• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I can't get high from IV heroin anymore.

i feel like if youre not getting high from INJECTING HEROIN, its definitely time to take a break. i mean, to think that you are barely feeling something that would kill most people in this world...

Heroin only kills 2,000 people in the US, and people with a heroin tolerance typically never OD from heroin by itself.

Totally Understand

I am actually in the same boat. I have been on Suboxone for about a year, but I am down from 16mg to only 2mg. I haven't really used at all for that year since I have been on it (a true lifesaver really) but I recently stop taking the subs for a weekend.

I sniffed a little less than a 1/4 of a gram and got really faded on Thursday, a day after I didnt take the subs. BUT then yesterday (Friday) I shot almost a whole half gram over a couple of shots, and wasn't high AT ALL.

It was absolutely bizarre! Today, same thing. I don't know why that is happening, I missed a little bit of the shot, but still; no rush, no nod, nothing. I would like to know why though, that's for sure!

people are missing the obvious answer here.

The rush that you experience when you IV dope is the feeling of the drug crashing thru the BBB all at once and flooding your receptors. when you IV for a while you learn to associate the rush with the high , and if you dont get the rush, the high is barely noticeable.

Becuz you are on suboxone, the 'receptor flood' aint happening when you boot the dope since there is still residual amounts of bupe blocking them. When you sniff its a more gradual feeling and you dont expect the rush. you are able to recognize the gradual high since you expect the gradual high.

when you IV on bupe, its very common for it to reduce, tone down, kind of "mute" the rush, ive experienced it too. thats just how it is when you use on sub, unless you use more than your usual dose and double up or get some real fire dope. (BTW, some people are able to get really high and break thru the bupe easily, 8-12 hours after takin small doses of sub, and others have to wait 36 hours to even feel a little bit, so its different for each person.) but it sounds like for you, yuo are one of the people who needs to be off the sub for a really good chunk of time before you can even start to feel dope in a normal way again.

In your situation, you are still feeling the effect when you boot the dope, but just more subdued and less noticeable. its just that you are missing the rush and becuz you aint gettin it , you are thinking that you aint high when you really are. the sniffing the bags is just boosting up the high thats already there when you add it on, and becuz you shot X number of bags and then sniffed another one, it kinda pushed you over the edge and you realized just how high you really were. It wasnt that that single bag got you rocked, its that it was just enough for you to finally recognize that you WERE high--the shots of dope that you did before you sniffed the bag, was really the force behind that, the sniffed bag was just the thing that tipped you over the edge to high ville.

The IV dope just aint noticeable to you when you IV becuz the leftover sub is blockin your receptors and preventing the feeling of the dope overpowering you as it crashes into your brain that you are used to and you associate the rush with a high-without it you feel ripped off like you aint high. And when you tried shootin again after you alredy booted and sniffed a few bags, of course it didnt do shit--your receptors by this time, at least the ones not covered by bupe, was already totally flooded with the dope. so by that point there was no room for anything else to latch on there, and that will also prevent you from really feeling much of an effect-you just hit the ceiling. if you wait a few hours for them to clear off again, it will have more of a effect, but when you just boot or sniff a bunch of bags one after the other, you do get a cumulative high, but you dont NOTICE the high as it comes becuz the feeling of "coming up" or the rush, is the feeling of the receptors bein hit with the drug, without that feeling the high is much less obvious and more subtle.

I also agree that this thread is mad self serving and coulda been answered pretty damn easily if the Op showed a lil bit of effort and read thru the many threads we already got here.

engElle--The pins and needles 'itchy" feeling you are experiencing is caused by unacetylated morphine in the dope you are gettin. Ive had the same thing happen to me, i was doin 7, 8, 9, 10 bag shots in my days of bein on dope too. when you do that many bags at once with the unacetylated morph. in them, that itchy, burning pins and needles sensation is so strong that it overtakes your entire body and basically overpowers the rush, you end up not feelin the rush at all. by the time the pinz n needles feeling leaves, the rush is already past and you left with the 'high', the thing is the bags are prolly just shitty bags and aint got much legs to them.lots of bags you get a decent, ok, or even good rush but afterwards the high aint much of nothing, so you prolly caught some bags that were like that, didnt feel the rush cuz the u.a. morphine, and then are left feeling ripped off since the dope aint good enough to have staying power and give you a decent high other than the rush.

Last edited:
^I'm sorry but what the fuck does that have to do with anything HAHA. I think most people are IV users with snorters being more rare.

^I'm sorry but what the fuck does that have to do with anything HAHA. I think most people are IV users with snorters being more rare.

I understand what he means though. Insuffulated oxycodone will last a lot longer than IV oxycodone. Have you taken oxycodone IN/orally, and IV? There's quite a bit of difference in duration.

wow, this is really interesting. you can get high IN but not IV while on bupe???? i mean it makes no sense but experience trumps sense. how many dr's would claim that you cant inject bupe because of the naloxone...it doesnt make sense....to them...because they are doctors and not pharmacologists. so maybe there is something here we dont know.

of course bupe would block any opioid, but why would a dif ROA make a difference? i would like to hear more about this. wow.

It makes sense, Think of the IV rush as a christmas tree with lights. Your getting the rush your (opiate receptors) lighting up (The christmas tree lights). This is because they are turning on almost instantly, causing the sensation. But think of somone on suboxone as having lets just say 25% of there christmas lights on already. It's going to dull the experience because not as many lights are going to light up sense some are already on.

That's the best I could explain it, the terminology I was looking for was to complex for me to use.

I think another poster said it well though, most people assosiate the IV high with the rush. So once that's gone there not interested in the normal high like somone who snorts, and gets a longer duration high.

wow, this is really interesting. you can get high IN but not IV while on bupe???? i mean it makes no sense but experience trumps sense. how many dr's would claim that you cant inject bupe because of the naloxone...it doesnt make sense....to them...because they are doctors and not pharmacologists. so maybe there is something here we dont know.

of course bupe would block any opioid, but why would a dif ROA make a difference? i would like to hear more about this. wow.

read my post like 3 or 4 posts up and I explained the whole thing. Its very easy to understand, i dont get why so many people are so stumped by this question becuz it makes perfect sense and its a pretty obvious answer.

Similar problem but not on subs!

Ok, I have a similar problem. I've noticed I can only get high from the first shot of the day. After that I'm just wasting my stuff, and damn have I wasted ALOT trying to figure this out. Also, I am NOT on subs and never have been. But no matter how much I do, no matter how long I wait, I can't get ANY effects whatsoever after my first shot in the morning. My morning shot blasts me into outer space. But I have to wait until the next morning before I can get high again. Very strange indeed.

Ok, I have a similar problem. I've noticed I can only get high from the first shot of the day. After that I'm just wasting my stuff, and damn have I wasted ALOT trying to figure this out. Also, I am NOT on subs and never have been. But no matter how much I do, no matter how long I wait, I can't get ANY effects whatsoever after my first shot in the morning. My morning shot blasts me into outer space. But I have to wait until the next morning before I can get high again. Very strange indeed.

There are many factors which interfere with why this is the case for you and possibly others. I never had this problem to be honest.

Have you tried only using twice per day, once when you wake up, and one more right before sleep? It's important to know what potency you have if you do something like this so you don't overdo it. At least possibly have someone by who can monitor you for a while to make sure you're ok?

Yeah, the problem is you are re-dosing too often. When you take your first shot, you have had all night to clear out your opiate receptors, and they are hungry for more. When you boot it up, you get that instant relief that feels amazing. But then you try and do it, lets say, 3-4 hours later, and it doesn't feel half as good. That's because there is still dope binded to your opiate receptors. You said you can't get any effects no matter how long you wait, but I believe if you wait something like 6-7 hours, you will experience the same feeling. You could do a little more each shot while reducing the number of shots to feel better, but make sure not to over-do it. I don't want to tell someone to do bigger shots then OD.

Honestly, it is very simple as to why you are not getting high from IV, while insufflation is getting you high.

You surely know that when you IV heroin, or any other opiate for that matter, if you don't wait long enough before your next shot you wont feel a rush. This also goes for insufflation, meaning that when you have snorted some recently, if you don't wait long enough for it to wear off and bang away immediately, you wont rush. Plain and simple. You probably will agree that the best rush you get from opiates is when your body is craving them because you have begun to withdrawal from the previous hit.

My poison is oxymorphone. I have noticed on countless occasions that if I snort a bunch of Opana ER at night and don't wait long enough into the morning to take a shot of my IRs, not only will I not rush but I wont feel high at all. Not only is the time release mechanism of the ERs still active in the nasal passage, but oxymorphone has a fairly long half life compared to some opiates. So sometimes I would have to make sure I waited 12+ hours to take a shot after snorting some, otherwise I would be severely disappointed with no rush or high. Then I would have to wait even longer for that hit to pass through my bloodstream and THEN I could shoot up and rush. Very annoying.

Even now, when I only IV (doctors stopped giving me ERs), I still have to wait at least 6-8 hours after each shot or I wont feel anything.

So like you said, you were high already when you were prepping the shot. I would imagine if you were high as hell from insufflation and then took a shot, it would only add to your high, making you nod harder, without any kind of rush experienced. The reason you feel a rush from heroin is because it floods your empty receptors all at once. If your receptors are already filled with heroin there is no rush to be felt.

And I'm sure the bupe has some effect as it has a really long half life. It is most likely already satisfying your opiate receptors, not leaving room for the dope.

I dunno, just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I think another poster said it well though, most people associate the IV high with the rush. So once that's gone there not interested in the normal high like someone who snorts, and gets a longer duration high.
Same thing with IV vs. snorted coke.

Yeah, I've tried dosing again at night before bed around 10-11Pm, when my first shot is at the same time every morning, at 7:00am. I just wait until the morning now instead of wasting the dope. I literally have ZERO effect if I don't wait. I figured it had something to do with my receptors being saturated still.

Here's my idea: read the rules and my thread on forum standards. I understand you're new but I'm starting to get pissed off that people can't read the sticky thread titled EVERYONE READ.
In that thread you will see that OD is not for:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=428413

So please don't post again until you have read them.

Otherwise, welcome to BL

Uh, wait a sec. Don't you think the suboxone may be the issue here guys? Read the suboxone/bupe mega thread in the mega threads directory (link in my signature).

nigga you a fucking bitch boy cocksucker, thread gunna help anyone but you? why you such a fucking faggot, huh?

So some of yall aint gettin high when you dose and dose again a lil later.

Weird, ive never had that happen, not feeling a decent shot.

When I smoke heroin I get high. After the fifth or sixth hit I feel a high come on. This is with a massive tolerance caused by other opies.

When I've played around with needles like a first grader using a my-first-sony in the last few months, I've been unable to catch a high. And I definitely hit my veins right - I felt the cool water from the needle leak its way up my arm, yet I felt jack shit. Maybe a little bit different after ten seconds, but zero euphoria. And I would put ALOT of H in the shots.

I'm not on bupe btw.

When I smoke heroin I get high. After the fifth or sixth hit I feel a high come on. This is with a massive tolerance caused by other opies.

When I've played around with needles like a first grader using a my-first-sony in the last few months, I've been unable to catch a high. And I definitely hit my veins right - I felt the cool water from the needle leak its way up my arm, yet I felt jack shit. Maybe a little bit different after ten seconds, but zero euphoria. And I would put ALOT of H in the shots.

I'm not on bupe btw.

It is strange that smoking the dope got you high but shooting got you nowhere..i know from personal experience that smoking dope is an effective way to do it, it certainly beats snorting it. But injecting is the most potent roa. No other roa is greater than injecting, in terms of intensity.

I think you not getting high from shootin has to do with your tolerance. I think it mustve been lower when you smokd the shit, and too high when you took a shot.

i can't get get high off it eiter i think i'ts' a cross tolerance try saying off it for a month and it should get off it for a weak an and see what happens