• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

i am offended by gay marriage

There are ministers who won't marry mixed race couples... since its his church, he doesn't have too. Still a bigot and a turd in my book.

'his' church - it's 'our' church, he simply opens the door.

so many things i wanted to mention have already been said; so im down to the bare bones of what is remaining (such as the benefits of marriage that clitnhawk mentioned and the legal rights involved).

i respect that while i personally don’t share the viewpoint of the op and commend you for raising such a topic at this time as im sure there are others out there that share similar beliefs?

my greatest concern in the ops opening statement was regarding the bible. i consider myself a religious woman but certainly don’t use my religion as a tool in which i feel i have higher authority to dictate how people live their life? and i certainly wouldn’t want my choice of religion to stop others from living their life in a way they are comfortable with and limit their civil freedoms/segregate them from society, prevent them from having love in their life and or have me lose my ability to be compassionate for people as individuals. ignorance breeds hate and religion/its origins weren’t intended to be interpreted hatefully? nor divide humanity? if anything; quite the opposite.

clitnhawks mention of death and inheritance really struck home with me as it is something i have personally witnessed in knowing a couple who had been together 30+ years, when one of them sadly passed away and had to watch as the deceased’s family made all of the funeral arrangements (with no knowledge of the deceased’s wishes - and their choices of arrangements insulting to those that loved and intimately knew them), inherited all of their belongings and finances/life insurance; and left their grieving partner homeless and without a single possession that they had both worked together for; simply due to a marriage certificate being unable to be legally in place. it was absolutely heart wrenching to witness and i wouldn’t wish that experience upon my worst enemy, let alone two men whom loved each other dearly and spent their adult lives building theirs together.

i also fail to see how that if something doesn’t directly affect you or your lifestyle; how one can hold such deep opinions on how that life is lived? we humans are very opinionated, sure; while im perfectly fine with everyone voicing theirs, should we expect that everyone agrees with our own and or adopt our beliefs as we see fit and are comfortable with? no. we can dig deep into this issue and look for all of the negatives involved or simply smile that this one decision will allow so many people to now live in peace, happiness and with the respect they deserve as individuals, as intended from the day (they like everyone) was born. live and let live.

...kytnism...:|

the deceased’s family made all of the funeral arrangements (with no knowledge of the deceased’s wishes - and their choices of arrangements insulting to those that loved and intimately knew them), inherited all of their belongings and finances/life insurance; and left their grieving partner homeless and without a single possession that they had both worked together for; simply due to a marriage certificate being unable to be legally in place.

That is disgusting! People do that to non homosexuals too, you know. But when you are aware that two people had a life-long relationship - to fuck over their partner is completely disrespectful to the deceased. Even many years ago, in the late 90s when I had very limited knowledge of gay people or the problems they go through, even *I* wouldn't do that to a family member. I first learned of such bullshit from a few episodes of ER (TV series). In which a main character (with leg braces) is in a lesbian relationship. Her girlfriend had their baby, and had died. The GF's family took the child and belongings, etc... left her with nothing. Is was disheartening. :(

That was a few hours of TV... which is nothing to real tragic life pain.

we have become the first civilization in history to pretend that two homosexuals living together are married
no more pretending. now they can actually be married just like everybody else.

that the u.s. is the first makes me proud to be american :)

alasdair

Actually, there is a history of same sex marriage in other cultures in various parts of the world for decades. Canada, has had SSM for quite a while. Other countries are following suit.

that the u.s. is the first makes me proud to be american :)

Hardly first, Netherlands legalised marriage in 2001; Belgium in 2003; Spain in 2005; England, Scotland, Wales in 2014; etc

Also, you still have the implementation problem with that Judge denying access ...

---

As for the OP, you're arguments are irrational and illogical. There are a lot of children out there that are unloved and you want them to remain that way just so you can hold on to your flawed morality.

It just goes to show how out of touch modern Christians are with the teachings of Christ. It as though you have been able to read more than a few chapters of the Bible before you give up in the Old testament and don't even read the New testament were Jesus changes everything.

Pro-gay v Anti-gay: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3205727.stm

look i have nothing at all against gay people you are who you are and thats the end of it but I am actually offended on the country's decision to legalize gay marriage. In the bible it states that the purpose of marriage is to PROCREATE so naturally as a christian a gay marriage goes against my moral beliefs. What about the adopted children who are going to be raised by 2 dads or 2 moms? Just thinking about that makes me cringe. It is no doubt that they will be given love which is great but a child needs a mother AND a father.

This is just how I feel personally on the matter and I feel it is relevant to this forum (it is called sex love and relationships right?). So I would like to know if theres anyone on here who agrees with me, or if you don't thats ok I still want to hear what others have to say.

What's with this "marriage is about procreation" BS? Where in the Bible does it ever state this? You're just making this up. By the way, with advancements in technology, procreation between two men will be possible. Welcome to the future.

Limit not thy imagination. This is infinity, the Christ said if you believe, ALL THINGS are possible, not some things, ALL THINGS. Infinity, omni-possibility.

Open your mind, stop letting others constrict your creativity and your ability to design realities. This is infinity, God is infinite, everything that the mind can imagine, God is.

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things. Isaiah 45:7

This is one of the most powerful verses in the Bible, MEMORIZE IT! Repeat it to yourself OVER AND OVER AGAIN! LIVE IT, BREATH IT, BECOME IT!