• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I believe Adderall has finally made me lose my mind

ChickLovesSpeed

Greenlighter
Not new to adderall. Been binging for 8 months or more. Tolerance skyrocketed so I've had to take breaks and that doesn't reall. Work I just keep dosing.

Recently, even days off the meds, I hear things ... not crazy things.. But normal everyday things... Whispering, Car door slamming , phone ringing, doorbell .. I've even checked my doorbell batteries / equipment several times because the chime was so faint I assumed something was wrong with it... Nothing wrong with it other than its IN MY HEAD

So last night I decided that I needed to be productive for at least 24 hours so I picked up my script for XR 20 milligrams and popped 3 caps at 9p.m. with 400 mgs of caffeine, sodium bicarb.. magnesium.. The usual
Then that wasn't working so I took another ..

Lasted til 3 am

Took another 60mgs, same cocktail.

Then I must have taken more and don't remember because there are 10 missing as of now..

Whatever ... Nothing I haven't done many times before. Matter of fact that is a lite dose. I go through 2 bottles in a weekend.

Onto why I'm writing this. I'm freaking out .. I've NEVER had ANYTHING like this happen and I'm scared.

I hope this makes sense :
two hours ago, I realized that I have been rearranging the furniture in the same room for about six and a half hours and it still looks the same...

Typical Yes.

I picked up my phone To check my email text messages Twitter etc. On my Instagram news feed there was a picture of a man who have never seen before it was a very muscular fit person and to be honest he looked a little bit intimidating so I saw that and then read the caption.. it said @ my username" I am coming for you"

I started thinking maybe I know this guy and it was a joke... So I Attention to the spelling and its very very odd how this happened that is 1 letter off ...of my username.... it wasn't even my username that he tagged it was a username just with one letter out of place from mine
I'm thinking oh that's very odd first of all I saw that somebody has such an odd username almost identical to mine second is odd that it shows up on my timeline and I don't even know this person

So I refreshed the screen, and it disappeared and I can't find it anywhere. I can't find either his username or the person that he tagged I can't find anything in my timeline with this picture on it ..it is gone..

*POOF*

I'm afraid I'll be hiding in a corner from the boogeyman before too long...
What is happening? Why all of a sudden on a lower dose this happens? I have had a lot of problems lately with overheating like I will have to wear ice packs around my neck and behind my knees and on my head and I still can't get cool my skin just burns and my head pounds and I can feel heat radiating off my skin I've even gotten a rash from it ... When I get so hot... And then there are bruises all over my body ... Crazy things..

I'm still not convinced that I imagined it its just too big a coincidence I'm going back to search and see what I can find it's just crazy

Thanks for letting me ramble and I'm sorry for sounding like a silly child ?

Last edited:
Have you been eating properly, staying hydrated, and getting rest? How often do you take breaks from taking Adderall, and how long do they last for? If you binge and keep redosing on Adderall what you described may happen, or it could be from lack of sleep if you take so much that you do not get proper rest at night.

Have you been eating properly, staying hydrated, and getting rest? How often do you take breaks from taking Adderall, and how long do they last for? If you binge and keep redosing on Adderall what you described may happen, or it could be from lack of sleep if you take so much that you do not get proper rest at night.

These are all good questions....I've also been known to take heroic doses of adderall i.e 300mgs+ IR in a 24hr period but I always make sure to cover all heath parameters.

your experiencing stimulant psychosis. You need to sleep and cut off the adderall for a while. Maybe switch over too clonazpam and seroquel and just stop taking the adderall for a good 3-5 days. It will go away. I've dealt with the exact same issues before.

addy will fuck with you man, i really hope you have an adequate support system that can help you get treatment, for normal people do not have problems like rearranging furniture meaninglessly for hours at a time...

Damn OP, that sucks and I feel bad for you cause I know how this feels. Textbook case of drug induced psychosis.. If it doesn't go away on its own you will HAVE to go to the doctor.. Some people get this from only a week of stim abuse and it goes away on its own but considering how long you've been using, you will more than likely need to seek professional help.

Priest is correct, you need to make sure you eat and get some rest. It also wouldn't hurt to take some vitamins since not eating obviously depletes your whole body. You would be surprised how much it will help your mind realign itself too. Good luck and get some help if you don't start to feel somewhat better after a few days.

your experiencing stimulant psychosis. You need to sleep and cut off the adderall for a while. Maybe switch over too clonazpam and seroquel and just stop taking the adderall for a good 3-5 days. It will go away. I've dealt with the exact same issues before.

Not so sure about that. Something like 10%-15% of people that experience stimulant psychosis don't recover fully. You need to stop it and never take it again unless you want to be an antipsychotic for a while, and they are notoriously hard to tolerate (at first, at least). Klonopin is a risk factor. People switch addictions all the time.

addy will fuck with you man, i really hope you have an adequate support system that can help you get treatment, for normal people do not have problems like rearranging furniture meaninglessly for hours at a time...

Yeah I'll take this further and urge you to tell a loved one what's going on. Hopefully then they'll have the good sense to refer you to a hospital for evaluation.

These are all good questions....I've also been known to take heroic doses of adderall i.e 300mgs+ IR in a 24hr period but I always make sure to cover all heath parameters.

Please, enlighten me as to your foolproof method for avoiding stimulant psychosis after taking hundreds of milligrams of adderall in one day.

I've taken tons of stimulants before and I'm definitely not in any sense healthier for it today, and at the very least I did stupid things that strained many relationships and destroyed one, got me kicked out of my house, and left me depressed for many months after I stopped.

Well .. I have not eaten much at all ... I have had my usual gallons of smart water .. I haven't seen the boogeyman yet... I don't feel paranoid .... Am seeing things move like flashes of light ... Or dark... Shadow "people" I suppose... I'm stumbling over my own feet and I look like I'm stoned bc my eyes are so heavy.
But I have searched all over for that guy and his picture to no avail... I am not stupid ,i know it wasn't real... But I hadn't lost all hope ... But I don't guess it really matters..

I've only had 260 mgs XR. I've done almost 400 in less than 24 hours. Took 7 20mgs in a mouthful last month .. Nothing happened... Just didn't feel much so added some IR 10 , sublingually. 6 Or 8 of them I guess ...

Oh and about breaks from adderall ... I usually end up crashing so hard that I go out and buy at least one benzedrez every day that I don't have addy.. So I'm sure my brain is fried ...

Just hit the 40 hour mark ... Time to order pizza and go to sleep.

Thank you all so very much for your comments. ?

Switch to meth, once you reach psychosis compare that to how you feel now, then you'll know for sure! Joking, don't switch to meth. Eat and sleep, smoke pot instead, then repeat.

You are experencing typical ampheteamine psychosis. You needs to sleep and maybe try eating something. Get rid of you stash, and rest for a few days. If you have a benzo or opiate, these can sometimes help relax you, but be careful. If you're someone with an addictive personality like me, you could be trading one addiction for another, and don't kid yourself, if you're truly taking the amounts you stated, you are already addicted to Adderall (dextroamphetamine). The reason I say flush your stash now if that it's easier when you're feeling paranoid or anxious to get rid of the poison than tommorow when you want to go back up again.

Holy fuck, over 400 mgs of Adderall in a 24 hour period?! Did I just read that right?!

Whoa, that's crazy. I know of some girl who was prescribed up to 150mg/d of dexamphetamine for ADHD (which comes near to homicide if you ask me, and the doc - professor! - added propranolol on top of that ... also she managed to get buprenorphine from another doc. sigh) and she once dosed up to 200mg - it sedated her. This would make around 275mg of Adderall or so ...

Needless to say, that girl is probably fucked up for her whole lifetime now! Don't think or hope of course that it will hit you so bad, you're physically over it so things will come out good, but 400mg's - holy shit. Be happy that you're still alive dude!

Not so sure about that. Something like 10%-15% of people that experience stimulant psychosis don't recover fully. You need to stop it and never take it again unless you want to be an antipsychotic for a while, and they are notoriously hard to tolerate (at first, at least). Klonopin is a risk factor. People switch addictions all the time.

Yeah I'll take this further and urge you to tell a loved one what's going on. Hopefully then they'll have the good sense to refer you to a hospital for evaluation.

Please, enlighten me as to your foolproof method for avoiding stimulant psychosis after taking hundreds of milligrams of adderall in one day.

I've taken tons of stimulants before and I'm definitely not in any sense healthier for it today, and at the very least I did stupid things that strained many relationships and destroyed one, got me kicked out of my house, and left me depressed for many months after I stopped.

I never stated that there was a fool proof method albeit there are numerous ways to "somewhat" maintain sanity while experiencing high dose dextroamphetamine. First and foremost, I'm a business owner and a recognized fitness athlete, so these binges are sparingly sprinkled into my regimen. Compounded with my addictive personality, I find it almost impossible to cease consumption of Adderall when it's in my possession.

Even though my dosages are high/irresponsible/ etc. These binges only occur a few times out of the year. I am no spring chicken, so I'm always equipped with benzodiazepines in case of blood pressure spikes that sometimes result in mild panic attacks. I was actually offered a prescription of IR 20mg 2x per day last month and turned it down because I knew that I would rifle through it in a small time frame.

I have the binges down to a science and actually utilize them to get things done i.e running a business. I never exceed 48 hours of dosing and I always make sure to drink a gallon of water, eat healthy, take a plethora of vitamins, and lay in bed to rest my body. These binges do not come without a price. The lingering depression and lack of motivation plus the added guilt seem to progress as I reach age 30.

I slept about 4 hours .. And my body feels so heavy like I can hardly drag it around. So I'o back to sleep for a few hours and then I'll get up and I'll just take 40 milligrams when I wake up. that's what I'm going to stick to if I could stick to 40 milligrams 3 times a day No I cannot function well without it. But these Binges are going to kill me so I have to stop. Doesn't help that I'm getting my other two prescriptions on Monday But I think I'm going to go to the GNC today and get some l-tyrosine get some other things and take some off days and try it that way no there's no way I can stop I can't live without it

And yes I don't even keep up with my doses anymore I do regularly takes several hundred milligrams a day when I have it but like I said I only have 4 prescriptions 30 pills each .. So they don't last long at all I will go through two bottles in 2 - 3 days if I'm binging ... But the IR doesn't work nearly as well as the XR for me ... I get 30 IR and usually take at least 60 mgs to jumpstart at least 60-80mgs of XR. Tolerance is an ugly thing...
No I don't like downers... I have free ticket to pretty much anything I want because I am supposed to be in pain management for several things I had a doctor who was shoving oxys and valium at me and I dropped out because the Adderall made me feel pain free and invincible. I still have nearly full bottles of percs, Norco and opium/belladonna .. Yuck

Another question ... Is it really THAT high a dose? Even at 400-600 mgs in up to 48 hours? Don't people take that at least close to that much on binges? I can't even remember what I started dosing with in my first binge days ..
In just think there are SO many people that do harder drugs, like meth or coke and my little addy doses must pale in comparison.. Or am I wrong? Anyone know what an average dose of meth would be in Addy mgs? I'm just curious

Last edited:
I slept about 4 hours .. And my body feels so heavy like I can hardly drag it around. So I'o back to sleep for a few hours and then I'll get up and I'll just take 40 milligrams when I wake up. that's what I'm going to stick to if I could stick to 40 milligrams 3 times a day No I cannot function well without it. But these Binges are going to kill me so I have to stop. Doesn't help that I'm getting my other two prescriptions on Monday But I think I'm going to go to the GNC today and get some l-tyrosine get some other things and take some off days and try it that way no there's no way I can stop I can't live without it

And yes I don't even keep up with my doses anymore I do regularly takes several hundred milligrams a day when I have it but like I said I only have 4 prescriptions 30 pills each .. So they don't last long at all I will go through two bottles in 2 - 3 days if I'm binging ... But the IR doesn't work nearly as well as the XR for me ... I get 30 IR and usually take at least 60 mgs to jumpstart at least 60-80mgs of XR. Tolerance is an ugly thing...
No I don't like downers... I have free ticket to pretty much anything I want because I am supposed to be in pain management for several things I had a doctor who was shoving oxys and valium at me and I dropped out because the Adderall made me feel pain free and invincible. I still have nearly full bottles of percs, Norco and opium/belladonna .. Yuck

Another question ... Is it really THAT high a dose? Even at 400-600 mgs in up to 48 hours? Don't people take that at least close to that much on binges? I can't even remember what I started dosing with in my first binge days ..
In just think there are SO many people that do harder drugs, like meth or coke and my little addy doses must pale in comparison.. Or am I wrong? Anyone know what an average dose of meth would be in Addy mgs? I'm just curious

Yes that is REALLY a high dose, and if you take adderall daily at over 120mgs every single day, with 300mg a day binges often as well, you are if you haven't already, going to permanently damage your dopamine systems in your brain. Stimulant psychosis is already occuring, and to your family you may not realize it but amphetamine addiction makes you a shell of the person you once were. Adderall at doses like that is no different then meth addiction, it reeks havoc on the body and mind, and is very hard to recover from.

I'm not trying to put you down, i just am pointing our this is a serious addiction and if you can't stop on your own, rehab may be neccesary. I hope you figure it out, good luck!

Definitely check into a rehab, since you wrote how you find it impossible to stop using Adderall or Dexedrine on your own, you take extremely large amounts of the drug when you have it or get it, and you resort to using Benzedrex inhalers as a substitute high. Good luck, and stay safe.

Wow. I will consider what I have to do next ... Rehab is not really an option unfortunately. I don't know what to do. I ended up taking 60mgs instead of the 40 I promised myself. So from 3 pm to now 3:25 am Saturday, I took nine capsules of 20 mgs XR. As I was folding the last load of laundry I said I must go to sleep now, then I thought well I have an appointment in the morning and then my schedule and to do lists start playing in my mind .....

It is not recreation, but rather constant pressure , that drives this addiction. To ttake care of everything for everyone and do it seemingly perfect. I feel like need to be superhuman to do that .. No one person can accomplish all I have to do in one day and no matter the fact that I accomplish things (most of the time) I am doing the work of 10 men and all people ask is what else can you do for me. I don't understand it, it's never good enough. I feel like my life is passing me by. Stress kills me ... Makes me want to pull my hair out daily. Taking the adderall allows me to completely check out , everything is right with the world and my life.

I'm exhausted and have obligations to meet later today so I'm gonna eat ,shower and crash now

Again I want to say how much I appreciate you all for the help. I see what you are saying ... And how bad off I really am :(