• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin I didn't get addicted to heroin - Experience report

wirkdy

Bluelighter
hello, as I wrote in my other thread I used heroin for extreme pain relief purposes, I took it only by snorting and I never injected. I took overall like a dozen grams through a 2 months period by snorting few mg almost everyday, then I stopped 2 months ago.
The first days after stopping I missed it probably mostly because it eased my pain and I felt like cold before falling asleep, yeah that wasn't nice. If I still had more I'd have taken it of course but it wasn't so tragic and I managed to cut it.
I'll take it again probably because I still have pain and I'm very stressed and it calms my nervous system down like weed doesn't, but yeah that's my experience so far, it's not that if you try few grams you get addicted and can't do without it.

Heroin's addictiveness has become mythical yet is a bit overstated. According to statistics about half of the people who use it dont become addicted.

However, I'd be wary about letting your guard down. It could still happen down the line.

Yeah well the first time I tried morphine (when I was in high school) I was in a sense instantly addicted, at least on a psychological level. The night I first tried it I was quite distressed, and took a mere 15mg, sat down on the couch to watch TV and gradually felt the warmth and relief wash over me. All my concerns melted away. That night I slept like an infant, and when I woke up the next morning there was a sparkle to the day, light took on this different, softer quality, the sun was shining, the sky was blue. I felt restored, renewed, like a 3 year old waking up from a nap. I was instantly addicted. I thought where has this been all of my life?

hello, as I wrote in my other thread I used heroin for extreme pain relief purposes, I took it only by snorting and I never injected. I took overall like a dozen grams through a 2 months period by snorting few mg almost everyday, then I stopped 2 months ago.
The first days after stopping I missed it probably mostly because it eased my pain and I felt like cold before falling asleep, yeah that wasn't nice. If I still had more I'd have taken it of course but it wasn't so tragic and I managed to cut it.
I'll take it again probably because I still have pain and I'm very stressed and it calms my nervous system down like weed doesn't, but yeah that's my experience so far, it's not that if you try few grams you get addicted and can't do without it.
Hard to come by heroin these days....it was most likely some fent analogue. Good for pain though.

The first time I did black tar heroin at 14 I became instantly psychologically addicted. Profound life changing experience. I'll never forget it.

But yeah, heroin isn't even heroin anymore in the US.

We get Afghan #3 over here.

Yes the media have lied how addictive Heroin is but like @negrogesic said to some people it has a near instant hook in you, heroin & MDPV did this to me the very first time I took them.

As to being actually ill it takes some time, Burroughs said he thinks it takes 2 months of daily use with a nice dose the first time to get hooked & it took me a good 3 months of daily use before I even had a sniff of the nose & 1 nights rough sleep. 21 years later I can have my nose running like a broke tap & the whole lot after using for 2 days.

Not being harsh but the OP has no idea what they are on about in a way, trust me stick on the ride & very soon you'll come off the tracks like everyone else.

The first time I did black tar heroin at 14 I became instantly psychologically addicted. Profound life changing experience. I'll never forget it.

But yeah, heroin isn't even heroin anymore in the US.
First try of drug(besides alc.)-poppy pod.Fell in love at the momentum.Even cigarettes and weed came later in my life

Cool, I shot pure morphine from the hospital yesterday. The rush doesn't give me joy anymore
@Xorkoth why the sad face? That means my fiend days are long gone/over. IIRC, "the anticipation felt better than act itself" that means it's over, it felt so underwhelming that I don't feel the need/cravings to do it again. Seems like that chapter of my life is over. I'm not a kid anymore to keep chasing the dragon like a maniac. I'm close to 30, it's time to put an end to this part of the book and turn the page.
NAMASTE 🤍

The first time it can take a year or so to get seriously addicted, specially when sticking to lower dosages and using for pain - something about pain works against opiates, Idk if this is true but I read that people in pain tolerate quite a bit more of mu agonists without rushing into respiratory depression.

Without all the mythress around opioid addiction and withdrawal (I expected something stronger and worse than anything ever experienced which is just not true) I wouldn't have gone into opioid maintenance at all instead of spending 3 years on different opioid replacements, ruining them forever.

Also, weirdly, it sometimes takes time and tolerance before opiates become really enjoyable (or NMDA antagonism like in methadone. Was the only opioid I enjoyed before tolerance, this and codeine). So I'd suggest to take any possibility of NOT getting addicted to STOP them.

My points basically are, as negentropic wrote, that heroin addictivness (not referring to injection which I don't know about) is extremely exagerated in today's society, heroin is also extremely and unjustly demonized, taken correctly it's just a medicine as it was initially developed (diamorphine) and with way less bad symptoms than other nasty stuff that doctors fill poor patients up with for years and years making them zombies.

Honestly I think the doses of heroin I took contributed to decrease pain immensively and also did some healing.

Cool, I shot pure morphine from the hospital yesterday. The rush doesn't give me joy anymore
yep, 3rd degree burns and a hospital stay with round the clock dilaudid injections did it to me. it just became a job. when you've literally had a million rushes in a row it's like any high intensity activity - the brain just becomes used to it. I also experience the "oh this will be great" then do it and "meh" or even negative as i get bitchier/shittier feeling. still works for pain relief which is only reason i use them anymore. but yeah, i feel you 100% on this.

Every drug has its own mythology for every individual.
In the 70s/early 80s I snorted coke now&then. I could take it or leave it. Hated crack. Late 80s I IVed coke and IT WAS ON!!
I IVed H and Dilaudid a couple times and thought nice but I can do without.
Years later I got hooked on oral oxycodone.
Go figure.

yep, 3rd degree burns and a hospital stay with round the clock dilaudid injections did it to me. it just became a job. when you've literally had a million rushes in a row it's like any high intensity activity - the brain just becomes used to it. I also experience the "oh this will be great" then do it and "meh" or even negative as i get bitchier/shittier feeling. still works for pain relief which is only reason i use them anymore. but yeah, i feel you 100% on this.
The anticipation feels better than the act itself...

You treated it just like pain pills that have the same effect and like 98% of ppl don't get addicted to.

When that needle comes out though it's all over.

If you use it purely for pain more power to you. It's still dangerous as hell because the unknown amounts of fentanyl in your drugs could easily be lethal. But once you start using it to calm your nerves, and just because, then you need to have serious concerns about your use.