• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Husband took my prescription?

Always look at their pupils. My daddy would catch me everytime just by looking into my eyes. Hed say my eyes looked like two cherries in a glass of buttermilk

I bet you got blue eyes than like me šŸ˜„ dead give away

You might consider buying a urinalysis type drug testing kit from amazon or the drug store and ask him to take the test. One would think that if it isn't him he'd be glad to take the test.

Alternatively (and at greater expense), if you wanted to go about it surreptitiously you could collect some of his hair and send it in for drug testing.

Wow šŸ‘

@negrogehas stated the most obvious solution here. It's obvious,but I sure as he'll didn't consider it.

If he won't come clean, threaten him with the drug test. Just like at the clinic, a refusal to take the drug test is tantamount to admission of guilt so... really you'll have your answer as soon as you even ask.

I think you know in your heart already. I'm a drug addict myself. I've been around addicts my whole life. When confronted with accusations, they're far more likely to double down and only admit guilt when caught red-handed, as it were, like "I have video evidence of you taking that shit"

I would recommend approaching the situation with compassion and understanding. It's your husband so I'm sure you're not looking for revenge or prosecution. Tell him you'll do any and every thing needed to support him, but from that moment on, dishonesty will not be tolerated.

You guys can get through this. Hopefully Hydrocodone is the only thing he is using. A sidebar, I'm hoping he knows not to take all of those pills without performing a Cold Water Extraction to remove the Acetominophen, which is safe in recommended dosages but quite harmful in larger dosages.

I had back surgery about a year ago and have gotten a script for around 105 Loritab every month ever since. A few months ago I started noticing my pills disappearing. Thought maybe I was just tripping until I actually started counting them every so often. The only person in my house who would be taking them is my husband. Now my monthly prescription has COMPLETELY disappeared, bottle and all. It's a sucky feeling thinking your husband is stealing from you..I've looked everywhere in the house that I would think he may have stashed them but no luck. I'm not trying to call the police on him either. Of course he denies denies denies. I don't know what to do.
If itā€™s just the 2 of you living there then I would be like ā€œlook I know you took my pills because itā€™s only us here.ā€ (Donā€™t get mad,keep a cool head and even calm tone with ur voice) tell him ā€œif you need some pain pills just ask me and Iā€™d be happy to share them with youā€
If that approach doesnā€™t work then I would threaten him with the cops. Thereā€™s really not much else that you can do.

If itā€™s just the 2 of you living there then I would be like ā€œlook I know you took my pills because itā€™s only us here.ā€ (Donā€™t get mad,keep a cool head and even calm tone with ur voice) tell him ā€œif you need some pain pills just ask me and Iā€™d be happy to share them with youā€
If that approach doesnā€™t work then I would threaten him with the cops. Thereā€™s really not much else that you can do.

She could hit him with a baseball bat or a cattle prod and scream at him asking if he wants to die today, that always gets the answer I wanna hear for me personally

Forgiveness, it's a chemical dependency. If you are sure then tell him that he should try to get his own script or put the effort into getting subox or methadone, hopefully he can get his own script and you guys split it up and be honest and fight this thing as a team.
Sounds like you guys might be able to go through this together and just help each other not to be sick, be a comfort to each other, tell him it's OK and you understand and that you want to go through this together until you get a new script and then buy a cheap safe at the hardware store to keep them in.

If you can do this without a major blow up then misery loves company and you can at least give each other some intimacy to get those natural endorphins going. Approach it with love... If you still love him. Suffering together will make it more bearable and you can help each other by splitting up responsibilities in the house and with your child and do whatever you can to keep each other hydrated, make each other some food, hold each other while you suffer.
Remember that he is probably going to be very sick too when he runs out.
I hope you both feel like the relationship is worth saving and I will remember you both in my prayers tonight

If he didnā€™t take Iā€™m sure he wouldnā€™t mind taking a little narcan. On the other hand I was accused by a friend of taking his prescription bottle.. that fool just hid it to well on himself and eventually found it.