• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

I can't come to my girlfriends daughters Birthday party?

First birthday parties are the fucking worst. I've been to so many over the years and now I have a flat refusal when invited.
Do you think it's maybe time for you to make some friends your own age? I don't mean to judge, but y'know...

This party is for a child.

Party is not for mom.
Party is not for dad.
Party is not for you, the boyfriend.
You are all attendees.

Children thrive under stability, struggle under chaos. If you've been dating for several years then maybe you go to the party. But the children don't need to see a different boyfriend at ever birthday party as they look back at birthday pics over the years. Instead, let them see their cousins and grandparents and other family, their friends, not their parents latest boyfriend or girlfriend. If you marry the mother, become long term, fine, you have a right to be there. One month gives you no such entitlement.

Put your feelings aside, remember if you're an adult that you can put kids feelings before yours and that you should be fine not being at the party. If you can't do that, well perhaps you should reflect if you're mature enough to be in a relationship at all.

Great post.

It's a NEW relationship. I can see why she wouldn't feel comfortable having someone new there around a ton of people.
Yeah man just wait. You'll get your turn to be around the friends and family. Unless you're some sort of hideous c.h.u.d.