• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) vs Diamorphine (Heroin)

I was a nurse who started using IV morphine and dilaudid for depression. At first I thought this was easy to control, I can stop whenever. It led to shooting 60mg morphine 6mg dilaudid mixed, twice a day. I was stealing from the med room, keeping wastes, and digging through the sharps. It fucked my life up. I lost my license, everything. It definitely cured my depression while using, but I wish I never touched it. Its not worth the high when it becomes the purpose of your life to get high again. And tolerance is the worst; Every few weeks I had doubled my dose trying to get the rush.

Withdrawal is the worst experience I think anyone can go through. It is 100% misery. Suboxone is a wonder drug but dont think you can stay on it forever, you have to be committed to be clean or don't even bother going through treatment.

Now in my experience about the highs: Morphine had the best rush after a year of using, and about 12hr legs. Morphine being less potent on the scale was actually my favorite, plus its all natural lol. Dilaudid was amazing at first but it stopped giving me a good rush. The best high I ever had was 40mg morphine, 4mg dilaudid and 100mcg fentayl mixed. Fentayl had zero rush, and the only high was a feeling of calmness. Fentayl is just a sedative, we give it to make people go to sleep on a IV drip. I never used it by itself unless it was all I had. But its a great mixer/filler to give a stronger rush. I loved being high. It was the most euphoric feeling ive ever felt. I was smarter, faster, funnier, all positives. It gave me energy, I never felt tired unless I shot up at night. Oxy pills were decent if you don't have IV. I tried ketamine IV once, had hallucinations and out of body experience. Didn't care for it. IV benadryl sucks, gives you anxiety where you can't sleep but you're so tired. Also gave me full auditory hallucinations, I thought I was a schizophrenic.

If you have never used opioids, I couldn't stress enough don't do it. If it tickles your brain the right way, you're hooked permanently. It's like tasting the apple. You can't use and have a life, its impossible unless you're rich and never have to work. I'm almost 1 year clean, on 2mg suboxone every 2nd/3rd day. I still get cravings that make me sweat, ache, and have the worst anxiety. My coping is to distract myself with something. Also, I have this addiction app RecovPath that really helps me stay sober.

If you want to risk being a slave to a substance, that's the price you pay for feeling good. You aren't as strong as you think.

1. Dont do heroin

2. Dialaudid has a better rush, but heroin has a longer high. They both have good rushes, but most people will say that the dialudid rush is the best opiate rush, but the duration of the high is very short.

Tommy beat me to it. This is definitely a pretty accurate description. You'll find that in medicine, like the whole SALOME/Vancouver protocol that they are practically interchangeable.

You'll find a lot of older junkies like myself have a major hard on for the rush of Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), but they are pretty much interchangeable. Perhaps you'll do 4 shots instead of 3, but that's about it.

I much prefer heroin. I don't really get a rush from IV opiates anymore and Dilaudid has no high what so ever for me. I maybe get a warm flush that lasts a few seconds and then it feels like I did nothing. At least with heroin I get a warm, cushy opiate buzz that lasts for several hours but I can do one Dilaudid 8 after another and feel completely sober. I also get sick much quicker after doing Dilaudid. It doesn't hold me at all. My body must have a problem processing hydromorphone or something because I find them completely useless.

Yeah Dilaudid was the first drug I ever injected. Looking back that's when my addiction (or dependence or whatever it's classified as) became severe. I feel in love with the rush. I also feel in love with injecting. I would also go on to inject opana, white powder h, roxys(again, my love of injecting trumped the fact that oxycodone has no rush) and cocaine, which was readily available where I worked and mostly used while I was "waiting on the man".

Diamorphine is the name of strictly the pharmaceutical pure heroin.
Tar or whatever else you get on the street isn't pure diamorphine but a mixture of cuts and active compounds other than diamorphine.
Just nitpicking sorry.
So is the comparison between pure pharma heroin and pharmaceutical hydromorphone or between street stuff and a pure pharmaceutical substance like hydromorphone pills? It's not the same really in my opinion.