• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hydromorphone ?

okay, so SWIM has a handful of 2mg dillies. SWIM hasn't ever slammed anything (except while in the hospital when SWIM was getting dilaudid IV, which was GREAT, he said)

so what is SWIM's best option for these 2mg dillies if he isn't going to slam them? oral is no good, what about snorting or plugging??

cheers

PM me if you would like

Last edited:
I've gotten tons of fentanyl patches, but I've never actually seen the lollipops.... so I'd LOVE to try those, along with dilaudid, I've never actually gotten to try that either :(

those are probably the only two narcotic pain relievers I've never tried, but if I were to vote on what is the best, is the fentanyl patches with oxy's for BT pain, like a roxi 30 with a 100mcg/hr patch.

this guy I know is prescribed the patches, he's on 1x100mcg/hr, and 1x50mcg/hr daily... so he's getting quite a bit of fentanyl per day...last time I got a few from him I put on one of each, so I felt little to no pain, I love the patches, the only thing I don't like about them is sometimes I have a hard time getting them to stick OR stay stuck... every once and awhile I get lucky and the patch will stay on until it's time to come off, other times I might have to put water proof tape on and I HATE using that stuff, cause I'll have the glue residue on my arm for weeks after taking it off.

I remember the first time I got a patch it was a 75mcg/hr, and man oh man I was higher than a kite, I loved the feeling.... but for some reason I think it might've released alot of the medication at once, cause when I put a 100mcg/hr patch on about a month or so later, I didn't feel the same way I felt, I mean I was pain free, but definitely wasn't high like I was before.

I just wish I could get on the 100mcg/hr patch and get roxi 30s... that'd be sweeeeet.

I like the mylan brand of the patches way better than the sandoz, the mylan's are much smaller. BUT the sandoz is pretty cool for the simple fact you can see how much gel is left in there, but the sandoz is a pain in the ass to get it out of the package.

I have a question,my spine was crooked from a injury,one surgery they chipped away bone and my second surgery they did a decompression and fusion L5 through L3 was just recent,also I have disc disease and arthiritis in my spine,they have me on noros 10/325 6 a day,morphine sulfate er 100 mg 2 a day and hydromorphone 8 mg 1 every 6 hours as needed,is there a way I can take my meds to kill most of this pain,I don't like taking the morphine twice a day,it just zombies me out bad,I just take the meds orally,I will never inject,so is there a better way to take any of these meds together to where I will not be like a zombie,plus I have been on pain meds for about 3 to 5 years now,but just this past year is when they put me on morphine,so I was use to taking just alot of hydrocodone and fentanyl patches every once in a while.

leerapstine, try and tell your dr that you don't like the effects of morphine. While morphine is a strong pain killer, it lacks the euphoric feeling that oxycodone or oxymorphone provides, and has a strong feeling of sleepiness. Oxy codone-morphone provide a nice euphoric high, that will also accompany with a stimulant feeling. This may give you the ability to snap out of your zombie like state, which I would assume is from the morphine, which produces a tired like feeling.

I have never posted on a message before so i hope i am doing it correctly.... Anyway, i do a lot of bodybuilding a powerlifting and i get really sore. I have been taking the 10mg norco and the 10mg blue tabs (loratab i believe). i am able to take about 1.5 to 2 of them at a time about 3 times a day before i get sick to get stomach. Recently a buddy gave me a bottle full of 4mg dilaudid because he doesnt like pain pills at all...so my question is how many should i take at a time so that i dont get sick? Also, i really like the the way the norco and loratab make me feel really happy and good.... will these dilaudids give me the same feeling as well?

No one can predict whether or not you'll get nauseated from Dilaudid. Some people cannot tolerate one med, but do just fine with another. If you are taking the D's for "soreness" due to weight lifting, I don't think you'd need too much, I would start with just one and see if that is enough to do the trick. You may end up needing more, but it is best to start slow and work your way up if needed. Dilaudid is a very powerful narcotic...personally I think it's a bit overkill for what you need it for. Have you ever tried just something like Motrin? You just got to be careful b/c if you start using Dillies with any regularity, you will have some nasty w/d's. Try to just limit your use to occasional.

Thank you for the advise, i will certianly take it slow. yes, i have tried motrin and ibuprofin i take them sometimes. However, i have to admit i do very much enjoy the feeling i get from the vicodins. Ive just always had such a low tollerence for them that 1 or 2 will get me really high for some reason. Anyway Thanks again!

There are a million bajillion conversion charts all over the net, but all's you need is one. Dilaudid is one of those tricky substances with several very different ROA's and relative bioavailabilities. But this is irrelevant to you because of your need for legitimate pain control so my bad. Dilaudid is similar in many ways to oxycodone. They both have relatively short duration of actions, almost identical in my experience. I should add that I always shoot hydromorphone and always snort oxycodone yet the semblance is still there. It might come down to a matter of personal preference but in my experience Dilaudid can be a tad more sedating than Oxycodone. Try them both out though man who knows...

Im going to smack the next person who says dillies are useless unless injected. So not true. In fact i think plugging them results in an overall BETTER high thsn injection, plus its a million times safer.

Do some homework on plugging opiates (with an emphasis on dilaudid, naturally) and give it a go. You'll be glad you did.

Also one last thing...I was under the impression that "The New Bluelight" was a forum to voice one's opinion and contribute one's knowledge. I'm sorry if you think I "rant" on about drugs...I'm a chronic pain sufferer, I have Ankylosing Spodilitis(Arthritis of the Spine) I've had it for 20 years,I've taken almost every pain medication out there....I was just trying to pass on some info to others who asked for it. Sorry if I talk to much about drugs on a drug information web site!

hey man, i have AS too...and have had a terrible time getting anyone to treat my pain. i toughed it out for over 12 yrs but i need something these days, badlly. Im 27 with multiple concrete diagnosis. but no doc seems to treat my pain for more than a month/adequately, im at a terrible loss anofd really need pain relief. i have an appt with a new rheumy the 18th. any suggestions / what sort of doc handles ur pain mgmt and what/how much do u take if u dont mind me asking? shoot me a PM if u can...if not my anon. email is [email protected] . nice 2 see someone who understands/could help me out.

and @ whoever is giving u flak , AS(genetic, auto-immune arthritic-and-then-some disease) is a very painful,systemic, poorly understood, uncurable and wildly unpredictable from person to person, and its onset is generally early to mid teens, so if you have it and are able to find relief (if even for a few hrs, docs who r generally not too familiar with this disease are generally VERY reluctant to prescribe us young men whom it primarily affects, opioid pain meds. ( high dose OTC NSAIDS and prescription ones seem to make my pain worse, odd disease) but u aint ranting bro, that other dude is just trippin. shoot me an email, id love to have someone else to chat to! broke my wrist bad yesterday so i have some dilaudid which i have to shoot for any effect. Also, i find all pain meds /drugs in general, go thru my system so fast,hence never gettimg enuff meds, im at the point that id be willing to fly to get care. but if u can ask ur doc if he could reccomend a doc in NC/VA that would be awesome! cheers, and stay wel man. i got one of those "Back2Life" machine....and i cannot reccomend it enuff for ppl with AS or any back pain....its simply amazing. worth every penny. for real. :\

Only if you are willing to IV the hydromorphine. Otherwise its a bit of a waste.

I have a quick question and i couldnt find another thread that i thought would be more suited to this question.... someone gave me 30 codeisan 30mg pills. has anyone heard of these? will they make me feel just like a 10 mg norco (just stronger of course)? are they even worth taking?

Your answer varies depending & varying upon opiate tolerance.
I'll base my reply in regards to your post about OC 20's, its effect & your frequency.

A Dilaudid, which is Hydromorphone, is a very strong pain reliever; it's 8-10 times stronger than Morphine and 5-7 times stronger than Oxycodone in comparison to its strength & potency. A 4mg Dilaudid when taken orally is equivalent to 20mg of Oxycodone. I have read that its strength of effect & euphoria is greater when snorted, and of course greatest when injected via IV. Because Dilaudid is so potent & strong, it is only available up to 8mg in doses of pills for its strength & potency and thus potential risk of abuse & easy overdose.

Since you have a tolerance that is moderately low, I would recommend snorting Hydromorphone for the best effect in your situation, and since you're used to getting high from 20mg of Oxycontin, you should be able to feel the same sensation from 4-6mg of Hydromorphone. I think that 8mg would be best for you because Hydromorphone in its oral form isn't as strong as it should be due to your body's digestive chemicals. Due to its decrease in potency & strength in oral form, you probably won't like Hydromorphone as much as Oxycodone/Oxycontin because it's not as effective in the body whereas Oxycodone/Oxycontin is very effective both orally and intranasally because of your body "accepts" & "doesn't break-down" the chemicals as much making the % of the Oxycodone/Oxycontin that you take more effective/felt. Hydromorphone is still stronger than Oxycodone but please try to understand that in oral form and depending on tolerance Hydromorphone may not seem as effective & "good" as Oxycodone; so understand that of the 20mg of Oxycodone/Oxycontin is absorbed/in effect 60%-80% of its mg orally & 50%-70% intranasally, and while Hydromorphone is more potent & stronger, the body absorbs/takes effect only 30%-35% orally and about 50% intranasally. Any opiate in effect via IV is always absorbed & taken to effect 100% of its strength & potency of its mg, and its strength & potency as well as effect always obviously varies on the variation of opiate medication/variation & chemical make-up.

Thus when you have a tolerance and such, you really can't go by an opiate medication's strength, of which & because the strength & potency is typically based upon IV - IV is the most direct method for an opiate to take effect 100%. So when you are used to taking a specific opiate medication, such as Oxycodone/Oxycontin, as well as build a tolerance that makes it effective, you need to base any new opiate medication's milligram dosage on the bioavailability of your ingestion method and also its strength & potency. Mostly if not all opiate medications are compared to Morphine to determine strength & potency, so you need to consider both opiate medications' strength in comparison to Morphine as well as know your tolerance - the milligram dosage that effects you - and put the bioavailability for your preferred ingestion method of each opiate medication into a calculation.

Dose of Oxycodone/Oxycontin that effects you: 20mg
You preferred method of ingestion: Intranasal (snorting)
Calculation Theory: The median bioavailability statistic of effect for Oxycodone/Oxycontin is about 63% (really 63.5%). The effect that you want takes you 20mg of Oxycodone/Oxycontin while your body is really absorbing about 12.7mg of that opiate medication to give your desired effect/reaction/feeling.[/b]

New opiate medication you're trying: Hydromorphone
Your preferred method of ingestion: Intranasal (snorting)
Calculation Theory: Since you prefer snorting, the opiate medication Hydromorphone statistically 50% effective. The oral (pill) potency & strength of Hydromorphone is greatly reduced and varies via milligram dosage; oral Hydromorphone is digested by the body similarly to Morphine and thus drastically broken down but its strength & potency of its general chemical make-up allows the remaining proportion to be absorbed by the body and very effective. Effectiveness, of course, also depends upon tolerance and factors listed above.

Oral Hydromorphone (pill) vs. Oxycodone - My Personal Theory

Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger & more potent than an equal dose of IV Morphine., though it has been studied to be equally strong & potent here via IV. Oxycodone was created to be this effective as an oral opiate medication though, while Hydromorphone was created 8-10 times more potent & effective than IV Morphine as an IV opiate medication whereas its oral form is new & not as strong.

Hydromorphone's bioavailability orally and intranasally decrease its strength & potency to about 50% if you have built a tolerance to opiate medications, such as Oxycodone. Thus while Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than Morphine, oral Hydromorphone is about 4-5 times stronger than Morphine. Since snorting Hydromorphone has 50% absorption & effect, and it's orally about 4-5 times stronger than Morphine and thus about 3 times stronger than Oxycodone generally...let's calculate.

It will take about 8mg to 10mg of to digest an effect 20mg of Oxycodone/Oxycontin for you.

8 divided by 2 is 4...times 4-5 is about 20mg...but you only want to feel about 12mg which gets you high.

4-6mg of Hydromorphone via intranasal should give you the same feeling as Oxycontin 20mg based on your usage and tolerance.

Hope that helps.

Your answer varies depending & varying upon opiate tolerance.
I'll base my reply in regards to your post about OC 20's, its effect & your frequency.

A Dilaudid, which is Hydromorphone, is a very strong pain reliever; it's 8-10 times stronger than Morphine and 5-7 times stronger than Oxycodone in comparison to its strength & potency. A 4mg Dilaudid when taken orally is equivalent to 20mg of Oxycodone. I have read that its strength of effect & euphoria is greater when snorted, and of course greatest when injected via IV. Because Dilaudid is so potent & strong, it is only available up to 8mg in doses of pills for its strength & potency and thus potential risk of abuse & easy overdose.

Since you have a tolerance that is moderately low, I would recommend snorting Hydromorphone for the best effect in your situation, and since you're used to getting high from 20mg of Oxycontin, you should be able to feel the same sensation from 4-6mg of Hydromorphone. I think that 8mg would be best for you because Hydromorphone in its oral form isn't as strong as it should be due to your body's digestive chemicals. Due to its decrease in potency & strength in oral form, you probably won't like Hydromorphone as much as Oxycodone/Oxycontin because it's not as effective in the body whereas Oxycodone/Oxycontin is very effective both orally and intranasally because of your body "accepts" & "doesn't break-down" the chemicals as much making the % of the Oxycodone/Oxycontin that you take more effective/felt. Hydromorphone is still stronger than Oxycodone but please try to understand that in oral form and depending on tolerance Hydromorphone may not seem as effective & "good" as Oxycodone; so understand that of the 20mg of Oxycodone/Oxycontin is absorbed/in effect 60%-80% of its mg orally & 50%-70% intranasally, and while Hydromorphone is more potent & stronger, the body absorbs/takes effect only 30%-35% orally and about 50% intranasally. Any opiate in effect via IV is always absorbed & taken to effect 100% of its strength & potency of its mg, and its strength & potency as well as effect always obviously varies on the variation of opiate medication/variation & chemical make-up.

Thus when you have a tolerance and such, you really can't go by an opiate medication's strength, of which & because the strength & potency is typically based upon IV - IV is the most direct method for an opiate to take effect 100%. So when you are used to taking a specific opiate medication, such as Oxycodone/Oxycontin, as well as build a tolerance that makes it effective, you need to base any new opiate medication's milligram dosage on the bioavailability of your ingestion method and also its strength & potency. Mostly if not all opiate medications are compared to Morphine to determine strength & potency, so you need to consider both opiate medications' strength in comparison to Morphine as well as know your tolerance - the milligram dosage that effects you - and put the bioavailability for your preferred ingestion method of each opiate medication into a calculation.

Dose of Oxycodone/Oxycontin that effects you: 20mg
You preferred method of ingestion: Intranasal (snorting)
Calculation Theory: The median bioavailability statistic of effect for Oxycodone/Oxycontin is about 63% (really 63.5%). The effect that you want takes you 20mg of Oxycodone/Oxycontin while your body is really absorbing about 12.7mg of that opiate medication to give your desired effect/reaction/feeling.[/b]

New opiate medication you're trying: Hydromorphone
Your preferred method of ingestion: Intranasal (snorting)
Calculation Theory: Since you prefer snorting, the opiate medication Hydromorphone statistically 50% effective. The oral (pill) potency & strength of Hydromorphone is greatly reduced and varies via milligram dosage; oral Hydromorphone is digested by the body similarly to Morphine and thus drastically broken down but its strength & potency of its general chemical make-up allows the remaining proportion to be absorbed by the body and very effective. Effectiveness, of course, also depends upon tolerance and factors listed above.

Oral Hydromorphone (pill) vs. Oxycodone - My Personal Theory

Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger & more potent than an equal dose of IV Morphine., though it has been studied to be equally strong & potent here via IV. Oxycodone was created to be this effective as an oral opiate medication though, while Hydromorphone was created 8-10 times more potent & effective than IV Morphine as an IV opiate medication whereas its oral form is new & not as strong.

Hydromorphone's bioavailability orally and intranasally decrease its strength & potency to about 50% if you have built a tolerance to opiate medications, such as Oxycodone. Thus while Oxycodone is 1.5 times stronger than Morphine, oral Hydromorphone is about 4-5 times stronger than Morphine. Since snorting Hydromorphone has 50% absorption & effect, and it's orally about 4-5 times stronger than Morphine and thus about 3 times stronger than Oxycodone generally...let's calculate.

It will take about 8mg to 10mg of to digest an effect 20mg of Oxycodone/Oxycontin for you.

8 divided by 2 is 4...times 4-5 is about 20mg...but you only want to feel about 12mg which gets you high.

4-6mg of Hydromorphone via intranasal should give you the same feeling as Oxycontin 20mg based on your usage and tolerance.

Hope that helps.

WOW...very good post

Not gonna lie though...you took about 4 times as long to say something that should have been quick and easy. But, hey man, whatever floats your boat.

More information never hurt anyone.

I'm with you Doc, you "were" just answering Dragon's questions and gave your info/opinion (like he asked for). I came to this page with basically the same questions, so thank you for your reply.

I appreciate all the people here who make contributions to this site ..... no matter what (or how many) punctuation marks they use.

btw, my feathers were most certainly not ruffled !!! ;)

Does hydromorphone 4mg compare to oxycodone for pain relief, how about the high? Are they woth bumping or not. I won't IV so don't suggest please. I usually snort 20mg of OC then 20mg 1-2hrs later
ALso, what do you guys think the best pain relief medicine is, for severe pain. I think fentanyl, patch gel or actiq is best, ,but too hard to get now adays. OC's, MS contins, norco's, dilaudid, etc are easy to get. What would be your choice for Pain Relief.

Yis sir hydromorphone is good stuff. I get 90 8mg hydromorphones a month as well as 240 30mg oxycodone ir every month . Hydromorphone is best snorted for me . I legitimately get the hydro for break through pain ,and take oxycodone around the clock for all day pain . I like them better then Oxymorphone .

EDIT: my bad didn't realize the thread was that old. :/

Sorry I have to reply I couldn't find where to post maybe because I'm stressed.

In the last 6 months I've been IV pure morphine from a vile. I've had no problems finding veins or scaring I'm very clean and at this stage I'm just using once a month. But twice this month due to being down I've tried to do hydromorphone Hydrochloride 16mg (Jurnista) obviously this is a pill which I'm breaking down in warm water and extracting thru a filter It seems to come out thick and the needle is being getting blunt when extracting thru the filter or the spoon. I don't which or both of these is leading to me not to find a vein or not withdrawal blood from a vein. I look like a filthy junkie with bruises all over my arm. I end up shooting when frustrated just into my hand or arm. I'm really worried about what damage I'm doing! Can doing this just twice lead to the horrible things as mentioned above? I am not going to shoot pills at least ever again due to the stress it causes me! Any help comments or what sign to watch for would be great.

Thanks Alot