• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hydrocodone raised to CII in US EDIT: Not really EDIT2: actually yeah

If anything tylenol should be banned as it does more harm than good. They make tylenol for infants. What a bad start for such a young liver. If i remember correctly the FDA lowered the maximum acetaminophen dose per pill to 325mg? Not completely sure, just remember seeing something of that sort. And if it is true than I am bafffled because I was prescribed generic 5/500-hydro/APAP for a wisdom tooth extraction. But I also know someone who got a script that was 5/325. Who knows.

Fuck that, tylenol is an extremely good drug. It helps in ways that NSAIDs aren't are great theraputically. They are a life saver for my migraines, fantastic for hangovers, great for fevers, etc. The problem comes from over use of tylenol which then can cause the heptic damage that we see. It isn't like NSAIDs are devoid of issues either, as they can cause problems with stomach lining, increase the potential for some problems, etc.

Also with children needing relief from pain in certain circumstances or those who are striking a fever, tylenol at appropriate doses can be healthier than taking things like ibufprofen or asprin. Parents need to not dish out drugs like candy to children and put them in a locked location preventing them from popping to many pills.

Holy shit hydrocodone schedule 2?!?! SERIOUSLY!? That is the same level as meth and coke! Anyone that has tried hydrocodone knows that its so weak and pathetic that it shouldn't even be scheduled, at the very most maybe schedule 5... I swear the USA government is going to start scheduling vitamins and minerals as illegal narcotics next that you will need to have a prescription for, therefore making it necessarily to have Obama health insurance just to fucking LIVE!!!!!!!!!!! FUCK THE NEW WORLD ORDER AND ITS SATANIC ZIONIST AGENDA! DOWN WITH THE ROTHSCHILD FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CHARGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To Herbal Jah, wtf are you talking about "hydrocodone is weak"? It really isn't that weak. It is decently potent, especially for non-recreational opioid users. People can get very good pain relief from 5mg - 20mg when they don't have a tolerance developed (or don't have a natural tolerance to it). It isn't that much weaker than oxycodone, and is as potent as morphine when taken orally. So by saying hydrocodone is weak, you're saying morphine is weak. Yeah morphine is the gold standard for what an opioid analgesic is, but pain relief from opioids can be very subjective. If you were to say codeine is real weak and should be avaliable OTC, I'd agree with you.

Last edited:
^He probably just means hydrocodone in available preparations is weak since you can only take a very limited amount (unless you CWE), and only small amounts are in a pill, so for tolerant users too lazy to extract (or who don't wanna buy that many pills) it is effectively weak. Also, you can't IV it so it might get prejudice for that too.

OTC codeine would be great though. I think a great first step for endning prohibition would be to legalize some not-incredibly-recreational/weaker drugs. So codeine for opiates, or maybe a partial agonist. It would be helpful in acclimating society to the responsible use of these drugs (and for anecdotal support, I know A LOT of people who will drink beer/wine but not hard liquor, so this might be sort of equivalent to that) along with decriminalization of everything else.

Last edited:
Heroin dealers rejoice!

Maybe it ties into the whole taliban thingy going on. We all know how much heroin comes from afghanistan and how they guard the fields.

Sheet after the Contras it wouldn't wouldn't surprise me if a shit ton of heroin hits the streets all of the sudden. When it was investigated in the 90's all the committee that investigated it ultimately turned a blind eye to extensive flagrant criminal activity.

I bet there will be a price increase despite the increased supply because of the increased demand also.

Absolutely ridiculous IMHO. Putting it as a schedule 2 is overboard. What about those people who are in chronic pain and NEED their meds for pain relief and that's all that helps??

Modern medicine mentalities. Not so modern.

Absolutely ridiculous IMHO. Putting it as a schedule 2 is overboard. What about those people who are in chronic pain and NEED their meds for pain relief and that's all that helps??

Modern medicine mentalities. Not so modern.

The government has made it clear they prioritze prosecuting non-violent drug offenders as more important than protecting the ability of people in pain to get relief.

Hey guys, maybe it has to tie in with the non-tylenol all-hydrocodone pill they are coming out with??? (I remember reading articles on here about it)

Hey guys, maybe it has to tie in with the non-tylenol all-hydrocodone pill they are coming out with??? (I remember reading articles on here about it)

no, anything with only hydrocodone was already schedule 2, since the 1970s

If they're ALL schedule II, might as well prescribe the new patented (read: expensive) extended release hydrocodone, right? Ack, politicians shouldn't pretend to be doctors or scientists.

This has nothing to do with modern medicine. This was a decision made by politicians, not doctors.

Okay, understood.
That makes complete sense then lol, politicians trying to give medical guidance or whatever. Ha.

If they're ALL schedule II, might as well prescribe the new patented (read: expensive) extended release hydrocodone, right? Ack, politicians shouldn't pretend to be doctors or scientists.

THIS!^

I have been reading through the comments on here and that hit it on the head! Everyone knows that pharmaceutical powers are able to sway the laws in their favour. How long will the patent last? Regardless, they are fine with changing the laws for hydrocodone for the foreseeable future in order to push/promote their new patented ER hydro's. Pretty sickening.

At the same time I am thinking that a lot of doctors WILL now be more willing to prescribe oxycodone 'percs' or even the OP's in some cases. I think that is a win. Anyone with tolerance will take percs over vic's anyday not only because of effect, but choking down CWE isn't fun for ANYONE! Most people I know that haven't built their tolerance too high would be able to take 10mg perc's whole without CWE. Lower range legit pain patients would probably feel the same about that.

^ The thing is, doctors have to worry about covering their own asses much more with C-II drugs. It's not a debate of whether or not a doctor will just give oxycodone, etc now since they are all in the same class-- this whole category is watched much more closely.

This has nothing to do with modern medicine. This was a decision made by politicians, not doctors.

You know that the two can't really be separated, though. The entire face of drug design hinges around the current legal structure. Do you think antidepressants would be as popular if some currently illegal drugs were legal? Do you think that anti-psychotics would be as popular if pharma didn't have its fingerprints all over prescribing standards and the DSM? What is a doctor without this framework of politicians and big businesses?

Last edited:
You know that the two can't really be separated, though. The entire face of drug design hinges around the current legal structure. Do you think antidepressants would be as popular if some currently illegal drugs were legal? Do you think that anti-psychotics would be as popular if pharma didn't have its fingerprints all over prescribing standards and the DSM? What is a doctor without this framework of politicians and big businesses?

The doctors do not make the laws, they are simply forced to work within them. The vast majority of the big pharma industry are not doctors. Obviously big pharma has the money and clout to lobby politicians for laws that favor their industry, but this is not the fault of the doctors; it is a symptom of the overall flawed system they are forced to work in.

If drug scheduling was actually based of the the science of medicine their is no way marijuana would be schedule one. It is the politicians and bureaucrats claiming that marijuana has no medical value, not the doctors. This decision is no different.

does anyone have a clue as to how soon this will take affect? I have scripts for Norco 5 325 on file at the pharmacy now I am freaking out..does this mean a visit to the Dr every month to get a script? I am sorry to be a bother,I am just confused.

I've read that the bill should reach Obama by August, but I'm not sure when that provision is supposed to go into effect.

here is an article I found saying "Chronic Pain Patients are safe" dated last week after the bill went to the House last Monday..

:
Good news for chronic pain patients––for now at least. Last month the Senate passed a bill reauthorizing user fees for the FDA, which also included new, tougher restrictions for opioid pain medications containing hydrocodone like Vicodin and Lortab. However, when the bill went to the House on Monday, the proposed restrictions were dropped from the bill.

The reason the restrictions were removed was reportedly due to a massive lobbying effort by drug stores and pharmacists. The drug stores and pharmacists had two major objections to the legislation:

Pain patients would have a more difficult time getting the treatments they need.

Pharmacies would be burdened with higher administration and security costs.

The proposed controls would have required patients to visit their doctors and get a new written prescription whenever they needed a refill for a medication containing hydrocodone. Doctors would no longer be allowed to call in prescriptions for these medications. Other new requirements proposed included tighter security for storage and transportation of the drugs and higher penalties for misuse.