• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydromorphone (Dilaudid) vs Diamorphine (Heroin)

chemist63

Bluelighter
I got introduced to Dilaudid after a accident and it worked great. I loved the feeling it gave me too. Mainly to tripping on this site I realized how much better it was to shot it. However, I can not find it these days in my area and I have been wanting to test the water with Heroin. I have not found it yet but I hear it is better than Dilaudid. Just wanted to know if this is true and if the buzz last longer or shorter. I was also able to get myself off Dilaudid. Is it about the same for Heroin?

Thank-you

1. Dont do heroin

2. Dialaudid has a better rush, but heroin has a longer high. They both have good rushes, but most people will say that the dialudid rush is the best opiate rush, but the duration of the high is very short.

1. Dont do heroin

2. Dialaudid has a better rush, but heroin has a longer high. They both have good rushes, but most people will say that the dialudid rush is the best opiate rush, but the duration of the high is very short.

I agree with this 100%. First of all, speaking from experience, heroin has sucked me in and I just cannot shake it. I've been going through money like crazy trying to support my habit. Secondly, I've shot dilaudid, it's fucking great. The rush almost feels like what you'd get from a speedball (minus the bug eyed look and awake feeling). It's a really good drug to shoot IME. Although the high left behind is nothing, it's short lived and isn't really that great.

Heroin on the other hand has a really good rush (depends on the dope though) and a longer lasting, better high afterwards. Although the rush is ultimately what one is chasing, the high is great (especially when you get super nodded out). The pros of heroin are far outnumbered by the cons though. Scoring everyday, being sick constantly etc. It isn't worth it. I wish I never would have stuck that needle in...

I've been on dillies for 2 years now and recently tried heroin, mainly because my tolerance is so high, I'd hoped that H could give me a few hours of bliss (D does very little for me these days, even through Iv).

Well I shot enough black tar to get an elephant high and I felt almost nothing. Tried a few times and it literally did nothing for me.

Of course that's all due to my tolerance, don't know what yours is like... But if you were on D for a long time, you may find that H doesn't knock your socks off.

Still, like the other poster said, it's a mixed blessing - if H did get me high, I'd probably have a really expensive, bad habbit right now.

I prefer tar due to its much longer duration. Like mentioned by all of the above, the rush from Dilaudid is more powerful but has a sharp decline. I find Heroin more sedating also but Dilaudid gives an incredible nod.

I appreciate the feedback. Is it possible to only try heroin once and check it out and not go through any type of withdrawals? I have not tried crack but I hear it hooks you from hit number one.

I appreciate the feedback. Is it possible to only try heroin once and check it out and not go through any type of withdrawals? I have not tried crack but I hear it hooks you from hit number one.

People are usually talking about the mental impact of a drug when they say they were hooked the first time they tried it - they found the experience so seductive that they can't get it out of their head.

Obviously there are plenty of people who've tried crack, meth and heroin without becoming hooked. And there are others who've used one of them with no problems but been brought undone by another.

No-one can predict whether you're going to be one of the people for whom the lure of heroin is irresistible from your first taste of it. In over thirty years of being around drug use it's the one high I've never heard anyone say they didn't like though.

I've never done Dilaudid, but I have done Heroin and I tried it for my first time when I was in withdrawal from an oral morphine habit. I know that Heroin technically lasts longer than Dilaudid but I had to use H at least every 5 to 6 hours to stay out of withdrawal, I always woke up in withdrawal on H. I loved it but it's a bitch to keep up.

I would recommend staying away from it.

I think its basically impossible to try any drug once and become physically dependent on it. I'm no doctor, but I'd bet my perscription that no one in history has ever suffered withdrawls after ONE shot of heroin.

I think its basically impossible to try any drug once and become physically dependent on it. I'm no doctor, but I'd bet my perscription that no one in history has ever suffered withdrawls after ONE shot of heroin.

Its not possible.

I agree with you about this statement but I appreciate the feedback. I just need to test the waters I think sometime. I love the rush of Dilaudid... <3

Just need to find the stuff now :p

Thanks Again

you asked about the comparison of w/d, and you can compare them to their effect.

dilaudeds big rush short life= quick abrupt freeze, but then its over in a week or 10 at the most.
heroin oohs and awws, lingers and warms = slow freeze, and different lengths of w/d from 3-5 days or multiple weeks.

a fixation with needles can last many years in its self...
hope that makes sense.

you asked about the comparison of w/d, and you can compare them to their effect.

dilaudeds big rush short life= quick abrupt freeze, but then its over in a week or 10 at the most.
heroin oohs and awws, lingers and warms = slow freeze, and different lengths of w/d from 3-5 days or multiple weeks.

a fixation with needles can last many years in its self...
hope that makes sense.

It does make sense and I think the reason I want to try it. I want to experience the oohs and awws at least once. I have had to deal with the withdrawals from dilaudid and it was not fun but I think the pleasure was worth the pain....

Yea, those owws and aahhs are not that exciting especially when you are using hydromorphone as your gold standard.

Dillies have been one of the main drugs that I have used and every time I do dope I find the rush very lacking to the point it almost feels like just a very fast come up. I also find that after a few days of use the high gets very old.

Don’t get me wrong dope is great it is just very hard to compare to HM.

If you are now clean I would just say stay away as depending on the availability in your aria dope can drag you down very quickly. I am guessing with your D’s you had a script or someone you knew had one which in the end somewhat limited your usage, however with dope your cash or will to obtain cash will be one of your only limitations.

I thought there were not meant to be "what drug should I take" threads.

I have heard from my sister who was given dilaudid for pain during some of her hospital visits that even though she was getting it for genuine pain she did enjoy it and found it much more euphoric than any of the other pain meds that she has been given in hospitals or at home including morhphine and oxy.

Although Drug X vs Drug Y threads are not always allowed, this one has managed to create good discussion and thus it will remain open. I also changed the title of the thread for easy searching and such.

I prefer heroin, of course. It's got the beautiful rush, plus the morphine high. It can't be beat. Morphine is known to have the most intense side effect profile among all the common opioids (semi-synthetic and synthetic) - this includes euphoria aswell. And morphine in the form of morphine diacetate ("heroin") is the ultimate opiate high. Although morphine dinicotinate ("nicomorphine") is great too according studies and people who've experienced it. Morphine sulfate is good aswell, it's much better than oxycodone when IV'd and on par with hydromorphone.

EDIT: Hydromorphone has a more powerful rush than diamorphine, but there are other morphine salts besides morphine diacetate ("heroin"), such as morphine dinicotinate ("nicomorphine") and morphine dipropionate ("Dipropanoylmorphine") which are more lipid soluble than hydromorphone and thus produce a more powerful rush. All these are salts of morphine.

Last edited: