• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

i don't get weed to be honest

neurotic

Bluelighter
this thread is kinda pointless and i'm kinda high so take it easy

so i smoke weed for what like 2 years, in the past few months been a daily to almost daily smoker (before that i had only smoked a few times, like less than monthly), that is, before my 1 or 2 week break, that ended this weekend, and this time i think i'm giving it up for good.

in the period i smoked everyday i liked the way weed made me see things, differently, and i learned something new everyday, but still felt empty, dull, distant... and constantly wondering about my sanity. i got super duper stoned yesterday night (more like today 5am) to the point i could barely function and i still feel some lingering effects, like going out and buying a soda and then a necklace to my mom as a gift was like the hardest task ever.

i feel kinda far from reality still, and like i'm losing the grip on my sanity. so, does anyone feel like this about weed? the weed high has always been something very intense for me, even a slight high, like, idk. do i have some latent insanity that weed brings out?

and what do you guys that enjoy weed, enjoy about weed? because i'm serious i don't get weed, if i smoked weed all day every day for any longer i guess i'd be out of the solar system.

weed isn't for me i guess. this is not the first time i wonder about this kind of stuff too you know, weed and insanity.

thoughts?

also one more thing one thing i always get when high and would describe the weed high for me the best, it's like there is a question in the air, something i don't know or just can't get to... and i'm constantly wondering, who knows the answer to the weed question? yeah, stoned thoughts...

mods i'm sorry if this thread is shit i just had to vent

Last edited:
Why on earth did you smoke weed daily for months on end if you didn't see the appeal of it?

i usually get drunk and smoke weed like 3-5 days a week, and i don't really like weed.

give it up man. if its having negative affects on your life or you no longer see the point of smoking, then just give it up. I'm typically a daily smoker, and i find that if i take a break for a week then my head is a lot clearer and i can focus better and i feel sharper.

Why on earth did you smoke weed daily for months on end if you didn't see the appeal of it?

i'm a bit immature yeah

but it's not like i was buying kilos of weed and smoking it then wondering 'hell, why do i do this'. more like never refusing when weed is around, and i'm around it a lot, in these months there were probably less than 5 times where i initiated smoking myself. but i see this is dumb, just never thought before of saying 'nahh i'll pass, don't smoke', but i'll be saying this a lot from now on. it's not like i hate weed too, but the fun faded out and i'm left worrying about me going crazy

I enjoy the visuals and relaxation. %)

interesting, i find the visuals to be too intense

i usually get drunk and smoke weed like 3-5 days a week, and i don't really like weed.

i'm not the only one it seems

give it up man. if its having negative affects on your life or you no longer see the point of smoking, then just give it up. I'm typically a daily smoker, and i find that if i take a break for a week then my head is a lot clearer and i can focus better and i feel sharper.

yeah, thats what im gonna do, thanks for the words man. the constant wondering about my sanity is too much for me. i said before that weed taught me things, well these last times i smoked it, it taught me weed's not for me...

It's just a classic "not for everyone" kind of thing.
I feel quite grateful to get profound, useful effects from pot. It wasnt always the case; i think a certain degree of tolerance is useful in getting the best from cannabis.
Lots of people find it difficult - you're not alone.

I like smoking pot because it ends boredom. Bored? Just smoke some pot, now you're entertained for 3 hours! I have a special place in my heart for pot, I doubt I'll ever straight up quit.

^ same.
Seems lots of people respond in different ways though. Leaning towards anxiety, confusion, panic.

^ I agree about tolerance too. Weed is in it's prime when it's a major part of you life. The experience when low on tolerance can be downright intense. When you've been smoking hash for a few weeks, blazing a large amount is just pure relaxation.

I also find it self-regulating in the sense that the more I smoke, the less high I seem to get.

Paradoxically*, if I cut back, I get way higher off way less.

Having said that, I've been smoking weed off and on (but very regularly for the most part) for 17 years so there is a certain tolerance that I cant seem to shake.
I vividly recall trying to keep up with my (pot head) friends' intake when I wasn't smoking much....and having a shitty time.

But like any drug (particularly psychedelics - which I take to include weed) set and setting is everything.

Last edited:
I barely smoke once every other week and I get blasted high, I like to only smoke late at night, or some place where it's socially acceptable for me to pass out. I also have insomnia and a sleep schedule that I often (like right now) let get entirely out of hand, and weed certainly curbs that.

^ my use is similar.
I like it for music enhancement also (playing, listening, dancing etc)

Last edited:
I use Marijuana regularly about 4 grams a day, 1 gram of that is medicinal for my anxiety. I know that Marijuana can make people feel the way you have been more likely to happen in people under the age of 25. I remember along time ago when at times the high was too much and I would get paranoid, but my tolerance grew and now smoking a joint is one of my favorite pleasures. It's better than food to me lol. Calms me down, makes me feel like I can conquer anything. Makes me tired when I need to sleep, gets me up in the morning. Weeds my thing <3 I quit opiates and speed, but the weed well she sticks with me, like a good friend. Also they are proving that weed with high CBD helps regenerate the immune system so that's a plus. Hope that helps you understand a bit. Good Luck.

this thread is kinda pointless and i'm kinda high so take it easy

I don't have anything to say other than what's already been contributed but this opening sentence pretty much immediately made me like you.

Why do u guys smoke if u don't like it? Must be young. But I hated weed(quit for years.) Now I smoke everyday. So it's possible you'll change.

Yeah. I take breaks. Years, weeks...hours.
It might be an age thing for some people, but I smoke a lot less now than I did in my teens or 20s.
Each to their own :)

I actually smoke now more(in my late 20's) than I ever did. But I highly suspect it was partly due to being a heroin addict from 20-25.