• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone help?

SublimeOne

Greenlighter
So I've got about 8 Norco 5/325 pills back from when I had my wisdom teeth out before christmas. I wanted to see what a real high feels like from it since the most I had at a time was one. How many would you guys recommend for me to start off with?

I would take 3 and see how that affects you - if you're good, then maybe one more. but not more than that, since you are not used to it at all. And do not take anything else with it. But taking opioids is risky. You are risking developing a liking for them and possibly an addiction. Keep that in mind.

Chewing them will promote a faster onset of action. But it might taste gross. Crush them up and parachute them. Don't snort them, though.

Definitely not snorting lol. So besides the possible addiction craving, which I'm not worried about, is the acetaminophen amount safe to take at once? I know the OD amount is around 4gs but there have been cases where people have OD on 1g. Just wanna be safe than sorry.

So I took 3 about 20 mins ago and I can feel it now but its definitely not what I was expecting. I'm a heavy pot smoker and have a higher tolerance for it but the high from it still feels more intense than this is. Should I take the fourth one or would it not really do much more? I only have 5 left and I'd rather save it for the next time if you think it won't add on to this buzz.

Yes, then wait at least 45min. If you are still not feeling much crush one up or chew on it and swallow it. If you save it you will have more for next time. But then you are wasting the three you took now. Keep that in mind. Hydrocodone is very water soluble, so when you take it orally, drink a lot of water.

So I took 3 about 20 mins ago and I can feel it now but its definitely not what I was expecting. I'm a heavy pot smoker and have a higher tolerance for it but the high from it still feels more intense than this is. Should I take the fourth one or would it not really do much more? I only have 5 left and I'd rather save it for the next time if you think it won't add on to this buzz.

That's actually a very common reaction. Many people (including myself) are underwhelmed with opiates on the first try, especially weaker ones like hydro. Don't dose more yet, if you use hydrocodone again you can try increasing your dose to 20mg and then maybe at some point, 25 if you still don't feel much, but I think you'll find that the mild buzz and content feeling is just the character of hydro. Opioids don't usually feel that strong for most people until we're talking about good doses of oxy, heroin, dilaudid, etc. I'm a daily pot smoker, have been for years, disgusting tolerance and I have always found it more intense than hydro, it just doesn't provide that content and peacefully euphoric feeling that opiates usually do. And like others have mentioned, 20 mins is nothing. At least 45 is right, but maybe even longer if you tend to metabolize slowly or have something in your stomach. Doing more probably will add something to the buzz but it won't blow you away, hydro imo just won't get you as high as you want if you are underwhelmed with a standard dose. But in any case, even those who end up getting hooked on hydro don't usually find it to be love at first try but instead grow to really love the feeling. I didn't even love oxy on my first try.

morphine-dreams is right, hydrocodone is incredibly weak. I myself always get almost nothing from it, even at doses up to 60mg. But something like buprenorphine - which is just a partial agonist - is powerful and euphoric and one of my favorite drugs.

Honestly, it's not even effective for pain for me. Aleve even works better. Never tried bupe but I wasn't very satisfied with my first try of any opiate except for heroin, although I do love oxycodone now. But they're especially underwhelming if you're not experienced with opiates because the opiate high is more subtle than a lot of people seem to think. I mean my first ever opiate experience was iv morphine at a hospital and while I enjoyed it, it did not at all live up to my expectations. I can see how shooting heroin or an even more euphoric opioid could be incredible and intense but short of that, the opioid high is really not what media/society makes it out to be.

Expecting a more intense high and redosing quickly is an easy OD trap to fall into though, especially when you don't have a tolerance or know your limit yet.

I think a lot of people associate opioids with a euphoric nod type effect instead of the subtle, stimulating pleasantness they usually produce. They work by inhibiting GABAergic neurotransmission and increasing dopamine. Only at very high dosages do they become overwhelmingly sedating.

>Redosing quickly

Moorish drugs are so hard to resist! am 2201 comes to mind! That drug caused me so many problems...

Well I ended up chewing up a 4th one making it 20mg total and it really didn't add anything at all. The slight buzz I initially had is gone and now I just feel drained, like a need a nap. Overall it wasn't really enjoyable at all. Maybe next time ill just take the rest of the 5 I have left at once and smoke with it. But like you said the Norcos are weak and I can see why lol.

Save them and buy some kratom online. There are a lot of good websites. Bali is really good. It's a potent, natural opioid. It will potentiate the hell out of the hydrocodone and you will get really high. Trust me. It will be worth it.

They may be weak. But don't underestimate their addictive potential.

I think a lot of people associate opioids with a euphoric nod type effect instead of the subtle, stimulating pleasantness they usually produce. They work by inhibiting GABAergic neurotransmission and increasing dopamine. Only at very high dosages do they become overwhelmingly sedating.

>Redosing quickly

Moorish drugs are so hard to resist! am 2201 comes to mind! That drug caused me so many problems...

Yep, and you only get the rush when you shoot (I guess if you smoke, you can get a milder rush too). If you want to get fucked up or just really, really high, opiates aren't usually the way to go. Especially not if you're trying to minimize OD risk.

And yes, fiendish opiates are so bad when it comes to redosing and then wd! My biggest problem was with enhanced kratom products that were rumored to contain o-desmethyl tramadol or another RC opioid. I believe it. Normal kratom had legs for a good 2-3 hours at least, often kept me out of wd for 4+ but with this stuff I had to redose every hour like fucking clockwork or I'd go straight into wd, hitting full blown by only the 6 hour mark. The only good thing was that it was over quickly. But a month of use was like a year of using a longer acting opiate and I was using high doses because my tolerance grew rapidly in addition so when I detoxed, it was the soaking my sheets in sweat while shivering so hard my teeth chattered, vomiting anything I tried to get down, actively kicking my bed constantly from rls and psychotic depression despite being on comfort meds type of withdrawal. But I relapsed a week later after all that because they're so damn hard to resist lol. Glad that's over though.

And yeah, norcos are weak indeed. The only people I see who really claim to get off on them are high school kids that weigh like 80 pounds and don't do a lot of drugs. Most people who like them just like the subtle buzz and relaxed euphoria, not too unlike a therapeutic dose of xanax.

Yeah, one of the guys who was making that had to stop because people were dying from it.

That sounds like my three month long am 2201 withdrawals.

I was an idiot and assumed that since it's kratom or so I thought, I can't fatally OD, and went crazy with the stuff. The pinpoint pupils did seem suspicious, but I was a new user and thought that was standard (I mean, constricted pupils are, but they were TINY). I never did OD but there were times I'd have the tincture and just put half the bottle in drinks like it was a shot. I guess my tolerance was already so jacked that I could handle it. Laced gray market drugs, who ever would've thought? Not me apparently lol.

You deserve some kind of award for 3 months of that. Mine was over in 3 days, that was the massive silver lining. I think I actually would've had to look into subs if it lasted much longer than that. How long did you use for? I stopped because it got too expensive but looking back, being broke was probably a great thing.