L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

i am offended by gay marriage

mrsnowygrainius

Bluelighter
look i have nothing at all against gay people you are who you are and thats the end of it but I am actually offended on the country's decision to legalize gay marriage. In the bible it states that the purpose of marriage is to PROCREATE so naturally as a christian a gay marriage goes against my moral beliefs. What about the adopted children who are going to be raised by 2 dads or 2 moms? Just thinking about that makes me cringe. It is no doubt that they will be given love which is great but a child needs a mother AND a father.

This is just how I feel personally on the matter and I feel it is relevant to this forum (it is called sex love and relationships right?). So I would like to know if theres anyone on here who agrees with me, or if you don't thats ok I still want to hear what others have to say.

Doesn't the bible also tell you to stone blasphemous people to death?

love is patient, love is kind, love does not boast, love is not self seeking- St Paul

I haven't seen any of that in regards to the issue

Is it kind to think you have the moral high ground over the millions of gay people who feel hurt by the lack of acceptance from wider society?

personally, i don't think the government has any business regulating marriage period. take the whole idea of gender and kids and crap out of it - civil unions that have tax repercussions of various types (for the purposes of maintaining dependants or not), what the hell is wrong with bigamy? group marriages? create laws for domestic corporations. run you marriage like a business.

oh, the OP is a moron - lock this.

So do you follow ALL the laws in the Bible? Or only the ones your church tells you are important? If the latter, who decided which laws are important? Do you think any person can speak for God?

This all comes from the Old Testament, right? Because I'm sure you aren't following 1% of the requirements in there. Am I correct? Have you read the entire texts of Genesis through Deuteronomy?

Did Jesus say anything DIRECTLY about gay people in the New Testament?

Last edited:
In this day and age anyone that lives their lives by the Bible are not truly living. Why not come up with your own ideas of love and ways of being? Because the thought of being alone in this universe scares you so much, that you need a God to tell you he loves you as long as you abide by these principles he has set in stone? Principles written and re-written again and again by man in order to suit their own forever changing ideas and beliefs?

Love is love. Why does a child need a father and a mother? So that they can grow up in an ordinary family establishment, and hopefully turn out normal based on societies standards? Why can't two men or two women provide that same unconditional love that a man and a woman could? Society is messed up.

This is a huge breakthrough and proof that maybe, just maybe, there is hope for the human race. But with government being the way it is, I highly doubt it.

I am offended that you are offended, and I am heterosexual.

thanks for all the hate guys i knew i shouldn't have brought my beliefs into this but w.e. just remember that God loves ALL of his children whether u want to reject Him or accept him is up to you

"Owe no one anything, except to love each other, for the one who loves another has fulfilled the law. For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery, You shall not murder, You shall not steal, You shall not covet,” and any other commandment, are summed up in this word: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfilling of the law."

thanks for all the hate guys i knew i shouldn't have brought my beliefs into this but w.e. just remember that God loves ALL of his children whether u want to reject Him or accept him is up to you

It is a rough estimation that there are about 28 million children in the world without parents. And the thought of those seemingly helpless children being adopted into a loving home and actually getting a fair chance to make it in this world makes you cringe? Just because the parents may be of the same sex? That statement alone made me cringe.

i don't think they are going to get much of a chance being raised in such an unconditional upbringing

Don't marry someone of your own sex. Don't give a kid up for adoption. There, now it's not your problem. See how easy that was?

That is such an ignorant assumption to make. What about the unconditional love they would be receiving? Do you even realize the types of conditions these children are currently living in? Have you ever even considered this? It probably wasn't mentioned in the bible, so I am assuming not.

Can you quote my post above and answer the questions I raised? I want to understand where your beliefs about gay people come from,seriously. But don't just quote Leviticus - I want to know what you say to my specific questions.

I didn't read any hateful responses...It should have been rather obvious that a high % of the members here would disagree with you on this.

Doesn't the bible also tell you to stone blasphemous people to death?

it says a lot of dumb shit as well as some usefull things to be taken metaphorically and not literally.

the bible and koran and torah etc are just words written by a human.

what you should take from all of them are lessons on how to be a better person and ignore all the angry shit that gets used by religious nutcases to justify wars for the accumulation of other people resources.

OP whats your problem with single parents? if you have to have a man and a woman then by that logic you are also disgusted by single parents.

i don't think they are going to get much of a chance being raised in such an unconditional upbringing

also what does this gibberish even mean?

I think its a personal preference and to each his own - if your offended by gay marriage, your offended. I do think that people quoting the bible on such an issue is a bit like clutching straws - who are they to tell me how my god perceives my actions. If they are unhappy with it - I personally do not care, it has nothing to do with them, my life choice will have zero impact on them and I'm sure that most of them have something more important to worry about than my life choice.

Kids up for adoption mothers and fathers didn't want them/couldn't keep them so surely having two loving parents is better than none or do these people think that a life in care is better for children than a life with two parents. Then there is the 'they will grow up gay' bullcrap - erm statistically that argument is null and void or we would not have gay people in the first place.

OP you state that as your are a Christian this offends you - but your happy to be using heroin, does that not cause you more personal conflict with your god than what somebody else is doing?

There's an ancient saying in Australia:
"You're a fuckwit mate"
Feel free to interpret that as you wish OP.

People tend to be hateful on quasi-anonymous internet boards so don't take anything personally.
You bring up the issue of the purpose of marriage. The Christian fundamentalist biblical purpose is that marriage is for procreation. So going by that logic, do you think infertile couples should not be allowed to get married? What about couples who choose to be child-free for whatever reason - genetic disease, not ready for children, need to establish oneself in their career first, don't want children, etc? Would you say they should not be married?
There are millions of things to be offended about. I get offended whenever anybody has a video teleconference at a café and they talk in their loud, outdoor "can you hear me?" voice on their mobile phone when it would otherwise be quiet. That is rude, selfish, and it affects (annoys, distracts, distresses, etc.) everybody in the room.

Strangely, being offended by gay marriage is common, especially among older people. But how does their getting married hurt you or even affect you? I can tell by your post that you must have very little contact with gay couples. They mind their own business, probably don't live in your neighborhood, don't shop at the same kinds of stores as you, don't go to the same restaurants as you. So how do they affect you?

What about the adopted children who are going to be raised by 2 dads or 2 moms? Just thinking about that makes me cringe. It is no doubt that they will be given love which is great but a child needs a mother AND a father.

Yeah, since this always happens when children are born to heterosexual parents...

While I will agree that the influence of both a mother and a father on a child can make some big differences, a child is in no way doomed if they grow up with only one parent, or two parents of the same sex.