• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone abuse

Bud101

Greenlighter
Hey everyone, I’m new to this.
Been on Norco 10/325 for almost a year now. I never take them as prescribed. I always do a cold water extraction and take anywhere from 60-100 mg a day. My question is has anyone else been doing this much for this amount of time or longer? Ive been getting bloodwork done to check on my liver. I guess as ironic as it is my main concern is my health, I’m just wondering if there is anyone else out there with the same problem as me. The addiction to Norco and how long have you been on it?

Plenty of people have been on the same dose or higher. As long as you are doing the CWE correctly you shouldn't run into any issues, most opioids are very safe drugs long term as long as you stay at dosages that are safe for your tolerance level.

I can't imagine you get even halfway through the month without running out at that rate.

I have been on Norco for over 6 years, and do not take more than the Script says. I have been fine, Except for the Dependence, withdrawals suck, from a medicine you need!!!

I was on the exact same regimen as you, except I was buying them but could only get enough to do like 80mg a day for three days.

I have been on Norco for over 6 years, and do not take more than the Script says. I have been fine, Except for the Dependence, withdrawals suck, from a medicine you need!!!
That’s crazy you have been on them for 6 years! How many do you take a day?

Yeah I get 90 a month and they last me a week. Did you do Cold water extraction?
What's in a norco? I live in uk and we dont get em here, I'm on oxi 40mg twice a day my monthly script lasts about 9-10 days if I'm lucky😉

What's in a norco? I live in uk and we dont get em here, I'm on oxi 40mg twice a day my monthly script lasts about 9-10 days if I'm lucky😉
It’s hydrocodone and acetaminophen, luckily I am able to buy narcan at our local pharmacy.

I take 4 10/325 , I when I get up, late Am , then late afternoon, and before bed
Sir,
Are you aware that with you putting this much acetaminophen in your liver daily your on a fast track for liver failure. At the very least you will be on dialysis. A needle in your arm daily filtering your blood so your liver won't fail. Because when it does you will be pushing up Daisy's.

Ok then I'm the Moron, I missed it. Still can't see burning thru a Months medication In 3 days...then again it's not my medicine.

thanks guys!! I am tested for everything every three months, and have been Sober for 37 years, So gave my extra heavy duty alcoholic Liver a break. I do beleive that Many alcoholics ( at least Long term ones) are genetically set up to take the beating and suffering longer ( Look at the russians and Irish Lol LOl Haha)

^Hey Man that is some truly wonderful news. As far as I know and according to what I would consider pretty extensive research, the worst physical harm that chronic Opioid use can cause is constipation. For those who are unaware, you can die from complications related to constipation, but this is a side-effect that I would consider extremely manageable if you monitor it vigilantly.

If you are performing a proper CWE then you should not have to worry about your liver.