• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Hydrocodone raised to CII in US EDIT: Not really EDIT2: actually yeah

This not accurate. Hydrocodone scripts are issued with refills in NY. Fact

I am very suprised they stilll allow refillls for hydrocodone here in Florida concidering how insanily strict they are now. Last month when I went to my pain doc I was told she would be out next month during the week I was sapose come and they could not fit me in the week before so I was given a refill on my hydrocodone and 2 morphine scripts although I could not fill the second morphine script untill a certain date. I am glad I was able to find a compasinate understanding doctor that doesn't force me to suffor concidering how bad alllot of chronic pain patients by their doctors.

wtf is with the strict pharmacy laws? seriously this shit is getting ridiculous. What the hell is the need for a DEA getting involved when every state already has their own pharmaceutical board? this shit is getting crazy!

Does zoloft diminish the effects of dilaudid? I'm in terrible pain and am worried that my zoloft prescription is preventing the dilaudid from having its full effect. I won't ask my prescribing doctor for fear that he will stop my prescription for the pain killer ,and I'm afraid to ask my psychiatrist for fear that he will cancel my prescription for zoloft

^ I am not sure if zoloft interferes, the pharmacist likely would not dispense them together if they interfered. Is your dilaudid orally consumed? Dilaudid has very low bioavailability taken orally. Although I would never recommend taking medication any other way than prescribed and would talk to the prescribing doctor about it if you are concerned.

Hello All! I am new here and joined Bluelight specifically to discuss this issue with you all. So happens I have prepared a statement for a hearing this coming week regarding the rescheduling of hydrocodone because the FDA panel consists of 29 persons and the vote was 19 to 10 to reschedule on 1 24 13. I am a human rights and disability rights activist who is also a Chronic Pain Patient taking generic Norco. I would like your input so please feel free to respond and you can find me on Facebook at Occupy HumanRights Censorship. One question? How many Medicaid patients are in this thread or in other forums because it seems to me from my own experience that all Medicaid benefits are being cut in my state and I am interested in organizing poor folks and working people. Love & Respect to You All <3

Do people actually get high on hydros? I never got anything from any amount of hydro. After I started taking high doses of roxy/oxy then tried a hydro it was basically like a aspirin=no high at all. There were these 10mg hydros with no apap and everyone was flipping out oh these are soo strong lol. I could take handfuls of them and nothing. Maybe its just my abnormal high tolerance or do they really suck?

They reintroduced the bill & the FDA advisory panel passed it 19-10.
I'm on a mailing list of a local congressman (Vern Buchanan) who originally wrote the proposal to move all hydrocodone preparations to schedule II. I wrote to him explainin that as a former addict myself, I know firsthand that hydrocodone preparations are not nearly as sought after as stronger opioids. In response to his claim that there were 131 million prescriptions written in 2010 (24 pills for every person in the US,) I pointed out that out that it was because it is the most commonly prescribed painkiller for minor injuries & after surgery. Also it is the most commonly RX'ed cough medicine. Not only that, but 2010 was before the implementation of Florida's prescription drug monitoring program (where all controlled substance prescriptions have to be submitted to the government.)

I also mentioned that trying to control the supply of the drugs would not be as effective as trying to reduce the demand by making treatment more accessable (the nearest methadone clinic is at least 45 minutes away.)

Anyway, I think there is no reason to move hydro to schedule II except to make the politicians seem like they care.

Here's a link to his newsletter stating that congress accepted his proposal to reschedule. So it dosen't look good.

http://buchanan.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?gpiv=2100098951.166120.36&gen=1

Last edited:
FDA announces pure hydrocodone ER to be moved from schedule III to schedule II after "Zohydro" (10-50 mg) passes approval.