• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I believe no duality exists

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
I do not believe that anything is different and that only oneness exists. I believe that every person, place, thing, and idea is the same. I don't see how anything can be separate. If it's true, than I am the only consciousness and I am the same as the all matter, space, and time in the universe. All is one and one is all. Imagine there being no separation between anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was tripping on CH's (RIP) acid I had visions of yes and no etc being so easily flipped.
let's all hope that someone's acid doesn't become a "sacramental". I have Owsley acid, doe that make my visions special ?

Experience is just that. We have finite brains so only have finite understanding of any experience.

We all see fragments of the total picture. It might be best not to ascribe a firm understanding of the infinite. It is, perhaps, a fool's errand. ;)

why does there have to be dual in one? because it is actually 0...?
idk

I do not believe that anything is different and that only oneness exists. I believe that every person, place, thing, and idea is the same. I don't see how anything can be separate. If it's true, than I am the only consciousness and I am the same as the all matter, space, and time in the universe. All is one and one is all. Imagine there being no separation between anything.
Duality isn't supposed to be taken as two different things, in fact the opposite.

The yin and yang symbol teaches us that while duality exists, they are also oneness with each other in perfect balance and can be distinguished but cannot be separated. Two energies, as one whole.

When I was tripping on CH's (RIP) acid I had visions of yes and no etc being so easily flipped.

Not just flipped but existing together.

Can there not be contrast within the same one idea?
yin yang cat GIF by Tony Babel

You were channeling Lao Tzu in your trip.

The way.

Well if string theory turns out to be real then we can prove everything is oneness in the same sense as a blanket is one blanket(composed of many strings interwoven) …I use to have the view that life is like a rain cloud, people being born is like a rain drop, people dying is like the evaporation of that rain drop, then all the rain drops collect back in the cloud as one and the process repeats, so we all have a mixture of the same “stuff/soul/consciousness” as every human from the beginning of time, possibly animals insects too…oneness….this thought is brought to you by DMT

Contemplation of such ideas as duality are nice pastimes, this is one is as old as human thought; but we must also remember that this is only slightly more useful than the question of "How many angels can fit on the head off a pin.

Most of us (if not all) worked through duality as infants.

We had to determine for ourselves if the world was one one big thin gor if we were separate entities. In order to make that distinction we tested to see if our body parts such as feet and hands were part of the outside word or parts of us. We did that by putting these parts in our mouths and feeling ourselves and we bit and licked them to established the boundary of "our bodies" and the world outside.

That was a practical discovery the importance of Duality.

Not many of us will actually use wave particle theory so it is orders of magnitude less useful. Still interesting, but for all practical purposes useless. Many of us here at Bluelight might find it more useful to discover the relationship between ourselves and the world in terms of making and attaining goals, building and maintaining relationships and providing ourselves with shelter, food and other physical requirements. I know I struggled with it personally.

For every time there is a purpose and a purpose for all things on earth.

Well I see what you're saying but I only partly agree. I'm not a fan of the "duality" idea. I think it's a bit more complicated than that. Also, I don't believe in Evil as a force. I see it as a distortion or an absence of Good.

I like to use the human body as a metaphor for the Universe. Yes it's "all one," but there are many, many interconnected parts that all work together. A brain cell and a skin cell are two very different things-- but they also have similarities and are parts of the whole.

i believe there are hills and valleys that make up earth.
its all one or 0 idk

oneness it's the other side of the coin of "separation" or duality, is very likely that something "exists" but we don't even know what "existing" is, "
nothing is separated, nothing is "different" but it's neither "united" or "the same"....
Human limitations, we live in duality but we can see that it's not real...

Well ... er ... um ... seems to me Duality is not a 'thing'. Duality must be a process. But in rationalising it as either a thing or a process I may only be engaging with one half of the Duality ...

In rationalising ANYTHING I am probably engaging with one side of the Duality. (Very tough idea for anyone who studies religion or believes in one god.)

(The Missus and I went to town today and walked by two Jehovah Witnesses. They were in a shady spot on the sidewalk/footpath. We were dressed in clothes for warm weather. The Jehovahs could probly see the outline of my dick under my shorts. And the Missus nipples too. As we got close they didn't look at us. I blame the fact they were wearing ties.)