• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I can't get high from IV heroin anymore.

mvd

Bluelighter
Dead serious. Really puzzles me.

So I've been on Suboxone maintenance for a while now, I'm going to come off it soon. At this point I'm wavering back and forth between the dope and the Suboxone. Mostly, I've been sniffing it, and getting really high when I get decent shit. But if I shoot it, I feel absolutely nothing: no rush, I don't get "higher", nothing.

First example: around 2-years ago when I first started using Suboxone, I stopped for around a week, and shot up a full bag. A friend that I scored with, still deep in his addiction, blasted half a bag and was ripped. I didn't feel a thing, however. Tolerance is pretty subjective, but I thought it was really weird that I felt nothing at all, so I chalked it up to the Suboxone somehow blocking the dope.

A few weeks ago, it was a similar situation, except that I knew I could get high on heroin. I had sniffed for a few days and got really, really high. In fact, I was high when I was prepping the shot. So I blast the bag, and again, I feel nothing, absolutely no change whatsoever. I shot another bag; nothing. At this point, I feel like I should be really high or dead, so I wait a bit and sniff another bag. I can literally feel it hit me and make my high that much more intense.

After that second experience I have no idea what the fuck to think.

edit: I'd tend to think it's the Suboxone having some kind of an effect, too... obviously, it's not blocking the heroin directly, since the bupe is out of my system, and I could get as high as a kite from sniffing... Maybe it rewired my brain somehow.

I'm even more curious knowing that someone else has had a similar experience.

Does anyone have a clue as to why I can get high (seemingly) from sniffing only and not from IV use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Strangely, I've noticed the same thing... I have no idea why.

I've been on suboxone for a while now, and when I've IV'd, I don't feel a rush, and just feel a mellow high come on after a minute or two.

But when I snort a bag? I get a nice "rush" of a body high in my legs... nothing like shooting dope used to be like, but more of an immediate reaction that I get shooting dope now.

I always assumed it was just that I might have had more suboxone in my system blocking the effects when I shoot as opposed to when I snort, I've made sure I got a few days without subs to get high, whereas shooting is a spur of the moment thing.

It's strange that you experience the same thing though...

I wish I had an answer for you.

Here's my idea: read the rules and my thread on forum standards. I understand you're new but I'm starting to get pissed off that people can't read the sticky thread titled EVERYONE READ.
In that thread you will see that OD is not for:

djsim said:
  • Self-serving threads -- ask yourself, is the Q going to benefit anyone else besides you?

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=428413

So please don't post again until you have read them.

Otherwise, welcome to BL

I've been on suboxone for a while now, and when I've IV'd, I don't feel a rush, and just feel a mellow high come on after a minute or two.

Uh, wait a sec. Don't you think the suboxone may be the issue here guys? Read the suboxone/bupe mega thread in the mega threads directory (link in my signature).

Reopen per user request.
I'd tend to think this has to be receptor blockade, but the different effects of administration (IV vs intranasally) is perplexing to me, so worth covering IMO

Suboxone has been developed specifically so that if you inject it, you don't get the rush.

^^

He's not talking about IV bupe anyways.

correct... IV heroin, while on bupe for maintenance.

Anyway, yes, I personally have chalked this up to receptor blockade. It's just seemed a little strange to me that this blockading seems to be stronger concerning IV vs. intranasal. Perplexing for me as well, but only that, perplexing... no insights to offer, sorry.

I'd definitely think it's the blocker causing your problem.
I gotta do double my usual to "push through" the Naloxone. (IV admin)

stay with what works for you... if sniffing it gets you where you need to be... sniff away.

%)

I'd definitely think it's the blocker causing your problem.
I gotta do double my usual to "push through" the Naloxone. (IV admin)

stay with what works for you... if sniffing it gets you where you need to be... sniff away.

%)

its actually the buprenorphine that you having to push through, its has a higher affinity for the receptors than naloxone does so it basically renders the naloxone inactive no matter what ROA you take suboxone in.

^^

Its not the nalexone you are having to push through. The bupe itself is responsible for the blockade. The nalexone is just an ineffective deterrent to IV administration.

What if someone just cant get high from heroin at all anymore?

My tolerance is so high - i am doing 8 bag shots. If i don't do 8 bag shots-i wont catch a nod at all. However, no matter how much i do - i don't really feel high at all, I don't get a rush really. Sometimes - my feet, hands feel like a burning itch - that is my "rush" (which kind of sucks/is painful).

i know it has to be some kind of opiate i am getting - bc i do sleep from the shots?? but i dont understand how i am not getting high at all?

is my tolerance too tooooo high? should i just quit? haha

^ sounds like a tolerance issue. Have you tried switching up your bags try a different product? 8 bag shots are pretty heavy man, and i definitely think its a tolerance issue. Once you stop getting high, what is the point of being a dope head. Time to stop wasting your money and get on some bupe or 'done.

edit: if you do end up switching up bags and find something new, start much lower (like 1 bag) cause the stuff you might be getting right now might just be cut to shit like 10% and there are bags floating around 70-90%. As always, be safe above all else. -Spaz-

Stop being a bitch moderator djsim ; this thread benefits people, get off your high horse

To the OP, it's wierd but seems like it blocks it like that; my advice? Snort..?

Maybe in a couple weeks off of it it will be dif,

^Ahaha, apparently you're on a higher horse than djsim.

Don't insult moderators dude, it does nothing but make you look like a douche.

He reopened the thread anyway as requested by the OP so what's the big deal? I see nothing wrong with djsim's actions.

Stop being a bitch moderator djsim ; this thread benefits people, get off your high horse

To the OP, it's wierd but seems like it blocks it like that; my advice? Snort..?

Maybe in a couple weeks off of it it will be dif,

fuck, get off your high horse. i saw this and was going to close but saw djsim had closed and reopened as per request.

as djsim pointed out this is self serving and everything in here could be found by using the fucking serach engine. it's fucking posts like this that grate the fuck out of me, people who have no idea how this site is run and who like to be spoonfed8).

it definitely got to a point where i was only getting a rush but no high afterwards. very frustrating.