its a great fucking bonus on the drudgery of existence.

Awh I feel that people should be allowed to put what they like in their bodies n shouldn't be judged for it or made a criminal or whatever. Everyone is different. I don't like control like that. Feel we should all be allowed to do what we wish within reason <3

I am choosing to abstain because I suffer addiction issues n so taking substances, for me, causes me various issues.

Live n not live. I don't feel that drugs should be used to replace life but as a bonuse...to enhance things. Unfortunately, for me, I simply cannot do this <3

Evey

I used to need weed to enjoy myself. Everything had to be tried 'on weed'! Dumb as shit looking back.

I still rely on weed but I don't need to be stoned all the time.

I use it Friday to Sundays for enhancement of Films, Playstation, MUSIC and books. I don't drink very often so it's my substitute for ethanol as far as having something to look forward to come Friday is concerned, as I'm getting towards the business end of a 70ml methadone reduction so I can't afford to fuck around with any further regular use of on top heroin very often now. Its nice to be able to wear short sleeves now the suns started to come out a little as at last my arms are beginning to clear up fairly nicely.

I fucking love weed, but it's shit if you smoke it every day and it's terrible for mental reflection. Works best when you have some sort of stimulus as described above.

Yup, it's too easy to convince yourself that weed improves every activity. I stopped smoking daily last year and I've seen improvements in basically all aspects of my life. I usually only smoke at the weekends now but my cutting down hasn't decreased the veracity of my weed appetite when I do have it. If I'm at work and know I have some weed to go home to, it makes the day go in that little bit better.

I used to need weed to enjoy myself. Everything had to be tried 'on weed'! Dumb as shit looking back.

some one's seen half baked.... Personally I don't see how one can function on weed. That's sleepy time stuffs for me.

I've never tried weed. Never even smoked a fag. In fact the only drugs I've ever had is codeine, alcohol n 3-FPM. I know I'm a saddo lol

Evey

I like to think I could enjoy myself on a social evening out without drugs. But the overwhelming majority of evidence suggests otherwise.

Actually, there's someone that says this much better than I ever will: Doug Stanhope.
https://vimeo.com/80296419