• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

I am my highest authority, judge and guide. Who is yours?

i tend to believe the view that it is the same Father. safety in numbers if you will vs the opinion of the very few. At least they have the incorruptible bodies of the saints. a sort of show me, don't tell me.

Yes. Our tribal instincts and selfish gene has us default to cooperation with the tribe that sustains us. It is the best survival strategy.

That sorrowful state dominates till one decides to show they are the fittest and enter the fray.

That does not negate that we are working with our own instincts regardless of the tribal instinct.

We individually come before the tribe because we cannot accomplish our best intentions if we are dead.

That is the best end and nature demonstrably creates for the best end.

God can take lessons on this.

Regards
DL

Yes. Our tribal instincts and selfish gene has us default to cooperation with the tribe that sustains us. It is the best survival strategy.

That sorrowful state dominates till one decides to show they are the fittest and enter the fray.

That does not negate that we are working with our own instincts regardless of the tribal instinct.

We individually come before the tribe because we cannot accomplish our best intentions if we are dead.

That is the best end and nature demonstrably creates for the best end.

God can take lessons on this.

Regards
DL
careful that last sentence of yours doesn't turn around a bite you in the ass.

Do what thou wilt is the whole of the law.

A poor saying.

Laws were made to be broken. That is why Christians sing of Adam's happy fault that is necessary to god's plan.

Do your duty to you and yours, is a better saying.

Duty stems from love.

Law does not in as direct a way. It is a component to motivate laws but is not as causal as duty..

Regards
DL

You can try & curse me if you feel like that is what you can get away with but I'd NOT recommended it for your sake & safety.

I was asking a genuine question. You did not reply telling me what you wrote in English. Care to share your secret?

It may be because I am French and might interpret words slightly off from the English, but I was not sure just what your anagram says.

Safety is boring and so is cursing. I do try to keep my net bully in check, but you do know how recalcitrant and obtuse some can be. That is when the tough love comes out, or the thanks for the chat.

My safety as a hetero sexual white male is assured.

It is the women and gays that need our help in guaranteeing them full and equal citizenship, in spite of the mainstream homophobic and misogynistic religions and other ideologies with such outdated beliefs.

Regards
DL

A poor saying.

Laws were made to be broken. That is why Christians sing of Adam's happy fault that is necessary to god's plan.

Do your duty to you and yours, is a better saying.

Duty stems from love.

Law does not in as direct a way. It is a component to motivate laws but is not as causal as duty..

Regards
DL

I think you grossly misunderstand what that saying means, because it's essentially just what you went on to describe

I think you grossly misunderstand what that saying means, because it's essentially just what you went on to describe

No. I was saying that we do not have an agreement on what law means.

In fact, it may at times be our doing our duty if we break the law. Think vigilantism.

Regards
DL

Nobody is my authority. I'm an atheist :)

Correct.

We all have an ideal, some call it god, that we slave ourselves to.

I like atheists; even though they were slow to go with atheist churches. Respect grew from Gnostic Christians to you then.

Regards
DL

I have the utmost respect for temples. A good example is the church at Uppsala in Sweden. The ruins of the original pagan temple are still there, where they used to do human sacrifices

Christianity is such a new phenomenon I don't know where to look to see signs of its history. It just hasn't much of a history as an independent religion

You see, I didn't choose to be non-religious. I simply don't see religion

Last edited:
I have the utmost respect for temples. A good example is the church at Uppsala in Sweden. The ruins of the original pagan temple are still there, where they used to do human sacrifices

Christianity is such a new phenomenon I don't know where to look to see signs of its history. It just hasn't much of a history as an independent religion

You see, I didn't choose to be non-religious. I simply don't see religion

A shame you do not see all the harm they continue to do to so many.

You cannot fight what you should if you cannot see it.

Regards
DL